User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 18 Aug 2005, 21:34   #1
steve

steve is a jewel in the roughsteve is a jewel in the roughsteve is a jewel in the rough
co workers

im a Landscape Garderner for Jacksons nurseries and amenity landscapers (google it and we are top one). I abolutly love my job. Im a top landscaper and have huge amounts of fun. i am also a team leader for landscaping. I started this job as a holiday job and soon found my talent for it and now at the age of 16 i get payed upto 10 pounds an hour depending on the work.

However one day on the weekend (usually a saturday) i have to work on the retail section as they are short staffed and it pays me well. usually i love this as i enjoy working with customers giving advice on plants and helping to plan ppl's gardens without them breathing down my neck as i take lots of money per hour i spend wasting there time going through plans.

This particular saturday a month or so ago made me wish i had quit my job. saturday morning 9 am i role up for work. im working with jane (always works weekends been doing it for quite a long time about 18 years or so) and george (one of the team leaders from the back who like me has to work one day on the weekend). i finish any small jobs that need doing and sit back waiting for customers. around 1pm i am advising customers. i have been with this couple for the last hour or so. ive given them a plan for there garden and am in the process of whats around a £1.500 sale. something that would normally be around a third of the days takings.

i look up jane is advising a couple next to the rose bed. and george is at the top shop on the tills quite busy with customers. around 5 minutes later i hear a large scream followed instantly by a huge erruption. quickly trying to find the source of the problem i see jane standing on the rose bed shouting my name completly soaked in water with a 3 jets of water in the air each around 30 ft tall.

the dosy cow who has a fkin top qualification in horticulture and 3-4 years experience with this one company not counting the countless companies she must of been with before. had completly trashed the irrigation system which runs over 3 acres and could be broken in any point under the ground.

i run and turn all of the water off, apologise to the rich couple im with and walk grouchly over to jane. she smiles and says 'oops'. ****ING OOOPS YOU ****ING IDIOT YOU JUST CREATED ABOUT A WEEKS EXTRA WORK WHICH COULD COST UP TO 5 GRAND TO FRICKING WELL FIX. ofc theres customers starring at her in shock and disbelief at the events so i dont shout and swear, instead i merely force a smile and reply 'go and get dried up'. i have to leave my customers or face what could be a growing problem as the flooding could dislodge the already quite badly laid irrigation system.

8pm that day. am i at home? no. am i out with mates? no. where am i? yes thats right im at ****ing work. 3 hours after the place closes. wheres jane? sitting at home on her fkin arse. so i had phoned the boss asking what he wanted doing. he lives literaly on the site. and we are now there in the middle of a foot of water with emergency lighting up ready for dark trying to find where the rupture happened.

what actually happened to the piping i hear you ask? how could my retard co worker cause such a **** up? whilst showing customers around she found the plant needed was on one of the rose beds. this rose bed was being watered, so being a genious as she is she decides to turn off the bed. however she realises she will need to balance the pressure and so when she turns off the bed she runs yes runs to the next one to turn that on.

SHE THINKS SHE CAN RUN FASTER THEN AN ABSOLUTE TON OF WATER WILL BE PUSHED THROUGH THE PIPES. WATER THAT HAD EXPLODED OUT OF THE NEXT BED BEFORE SHE COULD EVEN TURN AROUND TO GO TO THE NEXT VALVE.

so 8pm comes and 8pm goes. the emergency lighting goes on at around 10pm. im still working using the tractor to remove about a meter of earth and grit and clay. before digging the rest of the way. midnight comes and i finally find the point which was completly smashed up. this needed fixing before the next day as without it 100 acres of plants wouldnt be watered and alot would die in the heat we were having.

i had meant to be going to a party that night which i had to cancel at around 7pmish when i realised this would take a hell of a long time.

so its about 1am 12 hours after the original incident. ive finally fixed the problem. the boss is estatic ive just saved him thousands of pounds in work and in replacing dead plants. i am however shattered as the boss digs like a turtle and doesnt operate the tractors as he doesnt know how.

i then look up at the nurseries and its a fkin mess. all the path ways upturned every where that theres irrigation running through. i know im going to be asked to sort it out. so i grab a drink from the coffe shop and sit down with the boss. i spend about 5 mins trying to get the sweat off of my face and drink this drink without falling asleep. im about to grab my bad to leave. and all i get is: 'so then back to work?' i give my boss a look so dirty hed prolly sack me if it wasnt too dark to see it. instead of doing the sensible thing of 'no im going to bed' i for some odd reason just say 'yeah sure'. WHY DID I SAY IT? WHO KNOWS IM A FRICKING IDIOT FOR DOING SO.

about two hours later the boss's wife comes out and makes me some food. the boss fks off to bed for a few hours.

i even start realising this is going to be even more work then digging it up. as the boss although a slow worker did speed me up overall. plus i have to make it look good with new gravel for the top surface which means getting more veichles out and basically spending a long time resurfacing the paths.

the retail section by itself is 3 and a half acres. i start resurfacing at 2am.

9am ive been at work for 24 hours. the retail manager paul rolls up. as does jane and zach. i also see roger the boss strolling along towards me. i have all but one bed done and am adding the surfacing to it. jane opens her mouth and says 'oh so yuo came in early and fixed it, i knew it wouldnt be much work'. paul looking confused and obviously not knowing what has happened opens his mouth and didnt get to finish as i simply utter 'i quit' and walk off throwing down the spade and almost hitting jane as i walk past her.

i slept till around 4 that day. my mother says that roger and paul have phoned around 50 times for me. and they are comming down at 5. i dont really have much to say to them at this point i dont need the money and my job although i like it isnt really the best around or something i aim to be when older.

5pm strolls around and on the dot theres a knock roger and paul are there. they come in and sit down. now this bit here makes it all up. i wont go into the long details of the conversation that followed heres the outcome.

i recieved a 600 pound bonus and overtime for the long night. i have the option of not working with jane ever again.

i now make 10 pounds an hour NO MATTER WHAT something which used to depend on the job.

im basically seen as a god to my boss.

however one thing that pisses me off alot is that jane causing such a huge problem lost, no not her job, but her measely bonus so 40 pounds. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS WORLD COMMING TO. she completly screws up and not even a small thing but a huge thing. and she loses her bonus.

i must say i feel alot better now and i can see why ppl like ranting. sorry its so long winded but it felt like the day went on forever.

do any of you have similar stories about co workers making your life hell?
[23:42:56] <SkyHead> Keep your fleets
[23:43:02] <SkyHead> Keep your faith
[23:43:08] <SkyHead> Keep your anti 1up spirit

-retired 1up MO-
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 21:55   #2
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: co workers

I have some fat, idle, unintelligent co-workers who feel its a real hassle when i DARE to ask them to do their ****ing job.

I think we all have those though.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 22:44   #3
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

can't believe I read all that *

nice happy ending though

I expect Deffeh will be along to grade your rant later

Last edited by 1-X; 18 Aug 2005 at 23:17. Reason: * I didn't mean to imply I didn't enjoy reading it. I did 'blob him up' for it, which I'm sure means more to him than that huge wad of cash he got :p
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 23:04   #4
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
and now at the age of 16
Is this correct? Child labor laws should have prevented you working all night if it is.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 23:08   #5
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
can't believe I read all that
i'm quite pleased i did
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 23:12   #6
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I used to work with morons that thought it was fun to play jazz and reggae at full blast through the whole office, after 2 days of putting up with this (2 days longer than I used to so I am getting a little more tolerant I brought in a very large hifi and treated them to Deep Purple with the odd break so I could tell them to **** off if they complained.

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 23:13   #7
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh, £600 + over time = teh win I believe

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 01:43   #8
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Rant Scale III

Intro : 3/10
Anger : 7/10
Justification : 8/10
Relevance : 1/10
Resolve : 6/10

25/50

Your rant shows signs of quality but loses its way quite regularly. You may find that your target audience really doesnt give a **** about gardening, so something more relevant could improve your chances of being a rantstar. Moanings about money is all fine and well if its your money, but when it belongs to a company, you have the oppurtunity to walk away and say "**** it". Your anger is well explained, but you sound too much like the arsehole boss we all dont wish to become. Room for improvement, but not without potential

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 04:11   #9
steve

steve is a jewel in the roughsteve is a jewel in the roughsteve is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Is this correct? Child labor laws should have prevented you working all night if it is.
its more of. im a sucker and the boss is sitting there almost crying begging me to fix the problem.

if he bothered to enfoce the laws he doesnt have to pay me anything but hes treated me very well and i volunteered to give up the time not realising how big it was job wise

edit: deffeh i want to be a lawyer i thought starting out as an arsehole now will get me ready for it but your right no one except for me does seem to give a shit about gardening on these forums

-retired 1up MO-
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 06:14   #10
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Maybe tree-hugging environmental law.
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 06:29   #11
steve

well tonigth shows how much of a sucker i am and how willing to help ppl i am.

its now light i have just finished mo duty. i mean i must be stupid to let someone convince me to play the game ffs.

-retired 1up MO-
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 06:51   #12
Cuddley_Battleship
Luminous Flux

Cuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these parts

At my job I get constantly yelled at by customers and bosses about not being able to do work that 5 people couldn't do, and then watch most of my co workers in others parts of the store talk and generally screw off for their entire shift and leave early.
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 08:58   #13
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

im glad to hear it worked out, £600 + £10 an hour at 16, youre sorted.
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 09:27   #14
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I dont really get why you quit in the first place. If you wanted to go to bed you should probably have just said so - I'm sure your boss wouldnt have minded under the circumstances (I assume he was appreciative of you helping).

But yeah, congrats on the payrise. And even more importantly, congrats on finding a job which you enjoy, and where your boss recognises and rewards your competance - your attitude seems pretty awesome and it was nice to see that it wasnt wasted. Try not to think about what happens to shit people though, they arent particularly important. You came out well and deservedly so - that's all that really matters.

Last edited by Nodrog; 19 Aug 2005 at 09:36.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 10:11   #15
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
Rant Scale III

Intro : 3/10
Anger : 7/10
Justification : 8/10
Resolve : 6/10

25/50

Your rant shows signs of quality but loses its way quite regularly. You may find that your target audience really doesnt give a **** about gardening, so something more relevant could improve your chances of being a rantstar. Moanings about money is all fine and well if its your money, but when it belongs to a company, you have the oppurtunity to walk away and say "**** it". Your anger is well explained, but you sound too much like the arsehole boss we all dont wish to become. Room for improvement, but not without potential
Intro : 1/10
Anger : 6/10
Justification : 2/10
Resolve : 1/10

Your rant on his rant shows no signs of quality at all. Infact his at least was an interesting read that most people can relate to, yours are mostly teenage angst that really needs to find a more appropriate outlet.
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 10:28   #16
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
its more of. im a sucker and the boss is sitting there almost crying begging me to fix the problem.

if he bothered to enfoce the laws he doesnt have to pay me anything but hes treated me very well and i volunteered to give up the time not realising how big it was job wise

edit: deffeh i want to be a lawyer i thought starting out as an arsehole now will get me ready for it but your right no one except for me does seem to give a shit about gardening on these forums
It's a situation myself and I know other people have been in. Employer hits a major problem that could cause a great deal of damage to the business, sucker employee saves their arse.

What you did was definately hard work and well and truely deserving of the bonuses.

Not nearly as intensive but I recall when we upgraded our network that runs all our point of sales systems we had major problems that would have meant not being able to run the business the next day. I spent until 4:00am fixing the problem, which meant I had been at work a total of 16 hours, 4 hours sleep then another full day of work, and I didn't even get overtime (strict no overtime policy).

As for gardens, unfortunately I'm too much of a brown thumb, plants usually die in my caire. However the irrigation system you mentioned interests me, I am fascinated with high pressure gas/water systems. Something I got into when manufacturing a spud gun.
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 10:40   #17
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
Intro : 1/10
Anger : 6/10
Justification : 2/10
Resolve : 1/10

Your rant on his rant shows no signs of quality at all. Infact his at least was an interesting read that most people can relate to, yours are mostly teenage angst that really needs to find a more appropriate outlet.
You forgot to put a total. TELL US THE FKING TOTAL!
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 10:47   #18
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
and I didn't even get overtime (strict no overtime policy).

Let me explain something to everyone about strict no overtime policies. It works two ways - if they dont pay it, you dont work it!

My company used to pay x1.5 overtime on saturday and x2 on sunday, then when we bought out and integrated another company that started paying x1.3 and x1.5 respectively. So I stopped doing overtime. My time is worth more than that at weekends.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 10:54   #19
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTester
Let me explain something to everyone about strict no overtime policies. It works two ways - if they dont pay it, you dont work it!
It depends what kind of job you're doing.
My official hours are 09:00-17:30, i.e. a 37.5 hour week, but I know that, at least when I actually know what I'm doing and at busy periods I could well go over the EUs 48-hour ruling. When you add the 2-3 hours a night revision and 10 hours a weekend in, it all makes for a tired Stew
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 14:36   #20
steve

Quote:
As for gardens, unfortunately I'm too much of a brown thumb, plants usually die in my caire. However the irrigation system you mentioned interests me, I am fascinated with high pressure gas/water systems. Something I got into when manufacturing a spud gun.
we have two sets of water which basically are needed each day to water the 100 acres irrigation system. the over is a huge water tank which is around 10 meter diameter and the same in height. refilling from a seperate mains system

simple rule is that you have it divided into around 10 sections. one of these is the retail the rest are on the back area. each section must have at least 5 beds on at one time. no less. you can have more but it will reuce pressure slightly. we usually use around 10 at a time. so you can imagine the amount of pressure going through the system when you have only 4 beds turned on. it doesnt stop for the valves we have it just takes them out and takes out the any other week piping,

-retired 1up MO-
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 15:11   #21
djbass
mmm.. pills

What I don't understand about all of that is why is there a constant backpressure in the first place?

Is it a gravity fed system or pump?

It seems silly to me that the system can't be shut off alltogether, and surely a system like this should have some sort of pressure release or blow-off valve to prevent such a thing happening.

If these are solid metal valves blowing that seems an insane amount of PSI running through your system even if there is a lot of area to cover.

Also, unrelated, but do you have some form of instant release electric solenoid valve? As I said, I once was working on a pneumatic spud canon, but the problem was always in finding a valve that could release a large volume of highly compressed air in a second or less, I found most solenoid based valves had some sort of filter in them that reduced the airflow capacity, in the end I resorted to a simple hand-operated valve.
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 15:17   #22
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Someone at the BBC reads this forum.

'discuss'
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 15:25   #23
steve

Quote:
What I don't understand about all of that is why is there a constant backpressure in the first place?

Is it a gravity fed system or pump?

It seems silly to me that the system can't be shut off alltogether, and surely a system like this should have some sort of pressure release or blow-off valve to prevent such a thing happening.

If these are solid metal valves blowing that seems an insane amount of PSI running through your system even if there is a lot of area to cover.

Also, unrelated, but do you have some form of instant release electric solenoid valve? As I said, I once was working on a pneumatic spud canon, but the problem was always in finding a valve that could release a large volume of highly compressed air in a second or less, I found most solenoid based valves had some sort of filter in them that reduced the airflow capacity, in the end I resorted to a simple hand-operated valve.
lol this system was made by a bunch of garderners it was never going to be good it just does the job needed.

all valves are plastic. yes its a gravity pull into the pipes which then fill extrodinarily fast. there are two large metal valves by the tank which turn everything off completly these stop all water no matter what pressure. however that needs to be done before the water hits the plastic valves and cripples them. therres no pressure release except back into the tank which isnt great. the effect is what would look like a fire hydrant knocked over with the jet of water into the air

-retired 1up MO-
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 19:01   #24
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Clearly the problem with Britain is that big faceless companies arent getting enough out of their workers.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote