User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 30 Aug 2005, 13:26   #51
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: People stirring up trouble

As I've said before, I've never seen the point in the rep system. It's worthless and a source of trouble and it should never have been activated. If I was an admin, then I would turn it off.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 13:53   #52
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: People stirring up trouble

i don't think it needs to be turned off, merely changed, you can't have anonymous rep, I think that it has been proved that it doesn't work.

oh, and for the record, i sign every rep i send out, wether pos or neg, and i rep whenever i feel the need, rather than having any bias for or agains't people
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 13:57   #53
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
you can't have anonymous rep, I think that it has been proved that it doesn't work.
I don't really see the point. If there was some pressing need for us to keep the whole thing, then I'd agree that the way to proceeed was through improvements. But there isn't any such need. Deffeh has already mentioned why the whole thing is utterly shite.

As it is, keeping it anonymous and making it visible both have serious drawbacks and are likely to lead to fighting and bitterness.

Just take it off.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 14:02   #54
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

why should taking off the anonymous rep give huge drawbacks? currently the only people being protected are the cowards anyway, if i knew that my name was going to be on every rep (it is anyway) it wouldnt make me change how i give out rep because i don't abuse the system
Why should cowards be protected?
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 14:11   #55
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
why should taking off the anonymous rep give huge drawbacks?
People will be fearful of neg-repping other members, particularly 'established' members with older reg dates and big post counts, who have more rep weight. It's unfair, essentially. Which is actually what happened when it was briefly visible, if memory serves.

My main point is that I honestly don't see what purpose the rep system serves other than to fuel pointless debates like this and create biterness about people's behaviour and the extent of people's e-penises. It's not useful in the slightest.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 14:22   #56
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
Recently I've been getting neg-reps for either:

a) using Opera
b) my taste in music
c) for making a useful suggestion to Dace (which he took)

99% left with no names.

I agree with 1-X, Embroglio and Deffeh. It's a sham and a failure really. Take it off.
Oh, my bad. I thought you were suggesting to Dace he listen to your taste in music, which is Opera

1000 apologies.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 14:26   #57
roadrunner_0
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
My main point is that I honestly don't see what purpose the rep system serves other than to fuel pointless debates like this and create biterness about people's behaviour and the extent of people's e-penises. It's not useful in the slightest.

yes - but if implemented a bit better it would be useful, pehaps T&F's suggestions would work, but, in its current format i would agree that it is unworkable and should be either changed or scrapped as it means nothing
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 14:40   #58
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTester
Oh, my bad. I thought you were suggesting to Dace he listen to your taste in music, which is Opera

1000 apologies.
You have bad taste.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 14:45   #59
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

rep is useful (in a small way) now that it's linked to getting an avatar

btw if rep was visible, any 'heavyweight reppers' who returned neg-rep unjustly would soon be exposed and ridiculed (and hopefully neg-repped en masse)

and iirc the big fuss about the short time it was visible was related to people being able to see the old anonymous rep suddenly made public.

One more thing : I expect there's an admin option to stop moderators seeing who repped them. If anonymous rep is so wonderful, why not join us?
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 14:54   #60
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
One more thing : I expect there's an admin option to stop moderators seeing who repped them. If anonymous rep is so wonderful, why not join us?
because like Bush and his big shock & awe campain they're too embarassed to admit that the whole system has failed and become just one big blunder.

the truth is, the repping system does not work, people are afraid at what they might lose if they are suddenly accountable for their actions.
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 15:05   #61
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
the truth is, the repping system does not work, people are afraid at what they might lose if they are suddenly accountable for their actions.
OH NO
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 15:25   #62
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
You have bad taste.

please **** off?
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 15:30   #63
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
please **** off?
Given you appear to think that everyone on this board is a snivelling nitwit, I think you either have as low an opinion of yourself as we do or you think comparatively highly of me, to assume that the idiotic things that you do should be taken as average for this place.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 15:37   #64
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm confused.

Crashtester makes a humourous post based on Blastoderm's, to which MrL_JaKiri replies "You have bad taste."

As MrL quoted CT, it would suggest the comment was related to the post in some way, but I really can't see it. Am I missing something obvious?
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 15:41   #65
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

yes.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 15:57   #66
1-X
overtired

ok.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 16:15   #67
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

i dont like the way that i can get 5 lots of pos rep in a row then some spanner can neg rep me and take me into the minus figures just because they are some sort of bertie big bollocks with lots of posts and shiny green spots.

btw - whoever neg repped me last 'for having a username that is too long' at least have the balls to sign your name.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 16:17   #68
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Given you appear to think that everyone on this board is a snivelling nitwit, I think you either have as low an opinion of yourself as we do or you think comparatively highly of me, to assume that the idiotic things that you do should be taken as average for this place.

No, I just think you are a bit of a prick.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 16:27   #69
roadrunner_0
cynic

Quote:
No, I just think you are a bit of a prick.

and me, according to that rep last week
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 16:40   #70
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
and me, according to that rep last week

Nah you're OK, that was just a little phase I went through.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 16:49   #71
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Nah you're OK, that was just a little phase I went through.
puberty ?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 17:02   #72
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
puberty ?

Well done, big word spelt correctly.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 17:04   #73
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

id also like to add the point that "people being afraid to neg rep" is rubbish

Personally if rep wasnt anonymous i'd maybe not pos rep as much. I'd rather risk a rep-war or whatever by negging JammyJim than be accused of being a suck up by pos repping nodrog.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 20:02   #74
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like this "anonmyous rep doesn't work" thing. Can someone please tell me what exactly is so terrible about it?
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 20:05   #75
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

another vB board i visit has an oh so simple solution to the rep problem. It's simple people will kick themselves (or JammyJim, whichever they feel more appropriate) when they hear it.

An option in the user cp for individules to disable reputation, in exactly the same way that you can disable sigs or avatars. That way, the people who don't like the rep system can turn it off, and those who like it get to keep it. (There's also only pos rep on that particular forum)
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 20:25   #76
1-X
overtired

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I like this "anonmyous rep doesn't work" thing. Can someone please tell me what exactly is so terrible about it?
This (and many other) threads were started as a result of annoyance caused by those who sign other people's names instead of none/their own.

We know it's easy to mock people who complain about rep, that you're above caring about rep disputes and don't mind what crappy messages someone sends you, but hang on, you get to see names on all of yours. It's the same for all the other mods/admins; the same blasé* attitude because it never happens to you because the idiots who do it know that you can see their names.

Most people would prefer named rep. Why can't they have it?

*I used 'en masse' too earlier, help I'm turning French!
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 20:33   #77
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If I turn off my ability to see who repped me and tell all the other mods and admins to not tell me even if I ask will that help?
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 20:40   #78
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If the rep system were to go, I would miss it. Not the points. Not the blobs. Just the comments.

I have received some truly wonderful comments that I will cherish for some time to come.

I have also received some comments which wished me ill. These were entertaining.

I basicly oppose the cutting off of any form of communication.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 21:30   #79
1-X
overtired

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
If I turn off my ability to see who repped me and tell all the other mods and admins to not tell me even if I ask will that help?
(It's hard to believe as I've gone on and on about it so much but) I'm really not bothered. It wouldn't change anything - you'd get a few prank reps probably and wouldn't care. If you all did it, I expect many would appreciate the gesture.

And let's not forget that the biggest argument against anonymity was that the result of the poll we had was ignored. Maybe I'm being naive but even now I'm still shocked and disappointed that it happened. Damn my sense of fairness.

I use the rep system more as a quicker PM system nowadays - increasing someone's rep is a minor side-effect of a useful communication feature (as dda said)