User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Jun 2005, 11:34   #1
madman2k30III

madman2k30III can only hope to improve
[Discuss]alliance def calls

can we get rid of the option inthe alliance menu as no1 uses it due to irc so therefore it is obsolete

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[F-Crew]
You know when you've been [FC]ucked

madman2k30III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 14:00   #2
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough
Re: alliance def calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman2k30III
can we get rid of the option inthe alliance menu as no1 uses it due to irc so therefore it is obsolete
you might not use it, but im sure there are newer players out there that do, the kinda ppl who wont be posting on here generally, it seams to do no harm being there, so why not leave it ?
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 15:11   #3
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I have to say as it is even if people use it it is hopeless. Sometimes some of F-Crew use it BUT I've only ever noticed one of them in time to arrange them defence. Like alot of the features in the alliance section they really need an overhaul or removed
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 22:02   #4
madman2k30III

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
I have to say as it is even if people use it it is hopeless. Sometimes some of F-Crew use it BUT I've only ever noticed one of them in time to arrange them defence. Like alot of the features in the alliance section they really need an overhaul or removed
i have to behonest eventhough i am a bc and a terrible 1 of that i everytime i looked at the defense screen it has always been empty. soi is there any reason for it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[F-Crew]

Unread 5 Jun 2005, 01:27   #5
Melesse
The Nephilim

Melesse is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish more people used it. I'm rarely able to be in IRC, but would be happy to defend. I think part of the problem is that it doesn't show enough information. It currently shows both sets of coords, number of ships, and arrival tick. I think more people would use it if it used a similiar format to the gal incoming screen. And then also allowed people to enter the defense they were sending as well. Then it would become a tool to assist DC's in their organizational endeavours.

Maybe add the functionality of defense fleets, etc, to Officers. Something similiar for the Gal would be nice too, and give the MoW something to do.

Melesse
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 01:33   #6
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

What your suggesting however would mean that the page would need to be made completely piblic to alliance members. Without a whole host of secuity upgrades and 'log' access that opens up all sorts of spy [rpblems
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 03:41   #7
Melesse
The Nephilim

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
What your suggesting however would mean that the page would need to be made completely piblic to alliance members. Without a whole host of secuity upgrades and 'log' access that opens up all sorts of spy [rpblems
Not necessarily. It could be private, officers only. The only thing it might say in the public part is "COVERED." Maybe there could be a little field to input whether you are sending defense and what kind of defense (text box maybe), and then the DC can decide when to declare it "COVERED."

I'm just throwing out ideas, b/c as it stands now, it's almost useless. At the very least it needs to show any scans made of the attacker and/or defender so people who can't get on IRC can send something to help. Or get rid of the whole thing. But I'd rather add another useful tool to the Alliance's toolbox.

Admittedly, this is skewed towards people like me who can only rarely get on IRC, but still want to participate in alliances (Don't even let me get started into how bitter I am about that...). This is likely to be a growing segment of PA's population, as for example my Uni blocked IRC because it was used to file share (Oh Noes!), and I've heard from several others that their Unis are also stricken with this affliction. While I understand that I will never be a part of a larger alliance b/c of this, I'm happy to be one of the biggest members of Coven simply b/c they don't mind my lack of IRC b/c I'm very, very active (I check PA sometimes up to 15 times a day, lo college!) and I'd simply like to participate more, especially defending. I think that might have been a run on sentence. Anyways, I didn't mean to get off in a rant, but there are (I think) a significant population of players, especially in smaller alliances, who would benefit from an ingame defense solution. This will not help larger alliances. I don't care, they have everything figured out anyways, they certainly don't need this. But for the Alliance that uses the in game attack maker, for the Alliance who does not have their own server or bot, for the Alliance that cares more about fun then making the top ten....this would be something I think they would appreciate. I know I would.

Melesse
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 19:56   #8
madman2k30III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melesse
Not necessarily. It could be private, officers only. The only thing it might say in the public part is "COVERED." Maybe there could be a little field to input whether you are sending defense and what kind of defense (text box maybe), and then the DC can decide when to declare it "COVERED."

I'm just throwing out ideas, b/c as it stands now, it's almost useless. At the very least it needs to show any scans made of the attacker and/or defender so people who can't get on IRC can send something to help. Or get rid of the whole thing. But I'd rather add another useful tool to the Alliance's toolbox.

Admittedly, this is skewed towards people like me who can only rarely get on IRC, but still want to participate in alliances (Don't even let me get started into how bitter I am about that...). This is likely to be a growing segment of PA's population, as for example my Uni blocked IRC because it was used to file share (Oh Noes!), and I've heard from several others that their Unis are also stricken with this affliction. While I understand that I will never be a part of a larger alliance b/c of this, I'm happy to be one of the biggest members of Coven simply b/c they don't mind my lack of IRC b/c I'm very, very active (I check PA sometimes up to 15 times a day, lo college!) and I'd simply like to participate more, especially defending. I think that might have been a run on sentence. Anyways, I didn't mean to get off in a rant, but there are (I think) a significant population of players, especially in smaller alliances, who would benefit from an ingame defense solution. This will not help larger alliances. I don't care, they have everything figured out anyways, they certainly don't need this. But for the Alliance that uses the in game attack maker, for the Alliance who does not have their own server or bot, for the Alliance that cares more about fun then making the top ten....this would be something I think they would appreciate. I know I would.

Melesse
ever tried using web based irc? well all i got to say is improve it or lose it! as for irc most alliances do everything in there power to help there members get on irc so they become productive

[F-Crew]

Unread 5 Jun 2005, 21:14   #9
Melesse
The Nephilim

I do use Web Based IRC. Unfortunately it is very spotty, and sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. I've noticed Mouselike in particular I can only log into PA from between 1 AM GMT and 10 AM GMT. That would seem like a great time to be able to log in and put out some D, but noone is ever in my alliance channel at that time lol. So it ends up being me logging on, asking about D, and logging off when noone answers.

IRC is not necessary to be productive. There is so much that can be done in the in-game forums. Sure, coordinating defense and waved attacks is easier on IRC, but you can still participate without IRC, especially if someone posts for something particular.

Melesse
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 05:20   #10
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold

At the very least, is it possible to have some kind of message show up when there is defence needs listed on this page...something similar to the "Your alliance has scheduled an attack" that way at least you'd know if there was something there. As a general rule I'd be lucky if I remember to check the defence page once a day, where a message would get me to look at it.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 12:06   #11
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: [Discuss]alliance def calls

If it was changed and notification was needed, would more people (especially the smaller alliances) use it?