User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Nov 2002, 13:49   #1
wu_trax

SQL-question: how do i get the current date

out of an MS-SQL-Server?
i did this a while ago with oracle by using some kind of 'dummy-table', but a) i forgot how and b) it wont work with sql-server anyway

i tryed to search the MS-homepage, but i didnt find anything useful :/
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 13:53   #2
Bigchiefweale

SELECT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
GO

?
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 13:53   #3
wu_trax

that was fast and it works.
thank you
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 15:30   #4
hinch
Banned

hinch is an unknown quantity at this point
what a **** way of doing it

set the default value for the field to (getdate())
hinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 15:31   #5
Bigchiefweale

Quote:
Originally posted by hinchles
what a **** way of doing it

set the default value for the field to (getdate())
Bear in mind i know bugger all SQL as ive never had to use it nor have i done db's at uni and i was quite happy with ^^ :p
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 15:34   #6
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally posted by Bigchiefweale

Bear in mind i know bugger all SQL as ive never had to use it nor have i done db's at uni and i was quite happy with ^^
that should make me worry about my education
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 19:31   #7
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: SQL-question: how do i get the current date

Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
i tryed to search the MS-homepage, but i didnt find anything useful :/
I find drumming on a pigs belly whilst wearing rubber gloves, standing on my head with no trousers and letting my balls hang and eating mash potato as useful as the MS-homepage.
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 00:19   #8
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future
Re: Re: SQL-question: how do i get the current date

Quote:
Originally posted by mbushell

I find drumming on a pigs belly whilst wearing rubber gloves, standing on my head with no trousers and letting my balls hang and eating mash potato as useful as the MS-homepage.
Then clearly you should have just intalled the 'Books Online' that come with all legitimate versions of MSSQL. That reference pretty much contains everything.

Whats more, is that hinch is even nearly correct Though you dont need to set a default value to it like he said. GetDate() is a function that can be used anywhere its needed in a TSQL statment.

K thx.