User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 16 Oct 2005, 01:50   #1
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[Retard] Complaining about Threads/Posts

I'm fed up with it.

We never used to have people posting just to point out that a thread or post was shit.

One or two people have taken it upon themselves to simply post in threads solely to flame the person who made it.

I'm seeing so many posts now just saying "Well this thread is rubbish" or "I'd forgotten how rubbish this thread was!".

This isn't just about my threads. I've seen the "rubbish thread" posts in numerous threads by loads of other people.

I've posted a couple of links in a few of my threads. They aren't to everyone's taste, but I have received some pos-reps for them, so obviously some people do like them.

If you think it's rubbish, don't post.

That is what the rep is for. If you think it's rubbish, neg-rep. Don't bully people and criticise their threads.

This especially goes to Yahwe actually. You keep doing it - I'd say at least 1 in 3 of your posts within the last month have simply been insulting other people's threads or posts. It's quite petty, seeing as your threads have been nothing special anyway.

This might look a bit whiney and complainy (IT'S A WORD). It's something that needs to stop though, really. People are going to be a lot less inclined to post threads if they're worried about being criticised.

If a thread IS shit, then it'll get a couple of replies and then stop. It doesn't need a bunch of ****ing cockmunchers coming in going "HEY GUYS I'M GOING TO DECLARE THIS THREAD STUPID AND RUBBISH I'LL JUST GET OUT THE RUBBISH STAMP THERE WE GO BLAM IT'S RUBBISH I THINK YOU'LL ALL AGREE".

So stop it.

If you think a thread really is shit, then:
a) Don't post
b) Neg-rep if you feel it needs a neg-rep
c) Leave the thread and wait for it to enter the murky realms of page 2

ok?

Thanks.
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 01:53   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Retard] Complaining about Threads/Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Thanks.
You're welcome.
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 01:57   #3
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Actually

Shit threads (like this one) typically recieve just a handful of posts pointing out the fact that they are shit.

What is remarkable is that the really really awful threads are so shit that they seem to motivate everyone to post.

A thread as shit as this will just get a few posts saying "this is shit".

What is amazing is a thread like 'i challenge yahwe to a dual...' which is a page full of people posting "this is a shit thread"

so young tomkat you may post shit threads (and you do) but all you'll get is a few posts saying "you are shit"

A truly shit thread is so very shit that it makes us all want to say "this is shit" even if it has already been said.

So worry not. Your threads are shit. But they are only average for 'shitness'. A truly shit thread gets us all posting "this is shit" time and time again

With your threads once one person has posted "this is shit" there is no need for the rest of us to bother posting a reply
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 02:01   #4
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

GD was a lot more friendly and welcoming before you starting cocking around insulting and bullying people yahwe.

Maybe when it gets to the point where people aren't that keen on making threads because you love criticising them, then we'll see how shit GD is becoming.

I think most of the football threads are "shit" because I don't like football much. I don't go posting in each and every one going "this thread is shit!" though. I let it pass. I ignore them.
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 02:21   #5
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My personal opinion is that it's cool to destroy things (threads included) as long as you do it in a funny/original way.

At the moment i'm just not so sure Yahwe is being funny/original.

*shrug*
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 02:28   #6
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Lays his hand on TomKat's soldier.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 02:30   #7
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have difficulty saying "shoulder".

It's not so bad now.

When i was younger i'd always say "soldier" at my first attempt.

[/true story]
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 02:32   #8
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

95% of the threads on GD are shit.

95% of all conversations are shit.

95% of all fun from conversing with others is derived from these shit discussions.

This one may be shit but it is entertaining shit.

Shit happens.

I think I'll put that on a tee shirt.
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 02:32   #9
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

'warne' & 'vaughn' end up sounding the same when i try & utter them. for the soldier/shoulder thing, try an emphasis on 'ger' for the soldier & 'dur' for shoulder. (heh)
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 02:35   #10
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
My personal opinion is that it's cool to destroy things (threads included) as long as you do it in a funny/original way.

At the moment i'm just not so sure Yahwe is being funny/original.

*shrug*
I agree. It's ok now and again. When it's done over and over again, it loses the edge and just becomes deconstructive and malicious.

Silversmoke's "Kura joke", "Kura thread" were kind of amusing for a bit, but he keeps doing them so it's losing any kind of humour it had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
Lays his hand on TomKat's soldier.
Isn't "soldier" another word for "penis" ?
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 02:37   #11
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
95% of the threads on GD are shit.

95% of all conversations are shit.

95% of all fun from conversing with others is derived from these shit discussions.

This one may be shit but it is entertaining shit.

Shit happens.

I think I'll put that on a tee shirt.
To establish a formula, one must have at the barest minimum two nameable objects or quantities (call them A and B) and an operation that compares them. Such comparison must default to either = (which asserts the objects are the same) or <> (which asserts that they are not the same).

Since we don't know whether or not there is more than one nameable quantity, nor the nature of the comparisons, there can be only one nameable quantity which identifies whatever may or may not be contained within the system. I call this quantity "shit".

A similar analysis applied to the concept of a mathematical operation leads one to the conclusion that, in the absence of a definable operation on a system which may or may not be empty, one can only assert that at least one undefined operation may exist. Since the word "exists" fails to imply the dynamic nature inherent in a process as opposed to the simple concept of "being" which can be applied to an operation-free system, I define this operation with the word "happen."

By combining the concept of an undefinable quantity that may or may not exist within the system with the concept of an undefinable operation that may or may not occur within the system, we arrive quickly at the most fundamental of all logical statements that can be made about a system, even when nothing is known about the contents or processes that may be found therein:

"Shit happens."
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 02:38   #12
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
'warne' & 'vaughn' end up sounding the same when i try & utter them. for the soldier/shoulder thing, try an emphasis on 'ger' for the soldier & 'dur' for shoulder. (heh)

it might be a scouish thing *shrug*
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 04:24   #13
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute

Tomkat, I agree with you.

I remember to about 4 years back, this place was such a good laugh. Some of the most random posts would raise a laugh.

Now, we have people who are compensating for their lack of self worth, by acting as though GD is some sort of newspaper column.
If you wanna be like that, go lick a wrinkle bag and work for a magazine or something. Seriously, the complete gimpness (also a word) of some people around here amazes me. Get a grip.
Arachnidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 09:56   #14
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There's nothing inherently wrong with criticism of posters/posts/threads - but most of the time it misses the point somewhat. Ignoring a thread seems a much more powerful way of damning it then simply posting 'Kura thread'.

Having said that, those on the receiving end of criticism often seem to handle it poorly.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 11:10   #15
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

if it's a really really shit thread (like one of sigrids) then sometimes it needs someone to come out and say "look, this is shit".

If it's a thread that could be interesting, but the original post is somewhat lacking, then someone saying "this is a shit thread" or "old" isn't constructive.

Although comedy retorts are always welcome.

Maybe the mods need to close truly shit threads quicker so it doesn't seem like they're clogging up the board? There are some days where every new thread you click on is crap.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 11:21   #16
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Posting to agree with Tomkat seeing as i cant pos rep him .
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 12:02   #17
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Isn't "<insert any noun in the English language here>" another word for "penis" ?
Yes.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 12:02   #18
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

Hey, you can say shit?!?

what the ****?
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 12:03   #19
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

also posting to agree with tomkat as i think that really the criticism is getting a bit silly around here, it's becoming more and more like and old boys club, any hint of innovation or progress is instantly quashed by the same faces every time, which is a bit ridiculous really, I mean, its not as if this board is so busy it needs active moderation or anything, if you don't like something, ignore it.
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 14:08   #20
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
Actually

Shit threads (like this one) typically recieve just a handful of posts pointing out the fact that they are shit.

What is remarkable is that the really really awful threads are so shit that they seem to motivate everyone to post.

A thread as shit as this will just get a few posts saying "this is shit".

What is amazing is a thread like 'i challenge yahwe to a dual...' which is a page full of people posting "this is a shit thread"

so young tomkat you may post shit threads (and you do) but all you'll get is a few posts saying "you are shit"

A truly shit thread is so very shit that it makes us all want to say "this is shit" even if it has already been said.

So worry not. Your threads are shit. But they are only average for 'shitness'. A truly shit thread gets us all posting "this is shit" time and time again

With your threads once one person has posted "this is shit" there is no need for the rest of us to bother posting a reply
So your saying GD is full of shit?

Also can someone explain 'kura thread' to me?
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 14:51   #21
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This thread is shit but then so are yahwe posts so its all good.

on a totally random sidenote

Quote:
I'm meeting up with my two new flatmates tomorrow, so we all get to know each other a bit more before moving in. I'm bringing a couple of friends (probably Ray - 28 year old RE teacher, cool and dry
hehe

Last edited by Nodrog; 16 Oct 2005 at 14:59.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 16:22   #22
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

/sits on fence

I agree with everyone. Sort of.

In general, I disapprove of making entire posts to say "post/thread X is shit". Like Tomkat says, that's why we have neg rep. So people who don't understand the community here can give me -20 rep when the word 'negro' appears in one of my posts.

On the other hand, sometimes it is worth posting a specific complaint about a post or thread; for example, let's say someone isn't putting [football] tags on their football threads. If you just negrep them, they might think, 'oh yeah, that's just [person x] being a pedantic douche.' But by posting in the thread, people can find out that EVERYONE IN THE COMMUNITY AGREES. etc.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 16:32   #23
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
on a totally random sidenote

<excerpts from my livejournal>

hehe
?
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 17:44   #24
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

'Some' people need to be a little less 'precious' when it comes to being criticised
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 18:37   #25
Duncan
saint-ciboire de tabarnac

Duncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud of

Well this thread is priceless
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 21:15   #26
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
also posting to agree with tomkat as i think that really the criticism is getting a bit silly around here, it's becoming more and more like and old boys club, any hint of innovation or progress is instantly quashed by the same faces every time, which is a bit ridiculous really, I mean, its not as if this board is so busy it needs active moderation or anything, if you don't like something, ignore it.
Amen.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 21:34   #27
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

I've never understood why people flame in threads they don't like. The best way to kill a thread is not to post in it. When people flame in threads, other people reply to those flames, and the thread stays alive.

If you really don't like someone, don't reply to their threads. They'll soon get bored and leave the forums.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 21:37   #28
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
I've never understood why people flame in threads they don't like. The best way to kill a thread is not to post in it. When people flame in threads, other people reply to those flames, and the thread stays alive.

If you really don't like someone, don't reply to their threads. They'll soon get bored and leave the forums.
Maybe you should shut up you fat pimply asshole.
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 21:46   #29
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
'Some' people need to be a little less 'precious' when it comes to being criticised
'Some' people need to be a little less twatish when it comes to criticising.
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 22:39   #30
Tomkat

People agreeing with me in this thread makes me smile etc
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 23:00   #31
Arachnidman
You love me really

Down with Yahwe.

All hail Tomkat.
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 23:42   #32
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Quote:
Isn't "soldier" another word for "penis" ?
[/shoulder]
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 08:29   #33
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I agree with Tomkat, still it's funny to say 'kura thread' or 'kura post'

lol
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 08:36   #34
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I'm fed up with it.

We never used to have people posting just to point out that a thread or post was shit.

One or two people have taken it upon themselves to simply post in threads solely to flame the person who made it.

I'm seeing so many posts now just saying "Well this thread is rubbish" or "I'd forgotten how rubbish this thread was!".

This isn't just about my threads. I've seen the "rubbish thread" posts in numerous threads by loads of other people.

I've posted a couple of links in a few of my threads. They aren't to everyone's taste, but I have received some pos-reps for them, so obviously some people do like them.

If you think it's rubbish, don't post.
erm, I thought people posted "this thread is shit" and things for years. I certainly don'T see it being a new phenomenon.
Quote:
That is what the rep is for. If you think it's rubbish, neg-rep. Don't bully people and criticise their threads.
so rather than a public moan, you would prefer some snide unidentifiable "this thread is shit" post in your rep instead?
Quote:
This especially goes to Yahwe actually. You keep doing it - I'd say at least 1 in 3 of your posts within the last month have simply been insulting other people's threads or posts. It's quite petty, seeing as your threads have been nothing special anyway.

This might look a bit whiney and complainy (IT'S A WORD). It's something that needs to stop though, really. People are going to be a lot less inclined to post threads if they're worried about being criticised.
I think people are less inclined to post becaue of the neg rep thing to be honest, rather than having someone say "your thread is shit" in the thread itself. I mean if you don't know who it is that is complaining about you how can you react to it. At least when yahwe complains he puts his complaint well, and when he neg reps he signs it.
Quote:
If a thread IS shit, then it'll get a couple of replies and then stop. It doesn't need a bunch of ****ing cockmunchers coming in going "HEY GUYS I'M GOING TO DECLARE THIS THREAD STUPID AND RUBBISH I'LL JUST GET OUT THE RUBBISH STAMP THERE WE GO BLAM IT'S RUBBISH I THINK YOU'LL ALL AGREE".

So stop it.
you know, saying this in GD will get a load of "this thread is shit" responses.
Quote:
If you think a thread really is shit, then:
a) Don't post
b) Neg-rep if you feel it needs a neg-rep
c) Leave the thread and wait for it to enter the murky realms of page 2

ok?

Thanks.
I prefer people to just say what they thing.

so please people, if one of my posts or threads is shit, just say so.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 09:40   #35
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
erm, I thought people posted "this thread is shit" and things for years. I certainly don'T see it being a new phenomenon.
It's not. It's a cyclical thing, in fact. There used to be a lot more of it a long time ago, then it all got better for a while (in fact, I remember a thread complaining about the forums being slightly more boring these days now that we were all "too nice" or something like that - I forget the context the comment occurred in). And then Sunday8pm re-registered and every went back to hating again.

And it's been like that since pretty much. After Sunday got banned (again) Yahwe had signed up and it all continued in the same sort of spirit.

At least that's my recollection of it. Obviously you get the random posters who are sort of political trolls (QDS, Texan, perle, m.a.r.d.) who everyone hates, but they're short-lived on the whole.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 09:45   #36
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Dante for modship!