User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 18 Jun 2006, 15:47   #1
Thefoundation

Thefoundation is infamous around these partsThefoundation is infamous around these parts
PA on your phone

Is there a phone all-ready out there where you can play PA? This is quite use full for those with a lame strict office regime where you cant play PA at work.

Does any1 have this phone:

http://www.nl.bol.com/intershoproot/.../5/1684564.gif

its the MDA Vario.

Does Pa work on it? On what phone does Pa work? If there arent any phones where you can PA on, why's that? Can there be a special link for PA on your phone (with just the commands, smaller, and no graphix)

Forward thanks if you got the awnser
Thefoundation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 15:54   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: PA on your phone

You can play it if you install a browser on your phone, e.g. the Opera Mini or whatever it's called. But you'll have problem with the bot stopper though
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 15:55   #3
Thefoundation

Thefoundation is infamous around these partsThefoundation is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
You can play it if you install a browser on your phone, e.g. the Opera Mini or whatever it's called. But you'll have problem with the bot stopper though
ah thanks can you explain the bot stopper thingy? is that the lame login questions? why are those a problem
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 16:05   #4
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

I used that phone for about half an hour yesterday, very impressed. I feel it'd probably work to the same extent the PSP does with PA (except you've got a keyboard!). I didn't try logging into pa though
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 16:11   #5
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Nice fone. Btw havent we had this discussion before? But anyway yes PA only usally works on some fones with certain web browers. Only problem is for example the login questions are usally a problem as you cant read them. PA though has never said its WAP enabled (or GPRS).. so i guess if you can access it on your fone, then your lucky

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 16:18   #6
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

I got that phone for PA and it works very well.
Only thing hard to read is the login questions but if you set it to max size for letters it's readable.
it works well on gprs and no need for a special skin for it.
I use the LCH skin and it works well on it.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 16:19   #7
Thefoundation

i hvnt bougth the phone (YET) i think im getting it upcomming week.

I wonder assasin cant we make a simple link at the login question that you get the login question that is Wap/gprs able?
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 16:21   #8
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Well, its always a sugestion to make on the sugestion forums. Perhaps Appoc or another PA team would pick up on it. I think allowing PA to be able to play on fones would be a good idea.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 16:22   #9
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

no need to change PA for it since the phone has a normal IE browser in it.
Like I said before it works very well on that phone.
#multihunters
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 16:24   #10
Thefoundation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
no need to change PA for it since the phone has a normal IE browser in it.
Like I said before it works very well on that phone.
ok, im getting it

tho i heard the camera was shit, but that hasnt got anything to do with internet or PA
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 16:28   #11
Ace
PA Team

I would suggest to take an otherone if it's already out.
The HP IPAQ 6915 since it has a bigger screen, a better camera and it has build in GPS so you can use tomtom on it too.
Only downside to it is, it's not yet in a bundle from a mobile phone subscriber like T-mobile/kpn/orange so you will pay the full prize for the phone.
#multihunters
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 16:36   #12
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

PA on your phone isn't officially supported. Some people have managed to get it to work, i believe the main problem is the viewing of the bot stopper picture.

I think the best thing is to just play with your settings and see if anything works.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 16:46   #13
Assassin
PA Ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
PA on your phone isn't officially supported. Some people have managed to get it to work, i believe the main problem is the viewing of the bot stopper picture.

I think the best thing is to just play with your settings and see if anything works.

I think we established that Marv

p3nguin Founder
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 16:59   #14
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
Yes, I realised that after I did my usual and replied to the OP without bothering to read the other replies

Unread 18 Jun 2006, 16:59   #15
Marv
Jazz Man

Quote:
Yes, I realised that after I did my usual and replied to the OP without bothering to read the other replies

Unread 18 Jun 2006, 17:25   #16
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I downloaded Opera Mini and found that while I often had to guess the question, any phone that can download it (which is just about every new phone these days) can do the same.

If you nagivate to http://www.opera.com/products/mobile/operamini/ on your phone with the normal browser and download it, it should be fine
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 23:53   #17
Lord^
Idling in #Omen

Lord^ has a spectacular aura aboutLord^ has a spectacular aura about

Yes, All the Windows Mobile 5.0 Phones are capable of going to Planetarion login page and playing. I have the HTC Apache or USTarComm PPC-6700 for Sprint. And it works fine, especially with the EV-DO connection. I use the LCH Skin (nice skin btw) and it loads pretty fast. The only problem is getting to see what the bot question is...I have it max for viewing but it is still hard to decipher. The special fonts are crazy to decipher on a small screen.
Lord^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 00:21   #18
Dr_Zaius

Dr_Zaius has a spectacular aura aboutDr_Zaius has a spectacular aura about

Thats because theyre designed to stop bots, and as no-one plays on a PC with a 1 inch screen it's not considered a problem :P Until PA officially supports mobile (if it ever happens again!) it's not gonna improve :P

Dr_Zaius - Planetarion Support Team Member
Dr_Zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 02:51   #19
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

A tip for Opera users: save the login picture to the memory and use some image viewer to zoom in the pic. Works fine if you can switch the browser to background and back on your phone. (e.g. you can zoom in in the gallery of Nokia S60-based phones)
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 06:37   #20
Ghost{}

Ghost{} is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok so now the phone users would have to adapt to switching to a photo viewer zoom in switch back and fill in the answer all of which would probably take 4-5 minutes per login. Now that's going to make people want to login by phone isn't it.

The problem needs to be solved at the source, the questions ought to become more visible, invisibility is more likely to stop humans than bots imho, most big websites use bot checkers that are way clearer than this, so it's just not necessary.

Greetz,

Ghost{}
Ghost{} is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 07:47   #21
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost{}
Ok so now the phone users would have to adapt to switching to a photo viewer zoom in switch back and fill in the answer all of which would probably take 4-5 minutes per login. Now that's going to make people want to login by phone isn't it.

The problem needs to be solved at the source, the questions ought to become more visible, invisibility is more likely to stop humans than bots imho, most big websites use bot checkers that are way clearer than this, so it's just not necessary.
4-5 minutes per login is strongly exaggerating, it takes like 10-20 seconds really. Also, if you leave the browser running on the background, you'll end up logging a bit less often. The Nokia browser in latest new phones have a smart built-in zoom feature. While I do agree that mobile devices could be supported better, the devices are also getting better at showing larger content all the time.
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 12:22   #22
Dr_Zaius

Dr_Zaius has a spectacular aura aboutDr_Zaius has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost{}

Greetz,

Ghost{}
I can't remeber where it was now but I did read a website on which they had written software to crack ALL commenly used bot stoppers!

They were in the process of designing a 3D one that they ddin't think bots could crack, was VERY hard to read though :P Thats what they were trying to improve, so there is a reason for the PA one being so hard!

If you can't read ti (which often you can't), or don't know the answer, then refresh it and get a new one until you do!

Dr_Zaius - Planetarion Support Team Member
Dr_Zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 13:13   #23
Thex
Average Thex

Thex will become famous soon enoughThex will become famous soon enough

I use an HTC Typhoon (Orange C500) and it uses Windows Mobile 2003. I use the bog standard IE that comes with this and it's fine for viewing and playing PA. The bot stopper question can easily be enlaged to be able to view it properly. Many other Smartphones (ie phones with the Windows Mobile OS) should work also in a similar way as the OS on them is the same. Viewing the fields is no problem, but on a small phone (PDA's are probably easier) it's difficult to type sometimes - so login can take a couple of minutes.

I have also tested a Nokia 6680 (ie a Symbian OS) and used the built in browser (not Opera) and found that I can view the graphics elsewhere (ie not in the main window), so can easily zoom in and see the question. But it appears to have an issue with the cookies or something and subsequently won't login.

My alliance is [BIG]ger than yours

[ex LOST], [ex IF], [ex G-II]
Thex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 21:48   #24
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Not sure if this is for every phone - but Opera Mini (which runs on Java and therefore most phones) on my 6670 (S60) can display the images full size!
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 22:21   #25
Hude
self-entitledly superior

I just updated my Opera browser to version 8.60 (from 8.51) on my Nokia 6680 and the newer version seems to also have so called desktop mode that shows the pages in native resolution and allows to scroll the pages. In other words, you can view the images in full size. So, if you happen to have a phone with Opera preinstalled, you might want to update the browser for free.
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 22:47   #26
SOL

SOL is on a distinguished road

i just ordered a spvm600 and i hope the stupid loggin questions dont stop me logging in
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 08:41   #27
Aragno
xVx techie

Aragno will become famous soon enoughAragno will become famous soon enough

Got the Imate SP5. Other then javascripts not working and the login question is hard to read at times it works fine with pa
Aragno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2006, 09:26   #28
M0shy
WP <3

M0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hude
I just updated my Opera browser to version 8.60 (from 8.51) on my Nokia 6680 and the newer version seems to also have so called desktop mode that shows the pages in native resolution and allows to scroll the pages. In other words, you can view the images in full size. So, if you happen to have a phone with Opera preinstalled, you might want to update the browser for free.
just updated the opera browser on my N70, works fine. the image zoom is very similar to that of the default browser. a little annoying but cant complain.

as for log in on other phones, the image is shown large enough to view and answer without any zooming on my N91 and N93. so theyre a good bet :P
M0shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2006, 09:58   #29
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Nice fone. Btw havent we had this discussion before? But anyway yes PA only usally works on some fones with certain web browers. Only problem is for example the login questions are usally a problem as you cant read them. PA though has never said its WAP enabled (or GPRS).. so i guess if you can access it on your fone, then your lucky
Wrong. PA positively developed an early WAP login system back in r4/5 or about that time. It was very easy to do the basics on a simple menu system.

As far as web browsing phones are concerned, I use an Ericsson P900 which works fine, and has a zoom function for the login question, and the new M600 looks great too:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...=pp1&pid=10385
Unread 3 Jul 2006, 11:11   #30
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

N6280 works fine
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2006, 15:09   #31
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

P910i works fine with opera for symbian OS, just a shame the keyboard is so pants.

This will be my 4th round using it.

It also helps if you have an IRC midlet like Virca, since is great to know you have inc the tick you get it, but not so great if you can't tell anybody about it.

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 05:11   #32
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

Anyone know of CDMA phones that are able to access PA?

Currently looking at Nokia 6265 http://www.telusmobility.ca/on/pcs/h...ia_6265i.shtml and Samsung a950 http://www.telusmobility.ca/on/pcs/h...ung_a950.shtml
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 05:46   #33
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee-
Anyone know of CDMA phones that are able to access PA?

Currently looking at Nokia 6265 http://www.telusmobility.ca/on/pcs/h...ia_6265i.shtml and Samsung a950 http://www.telusmobility.ca/on/pcs/h...ung_a950.shtml
The Treo 700 seems to offer a pretty good browser. The last time I played with a Treo at Circuit City was with the 600 and the bot stopper was a problem because you could barely read it to answer the question. I would suggest visiting a local retailer and using their demo to see if will work ok.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 05:52   #34
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Well, its always a sugestion to make on the sugestion forums. Perhaps Appoc or another PA team would pick up on it. I think allowing PA to be able to play on fones would be a good idea.
It would be nice but the last time I suggested this Kal said the cost for a wap portal was too much for how many would actually use it and it would be too easy to be abused by java bots. It's only been about a year and half since then. So maybe more people have phones and it could not be justified.
Here is my suggestion:
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...&highlight=wap
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 06:04   #35
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

I have considered the Treo 600, and 650 (the ones available on my network so far) aswell as the Motorola Q. I would really like to go that route but data plans are so f'n expensive here in Canada still, that I would just get myself in trouble with a PDAphone.
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 06:05   #36
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough

WAP can load images so should be workable .. i dont think WAP portals are as expensive now adays either
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 10:11   #37
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

my phone doesnt but i have used 2 devices that do..

a nokia n70 ( had to find a login question i could read)
a blackberry ( not sure which version)
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2006, 09:58   #38
-Pathogen-

-Pathogen- is on a distinguished road

I have Opera 8.60 on my phone i can read the bot stopper question fine, but after entering the answer and logging in it takes me back to the login page and says 'Possible Cookie Error. Are you accessing the game using the correct URL?' i've checked the settings and it allows cookies, any 1 got any idea off what im doing wrong / how i can sort it out?
-Pathogen- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2006, 21:20   #39
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about

Bought a Nokia E61 for my taxrefund money. Got a browser buildt in, but need to use cgi-irc to connect to irc, which don't match the resolution on the screen very well. Nice to have it when i'm watching a movie, cause now i don't have to run up to my room every hour to check for incs.

Biggest problem is login questions, cause i can't refresh the login questions without ending back at the login page
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 15:36   #40
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Grrr I keep getting the possible cookie error the same as Pathogen.

Cant pa team fix the code on the login page? Its blatantly something there that is stopping the phones working.
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 16:08   #41
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

It would be nice if PA team would make a small addition to the login code. It would be nice if you could put your number into the preferences. As the MSISDN is passed in the headers it would be cool if the login could read the msisdn and just request the one password to allow logging in a wee bit easier.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 16:28   #42
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
It would be nice if PA team would make a small addition to the login code. It would be nice if you could put your number into the preferences. As the MSISDN is passed in the headers it would be cool if the login could read the msisdn and just request the one password to allow logging in a wee bit easier.
you mean to allow people to run bots on mobile phones?

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 16:55   #43
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
you mean to allow people to run bots on mobile phones?
How about you shove your sarcy answer up your arse?

It was a reasonable question that normally would have gotten a reasonable reply instead of the supercillous shite you just spouted. A simple "Unfortunately not as that would be far too easy to abuse".

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 20:40   #44
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

More effort should be put into making the game more accessible from mobile phones. Ideally a WAP interface for older phones as well as a more simple HTML interface for newer ones would be great.

There is far too much paranoia over bots. You could easily monitor and restrict anyone who abuses the game if they access the mobile interface too often. I'm a legitmate user who is unable to play the game whilst at work, I'd to use a WAP interface on my old phone so I can play the game during my breaks at work.

Your competitors offer it, why doesn't Planetarion offer it?
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 00:51   #45
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper
More effort should be put into making the game more accessible from mobile phones. Ideally a WAP interface for older phones as well as a more simple HTML interface for newer ones would be great.

There is far too much paranoia over bots. You could easily monitor and restrict anyone who abuses the game if they access the mobile interface too often. I'm a legitmate user who is unable to play the game whilst at work, I'd to use a WAP interface on my old phone so I can play the game during my breaks at work.

Your competitors offer it, why doesn't Planetarion offer it?
who exactly are you defining as our competitors?

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 01:46   #46
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
who exactly are you defining as our competitors?
Staarsphere, okay there probably isn't another with a mobile interface, but Planetarion should have one.

Last edited by GReaper; 8 Jul 2006 at 22:47.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 13:21   #47
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

I dont agree that the login procedure should be any easier - especially as people can use emulators and things to get around it.

I do feel like a mobile access area would be good though.

When the game is converted to php it would only be a matter of hours to use the code in a new html template for mobiles.

If its being coded smartly, it'll be using a templating system to separate html and php anyway.
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 00:39   #48
Wrestlemania
New sensation

Wrestlemania has a spectacular aura aboutWrestlemania has a spectacular aura aboutWrestlemania has a spectacular aura about

A very good choice would be to have text messages send to the cell phone in a way Hattrick does it.
So when a construcion is ready or a reaserch is ready or even more important, when your planet or galaxy is under attack.
You recieve a text message on your cell phone.

That's a start I think.

After there should be a record of witch cell phone number is related to the ruller of the plante. So it would be posible to send orders via text message on your cell phone.
Wrestlemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 03:35   #49
Devlin

Devlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura about

WAP or such has been discussed a long time ago (circa r5 iirc) and was shot down as it gave what was considered an unfair advantage to certain people. Those without phones, without WAP capable phones, or without a mobile internet plan on their contract were given the short end of the stick. While those _with_ said items could go on vacation, take a cruise, or even get a job that didn't have internet access available, all without losing an edge. I was ,and still am, against having WAP access to PA for the reasons mentioned above. If you go on vacation or generally have a life, dont play PA.
Devlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 03:39   #50
Devlin

Devlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura about

I believe this was already discussed long ago (circa r4/5 iirc) and was shot down because it gave a disadvantage to those without WAP enabled phones or without mobile internet packages. I was and still am against having WAP access to PA. If you aren't willing to go back to your hotel every hour while on vacation or log in from work and risk disciplinary action to set your res/cons and check for incs then don't play PA! This is a game meant to give those of us who have no life something to be good at for once!! lol
Devlin is offline   Reply With Quote