User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 12 Aug 2005, 16:58   #1
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future
Sky Television - Can you cheat their system?

I am just wondering if anyone here has tried the following before or knows the answer.

I have brought a Premiership Plus Season Ticket for Sky (I guess this also applies to registering to any Sky channel)

I am going around a friend's house on Saturday & Sunday and I am wondering if I can take my card or box with me and I will be able to access the game.

Do Sky register the ticket to your card, box or line?

Any information will be great.

Regards

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2005, 17:01   #2
sword

sword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these parts
Re: Sky Television - Can you cheat their system?

I got my ticket for 25 quid when it was first advertised, how bout you? Dunno the answer to your question tho.
sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2005, 17:18   #3
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future

£50 =(

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2005, 17:27   #4
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

I suspect it's the card that counts. If you take the card with you no one in your house can use it, so it's not as if you could be swindling them by having the game watched in two houses on one card.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2005, 17:37   #5
FooFighter

FooFighter can only hope to improve

The card only works in your box and nobody elses, ive got two boxes in my house and swapped the cards round (as i ordered Setanta and wanted to see if it would work in my dads box with my card) and they don't register in the other box. So the box and card are 'one' but Setanta was registered to my box/card setup only

Taking your box and card though to a mates, well it might just work, no harm in trying it.

Good luck !
FooFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2005, 17:38   #6
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

I tried ages ago to put my standard sky package card into my parents sky box and it didnt work.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2005, 18:25   #7
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

if you take your card and your box it will work. i've tried it many times. Does not work if you only take one of them.
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2005, 22:56   #8
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
I suspect it's the card that counts. If you take the card with you no one in your house can use it, so it's not as if you could be swindling them by having the game watched in two houses on one card.
It's probably not so much an issue of stopping people from swindling them as controlling their area of coverage to within licensed vebues only.

I know they do it with our local TV station for communities that can't get free-to-air and require a digital satellite link. Unscrouplusois bar owners were taking their cards from home and placing them in bars so that drinking patrons can catch the latest in sport
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 08:38   #9
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Nofutcha will become famous soon enoughNofutcha will become famous soon enough

I had some friends in New Zealand who were going hunting on an isolated island, so they took a Sky Sattelite dish, decoder, card and a generator so they could watch the rugby games in their hut. It worked.

#phnx
Nofutcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 12:23   #10
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
It's probably not so much an issue of stopping people from swindling them as controlling their area of coverage to within licensed vebues only.

I know they do it with our local TV station for communities that can't get free-to-air and require a digital satellite link. Unscrouplusois bar owners were taking their cards from home and placing them in bars so that drinking patrons can catch the latest in sport
But in that situation, what's to stop the bar owners just taking the box to the bar as well?
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 13:56   #11
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Nofutcha will become famous soon enoughNofutcha will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
But in that situation, what's to stop the bar owners just taking the box to the bar as well?
We did that in our bar, and so did a lot of others in our town... however they managed to track the signals somehow and came round and fined like 8 bars out of 13.

#phnx
Nofutcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 17:05   #12
smeg9
Ex EL High Command

smeg9 is on a distinguished road

From these Explainations, how do you upgrade your box?

We have the first sky digital pace box, and it's as slow as hell, you can pick up new ones from ebay pretty cheap....

I am sure it's possible to upgrade your box..
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 19:05   #13
smeg9
Ex EL High Command

smeg9 is on a distinguished road

I mean the physical box, one that has faster components in, the EPG for instance has grown immensley, there are now loads (more than 10 I guess!) interactive services (when we first had sky there was 1) and I guess 100 more channels... It's slow and struggles....