User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Jul 2005, 18:27   #1
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough
So I'm taking an internet based Economics class....

So it's a required course, they say.
You must take it, they say.
You have to have 3 hours of ECON credits, they say.

**** THEM.

I don't like economics, we don't mix.
I fly. It's what I do.
Leave the economics to people smarter than me, that's what I say.

However, in the pursuit of my BS in Aviation Sciences, I must endure the ECON.

So I walk into class the first day, get the syllabus, and in walks the most bowlegged, homosexual, and generally goofy looking man I've ever seen.

"Hi!" says he, "I'm Dr. O. M. Amos. I teach this course."

No shit, thinks I, you teach this course? How do you teach this course if it's internet based?

"First of all," says he, "If any of you ask me a question that is on the syllabus, I'll deduct points from your grade because I don't have time to answer questions that can be found right in front of you."

No shit, thinks I, What better things do you have in your time slots? Not teaching, because this is an internet based course. So you sit on your ass all day and then copy our grades into the system at the end of the semester. How time consuming.

So he goes on to tell us about the system we will be using and how it works. Simple enough.

"Oh wait," says he, "You all need to goto the bookstore and buy usernames and passwords to get into the system. Thats all, see you on Exam date #1."

So I mozy along to the bookstore, grab the packet, and unfortunately don't pay attention to the price. Goto check out and I hear, "That'll be $67.50, sir."

"Pardon me," says I, "but I think you might have gotten the price wrong on that."

"No sir, this is the ECON password packet, $67.50 sir."

"This mother****er better be lined in gold." Says I.

"I doubt it." she says.

So I go home, open the packet and theres two pieces of paper in there.

I decide to log onto the system and then I wanted to find the Dr. O. M. Amos and strangle him.

What's his site called? - AmosWeb

http://www.amosweb.com, in fact if any of you are bored.

So I study and study, and the first test date comes along. In walks Dr. O. M. Amos, with a look on his face that clearly says,

"I just made you twats pay $67.50 for two pieces of paper and I'm making more money than the President. It's called AmosWeb too, ha ha ha. I'm Clever."

I just wanted to punch him and wipe the look off his face. I make a 60 on the test.

----------------------------------AmosWeb Excerpt-------------------------------------------------------

Second, the direction of the price change is based on the curve that DOES NOT shift.
A change in demand causes price and quantity to change in the same direction. An increase in demand causes price and quantity to BOTH increase and a decrease in demand causes price and quantity to BOTH decrease. The reason is that the old and new equilibria are BOTH on the original supply curve, which operates according to the law of supply. In other words, the demand curve is merely shifting along the existing supply curve, which is governed by the direct relation between price and quantity that is the law of supply.

A change in supply causes price and quantity to change in the opposite direction. An increase in supply causes price to decrease and quantity to increase and a decrease in supply causes price to increase and quantity to decrease. The reason is that the old and new equilibria are BOTH on the original demand curve, which operates according to the law of demand. In other words, the supply curve is merely shifting along the existing demand curve, which is governed by the inverse relation between price and quantity that is the law of demand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that isn't exactly the hardest dialogue to decipher, but I don't like economics, so it makes it that much harder for me to digest.

My question to GD: Is it ethical for people like Dr. O. M. Amos to charge people that much money for people to use his system? I can certainly think of a better way to spend $67.50 online....

(http://www.leshygonewild.com)

Anyway, I digress. So Test #4 is monday, and here I am studying. Plotting ways to take my revenge on Dr. O. M. Amos.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 18:43   #2
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: So I'm taking an internet based Economics class....

Quote:
Originally Posted by QazokRouge5
My question to GD: Is it ethical for people like Dr. O. M. Amos to charge people that much money for people to use his system?
Simple answer is yes. It's called supply and demand.

It isn't any different than many profs who require you to buy their gawd awful text books for a class.

Just keep at it and get through it. Wheter or not it makes sense, you have to get through it to get where you want to go.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 18:48   #3
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

so you're doing gcse economics then?
as part of your degree in aviation sciences (what is that btw)?
what the hell is wrong with your country's education system?
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 19:51   #4
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
----------------------------------AmosWeb Excerpt-------------------------------------------------------

Second, the direction of the price change is based on the curve that DOES NOT shift.
A change in demand causes price and quantity to change in the same direction. An increase in demand causes price and quantity to BOTH increase and a decrease in demand causes price and quantity to BOTH decrease. The reason is that the old and new equilibria are BOTH on the original supply curve, which operates according to the law of supply. In other words, the demand curve is merely shifting along the existing supply curve, which is governed by the direct relation between price and quantity that is the law of supply.

A change in supply causes price and quantity to change in the opposite direction. An increase in supply causes price to decrease and quantity to increase and a decrease in supply causes price to increase and quantity to decrease. The reason is that the old and new equilibria are BOTH on the original demand curve, which operates according to the law of demand. In other words, the supply curve is merely shifting along the existing demand curve, which is governed by the inverse relation between price and quantity that is the law of demand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What a ridiculously complicated way to explain the laws of supply and demand. I feel sorry for you mate, especially sorry for those who are forced to study advanced economics from this quite obviously shitty website.
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 20:00   #5
Che
Lifelong Student

Che is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm.... sounds sorta like the guy I had in uni for economics.... He put all of his notes on the web... on the last week that is. For a lecture-based module, he turned up to the first week of twelve. ti was made up of 2 hour lectures that started at 6pm. Didn't see him after that but still managed 65% for the module....

Last edited by Che; 15 Jul 2005 at 20:02. Reason: typo
Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2005, 01:43   #6
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

That payment trick sounds terrible, and those paragraphs sounded even worse. Move to a country with free education
Unread 16 Jul 2005, 09:09   #7
SepH
no

SepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to behold

www.Leshygonewild.com: page not found

Your teacher sounds like a complete asshole though, just complete the course and get it over with.
SepH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2005, 13:46   #8
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
I did my degree in Economics, they charged me a grand a year every year for 3 years. There were good aspects to the courset. With my shiny 1st in an Economics degree I managed to get a job as an accountant.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2005, 13:47   #9
KraKto$is8
Lurker

KraKto$is8 is infamous around these parts

That's the most horrificly complicated explanation of such a simple concept that I've ever seen...
Unread 16 Jul 2005, 23:01   #10
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like the way they charged him $67.50 to learn about PED.

Jokes on you.
Unread 16 Jul 2005, 23:37   #11
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

I think its fairly ****ing unethical for him to threathen to deduct points from your score if he doesn't like your questions.

Im not sure what country you live in but id have stood up and screamed

'TRY THAT YOU **** AND ILL REPORT YOU TO EVERY ****ING EDUCATION AUTHORITY I CAN FIND ON THE FIRST PAGE OF GOOGLE'

btw lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shittywebsite
WELCOME to AmosWEB
Economics with a touch of Whimsy!
Unread 16 Jul 2005, 23:41   #12
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

wtf?

http://www.amosweb.com/cgi-bin/pdg.p...Of+IMMIGRATION

this him?

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...3Doff%26sa%3DN
Unread 16 Jul 2005, 23:49   #13
Nusselt
share the <3

btw was it a good idea to hotlink to his website?
Unread 18 Jul 2005, 03:36   #14
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

Yeah thats the twat about 20 years earlier, and i could care less about hotlinking his shit site.

"A touch of Whimsy!"

Fag.
Quote:
Unread 18 Jul 2005, 03:37   #15
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
so you're doing gcse economics then?
as part of your degree in aviation sciences (what is that btw)?
what the hell is wrong with your country's education system?
I'm a pilot, so aviation sciences has to do with the properties of flight, weather, etc.
Quote:
Unread 18 Jul 2005, 05:21   #16
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I'm a pilot, so aviation sciences has to do with the properties of flight, weather, etc.
heh, you have no idea how much i envy you. I wanted to be a pilot for years, but by the time i was 15 i was too tall to fit into cockpits :\ . So instead, i decided to do something that i am good at rather than something that i love - and that is Economics .

I found that description about S&D curves fairly straightforward. indeed, i have seen far worse. :\

The reason why you might be taught the basics of economics, is that at the end of the day everything costs money. You wont be a pilot forever, and if you are any good you'll be promoted to a management level - and the economics will be important there (if you can remember any of it).

But i wish you all the best of luck, and have fun whilst you are at it.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2005, 05:37   #17
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
heh, you have no idea how much i envy you. I wanted to be a pilot for years, but by the time i was 15 i was too tall to fit into cockpits :\ . So instead, i decided to do something that i am good at rather than something that i love - and that is Economics .

I found that description about S&D curves fairly straightforward. indeed, i have seen far worse. :\

The reason why you might be taught the basics of economics, is that at the end of the day everything costs money. You wont be a pilot forever, and if you are any good you'll be promoted to a management level - and the economics will be important there (if you can remember any of it).

But i wish you all the best of luck, and have fun whilst you are at it.

Thanks mate, i love it. I never dread going to work. I can see where it would be usefulto know it but I'm just stubborn.
Quote:
Unread 18 Jul 2005, 15:56   #18
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

To be fair, I think hes pretty good at economics himself if he just dicked you for nearly $70 on a shitty username and password, heh.