User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 23 Nov 2006, 07:55   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[Phones] Advice please Blasto (anyone)

I appreciate that these threads come up with quite a bit of regularity. This time however i'm fairly certain what phone i want im just checking to see if anyone's heard of any problems with it.

Nokia N73

Tariffs im interested in go from about £25 to about £30 (for the first 8) and are 18 months.

It's also for sale via O2 here

Tarriffs there are £30 a month. You can also get a 12 month contract there (same price).

I'm giving you this extra information because i've had the same phone for 23 months now and i have been raped cost wise (like £38/month min for 200 mins and 50 texts). I could have changed it 11 months ago but didn't (my fault) as such i think i'm prolly classed as a "good" (read stupid) customer so i think i might be entitled to something extra. Is this the case? How do i maximise my chances of getting the phone for cheaper? Do i just phone up CS and say "Hi i'm going to cancel my current contract what's your offer?"

I'm also considering the Nokia E-50 as an alternative. Price is £18 to £25 (first 7 tarriffs) a month. Thoughts/opinions/warnings?
Unread 23 Nov 2006, 08:27   #2
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Phones] Advice please Blasto (anyone)

I forgot to add; "if you change service provider can you keep the same number?"

That's a pretty important thing for me too.

Also "What are 3 like?" (service/coverage)
Unread 23 Nov 2006, 08:35   #3
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
I forgot to add; "if you change service provider can you keep the same number?"
yes, very easily. much more easily than within a provider, which usually takes more than one phone call to customer service. Certainly with Orange, O2 and Vodaphone it has
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2006, 10:32   #4
SpaceMonkey
Warden
Reactor Champion

SpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to behold

I haven't had any trouble with 3 and the 3g coverage seems pretty good but I guess that depends where you are.
http://www.three.co.uk/three/coverag...rageChecker.do

The thing that upsets me is the £5 of free downloads a month. This only includes ringtones, games, video clips from the 3 portal and does not include external websites. I don't know if that's normal but it took me by surprise.
SpaceMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2006, 10:51   #5
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

The N73 is a good phone in terms of features, battery life and talk time. Also a good thing with the new Nokias is you can update the phones software via the Nokia website. This helps reduce bugs, freezing, extends battery life - as well as a list of other things.

Good choice.

Who are you with atm? If you want to keep the same number you need to speak to your provider and ask for a PAC code. This enables you to transfer your number to another provider.

If you are with O2 currently just upgrade your account to the N73 + the tariff of your choice.

3 are good if you live in a city as the coverage will be fantastic. If your out in the sticks then don't bother.

E50 is a really good phone. It is the upgrade of the Nokia 6310. It was/still is a very popular phone for business users. Simple, long battery life etc.

It always easier to deal with the network directly (usually best over the phone) so try not to go to Carphone Warehouse, Phones4u etc.
Unread 23 Nov 2006, 13:51   #6
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

only 2 years ago...

KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2006, 17:56   #7
Dace
so f*cking zen

I'm currently with vodaphone and thanks all (except Koen).
Unread 23 Nov 2006, 21:06   #8
Recon
Notice Me!!! Notice Me!!!

Recon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to all

Working in a phone store part time, Phones4U infact i can advise that by shopping on the internet your doing the right thing. Most internet deals pretty much beat anything in shop. The only advantages of shopping instore i would guess is we can discount upto £100 this means we can give you £100 per sale therefore reducing monthly line rental, giving you x months free etc etc

If you REALLY want the best deal, just phone up vodafone threaten to leave them, you will get put through to retentions tell them of some ridiculously good deal you saw and nine times out of ten they will either match it or beat it. Deal has to be within the realms of possibility, no getting away with i was offered 1000mins xnet anytime 1000txts for £10 a month or anything equally as stupid.

On the N73 front, it's the phone i'm using at the moment and truthfully i'm a wee bit dissapointed, it's nothing major at all, just sometimes it can be a tad slow to go into menu's and such, i believe this is just due to the fact i'm too lazy to buy a memory card and i've used up most of the memory in-built in the phone hence it runs a wee bit slow.

hope that helps
He isn't what I would call a menace but he is like a child trapped in a fat child with cerebal palsy's body which is wrapped in denim.He seemed to always bitch at everything that ever happened ever even if it was a post that read "SUNDAY8PM IS THE KING OF THE SOCIAL SCENE!" he would still bitch about it. Oh and it's a well known fact that if you mash Sunday8pm's face into a keyboard, the words "More Hula Hoops Please" will mysteriously appear on screen every time.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote