User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 23 Aug 2005, 14:10   #1
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Music people, I need your help.

I want to find the identity of a band I saw on a music channel on holiday (Turkey). I have no idea what to look for and all I know if the song sampled all or part of the Snap song 'Oops up side your head'.

It was an all girl group with 3 great looking white girls (1 blonde, 2 brunettes) and a black woman vaguely grace jones-ish.

The video had a vampire type theme and started off with a group of men carrying a carriage in the dark towards a castle, the movements in the video are quite jerky and unusually done, Im sure you'd remember it if you saw it.

I think the music channel I saw it on was called Metro+ but im not 100% certain now.

Please help me find this gorgeous band, I've tried googling but with limited knowledge of the subject its proving futile.

Thanks.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 14:19   #2
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Music people, I need your help.

I have no idea. What was the song like, stylistically?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 14:27   #3
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Re: Music people, I need your help.

it was dance, the black woman did the chorus in a similar style to the original but the 3 white girls sung their bits very seductivley, I was too entranced by their beauty to hear the lyrics properly. Plus I thought he video was cool and got a bit mesmerised by it.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 14:27   #4
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Google failed. Well, 'oops upside your head' was originally by The Gap Band (ie not Snap) which might help. The only recent cover I found was by DJ Casper.

As I've never heard / seen it, you'd know better than me if those girls were actually singing anything, or just looking pretty as dancers in a video.

edit : I wrote this before I saw your last reply. Now this suggestion looks very unlikely. You could always download an mp3 and see if it sounds like it?
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 20:02   #5
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
Google failed. Well, 'oops upside your head' was originally by The Gap Band (ie not Snap) which might help. The only recent cover I found was by DJ Casper.

As I've never heard / seen it, you'd know better than me if those girls were actually singing anything, or just looking pretty as dancers in a video.

edit : I wrote this before I saw your last reply. Now this suggestion looks very unlikely. You could always download an mp3 and see if it sounds like it?
Didn't the Smurfs do a cover of that?