User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 10 Oct 2005, 14:23   #1
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Eating habbits and body health

Since a little year I started to go to the gymn about twice, sometimes three times a week. This might not sound like much more then recreational level but I train about 3 hours a session, with not a lot of pausing times. Needless to say, I start to grow.

I used to be a rather skinny guy but this training stuff seems to work quite well with me as my arms are now twice as big, my shoulders are more massive and I start to get B tits, consisting of muscle.
This is all cool and the gang but my belly starts to become a bit puddy because I need lots of food since I started training and quitted smoking. I wouldn't say I am fat but when you see the upperbody growing like this, you really long to see the same effect around the belly. Maybe this is some temporary side effect that will sort itself out when the body is more used of needing more calories, or something?

I recall in previous health/sport threads that quite a lot of people over here do know quite a bit about fitness and such so I would like to ask, what should I do?

I concentrate a good amount of gym time doing my stomach muscles and stuff, even at home I do fat burning exercises quite frequently. I plan to start running every day I am not in the gym. Should I run as long as possible? Should I do little distances at high speed?

And what about food, I don't even eat that much but I need more then usual dinner food every day, at least two plates where I used to have more then enough with one plate. I eat like anyone else, sometimes fat, sometimes more healthy, nothing special as far i know.

I was wondering if there are more people experienced the same things when they started to serious work out with weights, and I would like some practical tips on how to burn more fat. Also, are 'fatburners' a solution? I've heard they're dangerous but the other day I saw them in a fitness specializationshop just like if they where vitamins. (shop was closed, couldnt go inside to ask).
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 14:25   #2
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Eating habbits and body health

You've started the long horrific road to joining Arnie..
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 14:27   #3
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
You've started the long horrific road to joining Arnie..

I don't want to become that big.

Just brad pitt sexy
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 15:06   #4
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

If you want to lose weight and train off that tummy I suggest running long on a steady pace instead of doing even more power training. This is also great for your lungs and heart which you do not train at the moment at all. (It might feel as such, but running and cycling is way better for that)
This also makes sure your leg muscles (if you train them) are far more balanced and you won't injure them that soon.

If you go interval training, you will become fast on the short distance, get a extremely fast recovery time in heartbeat/lung capacity but I wouldn't suggest that as you are already constantly training power instead of stamina.
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 15:07   #5
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Since a little year I started to go to the gymn about twice, sometimes three times a week. This might not sound like much more then recreational level but I train about 3 hours a session, with not a lot of pausing times. Needless to say, I start to grow.

I used to be a rather skinny guy but this training stuff seems to work quite well with me as my arms are now twice as big, my shoulders are more massive and I start to get B tits, consisting of muscle.
This is all cool and the gang but my belly starts to become a bit puddy because I need lots of food since I started training and quitted smoking. I wouldn't say I am fat but when you see the upperbody growing like this, you really long to see the same effect around the belly. Maybe this is some temporary side effect that will sort itself out when the body is more used of needing more calories, or something?

I recall in previous health/sport threads that quite a lot of people over here do know quite a bit about fitness and such so I would like to ask, what should I do?

I concentrate a good amount of gym time doing my stomach muscles and stuff, even at home I do fat burning exercises quite frequently. I plan to start running every day I am not in the gym. Should I run as long as possible? Should I do little distances at high speed?

And what about food, I don't even eat that much but I need more then usual dinner food every day, at least two plates where I used to have more then enough with one plate. I eat like anyone else, sometimes fat, sometimes more healthy, nothing special as far i know.

I was wondering if there are more people experienced the same things when they started to serious work out with weights, and I would like some practical tips on how to burn more fat. Also, are 'fatburners' a solution? I've heard they're dangerous but the other day I saw them in a fitness specializationshop just like if they where vitamins. (shop was closed, couldnt go inside to ask).
lol fag lol
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 15:08   #6
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
If you want to lose weight and train off that tummy I suggest running long on a steady pace instead of doing even more power training. This is also great for your lungs and heart which you do not train at the moment at all. (It might feel as such, but running and cycling is way better for that)
This also makes sure your leg muscles (if you train them) are far more balanced and you won't injure them that soon.

If you go interval training, you will become fast on the short distance, get a extremely fast recovery time in heartbeat/lung capacity but I wouldn't suggest that as you are already constantly training power instead of stamina.
And you too but we knew that
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 15:32   #7
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Firstly, I put to you, "what is your aim?"

