User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 20 Apr 2009, 14:56   #351
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold
Re: R31 rumour thread

Or....and heres a funny thought...just enjoy the game and let them get on with it?

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 15:04   #352
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
I've given up trying to fight them, every round the same alliances make the same mistakes anyway.

Here's some fun facts for you to play around with:
a) Asc has almost double the memberbase of any other alliance atm.
b) Due to their 3 in a row / 4 out of 5 they manage to recruit SHITLOADS of t100 players who just want to win...
c) No other alliance atm has the skill nor the willpower to go into a conflict with Asc & come out on top. Lets also not ignore the fact that it's semi impossible to block vs Asc with the current alliances, as soon as one gets a bit of a lead or falls behind alot they'll just leave the block.

Now take all of this into account and come up with a strategy that will help the non asc allies overcome...

Let me know the second you can come up with a plan that works (ps: forget about 50-75% of the current alliances helping out)
Heres my plan:

1: Natural born losers, stop posting in this thread, and making Asc look like god. Theyre not.

2: Ignore that BS about 50-75% of the alliances helping out. After last round, everyone realises that the biggest threat for #1 till tickstop is Asc. If HALF the allies attack Asc from tickstart til stop, they_are_f00ked. No if's, but's, or maybe's about it.

3: Go watch karate kid.

4: It is impossible for the mongo HC's of last round to hand Asc another win. Go out, before they get big, and smash the f*ck out of them. Do not stop. At all. Grind them into the dirt.

5: Get a little bit of belief in yourself for gods sake man.

Edit: Oh yeah. To address your points:

a) There are 5+ times the number of people outside of Asc, than inside Asc
b) There are more t100 players outside of Asc, than inside Asc.
c) Wrong.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?

Last edited by [JungleMuffin]; 20 Apr 2009 at 15:10.
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 15:11   #353
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
An Asc free round isnt the only solution, They just need to alter there recruitment policy to no-props once they reach the limit. For example this round, those extra 40+ planets which are in Asc.. would of filtered into other alliances, making for a more even round (even though Asc would still be favourites, it wouldnt be so slanted in there favour that theres no point playing).
I hate this attitude. Why should we tell people who want to play with us that they can't play with us? Which of those people should we tell to go look for another alliance because we're full?
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 15:12   #354
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I hate this attitude. Why should we tell people who want to play with us that they can't play with us? Which of those people should we tell to go look for another alliance because we're full?
Ultimate deathmatch to decide?

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 15:18   #355
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatcher View Post

while it would be an interesting experiment, those players able to recall when legion and fury dominated the universe will also remember those allies would kick their own members so they could attack them. If asc gets in a commanding position, any member not in the top 60 should watch their back!
rofl. :d

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 15:20   #356
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
why are you still trying to poach members from other alliances when youre already greatly over the alliance limit?

its not like youre only taking in people who WANT to play for you because of your awesome and unique setup....
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 15:21   #357
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
while it would be an interesting experiment, those players able to recall when legion and fury dominated the universe will also remember those allies would kick their own members so they could attack them. If Asc gets in a commanding position, any member not in the top 60 should watch their back!
We'd probably go for the reverse and kick the top members and farm them to be honest.
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 15:23   #358
[JungleMuffin]

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
its not like youre only taking in people who WANT to play for you because of your awesome and unique setup....
Damn munin and his cookies....
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 15:27   #359
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
why are you still trying to poach members from other alliances when youre already greatly over the alliance limit?

I'm not doing anything. I think I invited 4 people this round, reese, eksero, hyperionhk and tearz. As in all cases where I invite people I felt that a) they had something to offer Ascendancy and b) Ascendancy had something. Our system is working the same as it always has really (although there was a change in the process last round to give everyone more of a direct say in recruitment) If you feel like lodging a complaint with whoever's running Ascendancy and actively in charge of poaching members feel free. I'm not too sure myself who it is though. I think isildurx and anne wanted to be involved politically this round but I don't think that's really their area. I'm not doing anything bar running my own planet this round and golan's not even doing that as far as I know. Jester runs munin but I doubt he gives a shit, nor does he actually speak to people outside of ascendancy much. Jerome and cardi are our alliance reps but jer doesn't play and cardi is playing in another tag. I guess you could ask toot, we did name the tag after him this round after all.
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 15:33   #360
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DW]Entropy View Post
Ultimate deathmatch to decide?
This sounds fantastic!
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 15:36   #361
Fuzzy

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

i have no desire to lodge a complaint, im just merely pointing out that the argument you presented (which appears often) of:

"Why should we tell people who want to play with us that they can't play with us?"

doesnt necessarily tell the full story. i just dont think its right to use that as a defense for ascendancy recruiting well over the limit when youre (ascendancy) actively seeking members despite already being well over the limit.

PS. hi BENNEH o/

Unread 20 Apr 2009, 15:37   #362
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

HI FUZZY!

ps as far as i know we arnt actively going out to get members heh. Most of our recent props have actually been to kick people.

/emo

Unread 20 Apr 2009, 15:41   #363
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
Heres my plan:

1: Natural born losers, stop posting in this thread, and making Asc look like god. Theyre not.
As long as the law allows the jehova's witness wankers to show up on my doorstep, i'll keep on postin tyvm!

Quote:
2: Ignore that BS about 50-75% of the alliances helping out. After last round, everyone realises that the biggest threat for #1 till tickstop is Asc. If HALF the allies attack Asc from tickstart til stop, they_are_f00ked. No if's, but's, or maybe's about it.
I thought the same thing last round, and the round before that...
When the going gets tough, people back off from Asc.

Quote:
3: Go watch karate kid.
WITH PLEASURE!

Quote:
4: It is impossible for the mongo HC's of last round to hand Asc another win. Go out, before they get big, and smash the f*ck out of them. Do not stop. At all. Grind them into the dirt.
See answer to point 2, they've been doing great the last 3 rounds in a row, why change a working formulae?

Quote:
5: Get a little bit of belief in yourself for gods sake man.
I believe in myself, just not in others who have repeatedly shown they don't have what it takes to beat asc

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 15:42   #364
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That attitude is so much better than recruiting 2x more than every other alliance, resulting in the situation the round is in now.

No-one wants to fight Asc anymore, so the vast majority of decent players either want to join Asc or go into a lower alliance (or BG) to avoid the pointless war ND/CT/Fang will have to fight (even though the result is already known).

Congratultions on winning before tick-start, hope the round is enjoyable for you without a challange.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 15:44   #365
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Fuzzy, I fail to see how a lack of dictatorial control over recruiting amounts to active poaching. If people want to invite their friends they are allowed to, it would be incredibly unfair (and retarded) to extend this ability on a first come, first served basis.

Light, sweetheart, if no-one wants to fight us we can't make them. What's done is done, do you really think it's reasonable for us to now kick down to 70 or so members just because everyone else is, according to the popular wisdom here, unable to compete? I mean, you do understand that isn't *our* fault, right?
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 15:48   #366
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

I think most people are concerned about the fact that theres only one alliance getting it right, therefore making it non competitive.
Maybe if Asc recruited to say...50? had a crap HC team. Disbanded midway through the round and had fighting in the ranks? that should even things up at the top.

Unread 20 Apr 2009, 15:52   #367
Fuzzy

how many times does the word dictate/dictator/dictatorial get used in #ascendancy each day?

basically what im taking from that comment is that because ascendancy is 'free' and people can recruit whoever the hell they want no one cares if as a result the alliance grows exponentially at the expense of other alliances and ultimately, the game itself.

Unread 20 Apr 2009, 15:54   #368
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Light, sweetheart, if no-one wants to fight us we can't make them. What's done is done, do you really think it's reasonable for us to now kick down to 70 or so members just because everyone else is, according to the popular wisdom here, unable to compete? I mean, you do understand that isn't *our* fault, right?
I know whats done is done; I'd also go as far as to say it isnt primarily your fault. However, know the community has given up even trying.. It lies at Asc to fix the problem.

Its also pretty pointless to even have this conversation at the moment, as nothing will change this round. Asc wont change anything and will win by alot, can only hope that Asc tries to fix the problem for next round.. unless you dont want any competition, then go ahead.. carry on as you are and we'll see how long the community lasts.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 16:18   #369
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
... unless you dont want any competition, then go ahead
As much as I enjoyed* waking up at shit o'clock to defend incs, I'd say I'm pretty much pro the idea of sleeping more.

(*I didn't - The only redeeming factor is waking up Cardi to send def a few ticks before he needs to and watching him go emo.)
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 16:23   #370
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

If this round is the landslide you predict I think a lot of people in Ascendancy will be looking for a change. If I am being 100% honest I myself was in favour of something a little smaller for the upcoming round but that wasn't the feeling of the majority and so we march onwards. The real issue is that the people at the core of Ascendancy want to play together more than they want to play at all.

Bearing that in mind, if I had neither my BP nor my Alliance (and the two are very deeply interwoven) then I would cease to play entirely as my sense of achievement is rooted so much more firmly in our collective success than in my own. The fact that I know this to be true for ~50 other people I play with (including non playing community members) suggests that losing Ascendancy would most likely mean losing them too. So the question then becomes, is your community more important than ours? If so, why and how much must our community sacrifice so that you guys can be happy? I'm honestly not feeling the fairness here.
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 16:34   #371
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
If this round is the landslide you predict I think a lot of people in Ascendancy will be looking for a change. If I am being 100% honest I myself was in favour of something a little smaller for the upcoming round but that wasn't the feeling of the majority and so we march onwards. The real issue is that the people at the core of Ascendancy want to play together more than they want to play at all.

Bearing that in mind, if I had neither my BP nor my Alliance (and the two are very deeply interwoven) then I would cease to play entirely as my sense of achievement is rooted so much more firmly in our collective success than in my own. The fact that I know this to be true for ~50 other people I play with (including non playing community members) suggests that losing Ascendancy would most likely mean losing them too. So the question then becomes, is your community more important than ours? If so, why and how much must our community sacrifice so that you guys can be happy? I'm honestly not feeling the fairness here.
The difference is, your 150+ community is killing the competition in the game. No-one said Asc has to disband, just that the current situation cannot continue.
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 16:35   #372
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

I've already explained we don't have 150 members or anything close to it. Are you saying that we should only play with our 50 oldest members and never let anyone else join ever? I don't think that's fair either and to be honest this line of argument whereby everyone else sucks so you must too isn't doing it for me.
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 16:38   #373
Fuzzy

Quote:
The real issue is that the people at the core of Ascendancy want to play together more than they want to play at all.
but why the need to recruit vastly beyond that core?

i understand your moral and democratic reasons (which i find a bit excessive given that this is just a game) about people all having the right to invite their friends, but this is a wargame. we cant all invite all our friends to play with us or else we'll all be in one alliance and it will be a roid initiation race.

Unread 20 Apr 2009, 16:41   #374
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy

i understand your moral and democratic reasons (which i find a bit excessive given that this is just a game) about people all having the right to invite their friends, but this is a wargame. we cant all invite all our friends to play with us or else we'll all be in one alliance and it will be a roid initiation race.
Firstly, see above. What's a fair number?

Secondly as most of the invites came from new members inviting their friends and given how much I value playing with mine I'd need to be a serious asshole to deny them the same opportunity.

No system of one rule for us, one rule for everyone else is ever going to work.

edit: I seriously advise you not to get too close to Jester once he notices that you called his system democratic!
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 16:52   #375
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
o i dont know.. Maybe the alliance limit.

Quote:
Secondly as most of the invites came from new members inviting their friends and given how much I value playing with mine I'd need to be a serious asshole to deny them the same opportunity.
The difference is, the new players came to Asc to play with friends right? so the majority (if not all) of there friends should be in Asc already? if thats not the case and they wanted to play with friends, shouldnt they of joined the same ally as there friends?
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 16:53   #376
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
i personally see the tag limit as a fair number....recruiting nearly double over that is a bit much

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 16:58   #377
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How about the ingame tag limit? Every alliance has the same amount of places to fill in that tag so seems to be pretty fair right?

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 16:58   #378
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
i personally see the tag limit as a fair number....recruiting nearly double over that is a bit much
It's hardly Ascendancy's fault when people don't want to play with other alliances. So why should we reject them?
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 17:02   #379
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

I seriously doubt we'll be all that much bigger than the limit when the round starts, as I've said before. Could you people please explain to me whether you think I am a liar or just stupid as that would help me to help you guys understand. None of the people making up these crazy numbers (like 150+) are actually in Ascendancy (current population: 73). In reality there isn't even anyone in Asc that could tell you how many players we'll have next round because no-one is sure who is and who is not playing. My figure of 90 - 110 is an educated guess and includes our late signups which I'm estimating will be in the region of 10-16 people. It also includes a number of "planets" run by inactive members.

And no, people shouldn't have to join shitty alliances to play with their friends just because Ascendancy is, according to some people not even in Ascendancy, "too good." Instead why don't you look at why people don't want to play in these alliances and perhaps dig a bit deeper than them wanting to win a round. Given how widely discussed that issue is I won't comment on it further other than to say I seriously think people need to pay a lot more attention to what is happening in their own houses and much less to what is happening in ours.
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 17:06   #380
Fuzzy

Quote:
as said - something around the alliance limit would be nice.

if i might ask, how many members have asc

a/ got playing this round who played last
b/ lost this round who played in last round
c/ recruited new for this coming round

Quote:

No system of one rule for us, one rule for everyone else is ever going to work.
but really...just how true is the friend explanation? why hasnt asc had this huge influx of recruits previously? just seems odd timing with you having won the 3rd round in a row and with no REAL competitive ally seeming to exist next round and all that....

i know Kila was trying to prop Light into joining asc. is that cause shes his friend?

reese was asked to join asc even though afaik she was refused to join asc last round

its hard for me to strengthen my position on this as i dont really know who joined asc and who sponsored them but meh, i think you know what i mean.

Quote:
edit: I seriously advise you not to get too close to Jester once he notices that you called his system democratic!
i meant it loosely as in the freedom for all and equal rights etc

Unread 20 Apr 2009, 17:07   #381
Fuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
It's hardly Ascendancy's fault when people don't want to play with other alliances. So why should we reject them?
so there are people left to create alliances that people might want to join?

Unread 20 Apr 2009, 17:08   #382
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

Quote:
The difference is, your 150+ community is killing the competition in the game. No-one said Asc has to disband, just that the current situation cannot continue.
Isn't it creating competition. You're only complaining because it's hard to beat competition.

Having a dominate alliance is cool, you can't say the wars last round weren't awesome. People complain about the blockwars and such but it would be no different IRL. It's called politics, propaganda and power play.

Ascendancy just rule the roost at the moment, eventually an alliance will succeed in beating them. There's going to be a number of failures along the way, Omen was just one of them
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 17:10   #383
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
reese was asked to join asc even though afaik she was refused to join asc last round
Personally I find it a bit funny that Reese (who has been flamed to death in recent rounds by Asc members on this forum) is in Asc now.

No worries Reese, I still <3 u even if you joined the dark side

Unread 20 Apr 2009, 17:12   #384
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyi View Post
Isn't it creating competition. You're only complaining because it's hard to beat competition.

Having a dominate alliance is cool, you can't say the wars last round weren't awesome. People complain about the blockwars and such but it would be no different IRL. It's called politics, propaganda and power play.
Last round people tried to kill Asc, who exactly is fighting Asc this round?
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 17:13   #385
Fuzzy

im sure she was just joining to play with her asc friends who like her so much they voted against letting her join last round

im also sure they invited her and propped her in this time cause they really like her!

Unread 20 Apr 2009, 17:14   #386
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

Having said what I said, I do want to note that I don't think Asc should be recruiting every decent player under the sun.

I think if they stick to their core and other recruits to fill in the gaps then that is perfectly fine, having around 100 members isn't a big deal in my opinion.

@Light -> I doubt NewDawn have given up the fight, and there are quite a few BGs playing which could easily hit Ascendancy galaxies/planets hard. Probably not in a war effort but they can do small scale damage throughout the round to allow ND to take a lead. And, you never know - CT might grow some balls and finally go to war.
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 17:18   #387
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
i know Kila was trying to prop Light into joining asc. is that cause shes his friend?
That's because I thought having Light in Ascendancy would by funny in a strange way. Seeing Ascendancy from the inside would also have helped her to gain some perspective as there seemed to be quite a lot of anti-asc sentiment in her posts near the start of last round.
How good a person is at PA doesn't really matter to me too much, as long as they have some common sense they can be helped along - I asked if she wanted to join because she seemed like the type of person who would do well in Ascendancy (as would you, and I'm pretty sure I asked if you wanted to join too)

Quote:
She was propped during the round but didn't get in, something to do with the fact that everyone wanted to kill 7:3 eventually I suspect, and ended up joining after the round finished.

edit: it's possible for people to change their views on people over the period of the round. I know I voted against her the first time because the only time I'd spoken to her before she annoyed me, but I voted yes the second time after actually speaking to her.
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 17:23   #388
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
so there are people left to create alliances that people might want to join?
Last time I checked there were still 1k+ planets or so not in Asc. So there should be quite some potential left for building up an opposition.

Quote:
Last round people tried to kill Asc, who exactly is fighting Asc this round?
Eventually we will all be bored enough by the game in its current form and turn inactive. Alternately the game might get interesting enough again to have a lot of potential opposition playing again. Last but not least, there are always the Multihunters which seem to try to hunt us down for every little witty fleet / planet name.
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 17:24   #389
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

My very last post on this issue and I've wasted my entire day chasing you guys around in circles and half of you either don't read what I write or willfully ignore it because we're the big bad monster and not to be believed.

Anyway, I invited Reese last round when she was kicked from Rock. The prop was extremely close and only failed because she was honest about her round objectives and previous commitments to her galaxy which presented a problem for us given her galaxy was hugely hostile. The whole thing was dealt with in a pretty adult fashion and it was always my intention to invite her for this round except JBG beat me to the punch.

I'm honestly not sure why you guys are focusing on this. It's almost like you're saying you once you different agenda to people you know on the internet you can never work with them again but I'm sure that can't be it because, let's be honest, that would be pretty retarded.
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 17:27   #390
Benneh
Non directed and witty

[17:17] -Munin- The prop failed by a vote of 2677 to 2328.

is the reese invite mid round fyi, it was pretty highly voted heh

Also edit, afaik We invited fuzzy to asc after round 29 he declined although i know he misses us
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 17:28   #391
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
That's because I thought having Light in Ascendancy would by funny in a strange way. Seeing Ascendancy from the inside would also have helped her to gain some perspective as there seemed to be quite a lot of anti-asc sentiment in her posts near the start of last round.
How good a person is at PA doesn't really matter to me too much, as long as they have some common sense they can be helped along - I asked if she wanted to join because she seemed like the type of person who would do well in Ascendancy (as would you, and I'm pretty sure I asked if you wanted to join too)
Ive said this to you before, although most of my posts are anti-asc.. I dont hate Asc nor do i need any perspective. I also like the way Asc is setup (except i will argue it still has HC's/DC's/BC's ) and as far as last round went, i stated multiple times i'd prefer Asc to win (if omen couldnt) due to them deserving it.

As far it is now, i dont dislike Asc nor have ill-feelings towards Asc.. Its just that with the game in its current state, something has to change. There is simply no competition for Asc at the moment.

Quote:
She was propped during the round but didn't get in, something to do with the fact that everyone wanted to kill 7:3 eventually I suspect, and ended up joining after the round finished.
but you let emp in?

Quote:
My very last post on this issue and I've wasted my entire day chasing you guys around in circles and half of you either don't read what I write or willfully ignore it because we're the big bad monster and not to be believed.
As i said before, there's no real point in discussing it now. Asc have won the upcoming round and by a huge margin, the community has no desire to fight Asc this round. The discussion will just come up again after Asc has won and we see what the state of the game is like, weither anyone in the next round will be willing to fight Asc and if there isnt.. then gg.
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 17:29   #392
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Wow, way to change your opinion once kila offers you a place in Asc Light.
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 17:32   #393
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyi View Post
Wow, way to change your opinion once kila offers you a place in Asc Light.
I refused his place, I just like to clear up that i dont hate Asc even though it seems most the time im disagreeing with Asc members. Last round, the only real person/alliance i disliked was Elviz.. as i didnt think someone who pnaps should be allowed to win (and i certainly didnt hide that opinion). Infact, here's the logs of Kila offering me the prop:
http://pastebin.com/m65044d7a

Im quiet open in my feelings towards Asc

The point of my posts in this thread, is that if nothing in the community changes.. then Asc will need to change to spark competition again.

Last edited by Light; 20 Apr 2009 at 17:58.
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 17:41   #394
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
i have no desire to lodge a complaint, im just merely pointing out that the argument you presented (which appears often) of:

"Why should we tell people who want to play with us that they can't play with us?"

doesnt necessarily tell the full story. i just dont think its right to use that as a defense for ascendancy recruiting well over the limit when youre (ascendancy) actively seeking members despite already being well over the limit.
Going over the limit is impossible, so let me assure you right now that we won't

Quote:
I know whats done is done; I'd also go as far as to say it isnt primarily your fault. However, know the community has given up even trying.. It lies at Asc to fix the problem.
I don't think we can fix this, I give up. Your turn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
Personally I find it a bit funny that Reese (who has been flamed to death in recent rounds by Asc members on this forum) is in Asc now.

No worries Reese, I still <3 u even if you joined the dark side
It is my firm belief everyone should be allowed to feel bliss at some point in their lives. Reese's time has come. Your application may have gotten lost in the mail.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 17:41   #395
Fuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benneh View Post
Also edit, afaik We invited fuzzy to asc after round 29 he declined although i know he misses us
the lack of an invite made me die a little inside actually

Unread 20 Apr 2009, 17:46   #396
[JungleMuffin]

Hey can i join asc gaiys?
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 17:48   #397
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hey can i join asc gaiys?
no
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 17:48   #398
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:

We don't need to, we just don't have anyone mandating that we don't. It's an odd situation (in my opinion). No one wants to be the asshole that says '**** you all, we're going to follow PAteam's arbitrary memberlimit.'

Personally, I think PAteam's memberlimit hurts other alliances that follow it more than our recruiting practices do, so I wonder why people aren't hounding PAteam (presumably because they stupidly assume we'll win by an even more dominating margin).

The current situation isn't a linear, we can't really extrapolate from the last 3 rounds that the only uncertain alliance ranks are #2 and below.

For the first thing, everyone seems to think it'd be terrible if we won again (myself included, I'd probably end up being that asshole I mentioned above if we did). Secondly, a lot of stuff (some of it unprecedented, which is awesome) is happening outside our private channel that will affect the round. Thirdly, I've got an inkling that about 20-30 of our members that plan on playing actively next round think it's going to be some kind of easy-mode. A couple of these people emoquitting can have pretty bad consequences.

While I'm falling into the standard pattern of playing down Ascendancy's chances to win next round, I do still think we have a very good shot at it. I still want us to win, and I hope the right people will step up to help us to that victory. But a lot of things are still up in the air, and the pieces aren't exactly going to fall before ticks start. Excepting the FAnG piece, I guess...
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 17:59   #399
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Going over the limit is impossible, so let me assure you right now that we won't
Not ingame but you'll have another 50-70 ppl out of tag playing for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
It is my firm belief everyone should be allowed to feel bliss at some point in their lives. Reese's time has come. Your application may have gotten lost in the mail.
For once I am gratefull for the lousy service postal services give!

Unread 20 Apr 2009, 18:45   #400
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about

I just had a thought

Why don't we change the alliance limit to 1000 and we all join ascendancy so we can all win.
And then we can all slap eachother on the back and say how really great it is to win and what a great system ASC use, really flexible and great place to hang out.
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote