User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Oct 2005, 08:11   #51
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Predictions R15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Indeed, I am betting alot of these predictions of 1up being less than top 5 are due to people lumping Angels with eXilition and a grudge match between 1up and ND (which so far only has the support of the fact 1up kicked ND end of R14, which was rather predictable considering the progress of the round and so they will be out for revenge. Likewise, couldn't we also say ND will have a grudge vs eXilition for r13?)
I will be disappointed if ND waste themselves on a grudge match and give eXilition the extra time or flak they need to defeat 1up and go on to win the round by miles again.

I expect that ND will play for themselves
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 08:35   #52
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
I will be disappointed if ND waste themselves on a grudge match and give eXilition the extra time or flak they need to defeat 1up and go on to win the round by miles again.

I expect that ND will play for themselves
Put it another way then.

We both know (and I genuinely mean this truthfully and without malicious intent) that ND simply aren't good enough to beat 1up or Exil one on one unless some very startling changes turn up. So, what happens when you know you can't win the round? I suspect the attitude will be that "we don't care about Exil but we'll do what we can to make sure 1up don't win" in very much the same attitude you've had for LCH over the past three rounds.

For whatever reason ND have become incredibly hostile towards 1up this round and if you think your current attitude won't have even a small bearing on plans for next round then you're either a bit slow or just plain lying.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 09:44   #53
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

PREDICTIONS.
Lets have clear predictons please so we can all go back and laugh at the person who had the slightest clue of what was going on. If I had to be realistic...

1. Exilition- Its no secret that from the second that they have 2 1up coords until the end of the round they will hit 1up. Along with any help they muster.
2. ToF- Improve every round, partly due to the fact that they are insignificant, and will be under the radar.
3. Angels- Can't see Angels being hardcore against another Hardcore alliance, but they will be hardcore. (attacking a good alliance that is losing already is not hardcore)
4. 1up- Will be hard to sustain concentrated incoming plus "gal" attacks all round.
5. Newdawn- Will get hit harder than last round. I was shakey to give them 5, for the simple fact that by any measure, when they get real incoming, they fold in half. But i think whatever start they have to the round will carry them to top 5.
6. Reunion- Don't think they will have that many members as last round (quality) and they will probably avoid being hit very hard. Should be safe with 6.
7. Lch- sigh
8. F-crew- 100 members and activity from planets no matter how small they are will land them in top 10 again.
9. subh- I really don't know why i put them here
10. Really don't know. maybe Nos or Hr or someone like that.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 10:26   #54
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
truth is, atleast in Round 13, ND didn't give up, and faught their asses off....with 1 active HC trying to do 4 billion things to keep things going..... We launched fleets at Exi and company from tick 72 till the last tick. Was quite proud of the ND membership considering what they were up against all round. I however find it amusing how people that wouldn't step up to do a damn thing but have an opinion and post an AD can sit here and criticise those who actually put in the work and tried to do something

Duck thats a blatant Lie. For the last 3-4 weeks when i was running every raid every night we didnt hit EXi at all. We targetted other alliances just so 1up and ND could hopefully climb the rankings somewhat. So please Duck, fact not fiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Put it another way then.

We both know (and I genuinely mean this truthfully and without malicious intent) that ND simply aren't good enough to beat 1up or Exil one on one unless some very startling changes turn up. So, what happens when you know you can't win the round? I suspect the attitude will be that "we don't care about Exil but we'll do what we can to make sure 1up don't win" in very much the same attitude you've had for LCH over the past three rounds.

For whatever reason ND have become incredibly hostile towards 1up this round and if you think your current attitude won't have even a small bearing on plans for next round then you're either a bit slow or just plain lying
You've just answered your own question there tbh matey. ND had been sooo hostile to LCH for 2 rounds, round 12 and round 13. ND launched fleet after fleet at them. And this is fact, you can ask Duck or whoever this. And yet this round we made agreements with them to stop targetting each other to focus on a common goal? So why the hell would ND not want to do exactly the same thing again this coming round to secure a better finishing position? NewDawn arent the selfish war mongers that some of this community are making us out to be. Were also not whining little kids who will go out to target the big bad 1up after beating us this round. NewDawn will play things our way, and that will be without targetting any alliances until needs arise.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 10:42   #55
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

To clarify a bit, i don't expect ND to spend their round hitting 1up out of grudge. And ND is not the reason i predict 1up to end #3. However, ND doesn't have what it takes to win, once they realize they can't be top3, and once they secure the spot they can get, my prediction is that they will hit 1up for some sweet revenge. It won't be an all out war, it might be just joining a heavy night of incomings on 1up, or doing a fleet catch on some 1up member. I don't think it will alter anything in the rankings.
As for eX and Angels, i expect them to hit 1up merely because "you have to beat someone to get top #1 or top2" and that someone is 1up.
I think Angels, eX and 1up will not be cooperating with each other. Or at least, i expect so. Of course, this doesn't rule out any naps or ceasefires later on.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 10:45   #56
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Put it another way then.

For whatever reason ND have become incredibly hostile towards 1up this round and if you think your current attitude won't have even a small bearing on plans for next round then you're either a bit slow or just plain lying.
Bingo!
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 10:49   #57
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
It is bad if acting on your grudges put you in a worse situation then if you played everyone equal. If you have a pre set enemy that you know you will fight head on, building up a grudge can even work as a strong motivator.

In this case I doubt ND can get their revenge and win.

There is clearly a grudge building up here tho, and I doubt it will be in 1up or ND`s best interest.
Then again, a "grudge" helped Xanadu win round 4.

Quote:
--snip--
If you know so well how to run NewDawn, you shouldn't have left, I guess.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 10:50   #58
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

any 2/4 (1up, ND, eXi, Angels - not that im saying those 4 are in the same class) whilst the other half (2/4) remains solo or have a weaker partner outside those 4 - might be in an early disadvantage.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 10:54   #59
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Put it another way then.

As Relig said, look at how our politics changed during Round 13 and Round 14. LCH/ND working together, against the enemy of 1up and friend?

Just because you (and others) say we can not win the round, it does not mean we can't. ND will aim for as high as possible, and every alliance should do the same. If it is really certain we can't win the round, we will go for 2nd. then 3rd. etc. We will not use a petty grudge against 1up to ruin our hopes of finishing in a good position. ND will play for ND.

This may come into a seperate scenario, however, when ND plays for ND but has a mutual interest with someone else. Basically, we'll do whatever we want, we don't care whether you like it or not. We will do it anyways.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 10:56   #60
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
snippets
a) If you were such an excellent HC, why did you leave when someone NOT EVEN IN YOUR ALLIANCE said you were shit at it?
b) Gate tried to help ND and SiNND during R13, you blocked him from trying to open hostilities with NoS. And kicked from the HC.
c) your self gratitude really does come across as arrogant.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 10:56   #61
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Then tell me who are Exilition likely to recruit to help them in their dirty work then? LCH simply isn't as strong as previous rounds so that leaves Angels and ND to help Exilition take down 1up - unless everyone here is assuming Exilition are better than 1up one-on-one which has not been proven. Infact, such a thing was shown to be untrue in R13 as 1up held it's own against Exilition keeping them down in the rankings.

Regardless, 1up will play and make best of any situation. After all, if it takes the majority of the playing universe to take us down and then they sit back to allow Exilition to win comfortably yet again - we can be proud of ourselves.
the only round both alliances played, Exilition won. That's the fact, doesn't prove they're better in 1vs1 but it could give them the benefit of the doubt.

I think the main candidates will be 1up and Exilition since those are the only alliances able to win the past 4 rounds ... so purely objectively ... they're the favourites.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 11:06   #62
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Funny how eXilition rated 1up as the second best alliance for R13 still regardless of our end rank.
This is such a crap statement. 1-5 HC's saying they think 1up was second best alliance in r13 means nothing and represents 8% of entire exilition. So unless you spoke to entire exilition (assuming they all agree), there's little value to what you just said.

Eventhough I think 1up is the best alliance full stop, I do think during r13 you were at no single point capable to win that round. You lacked in several areas and whatever excuses you have for it (less dedication, no preparation, ...), the fact remains that you didn't play a good round.

You praize yourself for not giving up and not being beaten down ... I guess that's your way to look upon that round.

Regardless of all the things that happen in r13, could you honnestly say you played a decent round?

In no way am I trying to be disrespectful towards you or 1up, don't look at this as anti 1up PR cause that's not the intention.

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 Oct 2005, 11:10   #63
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
As Relig said, look at how our politics changed during Round 13 and Round 14. LCH/ND working together, against the enemy of 1up and friend?

Just because you (and others) say we can not win the round, it does not mean we can't. ND will aim for as high as possible, and every alliance should do the same. If it is really certain we can't win the round, we will go for 2nd. then 3rd. etc. We will not use a petty grudge against 1up to ruin our hopes of finishing in a good position. ND will play for ND.

This may come into a seperate scenario, however, when ND plays for ND but has a mutual interest with someone else. Basically, we'll do whatever we want, we don't care whether you like it or not. We will do it anyways.
If you'd bothered to read the post as opposed to the habitual holier than thou "ND will play their own game...blah...bore...etc" I never allured to ND not being able to win a round. I stated they simply weren't of sufficient calibre at this exact moment in time to compete one on one with 1up or Exilition. I never discounted changes taking place that would enable ND to come out victorious in either of those sitations either. I merely stated my opinion based on information available at this very moment in time and based a prediction based upon that.

Now kindly remove the chip from your shoulder and shove it up your arse.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 11:13   #64
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
And unless you're remembering an entirely different round 13 and 14 to me you never worked closely with LCH. You carried on targetting them with us along with Exil in round 13 (and religfree can say whatever he wants but I was party to the targetting lists for the whole of round 13) and as far as I can tell from numerous comments from LCH HC your version of "working closely" is generally getting on their tits by not following through with a bunch of wild claims and plans.

Quote:
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 11:15   #65
The_Fish
ND

Would these be the same LCH HC that joined 1up? A completely impartial LCH HC then of course.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 11:17   #66
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Would these be the same LCH HC that joined 1up? A completely impartial LCH HC then of course.
Guess what, Sid sometimes let's us talk to people not in 1up!!!111

Shocker. Now take the cheap shot and **** off if thats genuinely the best retort you can muster.

Quote:
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 11:24   #67
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Quote:
And unless you're remembering an entirely different round 13 and 14 to me you never worked closely with LCH. You carried on targetting them with us along with Exil in round 13 (and religfree can say whatever he wants but I was party to the targetting lists for the whole of round 13) and as far as I can tell from numerous comments from LCH HC your version of "working closely" is generally getting on their tits by not following through with a bunch of wild claims and plans.
I never said in my post that we worked with LCH at all in Round 13. We gave them incomings along with 1up as good as every night apart from occasionally hitting ToT towards the end of Round 13. (Note: Round 13)

In Round 14 LCH and ND had Ceasefire agreements where we would not target each other on gal raids or individually after about 5-6 weeks of the round. This came about due to the large recruitment tactics employed by Reunion and the fact that 1up was, after other hostile alliances' disbandment, running away with the round. Now i cant see what we did wrong here? 1up and Reunion, the number 1 and number 3 allies of the time had a NAP, so ND + LCH stopped targetting each other? (the number 2 and number 4 allies).
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 11:27   #68
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
I never said in my post that we worked with LCH at all in Round 13. We gave them incomings along with 1up as good as every night apart from occasionally hitting ToT towards the end of Round 13. (Note: Round 13)
I never said you did. The LCH portion of my post was directed at Fish's claim of a a change in politics in round13 but at the same time it was directly related to you claiming during the last 4 weeks of the round you stopped targetting Exil. Neither statement is anything like what actually happened. I just found it easier to cover both posts in one. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Quote:
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 11:28   #69
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
I never said you did. The LCH portion of my post was directed at Fish's claim of a a change in politics in round13 but at the same time it was directly related to you claiming during the last 4 weeks of the round you stopped targetting Exil. Neither statement is anything like what actually happened. I just found it easier to cover both posts in one. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
I worded my post badly, I meant during round 14 compared to round 13.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 11:30   #70
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coward
Predictions R15 6 Oct 2005 10:19 no need to be an aggressive fag
Only fag round here is the one who daren't put his name

Quote:
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 11:31   #71
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
I worded my post badly, I meant during round 14 compared to round 13.
consider my statement retracted then

Quote:
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 11:31   #72
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

To be honest, I don't think anyone but Exilition or 1up will be capable of winning R15. They seem to be that level above everyone else. Maybe Angels would have a chance (are they playing?)
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 11:36   #73
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by god113
To be honest, I don't think anyone but Exilition or 1up will be capable of winning R15. They seem to be that level above everyone else. Maybe Angels would have a chance (are they playing?)
To the best of my knowledge they are (alch)

In the correct theatre ND could well win. Given ND's performance from this round and knowing exactly where they need to improve I would never write them off. However, I would stand by my initial post that at this moment in time if it came to one on one with 1up/Exil I do not feel they have the depth to cope.

Quote:
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 11:37   #74
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
We are playing.

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 Oct 2005, 11:42   #75
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Only fag round here is the one who daren't put his name
I thought it would be obvious
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 11:43   #76
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

In the correct theatre ND could well win. Given ND's performance from this round and knowing exactly where they need to improve I would never write them off. However, I would stand by my initial post that at this moment in time if it came to one on one with 1up/Exil I do not feel they have the depth to cope.
*nods*

Although chances are the universe will split into 1up friendly and Exil friendly. And if ND are on either side, they'll be outroided by whoever it is. I guess it isn't impossible either Exil/1up would be out of the runnings very early, but I don't think it's particulary likely.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 11:46   #77
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
I thought it would be obvious
It was, hence the wink :P

Quote:
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 11:48   #78
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by god113
*nods*

Although chances are the universe will split into 1up friendly and Exil friendly. And if ND are on either side, they'll be outroided by whoever it is. I guess it isn't impossible either Exil/1up would be out of the runnings very early, but I don't think it's particulary likely.
I don't honestly believe the universe will be like that.

If people are sensible and put grudges aside this could genuinely be the most exciting and open round of PA in a long long time.

Quote:
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 11:54   #79
hobo
Cliff Jumper

hobo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
This is such a crap statement. 1-5 HC's saying they think 1up was second best alliance in r13 means nothing and represents 8% of entire exilition. So unless you spoke to entire exilition (assuming they all agree), there's little value to what you just said.
How is that a crap statement? The leaders of a top alliance (in that case THE top alliance for the round) gave their compliments to an apponent they thought worthy of recognition. I dont think i need to tell you that HC's generally have more access to a broader view of the alliance spectrum, due to arbiter access etc. They also do, as im sure you know as you yourself are HC, speak for their alliance. Whichever reason they had, whether it was 1up had attacked them more or defended well against them, Exil HC fully believed that they were worthy of such laud. If that means nothing, then all the HC in the game could not sway your opinion.
R14-16 1up MO
R30 hirr lemming

May the souls of a thousand furry lemmings take up residence in your cereal.
hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 12:01   #80
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDog2
How is that a crap statement? The leaders of a top alliance (in that case THE top alliance for the round) gave their compliments to an apponent they thought worthy of recognition. I dont think i need to tell you that HC's generally have more access to a broader view of the alliance spectrum, due to arbiter access etc. They also do, as im sure you know as you yourself are HC, speak for their alliance. Whichever reason they had, whether it was 1up had attacked them more or defended well against them, Exil HC fully believed that they were worthy of such laud. If that means nothing, then all the HC in the game could not sway your opinion.
Correction, HC's speak on behalf of the alliance in most cases except their opinion, which is their own.

also I'm ASSUMING all HC's did, for all I care 2 pple told zhil that ... Fact is, I cannot state that Angels thinks Elysa Cuthbert is a hot babe just because I think she is. Even if alch and irvine think she is, we cannot state Angels does

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 Oct 2005, 12:01   #81
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Does that mean you don't accept how openly respectful 1up command have been to the way LCH/Angels held their position in the early to mid part of the last round?

Obviously we must be talking shit and you were crap afterall?

Quote:
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 12:04   #82
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Does that mean you don't accept how openly respectful 1up command have been to the way LCH/Angels held their position in the early to mid part of the last round?

Obviously we must be talking shit and you were crap afterall?
If you'd show us that respect, then I'd remember you did. I would however not run around saying 1up thinks we deserved it, atmost I'd say "A 1up HC" thinks we did.

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 Oct 2005, 12:05   #83
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

#1 Angels
#2 Me (yes i will be big enough that i can create an alliance for myself and end up 2nd)
#3 ND
#4 & #5 Exil and 1up in either order
#6 ToF?
#7 Subh?
#8 & #9 & #10 I forgot who else is an alliance
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 12:07   #84
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
If you'd show us that respect, then I'd remember you did. I would however not run around saying 1up thinks we deserved it, atmost I'd say "A 1up HC" thinks we did.
I can speak for 1up as an alliance because I have all the information available at hand. You're just being pedantic now to try and start a gay fight. Have you really got nothing better to do with your time?

And for that respect being shown please refer to the end of round ceremony where Zhil and I gave LCH a special, well deserved mention.

Quote:
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 12:10   #85
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
#1 Angels
#2 Me (yes i will be big enough that i can create an alliance for myself and end up 2nd)
#3 ND
#4 & #5 Exil and 1up in either order
#6 ToF?
#7 Subh?
#8 & #9 & #10 I forgot who else is an alliance
Careful. Any more of that sort of cheekyness and Kjeldoran will bleat on for about a year how all your posts are "dripping in arrogance" and that he doesn't tar all single man alliances with the same brush as there are many of them who pm him on irc to say what a great guy he is and how accurate, truthful and unbiassed all hist posts are.

Kj - before you go off one one, I'm just having a bit of fun with you

Quote:
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 12:12   #86
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I can speak for 1up as an alliance because I have all the information available at hand. You're just being pedantic now to try and start a gay fight. Have you really got nothing better to do with your time?

And for that respect being shown please refer to the end of round ceremony where Zhil and I gave LCH a special, well deserved mention.
I'm not being pendantic, nor do I wish to start a gay fight. I do however have nothing better to do atm (at work)

My point is, I found that statement by Zhil invalid. I do not believe 1up was the 2nd best alliance that round.

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 Oct 2005, 12:13   #87
hobo
Cliff Jumper

Quote:
Correction, HC's speak on behalf of the alliance in most cases except their opinion, which is their own.

also I'm ASSUMING all HC's did, for all I care 2 pple told zhil that ... Fact is, I cannot state that Angels thinks Elysa Cuthbert is a hot babe just because I think she is. Even if alch and irvine think she is, we cannot state Angels does
Well, up to now, no former member of exil has retracted that statement, so we would have a plausible reason to believe that exil as a majority agrees with it.
R14-16 1up MO
R30 hirr lemming

Unread 6 Oct 2005, 12:14   #88
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Careful. Any more of that sort of cheekyness and Kjeldoran will bleat on for about a year how all your posts are "dripping in arrogance" and that he doesn't tar all single man alliances with the same brush as there are many of them who pm him on irc to say what a great guy he is and how accurate, truthful and unbiassed all hist posts are.

Alki is Angels, I don't really mind

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 Oct 2005, 12:15   #89
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDog2
Well, up to now, no former member of exil has retracted that statement, so we would have a plausible reason to believe that exil as a majority agrees with it.
Exi didn't reply to threads during r13 (or so they say) ... does that mean they agreed when pple called them cheaters? I didn't see half Exilition deny it

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 Oct 2005, 12:22   #90
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Exi didn't reply to threads during r13 (or so they say) ... does that mean they agreed when pple called them cheaters? I didn't see half Exilition deny it
I've only seen a couple of Angels members deny that you were a bunch of fencesitting pussies in rnd13, only you as HC. That mean the rest of your alliance don't agree?

We can do this shit all day long. The moral of the story is that HC speak for their alliance as a whole. Anything else just invalidates a HC's position.

Quote:
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 12:24   #91
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:

Oh but I am arrogant, you have to be its AD for crying out loud, where else are you able to flaunt your e-penis? Oh havent u heard? kj is my bitch
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 12:26   #92
hobo
Cliff Jumper

Quote:
Well, ofc not. Cheating is fun, thats how i passed physics with an A-
R14-16 1up MO
R30 hirr lemming

Unread 6 Oct 2005, 12:26   #93
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Oh but I am arrogant, you have to be its AD for crying out loud, where else are you able to flaunt your e-penis? Oh havent u heard? kj is my bitch
then please ask him to not board PM me telling me how 'not funny' I am

Quote:
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 12:27   #94
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
See mazz, I'm not denying this

I mean, a month ago, alki wondered howmuch posts it'd take for him to get banned. I believe it were 4 posts

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 Oct 2005, 13:00   #95
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
We both know (and I genuinely mean this truthfully and without malicious intent) that ND simply aren't good enough to beat 1up or Exil one on one unless some very startling changes turn up.
You're right. To not admit this would be plain stupidity.

ND have a very different ideology to 1up, we enjoy the game in a different way adn we're not an alliance geared to obliterate others and win rounds. Therefore we won't attract enough of the sorts of players needed to win a round. We can only do the best with what we have.

Quote:
So, what happens when you know you can't win the round? I suspect the attitude will be that "we don't care about Exil but we'll do what we can to make sure 1up don't win" in very much the same attitude you've had for LCH over the past three rounds.
I'm just hoping that ND will do the very best for ourselves. This round was a shock as I fully expected us to be scrapping for rank 9 or 10. We did well, but we got lucky with early politics and alliances collapsing.. but I think ND trying to stand alone and go for #1 via traditional means against eXili and 1up would be plain stupid.

Walk before you can run.

Quote:
I'm not having any official role in ND politics next round, so I can't speak for ND. But from a personal point of view, I don't see why we should continue a 'grudge' against 1up. You guys pasted us, but it made complete sense. There's no real reason to carry a grudge forwards. I think LCH's performance in r12, and NoS' in round 13 and the reaction of most of ND to that would have been a far more valid reason. In fact, I was hoping that we would end up around the same level so be able to hit NoS hard and have it benefit us, but they kind of fell behind...

EDIT: 'ND cant play on their own after all these rounds as 1up puppets.' - and you're a clueless ****ing imbecile. That is all.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 13:17   #96
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Right.

Alliances expected to return for Round 15 are eXilition, ToT and Subh. Insomnia should be giving themselves the appropriate kick up the arse after collapsing last round, ditto NoS.

1) eXilition - not necessarily my preferred victor, but I think they've been served well by taking a round off.
2) Angels - riding the eXiltion wave to #2, again. I don't see a 1up/Angels alliance any time soon, so I can only suppose that they will be closer to eX.
3) 1up - because there's no other alliance who is able to take 3rd.
4) NewDawn - despite the probable loss of Gate for R15 (), they have more strength to get 4th than any other alliance. They will need to avoid being targetted early on, and for that reason I think they should keep out of blocks. If they can manage this, they'll do just fine.
5) ToT - I expect that despite a lower member count, they'll do very very well.
6) Reunion - a lot of their members will probably head back to eXilition, leaving only the original core.
7) Vengeance - because we rule. We now have the strength in depth to consolidate our strong Round 14 finish, whereas we couldn't replicate the same thing after Round 12. Of course, you're all welcome to underestimate us
8) Subh - I rate you guys very highly, not sure on member levels quite yet though.
9) LCH - the proverbial after-thought after this round's collapse.
10) ToF - I don't think you can hold onto your Round 14 spot. I feel like you guys are a couple of rounds behind us, and your Round 15 won't be dissimilar to our Round 13. Your members will have very high expectations after Round 14, and if you sustain any heavy losses early on, morale will drop along with your ability to cover defence calls. The sharks will then circle, I'm sorry to say.

The only certainty in Planetarion is that all of our predictions will be proven wrong.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 13:18   #97
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Nice post Gate but I suspect although you genuinely believe the latter part about 'bearing grudges' I don't believe any of the others who have been posting heavily on behalf of ND have the same opinion and attitude towards 1up.

I also didn't understand the edit :/

Quote:
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 13:33   #98
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
Duck thats a blatant Lie. For the last 3-4 weeks when i was running every raid every night we didnt hit EXi at all. We targetted other alliances just so 1up and ND could hopefully climb the rankings somewhat. So please Duck, fact not fiction.
Complete horseshit. I know damn well who we targetted, as I was sitting in the joint HC room with our allies (Including NoS) selecting our targets from the target lists. For you to say you ran every raid for the last 3-4 weeks is complete bullshit. Where exxactly do you think our target lists came from? 1up had the proper tools to sort targets by alliance, Sid provided target lists for the whole block for the majority of the round because of that.

Quote:
a) If you were such an excellent HC, why did you leave when someone NOT EVEN IN YOUR ALLIANCE said you were shit at it?
b) Gate tried to help ND and SiNND during R13, you blocked him from trying to open hostilities with NoS. And kicked from the HC.
c) your self gratitude really does come across as arrogant.
a) because I was tired of the whining day in and day out from a few people who didn't put in half the work I did. In addition, I grew tired of busting my ass for nothing. Moving to 1up was a better option for me, as even though I wasn't moving to an HC position, I'd actually see some results for the time and effort I put in. DLR was the only entity inside of ND Command who actually tried to work with the situation. Yes I opposed dropping NoS from our block, because I'm not about throwing political integrity out the window because a few whiners want to run things. Just because NoS didn't hold up their end up their end of the bargain wasn't a suffficient reason in my opinion to kick them as it would have given them reason to not only NAP exi, but it would have added another hostile alliance to our incoming list, and we certainly didn't need that. The situation WAS discussed in detail in the joint HC rooms, and there was absolutely no upside to kicking them. Don't even try to discount my work in ND, I was consistantly the most active HC (not only in round 13 either), I put in countless hours trying to make ND better. You have to spin your administration to make it look like you did all the work, and I get that.....have to have the support of your troops and all, but don't even try and slam the work the previous administration put in to improve ND.
b) Gate went into the joint HC room and decided to try and tell everyone (including other alliances) how we were going to do things (I'm sure the other alliances involved will verify this...talk to Bashar, Felleh etc) When these alliance HC's in our block came to me asking me WTF he was doing, I addressed it, Gate and I had this conversation immediatly, and whether he agreed with my accessment of the situation or not, he understood where I was coming from. And atleast he knew why I made the decisions I made. Again, Gate has always been quite valuable to ND's cause, and he worked very hard in past rounds, including 13 trying to keep our members active and run raids, I told him then that I appreciated his efforts, and you are welcome to ask him for verification.
c) blow me, be part of the solution, instead of part of the problem. We had an inactive memberbase and the whole round we tried to make the best of it, we brought SiN in, they helped with activity but even then, activity wasn't what it needed to be to mount a valid fight against Exi and Company. We did the best we could with what we had to work with. It's easy to sit atop an alliance HC when you have great activity, and fly your flag. Not so much when your dealing with half the alliance being inactive and still your working to mount an offensive with minimal fleets and cooperation.

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 6 Oct 2005 at 13:48.
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 13:34   #99
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
2) Angels - riding the eXiltion wave to #2, again. I don't see a 1up/Angels alliance any time soon, so I can only suppose that they will be closer to eX.
It's fun to see pple consider us to be retards who are unable to learn from past mistakes ...

Anyone believing the line you just wrote ... I'll kindly laugh in his face and call him an idiot (sorry)

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 Oct 2005, 13:45   #100
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Nice post Gate but I suspect although you genuinely believe the latter part about 'bearing grudges' I don't believe any of the others who have been posting heavily on behalf of ND have the same opinion and attitude towards 1up.

I also didn't understand the edit :/
I didn't get the edit either :/

Just because ND posters on here dislike a few things being said about us, it does not mean we are so fickle to change the course of the alliance, to something that actually doesn't benefit us. ND command are not idiots, we will ofc play this round whatever way is best to us.