User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 13 Jan 2006, 16:32   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Seriously, Greenpeace, what the ****?

Worst. Advert. Ever.

I mean Jesus christ, have they got so desperate for publicity that this is the sort of scaremongering they have to resort to? I can think of another organisation which uses such tactics to scare the public into supporting it's plans: Labour. Hello ID card bill, the most pointless and invasive system ever proposed. And all in the name of fighting terrorism

Come on guys.
Stop trying to sensationalise a 50 year old argument by wrapping it up in terrorism faggotary. We all know nuclear has risks, but just for once you may have to concede it's the best option at the moment.
It's not like other energy sources aren't being persued. The first one which comes to mind is ITER, which on the scale of international co-operation towards clean energy is pretty ****ing huge*.

Stop your hippy bitching, grow up, and go home.

*even if it does have a truely shit website
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 16:37   #2
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Seriously, Greenpeace, what the ****?

That is truly, unadulterated shite!

Who's running greenpeace now anyway? They've become worse than those Mothers Against XXXXXX groups.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 17:00   #3
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Mothers Against Canada!

ps. that made me want to laugh more than anything else, especially when the dramaic message came up at the end.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 17:05   #4
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

That is just silly.
Boogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 17:30   #5
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

errr

nuclear powerplants are designed to be able to absorb the shock of a planecrash. (i know for a fact they are here, so i'm assuming they are everywhere, especially powerplants to be build in the future).
but then again the twin towers were designed for it aswell. :/
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 17:46   #6
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Yes greenpeace lets all go back to living in caves with no electricity, gas, clothes, industry, not eating anything that comes from an animal(no offence to veggies), ...
The world would be alot better place. With all of humanity running around naked trying to find a cave that isn't allready populated by an endangered species. Those are more important than humans anyway right?
RIGHT?

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 17:54   #7
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

If the camera work wasn't so shite I would have thought that was an excellent viral.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 18:19   #8
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
(i know for a fact they are here, so i'm assuming they are everywhere, especially powerplants to be build in the future).
but then again the twin towers were designed for it aswell. :/
They are here too (it says so in the Sellafield visitor's centre) - though i read the French have/had surface-to-air missile placements at their sites since 11th September, 2001.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 18:49   #9
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future

Surely Nuclear Rods for powerstations are not likely to be enriched enough to produce the same effect as a bomb? If anything we'd have a critical meltdown like Chernobyl, and clearly Chernobyl's power station was not quite as protected against the odds as ours. True it may effect a number of people in and around the area but I would suspect its effect would have little impact of fear generation for the uk seeing as we keep our stations a fair way away from the most clustered communities.

Dear oh Dear :/
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 18:53   #10
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Well.. What can I say... cept for that I wont be renewing my Greenpeace membership..

Did the dog get hurt? I sure hope he survived.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 18:57   #11
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
i'm pretty sure it's only cockroaches and rich people who can survive such accidents

Unread 13 Jan 2006, 19:02   #12
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CjC
If anything we'd have a critical meltdown like Chernobyl, and clearly Chernobyl's power station was not quite as protected against the odds as ours.
Chernobyl melted down caus the night operators (unexperienced ones) ran a shedualed test that went completly wrong. If the test had been run by the daytime operators it's likely that the disaster would have never happened. To this day Chernobyl is the only nuclear plant that melted down (correct me if i'm wrong) so i think nuclear power is one of the safest ways to produce energy. Certainly alot safer then certain activists say.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 19:03   #13
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
i'm pretty sure it's only cockroaches and rich people who can survive such accidents
I'M RICH BIAAAAAATCH

Unread 13 Jan 2006, 19:06   #14
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I hate hippies! I mean, the way they always talk about "protectin' the earth" and then drive around in cars that get poor gas mileage and wear those stupid bracelets - I hate 'em! I wanna kick 'em in the nuts!

AY, CUT THE CRAP GODDAMN HIPPIES
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 19:11   #15
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

cartman vs hippies
One of the best south park epi's ever

Unread 13 Jan 2006, 19:14   #16
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

The process of making energy via nuclear power is more dangerous, relative to other processes. There's also the trouble of the waste it produces, which other solutions don't have.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 19:40   #17
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society

The work I'm doing has significant applications in solar cells and may help us to manufacture them cheaply enough to be a useful energy source.

What will YOU do to help save the planet?
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 19:42   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer
The work I'm doing has significant applications in solar cells and may help us to manufacture them cheaply enough to be a useful energy source.

Pay your wages lololololol.

Seriously though I'm trying to drink all the alcohol in the world so scientists can't get drunk and waste time away from valuable research to make the world a better place.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 19:50   #19
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood

Seriously though I'm trying to drink all the alcohol in the world so scientists can't get drunk and waste time away from valuable research to make the world a better place.

You sir, are a national hero.

May I join your noble quest?
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 19:50   #20
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:

They already are?

Quote:
Pay your wages lololololol.

And I'm his manager.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 19:52   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
You sir, are a national hero.

May I join your noble quest?
We haven't suceeded just yet so I guess there's room for one more.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 19:57   #22
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
We haven't suceeded just yet so I guess there's room for one more.
I think I speak for everyone when I say, everyone in english universities offer their services.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 19:59   #23
JonnyBGood
Banned

Your valuable assistance is much appreciated gentlemen. The more the ****ing merrier.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 20:01   #24
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Only GD could take a thread about Greenpeace showing a plane crashing into a nuclear reactor, and turn it into one about drinking.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 20:03   #25
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
Only GD could take a thread about Greenpeace showing a plane crashing into a nuclear reactor, and turn it into one about drinking.
That and an AA meeting.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 20:32   #26
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Your valuable assistance is much appreciated gentlemen. The more the ****ing merrier.
Count me in. Tonight I'm playing Snakes & Ladders, with a shot of Sambuca as reward for going down a snake
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 20:39   #27
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Good for you.
However, someone of your intellect should refrain from trying to troll. The question is meaningless in relation to the subject. I think we all agree that war is also a problem that should be fixed. What will YOU do to help save those lives lost to it?

Lack of involvement does not preclude the ability to criticise, especially when such sensationalist PR is used in an attempt to restart an argument which is already lost. By all means talk about the credible risks (waste disposal, radiation leaks, meltdown) but not terrorism. The chance of a terrorist attack against a nuclear installation looks infinitesimal in comparison to the previously stated risks.

I don't object to anti-nuclear campaigns, although I don't agree with them*.
I object to crude attempts to scare the public based on shock value alone, with no due consideration of the real problems surrounding the issue.

From Greenpeace's own PDF on the issue:

Quote:
The terrorist attacks of 9/11 alerted the world to the potential of nuclear terrorism - making it "far more likely", according to the UN’s International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), that terrorists could target nuclear facilities, nuclear material and radioactive sources worldwide.
It did? Maybe I missed the bit where the twin towers were hit with a nuclear device then. If anything, 9/11 served to show us that inflicting maximum casualties was not a prime consideration. Not only could the attack have been timed for later in the working day, it could not have been easier to target a reactor had that been the aim. Flight #11 flew directly over the Indian Point reactor before slamming into the north tower minutes later.

Greenpeace do great things sometimes, but on this occasion they've lost any credibility by resorting to such juvenile tactics.

* To clarify my own position:
- Weapons are bad mmkay
- Power is ok, for use as a stopgap on the way to better things. I do not want to see a permenant reliance on fission.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 20:41   #28
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
What happens when you combine the two? (Football Agents / PR Company Directors). ?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 20:43   #29
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
What happens when you combine the two? (Football Agents / PR Company Directors). ?
This!
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 20:44   #30
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
To this day Chernobyl is the only nuclear plant that melted down (correct me if i'm wrong)
I think youre right, since I dont have enough data on Three Mile Island to say it melted down as such, merely that there was a "Severe Incident".

Anyone else confirm more details?
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 20:45   #31
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
LollyRoffleTomatoCopter!
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 20:47   #32
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
<3 ing the BBC captions yet again
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 01:42   #33
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

At the end the message should have been:

LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT!

Last edited by dda; 14 Jan 2006 at 01:43. Reason: oops
dda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 01:44   #34
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh God you're all fannies. Noone giggled manically while watching that? Noone thought it was the next Two Ronnies?

A ****ing PLANE man. A PLANE hit a ****ing REACTOR and we can only infer that it blew the shit out of a CHILD.

What the **** is not to like? Jesus.
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 01:48   #35
JonnyBGood
Banned

The world needs 56 more pabs. Not 57 though, that'd be too much.
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 02:25   #36
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
The world needs 56 more pabs. Not 57 though, that'd be too much.
not enough clowns ?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 17:39   #37
eJohn
Tiny Dancer

eJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to behold

Sensationalism is all people will react to. Its a shame, but we're a shit race, so what can you do
[16:09] <eJohn> im still standing
eJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 18:12   #38
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

here is a plan:
- elect the hippies into your government
- stop using nuclear poer
- use wind energy instead (to do that spend lots of money on subsidies)
- then import nuclear power from countries in eastern europe to subsidies your overly expensive wind- and solar power
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 19:44   #39
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I laughed so hard at that I almost fell out of my chair.

Hooray for terrorism.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 19:52   #40
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CjC
Surely Nuclear Rods for powerstations are not likely to be enriched enough to produce the same effect as a bomb? If anything we'd have a critical meltdown like Chernobyl, and clearly Chernobyl's power station was not quite as protected against the odds as ours. True it may effect a number of people in and around the area but I would suspect its effect would have little impact of fear generation for the uk seeing as we keep our stations a fair way away from the most clustered communities.

Ther TFR's (Temporary Flight Restrictions) here in America require us to avoid circling powerplants, oil fields, dams, bridges, football games or other densly populated places, and special events. Oh, and Crawford Texas too. (And we are relentlessly reminded everytime we call a flight briefer.)

The Area above Crawford Texas is whited out on VFR Sectional Charts, and we are required to go an extremely long way out of our way to avoid this area. It's quite irritating really, adds an hour to almost all flights that occur in the area. We also have to be familiar with intercept proceedures, for when they threaten to shoot us down.

It's a sad day when the government can tell you where and where not to fly, in an otherwise unrestricted industry such as aviation.

It's Nazi Germany all over again, folks.

Hooray for white supremecists with toothbrush facial hair.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 20:09   #41
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CjC
Surely Nuclear Rods for powerstations are not likely to be enriched enough to produce the same effect as a bomb?
Not even close. In fact, it wouldn't matter anyway as the only thing that's really vulnerable is the low-level waste storage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
Chernobyl melted down caus the night operators (unexperienced ones) ran a shedualed test that went completly wrong. If the test had been run by the daytime operators it's likely that the disaster would have never happened.
That's not really true - none of the top people had any experience in the nuclear sector (indeed, the chief engineer had come from conventional, rather than nuclear, power plants), and the "scheduled test" was something that had been shipped around every power plant in Russia until these guys agreed to it.

The basic idea was to see how well the power station would function without outside power, relying on the backup diesel engines.

They physically locked out most of the emergency controls for the reaction.

The reactor, and the building it was in, was also hideously designed.

The accident was made worse by the ability of the people in charge to deny that there actually was anything wrong.

You could go on and on about Chernobyl - it's such a comedy of errors that says much more about the state of the USSR than nuclear power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
I think youre right, since I dont have enough data on Three Mile Island to say it melted down as such, merely that there was a "Severe Incident".

Anyone else confirm more details?
The Three Mile Island incident was a meltdown, just not as severe as Chernobyl. Not as complete, either.

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 18 Jan 2006 at 17:15.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 17:04   #42
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CjC

first of all, the aim of smashing a plane into a nuclear plant is not to make it explode like a bomb (as you say, you can't get the critical mass because it isn't enriched enough) but to just blow up the plant itself and disseminate radioactive waste into the atmosphere. In many ways this is far more destructive in the long term than a nuclear bomb is (apart from the really massive ones like the tsar bomba).

Secondly, only the russian designed power stations and some older plants were capable of meltdown because of their design. modern power stations simply cannot have a meltdown because of the way the feedback mechanisms work and the general design.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 17:17   #43
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don;t know what the big deal is anyway.

There's an onshore wind, so those people having fun on the beach could continue to have their fun, safe in the knowledge that any radiation would be carried away from them, inshore and kill the rest of the population, so that the beachlovers could move in after the radiation affects have died down and take over the world.

Seems to me Greenpeace have made an advert showing what a great place to be the beach is in times of terrorist attacks on nuclear power stations.

Maybe they were sponsored by Blackpool or Brighton tourist agencies to make it? OMG CONSPIRACY ALERT!!

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 17:24   #44
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future

i honestly couldn't believe that advert, and being American I feel sickened by it. Honestly, how many times has a plane been used in a terrorist attack?
They need their heads looking at or something -- Not cool imo

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 17:33   #45
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Blue Moon-
i honestly couldn't believe that advert, and being American I feel sickened by it. Honestly, how many times has a plane been used in a terrorist attack?
They need their heads looking at or something -- Not cool imo
Yeah, like who would be stupid enough to use a plane? Like, c'mon, lets be realistic here, pfffffffffffffffffffffft.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 17:54   #46
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
Yeah, like who would be stupid enough to use a plane? Like, c'mon, lets be realistic here, pfffffffffffffffffffffft.
Right now? Noone. Today there was a plane between Berlin and Amsterdam that lost radio contact. We send two aircrafts to intercept, just in case, and so did the Dutch. (I heard that on the radio news, didnt see anything online) What do you want to attack with a plane under conditions like that? No, if there is another terrorist attack, they'll come up with something more creative.
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 17:56   #47
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
first of all, the aim of smashing a plane into a nuclear plant is not to make it explode like a bomb (as you say, you can't get the critical mass because it isn't enriched enough) but to just blow up the plant itself and disseminate radioactive waste into the atmosphere. In many ways this is far more destructive in the long term than a nuclear bomb is (apart from the really massive ones like the tsar bomba).

Secondly, only the russian designed power stations and some older plants were capable of meltdown because of their design. modern power stations simply cannot have a meltdown because of the way the feedback mechanisms work and the general design.
The only problem i see with nuclear power is where to put the waste.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 15:01   #48
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

Just out of interest, is there a greenpeace campaign against skyscrapers?
They have a relatively greater history of causing death by having planes flown into them.