User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 29 Dec 2005, 04:22   #1
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
2006 GD Fitness Challenge

A lot of people who posted their New Years resolutions mentioned that they want to gain/lose weight over the next year, so I thought it would be fun to make a thread where we all commit to our fitness programmes together in a heartwarming show of internet unity and brotherhood.

So yeah anyway, post where you are currently are fitness-wise, and what your goals are over the next year. Then you can make regular updates here and tell everyone about the progress youre hopefully enjoying. Perhaps making a public committment will provide you with extra motivation to stick to whatever it is your plan, since when that pie is halfway to your mouth you'll know that allowing it to move a few more inches will cause strangers on the internet to think youre a failure, and god knows theres not much in life thats worse than that.

This thread can also be used for fitness related questions, and letting dutch faggots talk about their abs.

Me:

I'm currently 148 pounds (), and I want to be around 165 by this time next year so that I can compete in MMA without getting murdered. However, I've picked up a bit of fat over the Christmas period, so my first goal will be to lose that. I want to get my bodyfat down to around 10% by the end of January, which I'm guessing will make me 140 pounds or so, and then I'll spend the rest of the year gaining weight slowly, around 1/2 a pound every week. Since my Christmas hedonism still seems to be going strong and its unlikey to stop before New Years Eve, I'm not going to resume serious training until January 2nd, so I'll make updates from then
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 04:27   #2
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: 2006 GD Fitness Challenge

how will you be getting said bodyfat down?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 04:28   #3
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
By not eating much (around ~1900 calories a day) and doing lots of exercise (2 gym sessions a week, and around 10-12 hours of assorted martial arts).
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 04:54   #4
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

I want to cut my body fat down so I can wear tight leather etc.

My body-obsessed faggot questions:
I've been going to the gym for ages. I've got fitter and roughly doubled the strength of my legs, but my arms are still weak and girly. I've tried lots of different exercises so I'm guessing I just have a relatively puny upper body, is that biologically likely?

When I jog more than 5 miles or so I get sore legs however much warming up and warming down I do. I've tried walking the last mile and cold showers. Should I just run faster for less time or what?
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 05:54   #5
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I am currently 176 (80 kilos) lbs and I am aiming to become 198 (90 kilos) lbs by plain muscle growth, I realise that might be a bit too positive so I'll be happy with 187 lbs (85 kilos)

Last year I've been exercising full body work outs in the gym mostly for about 2 a 3 times a week which gave me an increase of 27 lbs. One of my targets this year is to be able to benchpress 8/10 reps of 220 lbs (100 kilo). Before the summer closes in I want my belly to be a bit more flat or looking less flubby by massive shoulder and chest increase.

I am thinking of picking up muy thai/kickboxing for one time a week just for the extra cardio you get out of it and to be become quicker in fight situations because gymn exercises seems to make your muscles slower. I also though about wing chun as it just looks awesome and I like their ideas behind the art. Might be a problem though as financially 2006 will be quite hard so that's the main reason I probably won't.

Nodrog, I read somewhere you where into muy thai but never knew you did about 10/12 hours a week of martial arts. What kind are you practising and do you already have ring experience? Just curious.

edit:
for queball: Speaking about your puny upperbody; for example my chest was my weakest point when I started exercising. Two times a week of maximum effort benchpressing and other chest muscle stimulating exercises made it the strongest part of my body within 10 months. For your arms; just buy some dumbels to train your biceps and triceps if you don't want to go to a gymn, you can get pretty far with a decent set of dumbels.
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 06:00   #6
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome

Most effective way of dropping your body fat without losing muscle mass is to have a 500 calories shortage a day while sporting, so you need to calculate how much calories you burn while doing your sports.

I really can't be arsed to weight and check my food every day for that aspect

Last edited by SilverSmoke; 29 Dec 2005 at 06:20.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 06:05   #7
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Nodrog, I read somewhere you where into muy thai but never knew you did about 10/12 hours a week of martial arts. What kind are you practising and do you already have ring experience? Just curious.
Nah, I havent had any fights yet, I've not been going long enough. I've only been been doing Muay Thai seriously for about 3 months, and I started doing MMA (mainly BJJ and freestyle wrestling) about a month ago. I want to start competing towards the end of next year, so we'll see what happens.
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 08:56   #8
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Presently, I'm at around 170-175 lbs, 5'9 and at around 20% body fat since last November, '05. By March, '06, I will be at 165-170 lbs at around 15% body fat. My training program will be:

Mon: 5 sets of 15 push-ups, 5 sets of 20 sit-ups and 2 sets of 2 pull-ups.
Tues: 2-mile run, 1-hr game of basketball
Wed: 5 sets of 10 push-ups, 5 sets of 15 sit-ups, and 2 sets of 2 pull-ups
Thurs: 2-mile run, 1-hr game of basketball

My diet will be baked meats and vegetables everyday, and enough carbs to keep me going. Basically, I've been on this work-out / diet program for a long time now and it kept me at 165 lbs. I should be back to my pre-holidays build by Feb, but I'm giving myself an extra month (until March) to reach this goal.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 09:07   #9
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

No offense dude but what do you expect to archieve with doing sets of 15 and 20 sit-ups?

Or will you use weights while doing them?
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 09:30   #10
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

With the 2-mile runs twice a week, push-ups and sit-ups will work very good for me.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 09:52   #11
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

well I weigh about the same as Nodrog, and I want to put on about 28 pounds. My running stamina is not too good, and I intend to be able to do a half marathon by about juneish, at the latest August. I can manage about 3 miles at the moment, up from 1.5 in september, though these past few weeks I have been running more, and in much worse conditions.

No martial arts at the moment because of some stupid shit over contracts here and I can't find anywhere that has a contract whereby I just stop straight away, and since I might have to move to another city in the next year, I really don't want to be stuck paying off a load of stuff here for three months.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 10:57   #12
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm at a measly 140-ish lbs at the minute, though whilst six months ago that was with very little fat I've gotten lazy and all my good gym works of the past have gone down the shitter. Looking to 'redistribute' what weight I have before putting on maybe another 10-12 lbs taking me to about 11 stone (I'm 5'8) by June's end. Guess I'll go back to my old regime of going the gym of a morning before uni three times a week with maybe a run (contradictory to my weight-gain goal I know but I'm already pretty unfit stamina-wise) thrown in there once or twice a week of an evening.

Last time I tried this it went pretty well, was just over 9 stone, put on near stone over the course of 3 months but then exams hit and finding the time was more difficult. So this year, none of that bullshit, I shall persevere.
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 12:35   #13
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

I'm between 180-185 lbs at the moment, and I'm 5'10". I wouldn't say I was fat, but I'm definitely not skinny either. I've been going to the gym for about 6 months now so a bit of the weight is muscles. I'm happy with my muscles right now, but recently I started slacking a bit and put on some fat. My goal is to lose the extra fat while maintaining the muscles. I'll be going to the gym only 2 or 3 times a week, so it will probably take a while to achieve. For cardio I'll be going for a 20 minute run (about 3km) and either rowing / cycling afterwards. My main problem will probably be my diet though - I don't really want to change it too much, although one of my new year's resolutions it to eat more fruit, so that will help.
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 13:08   #14
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

I'm 5'10" and I'm 154 pounds apparently.

I was at about 168 pounds before but I think I was a little podgy but I've lost that weight now. I think I was down to 147 at one point but I put some muscle weight on but I'm losing it again now so I need to go to the gym.

Ideally I'd like to be a bit more toned and defined and stronger. Mixing the two doesn't seem like a good idea since for toned and defined its light weights and high reps but for strength its high weights and low reps. If you do in between those two you build muscle mass so you can really compromise either since I don't want to be an ugly monster 'roid freak.

I'd also like to improve my cardio fitness, although thats easily done in warm up and warm down cross trainer sessions for the weights. Before I started off at 15 minutes on the crosstrainer until I could do that, then I'd try 20, then 25, then 30 if I was able to cope and wasn't too dead afterwards.

My core needs strengthening too so I'll do some exervises on the swiss ball to strengthen my abdominals and then do a back thingy to strengthen those too so I have a strong midriff so that I can do the weights much more easily.

To queball, the pain is probably from the high impact that running has on your legs. Its not good for you and clearly your body is trying to tell you this. You should try cycling instead to take the impact off, obviously your legs will still be sore but in theory you shouldn't suffer so much. Also there is less chance of you suffering joint problems and what not if you don't run.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 15:07   #15
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
When I jog more than 5 miles or so I get sore legs however much warming up and warming down I do. I've tried walking the last mile and cold showers. Should I just run faster for less time or what?
Obviously you should warm up and down after every run. How often do you do your 5 mile runs? If its only once a week you are going to hurt everytime because you arent really doing it often enough to improve. If you do maybe two 3 mile runs and one 5 mile run a week then you'll improve your lactic acid tolerance and shouldnt have any problems after a few weeks. Whether or not your knees can take that depends on how big you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
My running stamina is not too good, and I intend to be able to do a half marathon by about juneish, at the latest August. I can manage about 3 miles at the moment, up from 1.5 in september, though these past few weeks I have been running more, and in much worse conditions.
You should be able to get from that kind of fitness to being able to run 10 miles once a week (plus shorter runs inbetween) within 2 or 3 months if you go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week. If you want some advice give me a shout, i've done one. I'm no expert but i know what it takes to finish in under 2 hours.

As for me, i have no particular targets at the moment. I'm not as fit as i used to be because the gym at my new uni is shit so i dont bother going and seeing as i have nothing to train for i cant be arsed running in the cold. I'ld like to bulk up a bit and i did a fair bit of weight training over the summer but as with the running thats petered out too .
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 17:58   #16
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Signing on to this thread to say that I'm going to keep eating what i want and doing what I want and spending less time pissed off that my muscles are hurting than you guys will.

\o/
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 18:05   #17
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

£10 each in a pot.

Train for a half marathon.

Race.

Fastest GD'er takes the pot.
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 18:22   #18
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

jesus i'm fat.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 18:27   #19
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
Signing on to this thread to say that I'm going to keep eating what i want and doing what I want and spending less time pissed off that my muscles are hurting than you guys will.

\o/
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 20:43   #20
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Obviously you should warm up and down after every run. How often do you do your 5 mile runs? If its only once a week you are going to hurt everytime because you arent really doing it often enough to improve. If you do maybe two 3 mile runs and one 5 mile run a week then you'll improve your lactic acid tolerance and shouldnt have any problems after a few weeks. Whether or not your knees can take that depends on how big you are.
I jog for longer about once a fortnight when I forget how painful it was last time. I ran a lot over the summer because I got some new shoes - I was doing 3 miles at least twice a week but whenever I went to 5 miles I'd be unable to walk normally for a few days.
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 21:10   #21
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
£10 each in a pot.

Race.

or you could just hand the money directly to me or koen (depends if we train or not)
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 22:10   #22
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

I'd like to put on another 20 pounds this year and gain more upper body strength. It's never been something that I cared a huge amount about though.

I will try to play squash a couple of times a week and to go swimming more regularly to improve my general fitness but I doubt I will do anything else as I haven't enjoyed most other things I have tried.
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 00:16   #23
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Current Weight : 13st 8lbs
Weight Aimed for : 12st 6lbs
Timescale Aimed For (Best Scenario) - April
Timescale Expected : July/August

Not too concerned about upper body strength, and play more than enough outdoor sports to have the Lower Body Strength needed for what im about to undertake.

Asthmatics and Stamina increasing exercise however arent the most compatible, although thats the aim.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 01:48   #24
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

what's the most effective way to shed a beer belly (without removing a 'healthy' consumption of real ale?)
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 01:56   #25
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
£10 each in a pot.

Race.

me, most likely.

(btw hans i will start running january 2/3, i will phone you).
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 17:19   #26
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

I want to lead climb 7a/ boulder 6b by the end of my third year at uni (ie. June/July).

I don't have any targets other than that.

EDIT: Out of interest, I weighed myself: I'm about 5"8" (I think) and about 62kg/137lb. I've no idea how you calculate body fat.

Last edited by Boogster; 30 Dec 2005 at 17:26.
Boogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 18:35   #27
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Dutch people can run in clogs for saying "we're gonna win"
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 18:46   #28
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If god intended for people to run he wouldn't have bothered inventing cars.
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 18:51   #29
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
i've recently put to use the only desirable side affect of my anti depressants. They kill off your hunger.
So i will no longer be eating.
that will just make you fatter, eat normally, deprivation diets make you retain and build fat more quickly than normal
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 19:15   #30
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As I said in the New Year resolution thread, I'm looking to be able to run a 5km race and then a 10km at some point this year. The problem is that I've been saying this for at least 3-4 years now. It's a pretty conservative target, but I'm incredibly lazy and it's not easy to get into the habit of running.

For a start, I don't know when in the day is a good time to run. I've tried running in the evenings after dark, but it's mildly confusing not being able to see where you're going and also the local park to me can be mildly unsettling. On one ocassion tried to punch me in the face while they rode by on a bike, and I've had a couple of other random threats as I walked past.

I'd quite like to join a gym as two of my housemates are members and I'm interested in being able to lift more comfortably. However, I can't really have any sort of Direct Debit coming out of my account as my finances are too unpredictable which leads to any monthly charge costing at least 2-3 times more than it was originally supposed to (due to bank charges).

Also, as I've queried in another thread, I'm not really sure what all this "getting strong" (or big) business is all about. Extra stamina I can see the reasoning for, and any sort of exercise is going to bring self-discipline. But bleh at least Nod has some sort of reason in that he wants to be some form of ninja.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 19:29   #31
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

I want to look good, attractive and sexy. For me, primary that's all it takes actually. Well, after a while the habbit of serious weight training there is some kind of physical and psychological addiction. Can't really put my finger on it but you're body feels healthy and fit after each session which I can't really describe. When I bench press or train my biceps some kind of hormon seems to fly through my body which I love, it feels a bit like adrenaline.

I never expected I would like it like I do now. I've done fitness before like 10 years ago and after 6 months I was completely bored by it.
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 19:41   #32
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
I want to look good, attractive and sexy. For me, primary that's all it takes actually. Well, after a while the habbit of serious weight training there is some kind of physical and psychological addiction. Can't really put my finger on it but you're body feels healthy and fit after each session which I can't really describe. When I bench press or train my biceps some kind of hormon seems to fly through my body which I love, it feels a bit like adrenaline.

I never expected I would like it like I do now. I've done fitness before like 10 years ago and after 6 months I was completely bored by it.
Why not just take drugs
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 20:25   #33
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
As I said in the New Year resolution thread, I'm looking to be able to run a 5km race and then a 10km at some point this year. The problem is that I've been saying this for at least 3-4 years now. It's a pretty conservative target, but I'm incredibly lazy and it's not easy to get into the habit of running.

you're welcome to join Hans and me at the 'newyearsrun', january 15. 10km, varied course with a few tiny hills. it's very well organised and costs nothing. you can sleep here and i'm even willing to pick you up from the airport.

i see you then.
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 20:30   #34
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
you're welcome to join Hans and me at the 'newyearsrun', january 15. 10km, varied course with a few tiny hills. it's very well organised and costs nothing. you can sleep here and i'm even willing to pick you up from the airport.

i see you then.
and he'll lend you some running shoes
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 21:03   #35
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:

i see you then.
I would but based on rising consumption rates of alcohol it's medically impossible for me to survive this new year's eve
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 21:04   #36
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
at sailingcamp my instructor was wearing the Nike version of that. pretty cool to see tbh.
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 21:05   #37
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I would but based on rising consumption rates of alcohol it's medically impossible for me to survive this new year's eve
Shouldn't you reach a physical limit of how much you can drink before that happens
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 21:08   #38
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
Shouldn't you reach a physical limit of how much you can drink before that happens
You'd think that wouldn't you? You just sort of have to rush it in between the consumption of the drink that should shut down your system and the time it takes for that alcohol to actually hit your system.
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 02:22   #39
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

spellellabapehe****YOU
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 02:29   #40
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
spellellabapehe****YOU
should've drunk more
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 02:32   #41
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

i see you then.
I doubt I could run 10km without any sort of training.

But anyway, if my New Years Eve is half as fun as I'm hoping I will definitely be incapable of running anything at all in January.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 03:46   #42
Nodrog

I could probably d0 10km after a few weeks training but Holland is gay and I might catch aids.
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 10:37   #43
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

just try to keep your dick out of other people's butt for once and you'll be fine nod.

i'll see you in january!

(oh and 10km isn't that far. Hans can confirm i can run it in 40-44 mins, without training or even a warming up, after only one cup of coffee).
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 16:48   #44
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
just try to keep your dick out of other people's butt for once and you'll be fine nod.

i'll see you in january!

(oh and 10km isn't that far. Hans can confirm i can run it in 40-44 mins, without training or even a warming up, after only one cup of coffee).

Confirmation post:

I did it on a cup of tea and a slice of pizza. 44 minutes 30 seconds, 30 seconds slower then koen who did have more then 4 hours of sleep and didn't went clubbing.

He won, damned.
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 16:49   #45
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"theam is koens gimmick account" : new evidence supplied
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 17:17   #46
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
Confirmation post:

I did it on a cup of tea and a slice of pizza. 44 minutes 30 seconds, 30 seconds slower then koen who did have more then 4 hours of sleep and didn't went clubbing.

He won, damned.
i did it in 40mins and 'x' seconds on only a cup of coffee when i was 15.
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 13:32   #47
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This thread needs a theme tune

I put forward the Kaiser Chiefs

"I PREDICT A DIET"

*badum*tish*
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 13:42   #48
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Ah British humour again!
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 14:31   #49
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

not that this will match up with anything that you boys want to do but

i am 5"8", weigh 9 stone and have 25% body fat (i am thin but a bit squidgy)
my aim is to lower that to 15% by the end of the year which means converting almost a stone of flab into muscle.

this is going to be achieved by running (eurch), yoga, climbing and yomping around on big hills (am hiking up kilimanjaro in march)

would anyone here be interested in doing the great north run http://gnr.realbuzz.com/ in october?
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 15:28   #50
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

The ideal heartbeat rate to burn fat is a constant of of 60 to 70% of your maximum heartbeatrate. It doesnt really matter in what way you achieve this. Generally said, if you hold onto this for over 20 minutes you start to lose fat. Biking and running type cardio exercises are easiest to get into a certain constant range of heartbeat rate.