I take it you want to get a good definition and not have huge muscles like a competetive body builder?

You are on the right road but I question your training splits there. You do weights training 2 times a week for 3 hours?
What do you do in each session. How long do you allow your muscles to recover. How many hours a day do you sleep?

Your results are encouringing, but sadly you are either in, or will reach a plateu with your approach.

You have more muscle now than you did before. This is good. This means that your metabolism is higher, and the preservation of muscle is an energy requiring process. This energy will continue to come from existing fat and the food you eat.

The reason muscles grow is because they are overloaded. That is, they are strained to the level at which they cannot currently cope. This encourages the muscle to get bigger.
A common misconception is that doing light weights for high reps will tone your muscles. This is nonsense. If you are a fatty, you can do this for years and you will not see much of a change because of the layer of fat surrounding your body.

Fat comes off the body in layers like when you peel a potato. This is why fat loss is more noticable on the extremities like hands, forearms and face first. The stomach is usually the last place you notice.

Again, doing loads of sit-ups will not shift belly flab. You need to lower your body fat % to at least 12% to make your abs visible.

This is made more difficult however, because while you are building muscle, it is hard to lose fat.
Performing LISS (low intensity starved state) cardio is ideal for women who want to get thin. However, this kind of cardio (where you typically go for a light jog for 45 minutes) puts your muscles in a catabolic state. This is not good if you want to be muscular. You will lose muscle and fat.

This is why we go through phases of training. Bulking, where you are on a high calorie diet and lifting big, and then Cutting (where you are losing fat whilest maintaining muscle by performing high intensity interval training and eating your maintainence level of calories).

My adivce to you, is keep lifting big until around February. Then, aim to lower your bodyfat % so your abs are visible.

Firstly though, you wanna maximise your muscle gains, so have a look at the Max-Overload Training technique which is very popular. Basically you wanna do fewer reps (4-6) of big weights for about 3 sets per body part.
Doing 300 sit-ups is pointless. If you can do that many, hold a 10kg plate on your chest and do 3 sets of 6 sit-ups. Then watch your abs pop out my friend.

Good luck.

Last edited by Arachnidman; 10 Oct 2005 at 15:38.
Arachnidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 15:36   #8
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Thanks, that is quite informative. I will post more about my training habbits when I get home. Going to leave the office now.
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 15:41   #9
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Start running. For the effect you want, you need to run for no less than 20 minutes.

2. Cut down on carbs. You dont need much carbs for building muscles, you need protein.

3. People who focuses on "getting big" (like you seem to be doing), usually ends up looking shit.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 15:53   #10
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
1. Start running. For the effect you want, you need to run for no less than 20 minutes.
This is ok for some, but I don't think this is best for the results SS is after. The best cardio is sprinting.
Look at marathon runners. They are skinny with no muscle or fat.
Look at sprinters, they have low body fat and look lean with well defined muscles.

Assuming you are 22 years old like myself, I'd reccommend spriting for 20 seconds at a heart rate of 90% of (220 - 22 = 198) = 178.2 BPM
Then jog lightly for 1 minute at 60% of your max HR = 0.6 * 198 = 119.8 BPM
Do this for a total of 16 minutes.

Trust me, this will almost kill you the first time you do it. Even if you can jog for 45 minutes, this will make you collapse or vomit at the end.

Quote:
2. Cut down on carbs. You dont need much carbs for building muscles, you need protein.
Agreed, but you need carbs on weight training days. Eat oats for breakfast every day. Personally, I don't eat white or refined carbs like sugary stuff. I only eat oats, brown bread, brown rice and brown pasta.

Quote:
3. People who focuses on "getting big" (like you seem to be doing), usually ends up looking shit.
True. That is usually because of mis-education and the sickening act of training chest and biceps every day at the gym, not paying attention to leg development.
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 16:02   #11
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

The answer is simple: Anal sex. You need to take it up the butt in order to lose the belly, Imean how many female porn stars who take it up the butt do you see with a flabby belly. None. Thats because anal sex is the ONLY way to remove belly fat.

The big beer guzzling dart player doesnt take it up the butt that is why he has a big belly.

Most footballers are gay and take it up the butt, therefore they do not have belly fat.

All supermodels have taken the old pork sword up the butt at one stage or another, and they are not fat around the belly.

Do you think John Prescott takes it up the butt? No, and he has a huige belly.

Scientific facts my friend, its all scientifically proven.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 16:04   #12
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

am pretty sure that sprinters will run distances to increase their fitness and their lung and heart function
(doesnt have to be marathon training but you need to be running for over 20 minutes to start burning off fat and increasing your stamina)
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 17:16   #13
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTester
The answer is simple: Anal sex. You need to take it up the butt in order to lose the belly, Imean how many female porn stars who take it up the butt do you see with a flabby belly. None. Thats because anal sex is the ONLY way to remove belly fat.

The big beer guzzling dart player doesnt take it up the butt that is why he has a big belly.

Do you think John Prescott takes it up the butt? No, and he has a huige belly.

Scientific facts my friend, its all scientifically proven.
^^^^^Maybe they're all BBW pornstars? Maybe they do take it up the arse? Ever thought of that prick?
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 17:23   #14
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I misread the title as "eating hobbits" and thought Kura was in danger
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 17:42   #15
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
This might not sound like much more then recreational level but I train about 3 hours a session, with not a lot of pausing times.
That sounds like a bit of a long time for 1 session. Do you separate your muscle areas and do one each gym visit or just do thm all together? Really you should be doing chest, arms, back and legs on separate days so that you dont damage you muscles by over working them. If you are only going to the gym twice a week you could also do chest/legs one day and arms/back another or something like that. Like someone earlier said you should be doing 8-10 reps and 3-4 sets of these for each workout, so you must be doing a hell of a lot to stay in the gym for 3 hours.

If you want to lose the belly get on the treadmill. Go at about 7mph (11.2kph) and run for 20 minutes to start with. After a couple of sessions your stamina will build up and you should be able to manage longer times. If you cant be arsed to run on certain visits to the gym replace it with rowing. I generally do 4 or 5 km which takes me somewhere between 15 and 20 minutes.
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 17:47   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't eat any of the small folk.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 18:04   #17
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Well, thanks for the input folks.

I realise that 3 hours (sometimes even 3,5) is quite long. What I do is this.
Wednesday I train everything actually. arms, upperbody, legs, back and stomach. I do some cardio when I can be arsed. But the emphasis lie on arms and chest. Friday I do exactly the same but more emphasis on back and stomach. Sometimes I take a third day and I do what I feel like is lacking. Oftenly stomach and legs that is.

I do 4 sets of everything I do in reps of 10. Sometimes 8 on the last set when I max things like benchpress.

It seems to work pretty well, I feel fit and healthy. I guess I need to do some rowing/running indeed. I feel I shouldn't start to eat less, I really need food now to stay concentrated.

I used to do more cardio like crosstraining/rowing but it makes me feel extremely tired and I am ****ed up for the entire evening and sometimes even the day after. Yeah lousy excuse.
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 20:30   #18
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

If you want to lose your belly then you need to eat less, simple as that. You could do 5 hours of exercise a day and still gain weight as long as you eat enough.
As for what you should eat, eat 3 meals a day and make sure you don't eat any refined carbohydrates, don't eat anything in between meals. Obviously there are a million other diets you could try but this one's pretty simple and might work.

If you're spending 3 hours in the gym each session then I suggest you do at least 30 minutes of cardio at the beginning. This can be just cycling, just running, just rowing or a combination of the 3. You might not feel too good the first few times but just don't over exert yourself and you should build your stamina without knackering yourself out too much the next day. Maybe one of the reasons you feel so tired by it is that you don't drink enough water. Try drinking more during your session and you should feel better.
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 20:39   #19
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Sounds interesting, but I really don't want to get out even earlier then I already do.
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 21:22   #20
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

I work, have to go out at 07:00 max. But I'll go run a bit in some minutes outside. As I said before I already wanted to do some runnings in the evening and at the gymn I will put in less time on stomach muscles but more on cardio like rowing/crosstraining.
Unread 11 Oct 2005, 00:14   #21
Arachnidman
You love me really

Quote:
I work, have to go out at 07:00 max. But I'll go run a bit in some minutes outside. As I said before I already wanted to do some runnings in the evening and at the gymn I will put in less time on stomach muscles but more on cardio like rowing/crosstraining.
If you do too much cardio like that, you're going to end up losing a lot of muscle mass.

Just have a quick skim over: http://www.ast-ss.com/articles/article.asp?AID=97
It's been going pretty well for my gym buddies and I....might as well try it out. Good free site for strength training as well.

Quote:
Energy expenditure during cardio is very misunderstood. What is even more misunderstood is energy expenditure after cardio as a result of the cardio. When doing cardio, the primary energy source your body uses is glycogen. Your body uses very little, if any, fat stores for energy during cardio. Even if you haven't eaten food for several hours your body still uses glycogen as its primary energy source. You must let go of the wrong assumption that you are actually burning fat while you are doing cardio. You are not!

The benefit you get from cardio, from a fat burning standpoint (there are many other health benefits), is its effect on your resting metabolic rate. Your resting metabolic rate is the amount of energy your body expends when you are not exerting yourself, at rest. Cardio training, and especially Max-OT Cardio, has a dramatic elevating effect on your body's resting metabolic rate.

When you increase your resting metabolic rate, you increase your body's overall fat burning capabilities - you make your body much more efficient at burning body fat. Max-OT Cardio will make your body a 24-hour a day fat burning furnace. The problem with conventional, long duration, low intensity cardio is that it has minimum impact on increasing your resting metabolic rate. However, long duration, low intensity cardio will deplete glycogen stores. When this happens, you will start primarily utilizing lean muscle for your energy needs. Long duration cardio will break down muscle tissue.
Unread 11 Oct 2005, 00:39   #22
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Are you trying to be more healthy or are you trying to be better looking?

Assuming you are training 10 hours a week and that you sleep 8 hours a day, you are training away 9% of your available waking hours. What you are after should be worth this large a sacrifice.
Unread 11 Oct 2005, 00:53   #23
Arachnidman
You love me really

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Are you trying to be more healthy or are you trying to be better looking?

Assuming you are training 10 hours a week and that you sleep 8 hours a day, you are training away 9% of your available waking hours. What you are after should be worth this large a sacrifice.
Poonani
Unread 11 Oct 2005, 01:01   #24
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
If you want to lose your belly then you need to eat less, simple as that. You could do 5 hours of exercise a day and still gain weight as long as you eat enough.
As for what you should eat, eat 3 meals a day and make sure you don't eat any refined carbohydrates, don't eat anything in between meals. Obviously there are a million other diets you could try but this one's pretty simple and might work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
The body's stores of carbohydrate lasts about 7 hours, after that the body will start burning fat. ( This is part of why you have a bad taste in your mouth when you wake up. A biproduct of the metabolism using fat will be keto-acids, namely aceton - nail polish remover.)
You seldom go 7 hours without eating while awake, but most people sleep more than that. So if you take a brisk jog right after you get up (and before you eat) the body will be forced to burn more of your fat.

I have never done this, as I have very little fat on my bod, but I hear it is the shiznit....

I was under the impression that the body thinks it's starving if it doesn't eat anything for 4 hours.

After this point it tries to convert all available (carbs) energy into fat.

This is why you should "graze" (ie eat small amounts constantly throughout the day) ... eat your main meals but also snack on things (eg oatcakes, fruit) inbetween.

Following this logic you shouldnt eat a very large breakfast as the body will try and convert as much of it as possible to fat (as the body has been "starving" during the night whilst you slept).

Please feel free to counter my argument if you disagree with me but are also in possession of "a clue".
Unread 11 Oct 2005, 01:07   #25
Arachnidman
You love me really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
I was under the impression that the body thinks it's starving if it doesn't eat anything for 4 hours.

After this point it tries to convert all available (carbs) energy into fat.

This is why you should "graze" (ie eat small amounts constantly throughout the day) ... eat your main meals but also snack on things (eg oatcakes, fruit) inbetween.

Following this logic you shouldnt eat a very large breakfast as the body will try and convert as much of it as possible to fat (as the body has been "starving" during the night whilst you slept).

Please feel free to counter my argument if you disagree with me but are also in possession of "a clue".
I concur.
Unread 11 Oct 2005, 01:17   #26
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
The body's stores of carbohydrate lasts about 7 hours, after that the body will start burning fat. ( This is part of why you have a bad taste in your mouth when you wake up. A biproduct of the metabolism using fat will be keto-acids, namely aceton - nail polish remover.)
You seldom go 7 hours without eating while awake, but most people sleep more than that. So if you take a brisk jog right after you get up (and before you eat) the body will be forced to burn more of your fat.
wow, you learn something new every day
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 00:31   #27
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Why should the body convert carbohydrates to fat if it is starving? Adipose tissue is stored energy, so it's the other way around. If your intake of energy exceeds your needs the body will syntetize fatty cells, and store energy.

It's not the other way round at all.

Fair enough if you have too much energry your body will convert the excess to fat.

HOWEVER if you don't eat for 4 hours your body goes "****ING HELL HOW LONG TILL I NEXT GET A MEAL I MEAN IT MIGHT BE ****ING AGES SO WHAT I'LL DO IS I'LL SAVE SOME OF THIS HERE ENERGY JUST INCASE IT'S A LONG TIME TILL I DO GET FED AGAIN!"

As soon as you do eat tho your body goes "PHEW PANIC OVER!" and starts burning the energy instead of storing it.

Capische?
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 00:32   #28
Dace
so f*cking zen

BTW Nan i suggested "grazing" because ideally you would eat your food in equal amounts spaced throughout the day (ie 6 small meals) however the liklihood of people being able to do that (unless they're proper serious atheletes) is rather low so the next best thing is 3 slightly smaller than average meals with some "healthy snacks" interspersed between them.
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 00:33   #29
Arachnidman
You love me really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
It's not the other way round at all.

Fair enough if you have too much energry your body will convert the excess to fat.

HOWEVER if you don't eat for 4 hours your body goes "****ING HELL HOW LONG TILL I NEXT GET A MEAL I MEAN IT MIGHT BE ****ING AGES SO WHAT I'LL DO IS I'LL SAVE SOME OF THIS HERE ENERGY JUST INCASE IT'S A LONG TIME TILL I DO GET FED AGAIN!"

As soon as you do eat tho your body goes "PHEW PANIC OVER!" and starts burning the energy instead of storing it.

Capische?
I concur.
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 00:35   #30
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Hm, I started eathing 3 times a day (normal in the morning, light at noon and normal in the evening) without snacks and a lot of water apple/orange juice. So that wouldn't be effective?

Normal as in: Healthy stuff but normal amount, one plate in the evening.
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 00:40   #31
Dace
so f*cking zen

It would be "alright "* but you're not gonna get best results unless you change your eating habits more.

*eating healthier is always better.
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 00:41   #32
Arachnidman
You love me really

Quote:
Hm, I started eathing 3 times a day (normal in the morning, light at noon and normal in the evening) without snacks and a lot of water apple/orange juice. So that wouldn't be effective?

Normal as in: Healthy stuff but normal amount, one plate in the evening.
apply//orange juice?

You know each glass has about 7 spoons of sugar in it. Water all the way man! or diet coke....

Anyway, as long as your getting enough calories to quench your basal metabolic rate which his around 1800 a day you wont go into starvation mode.

Basically, the more often you eat, the higher becomes your propensity to burn fat...
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 00:43   #33
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Ehm apple/orange juice without anything added, pure juice. I thought natural sugars weren't a problem.
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 00:56   #34
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Ehm apple/orange juice without anything added, pure juice. I thought natural sugars weren't a problem.
like natural fats and natural proteins.

eat as much of them as you want!!!
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 00:59   #35
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Eating three times a day isnt enough, if you sleep 8 hours and are quite active. You should eat around every 4th hour, so that your bloodsugar is always quite high. That way you will burn more.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 01:04   #36
Arachnidman
You love me really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
like natural fats and natural proteins.

eat as much of them as you want!!!
For the last time, that line just doesn't work at convicing people to swallow your sperm.
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 01:51   #37
Ephor
Monkey Man

Ephor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond repute

Since going to university I have cut down to one meal a day consumed at about two hours past midnight. Sometimes I 'leave a bit'.

Am I going to die?
Ephor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 02:19   #38
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephor
Since going to university I have cut down to one meal a day consumed at about two hours past midnight. Sometimes I 'leave a bit'.

Am I going to die?
I'm going to go out a rather sturdy limb here and say "possibly".
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 02:35   #39
Ephor
Monkey Man

Ephor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond repute

:((((
Ephor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 14:11   #40
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Eating three times a day isnt enough, if you sleep 8 hours and are quite active. You should eat around every 4th hour, so that your bloodsugar is always quite high. That way you will burn more.
I've read that ten years ago. It doesn't work that well.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote