User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 4 Mar 2008, 18:04   #51
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Top 5 Comedians

One of the major benefits of digital radio is BBC 7.

While flicking through channels the other day I came across Lee and Herring on BBC 7! It wasn't classic Lee and Herring, but it was definitely funny. Tomorrow there's a Alan Partridge interview show, too.

I highly recommend digital radio. Or you could simply listen to the new BBC radio channels online. Whichever.

Oh and had I have paid attention to, read and partaken in this thread I would have mentioned Paul Merton, newt. Although he hasn't done anything I'm aware of in a long time. I'm excluding HIGNFY and Room 101 as those don't proffer large amounts of creative effort.

I'd include Chris Morris and Mark Thomas as well. Spike Milligan, too. Lee and Herring are clearly married and so only count as one. There are so many others though, and actually I'm not sure I'd include Paul Merton if I spend much more time remembering more comedians, but hey.

Last edited by Hebdomad; 4 Mar 2008 at 18:14.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2008, 19:01   #52
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

wouldnt really put lee and herring as one since they havent worked together (afaik) since tmwrnj (except for a charity thing last year which i did have a bootleg recording of) instead both are continuing to persue independent stand up careers.
Unread 7 Mar 2008, 13:08   #53
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Someone mentioned Marcus Brigstock. He was on Question Time last night and managed to fit a few jokes in, the funniest i've ever seen him (which admitedly isn't that much).
Unread 7 Mar 2008, 15:36   #54
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
have come to the conculsion that stephen merchant is the real talent.
Funnily enough, I found out he is doing some low-key stand up shows. I now want to see it.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2008, 13:45   #55
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

George Carlin
Chris Rick
Carlos Mencia
Bill Engvall
Rowan Atkinson

Those are the comedians I have laughed at the most.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2008, 13:47   #56
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Richard Pryor
Eddie Murphy
Billy Connoly
Bill Bailey
Jimmy Carr

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2008, 23:33   #57
[FC]Imperial

[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light

jimmy carr (saw live in london, was aboslutly brilliant)
eddie murphy
dane cook
jack dee
chris rock

not specificly top5 but the first 5 i was able to think of that i enjoy