User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 May 2006, 23:59   #1
deadmaster

deadmaster is on a distinguished road
Having fun in a low score galaxy!

Hey!

I never knew Planetarion could be so much fun. Okay... I lose a lot of time asking for unit scans as a non-upgraded planet, but still I have fun!

I'm the biggest planet in my under top 100 ranked gal, but boy! DO I LOVE DEFENDING! A lot of attackers just crash at our defences, it's just so funny. The galaxy screen is mostly red every tick, but who cares! We manage to gain score and grow and more important... each tick we are able to defend our galaxy mates. More and more players are becoming more active and enjoying the fun.

Heck.. who could know that being GC in a low ranked galaxy is so much fun? I have the same amount of fun as being in a top 10 galaxy. At least there's some action every day

How about your experiences?
Deadmaster
deadmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2006, 00:02   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Having fun in a low score galaxy!

Interesting post there deadmaster. It's nice to see someone enjoys the game even though they don't have a big planet or galaxy and even though it's incs only

Hang in there. Nice to see you're not giving up
Unread 22 May 2006, 00:25   #3
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

In terms of fun, defence is much greater than attack.

Its just something about the rush of it all, having to get it done within a definate time frame.

With attacks you begin with "OMG only got 12 hours to prelaunch fleet!" and then "Uh Oh! I have to be on for 5 minutes in the space of 4 hours. Not sure if I can do that!".

You also get to coordinate fleets with your mates instead of just choosing who hit where and when.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2006, 15:36   #4
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Here! here! deadmaster! Always great to hear from someone who isn't doing 'well' by PA player standards (what do they know!) but is actually doing great. I totally agree, crushing defense is by far the best part of this game. Just goes to show, true fun in PA is not about being on top, it's about being involved in an active galaxy, no matter how 'poorly' that galaxy is doing. My galaxy is similar to yours (though still in the t100). We arn't winning, but we're active, and its been a lot of fun.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote