User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 18:26   #1
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Yahwe's Dinner Party Menu

This thread does exactly what it says on the tin!

Now

1. Pre-Food Nibbles

Fizz and caviar, caviar is served on blinis with sour cream and optional lemon wedges

2. Starter

A thick onion soup, with red peppers, chili, and paprika. I'm serving this in individual hollowed out round granary rolls. inside the roll i'm putting strips of flash fried lambs liver then pouring the soup over and serving.

served with a good robust 2000 Chianti which should compliment the chilli

3. Main Course

A nice Roast Chicken, stuffed with sausage meat and bramley apple (involves me getting my hands messy ), buttered under the breast skin to give a nice golden crisp skin.
Potatoes nd good thick carrots roasted in goose fat
Steamed just harvested broccoli (i'm in a bit of a broccoli phase atm)
with a rich gravy obviously

now. i'm serving this with quite a light flowery white burgundy.

4. Pudding

Fresh English strawberries with jersey cream and on little home made meringues (which come to think of it i should start preparing ...)

served with a sauterne

5. Cheese

I never eat cheese so i just got some stilton, some goats cheese and a hard sheep cheese i would have to go look at to remember what it's called.

obviously port

Now

One of my guests has just broken up with a girlfriend of 2 years and i am terribly fond of him, so i tailored the menu to be simple, homely and comforting.

I want you all to reassure me that this is a good warming comforting meal.
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 18:41   #2
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Yahwe's Dinner Party Menu

oh it's manchego btw for those who worry

Last edited by Yahwe; 2 Jul 2005 at 18:59.
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 18:44   #3
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

that seems like a lot of work stephen why not just order a pizza instead.
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 18:49   #4
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
that seems like a lot of work stephen why not just order a pizza instead.
"The way to a man's heart is through his stomach"
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 18:51   #5
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
Are you sure you're rich?

It doesn't look like it.
usually i serve gold bars with a side of diamonds washed down with a barrel or two of crude oil.
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 18:54   #6
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

just take them out to a restaurant
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 19:21   #7
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
usually i serve gold bars with a side of diamonds washed down with a barrel or two of crude oil.
This doesn't sound very homey but it might be comforting. All in all though, I'd stick with the first menu however. Maybe add some deep fried asparagus.
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 19:52   #8
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Carrots roasted in goose fat?

You sick sick person you!
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 19:57   #9
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

im all hungry now :|
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 20:05   #10
Spiderman

Quote:
3. Main Course

A nice Roast Chicken, stuffed with sausage meat and Yahwe's Cum (involves me getting my hands messy ), buttered under the breast skin to give a nice golden crisp skin.

Unread 2 Jul 2005, 20:29   #11
sword

sword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these parts

Just missing some chips.
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 20:52   #12
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society

Hmm...Daddy.. or chips?

Daddy or chips... daddy or chips... daddy or chips... daddy or chips... daddy or chips... daddy or chips... daddy or chips... daddy or chips... daddy or chips... daddy or chips... daddy or chips...?

Daddy, I miss you, come to Oxford.
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 22:51   #13
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't care what you say, but white burgundy is piss, has always been piss, and will always be piss.
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 01:14   #14
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I had chilli con carne for dinner.

I expect people care as muich about that as hearing about your extravagant dinner, Yahwe.

Sorry.

The difference, I guess, is that I took 30 seconds to write this.

You probably took at least 5 minutes writing yours and sharing that information with us.
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 01:38   #15
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I had chilli con carne for dinner.

I expect people care as muich about that as hearing about your extravagant dinner, Yahwe.

Sorry.

The difference, I guess, is that I took 30 seconds to write this.

You probably took at least 5 minutes writing yours and sharing that information with us.
are you and yahwe going to bitch at each other constantly after that divs thread?

just want a "heads up", yknow.

<3
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 01:42   #16
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

we're ordering in pizza.

but that sounds like a nice dinner yahwe
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 01:44   #17
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
are you and yahwe going to bitch at each other constantly after that divs thread?

just want a "heads up", yknow.

<3
His "I am posh and rich, look at me" niche is getting very tedious.

You'd think for a god, he'd have more substance to him.

Unread 3 Jul 2005, 01:49   #18
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

so thats a "yes" then?
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 01:58   #19
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Somehow I like reading classy dinner menus, it's relaxing and make my mind temporary enter the cozy atmosphere of a good kitchen.
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 02:16   #20
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I find the more expensive a menu gets, the worse the food is.

I searched that menu for something I would qualify as food, the roast chicken barely scrapped in. Who stuffs meat... with more meat?
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 03:04   #21
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass

I searched that menu for something I would qualify as food, the roast chicken barely scrapped in. Who stuffs meat... with more meat?
In the southern portion of the US they have a dish called turducken. It consists of taking a boned chiken and stuffing it into a boned duck and then stuffing both of them in a boned turkey. It is then slow roasted. It is then supposed to be carved in such a manner as to give a portion of each fowl in each serving.

For me, the fowl could be respelled foul and the turducken could be shortened to turd. However, there are those who swear by it.
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 03:09   #22
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:

I resent that. i was trying to think of good homely dishes. the starter is a variation on a northern italian peasant classic !!

I just wanted my friend to see and smell nice simple dishes. things that made him think of family and comfort. it seemed to work btw because he went to bed whistling (admittedly he was whisteling springtime for hitler, but it's better than the morbid depression he might have sunk into)

he took the loss of this girl rather hard
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 03:11   #23
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
In the southern portion of the US they have a dish called turducken. It consists of taking a boned chiken and stuffing it into a boned duck and then stuffing both of them in a boned turkey. It is then slow roasted. It is then supposed to be carved in such a manner as to give a portion of each fowl in each serving.

For me, the fowl could be respelled foul and the turducken could be shortened to turd. However, there are those who swear by it.
heh.

it's a variant on a medieval english dish that has 7 birds within birds. the person who gets the widgeon being considered lucky.

i've always always always wanted to do it. but i bet you i'd **** up if i had to bone the birds myself and good butchers are getting harder to find
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 03:13   #24
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
...liver... Chianti
where are the farva beans?
We shall remember them.
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 03:13   #25
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I don't care what you say, but white burgundy is piss, has always been piss, and will always be piss.
i didn't want anything to over powering and i'm very very very bad on whites.

I couldn't get any gerwurtz (the only white wine i like, i get acid indegestion you see) and the only other white i know is like a nursery rhyme "sancere goes with seafood" "sancere goes with seafood"

i'm embarrassingly bad with wine.

it's being a gin drinker wot does it
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 03:17   #26
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer
Hmm...Daddy.. or chips?

Daddy or chips... daddy or chips... daddy or chips... daddy or chips... daddy or chips... daddy or chips... daddy or chips... daddy or chips... daddy or chips... daddy or chips... daddy or chips...?

Daddy, I miss you, come to Oxford.
i do miss you terribly. life has been bizare.
this dp was in my new country pad: i've flitted around most of london, just sold a pile and can't really decide what to do.

hide here, don't hide here, buy in london again, join the rat race, live quietly, become alcoholic.

i just can't decide.

i watch your progress as best i can. and i'm proud you've carried through and kept with your ambitions. (i'd still like to see you do something with physics at maggers )
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 03:26   #27
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusselt
just take them out to a restaurant
ah ha! see this is living proof why dinner parties are better. it only ended with my first reply to this thread. i am wonderfully full, merry, happy and crouched on my bed using wireless because one of my guests is on the sofa bed in my study.

dinner parties are so much more civilised.
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 03:37   #28
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I resent that. i was trying to think of good homely dishes. the starter is a variation on a northern italian peasant classic !!
Heh, don't take it in a bad way, I suppose it depends on your culture and upbringing.

Lets start with the starters (ho ho), caviar is so cliche, supposed to be a delicacy. Though lets be honest, fish eggs hardly come across as looking or smelling appetising, unless I suppose you are used to eating them. I have to admit I've never tried them, but I'm afraid whether I were to consider them the best thing I've ever had or not, there's no way you'll ever get fish eggs down my gullet

The soup sort of sounds ok, I'm not real big on onions, but depending on how it's made onion soup can be nice at times. The added spices would probably help to hide the overpowering onion flavour a bit I suppose. It's the lambs liver though that puts me off this dish, again livers and pate's are supposed to be all the rage in upper class circles, but frankly it's yet another food substance I would have difficulty keeping down.

I was being deliberately harsh on the roast chicken, infact I rather suspect this would be a fine meal, it's just an unusual preperation and I've never heard of it being made this way before. Infact, I reckon I'd like a gander at the 7 birds in one dish as well, sounds fun.

The pudding (does this really qualify as pudding though?), would actually be ok as well, but I find meringue too rich for my taste, it is almost literally one big lump of sugar. I'm also not a fan of light deserts, especially ones with a heavy focus on cream, give me a chocolate mud cake anyday.

Lastly, the cheese thing, this is more a British thing I think. I usually prefer my cheese on or in something, or at the very least cooked. Serving it as a course on its own doesn't appeal to me much. Though I do as stated previously have a fondness for camembert.
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 03:46   #29
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:

Lets start with the starters (ho ho), caviar is so cliche, supposed to be a delicacy. Though lets be honest, fish eggs hardly come across as looking or smelling appetising, unless I suppose you are used to eating them. I have to admit I've never tried them, but I'm afraid whether I were to consider them the best thing I've ever had or not, there's no way you'll ever get fish eggs down my gullet
see. i love caviar i wish very very much that it cost 2p so i could eat it alllllllllll the time. it also reminds me of christmas and happy times. same with champagne (fizz) so that's why i went for the cliché
(caviar also used to be peasent food. oh those lucky lucky peasents)

Quote:
The soup sort of sounds ok, I'm not real big on onions, but depending on how it's made onion soup can be nice at times. The added spices would probably help to hide the overpowering onion flavour a bit I suppose. It's the lambs liver though that puts me off this dish, again livers and pate's are supposed to be all the rage in upper class circles, but frankly it's yet another food substance I would have difficulty keeping down.
i like offal, i suppose it's an exposure thing. i picked the dish because it's the favourite of tough italian farmhands and i thought it would be comforting and filling. and with the chilli - a bit of fire in the belly does you good
with a nice strong wine it sought of declared openness and warmth

Quote:
I was being deliberately harsh on the roast chicken, infact I rather suspect this would be a fine meal, it's just an unsual preperation and I've never heard of it being made this way before. Infact, I reckon I'd like a gander at the 7 birds in one dish as well, sounds fun.
a good simple english roast. i guessed that few englishmen can eat it without being reminded of long past family luncheons

Quote:
The pudding (does this really qualify as pudding though?), would actually be ok as well, but I find meringue too rich for my taste, it is almost literally one big lump of sugar. I'm also not a fan of light deserts, especially ones with a heavy focus on cream, give me a chocolate mud cake anyday.
i know i was a bit lazy
but miringues are really hard (for me) and the strawberries came from where my friend grew up.

Quote:
Lastly, the cheese thing, this is more a British thing I think. I usually prefer my cheese on or in something, or at the very least cooked. Serving it as a course on its own doesn't appeal to me much. Though I do as stated previously have a fondness for camembert.
i just drank the port and nibbled a few slices of apple, but some people find cheese comforting (he's also used to formal dinning so i couldn't really leave it out)
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 03:52   #30
Yahwe
I am.

i even offered a savoury of anchovy toast

but i dare say you people are too young to remember savouries (or anchovy butter for that matter)
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 10:48   #31
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
i didn't want anything to over powering and i'm very very very bad on whites.

I couldn't get any gerwurtz (the only white wine i like, i get acid indegestion you see) and the only other white i know is like a nursery rhyme "sancere goes with seafood" "sancere goes with seafood"

i'm embarrassingly bad with wine.

it's being a gin drinker wot does it
Sancerre is a very good (albeit safe) choice for a white. Personally I am someone where if the wine isn't bone dry i don't really like it too much. The vogue for chardonnay sickens me, and i'm glad you avoided it.

I didn't notice you also chose Chianti but that was a pretty solid option, so all is not lost.
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 10:58   #32
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Liver is awesome, some years ago I couldn't even think of eating animal organs. Then I had some goose liver in France, that stuff is delicious.
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 12:42   #33
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
i do miss you terribly. life has been bizare.
this dp was in my new country pad: i've flitted around most of london, just sold a pile and can't really decide what to do.

hide here, don't hide here, buy in london again, join the rat race, live quietly, become alcoholic.

i just can't decide.

i watch your progress as best i can. and i'm proud you've carried through and kept with your ambitions. (i'd still like to see you do something with physics at maggers )
Come and see me in Oxford

I'm still at Keble for the graduate thing, but I'm not living in college so it doesn't make a huge difference. Did I tell you they made me De Breyne Scholar? Oh yes, I rock
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 16:44   #34
dda
USS Oklahoma

Liver. When I was a child I loved chicken livers but had to dip them in ketchup. Then I discovered that the ketchup tasted better if it wasn't mucked up with liver in it. Then I found out what a liver WAS. There is no going back.

(aside) This decision is not farm (firm) though change is not ite (out). To be parfectly (perfectly) honest there is always rum (room) for change though there would be a lowt (lot) of drinking invulved (involved).

Last edited by dda; 3 Jul 2005 at 16:54. Reason: aside
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 20:25   #35
edmoo
SuperTux!

edmoo is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a fan of keeping things simple and pleasing. Here My Menu:

Starter:
Fromage' a la Toast
Main Course:
Stew of whatever meat is cheapest at the supermarket.
Pudding:
Rice Pudding! Yay!

All served with water, or perhaps a cheap, pleasantish wine. Then you can eat fastish, and get on with enjoying each other company. I don't really have a very ditinguished pallet, though.

Of course, only serve food of reasonable quality, that has been produced in health/humane conditions, and only serve humanly killed meat. Vegitarians can rehtink their moral values during the main course, and concider that it is in fact a *good* idea to encourage knidly, hamane farming, rather than overlooking meat alltogether. Then you can have philophical discussion about meat consumption! Yeah!
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 21:05   #36
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmoo
and only serve humanly killed meat.

As opposed to that which has been hunted and slaughtered by rampant rabbits?

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 21:06   #37
edmoo
SuperTux!

of course, what else would I be talking about?
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 21:49   #38
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

what, no cum on toast?
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 21:52   #39
edmoo
SuperTux!

no... I don't like to eat toast.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 03:32   #40
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

dinner sounds about right, but I'd do the main course with a proper piece of poultry or no poultry at all
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 03:40   #41
Yahwe
I am.

it was a whole organic chicken from a local farm, still moist with it's own juices and blood.

what is proper poultry in tulip land exactly?
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 03:42   #42
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

duck, goose, even turkey, maybe even ostrich, 'kwartel' (google it yourself for a translation)
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 03:44   #43
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
duck, goose, even turkey, maybe even ostrich, 'kwartel' (google it yourself for a translation)
why not chicken?

(you're gonna lose this one you know.)
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 04:28   #44
dda
USS Oklahoma

Several years ago, in a nearby town, the police arrested a man for buggering a duck whiled parked in his car. I haven't had any duck since. I guess it was once a large problem in this area as there was a sign posted on a willow tree in the middle of a pond in a local park. The sign read "DO NOT MOLEST THE DUCKS."
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 04:31   #45
Yahwe
I am.

i thought the redneck's shagged chickens too

nevertheless i find myself able to eat all birds, the dutchman's list was hardly exhaustive, indeed i am having swann on saturday
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 04:34   #46
dda
USS Oklahoma

Small redneck children will often train on chickens but a full grown rednect requires a duck at minimum. I have heard that the English prefer humming birds.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 04:39   #47
Yahwe
I am.

having stuffed by hand both a duck and a chicken: i would have thought the chicken more 'roomy'. (i can't believe i am discussing this)
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 04:45   #48
dda
USS Oklahoma

I will defer to your more intimate knowledge. You are the cantry gentleman.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 07:46   #49
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
having stuffed by hand both a duck and a chicken: i would have thought the chicken more 'roomy'. (i can't believe i am discussing this)
it is, but then duck meat, being darker, has a stronger flavour. really Duck would need to be prepared with a stronger sauce anyway.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 08:00   #50
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

I guess this is all over now, but I will make a few criticisms which I hope you find useful in future (I do alot of this entertaining thing)
Quote:
This thread does exactly what it says on the tin!

Now

1. Pre-Food Nibbles

Fizz and caviar, caviar is served on blinis with sour cream and optional lemon wedges
no too bad, though I don't bother with pre-food nibbles.
Quote:
2. Starter

A thick onion soup, with red peppers, chili, and paprika. I'm serving this in individual hollowed out round granary rolls. inside the roll i'm putting strips of flash fried lambs liver then pouring the soup over and serving.

served with a good robust 2000 Chianti which should compliment the chilli
while the Chianti is fine for the chilli (I commend you on your choice of vintage by the way. 1997, 1999 and 2000 are all rather good. must be the global warming) and even the soup as a whole, in general it is best to beware of strong flavours as a starter, unless the rest of the meal is even stronger, in order to avoid overloading the pallete. one option if you really want to do this, is to serve a refresher inbetween the two, something like a light lemon or melon sorbet would go down really well here. It doesn't have to be big, just freshen the mouth up after all that liver, onion and red wine. Also bear in mind that it is summer, something like that could be a bit heavy - though I am thinking European weather here, it is probably crap and miserable in the UK.
Quote:
3. Main Course

A nice Roast Chicken, stuffed with sausage meat and bramley apple (involves me getting my hands messy ), buttered under the breast skin to give a nice golden crisp skin.

how did you do the gravy? and as for the potatoes, I hope you remembered to boil them first. best way to roast potatoes is to boil them, then empty out the water and shake the pan a bit to roughen up the edges, salt them and cover them in fat and put them in the oven.
Quote:
4. Pudding

Fresh English strawberries with jersey cream and on little home made meringues (which come to think of it i should start preparing ...)

served with a sauterne
not too bad. I did something fairly similar this very weekend. a shortbread base, with meringue around the edge to make the lip, dotted with flaked almonds, and filled with whipped cream and strawberries. Sadly I can't get good cream here. the supermarkets don't do anything more sophisticated than "schlagsahne"
Quote:
5. Cheese

I never eat cheese so i just got some stilton, some goats cheese and a hard sheep cheese i would have to go look at to remember what it's called.

obviously port
of course, this is a bit better, getting the stronger flavours towards the end.
Quote:

Now

One of my guests has just broken up with a girlfriend of 2 years and i am terribly fond of him, so i tailored the menu to be simple, homely and comforting.

I want you all to reassure me that this is a good warming comforting meal.
in general it is good, though I would have put a sorbet between the starter and main course, and tried to avoid so many strong things, especially since it is summer. nice choice with the Chianti, though I would have had a heavier wine with the main course, and I hope you did those potatoes properly. 8/10, just from the text anyway.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Closed Thread