User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 7 Nov 2005, 17:20   #1
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Apparently Americans Are Fat And Lazy

this is a 'halloween thread', but i've been busy lately.

We moved into a house last summer. we share it with someone else, but we have the front door/front porch etc, so come halloween, we figured on having trick or treaters. Especially because our neighborhood is loaded with kiddies of the candy procuring age. Anyway. We bought tons of candy. We were prepared. And on the appointed hour, they came out in force; up and down our street.

But not to our door.

In fact, not to any door on our side of the street. Curious behavior. Talking with our neighbor, it turns out our side of the street never gets action. You see, there is a slight hill going down to the street on our side, and as a result, the houses on our side have ~4 more steps up to the front doors on average than the houses on the other side

'fat' and 'lazy'.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 17:26   #2
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Apparently Americans Are Fat And Lazy

i loathe your country for infesting the pure heritage of my land with this blatant begging. Trick or ****ing treat, HOW ABOUT I ****ING RAPE YOU. I give them sweets they throw them on the floor and run off in search of money. ****s.

you should advertise sweets with higher sugar content to offset the calorie defecit
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 17:33   #3
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I gave a couple of them a pringle each on halloween, and the ungrateful little bastards shoved them back through the letterbox.

In my day I would have been happy with a pringle (not that I ever went trick or treating).
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 17:42   #4
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

in Croydon their were kids standing in the middle of the high street with their hands out for sweets in the middle of the day at the beginning of October.

Never seen that anywhere else before.

None of the little shits came to our house though.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 18:19   #5
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
'fat' and 'lazy'.
First of all, I will note that this condemnation comes from someone who took an entire week to work up the enegy to post a halloween thread.

However, bypassing that, I would chalk it up to efficiency rather than sloth.

When I was a kid, my house was on one side of the stree and on the other side of the street was a railroad track. No one, not even me bothered to trick or treat on my block as it was a waste of precious time. The next block over had houses on both sides and we regularly started there so that we could get to the most houses with the fewest possible steps thus meaning that we got more candy during the 2-21/2 hours that we had to procure our hoard.

Walking up the extra steps would cut down on the toatal take for the night. Enterprising young capitalists of course want to maximize their return on their investment.
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 18:21   #6
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Apparently Americans Are Fat And Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
this is a 'halloween thread', but i've been busy lately.

We moved into a house last summer. we share it with someone else, but we have the front door/front porch etc, so come halloween, we figured on having trick or treaters. Especially because our neighborhood is loaded with kiddies of the candy procuring age. Anyway. We bought tons of candy. We were prepared. And on the appointed hour, they came out in force; up and down our street.

But not to our door.
Is it a duplex? Multiple family dwellings are generally poor pickings for trick-or-treaters, especially when they have a shared entrance. You have to go through an outer door, which sometimes is locked, and then buzz the individual units, who often won't answer. They also tend to have a higher proportion of single/childless residents who are less likely to be home. It seems counterintuitive, but you end up wasting more time for fewer treats at mutlple family units. It's all about time management.

There's also the problem with crossing the street--most parents won't let their children cross the street except at a corner, so they have to work one side of the street at the time. When they get to the corner, they have more options then simply coming back on the other side of the street.

I walked ten blocks with my daughter and we only hit both sides of the same street once (Summit Avenue, the motherlode of St. Paul trick-or-treating).
Quote:
In fact, not to any door on our side of the street. Curious behavior. Talking with our neighbor, it turns out our side of the street never gets action. You see, there is a slight hill going down to the street on our side, and as a result, the houses on our side have ~4 more steps up to the front doors on average than the houses on the other side
My street has a similar behavior. Our side of the street, which faces south, is mostly large single-family homes with big porches and we gets tons of trick-or-treaters. The other side of the street, which faces north, is mostly duplexes, fourplexes and apartment buildings--they get virtually no trick-or-treaters.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 18:22   #7
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
First of all, I will note that this condemnation comes from someone who took an entire week to work up the enegy to post a halloween thread.
Can someone load the :iceburn: smiley so i can edit this post with it, thanks.
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 19:03   #8
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
in Croydon their were kids standing in the middle of the high street with their hands out for sweets in the middle of the day at the beginning of October.

Never seen that anywhere else before.
Why has Croydon been such a GD hot topic recently?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 19:05   #9
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
i see my fatness and laziness as only further proving my point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
Is it a duplex?.
nope. it's a straight up house, and the front door is unshared (other tenant uses the back door). and the other houses on its side are single family.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 19:10   #10
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Because I moved here and feel the need to moan about it at every oppertunity.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 20:44   #11
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

they come to the door here , they respect what they get and they sing as soon as you open the door.

"Hop tu Naa , me mothers gone away , she wont be back until another day"

Its quite sweet really. The other half , coming from Liverpool, was shocked, she figured theyd have knives or bats, or at least a loaded weapon.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 21:00   #12
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

here in glasgow a boy knocked on our door and asked if we had any crisps. I felt sorry for him and gave him some skips. come to think of it it was in may so wtf was he doing lol?
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 21:15   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
here in glasgow a boy knocked on our door and asked if we had any crisps. I felt sorry for him and gave him some skips. come to think of it it was in may so wtf was he doing lol?
i dont kno lol

Maybe he was an enterprising young scamp, the kind which I hear tales of by the fire.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2005, 12:20   #14
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Apparently Americans Are Fat And Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
That's where all the GD orgies are now based.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2005, 17:57   #15
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Next year just throw fitness candy at their heads and hope they eat it and get even fatter

Last edited by Alessio; 8 Nov 2005 at 18:02.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote