User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 18 Jan 2007, 18:18   #1
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Who's got a good eye for pictures?

Im looking for some comments and constructive criticism on a piece of artwork I have done, and I know you guys are up to the challenge!!

I wont post all the details again but links to the pictures are here;

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=193589

Cheers

Crash
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2007, 23:25   #2
Opi
Ensign

Opi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to all
Re: Who's got a good eye for pictures?

I think the dark-light relations (can't think of a better term) are a bit odd. You have this big bright star that draws all the attention and then the rest of the picture is pretty dark. Or is that intended? Problem is, I have no idea how to properly construct pictures, so I can't really give you helpful tips.
Opi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2007, 23:49   #3
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think I've made some improvements and additions. Let me know.

Hurrah!

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2007, 00:30   #4
Koks

Koks will become famous soon enoughKoks will become famous soon enough

I think the 1st one is best but thats my opinion. i like it
Unread 19 Jan 2007, 02:23   #5
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Get rid of the lensflare imo, the star attracts far too much visual attention with it there.

I think I prefer the last one but I'm not sure.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2007, 02:28   #6
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

To me the last one stood out more. Everyone's perception is different I suppose though.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2007, 11:03   #7
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
Opi
I think the dark-light relations (can't think of a better term) are a bit odd. You have this big bright star that draws all the attention and then the rest of the picture is pretty dark. Or is that intended? Problem is, I have no idea how to properly construct pictures, so I can't really give you helpful tips.
It is kinda intended and is based on a picture called Hot Jupiter by Mark A Garlick (http://www.space-art.co.uk/html/stars/fstars.html).

Quote:
Nodrog
Get rid of the lensflare imo, the star attracts far too much visual attention with it there.
There is no intentional lens flare added, the stars are a photograph taken from hubble, I will move the star out of the way though to see if it helps.

Thanks Koks and Marv for the feedback.
Unread 19 Jan 2007, 11:23   #8
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTester
Those pictures are awesome, wish I'd found them when doing my Space Invaders project, they'd make great backgrounds
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2007, 12:32   #9
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
Those pictures are awesome, wish I'd found them when doing my Space Invaders project, they'd make great backgrounds
You thief!

If you look at the website he specifically mentions thieving Planetarions so he redesigned his site in flash to stop the pinching and linking. Seems he was justified in doing so!
Unread 19 Jan 2007, 16:52   #10
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTester
You thief!

If you look at the website he specifically mentions thieving Planetarions so he redesigned his site in flash to stop the pinching and linking. Seems he was justified in doing so!
Obviously I would've seeked the copyright holders permission before using any
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2007, 01:05   #11
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

well 1 issue your shadows are at the wrong angle for the light sources (on the right side ).. you have 2, the beam .. which the shadow is ok for .. and the sun .. which is showing no shadows on those whatevers on the right hand side, which is ruining the perspective on that side of the picture.

You have a rising light source which illuminates the right hand mountains in a red glow .. but not the left.

this is effectively creating flat spots top left and mid right.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote