User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 9 Oct 2005, 11:49   #1
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Battle RAP!

I was chatting to one of my teacher friends, Ray, in the staffroom on Friday.

He was telling me that as he was wandering round the playground earlier in the week, there were a few bunch of boys (it's an all-boys school) kind of huddled together in a circle.

Being slightly suspicious, he moved over to see what they were doing.

They were battle-rapping to each other.

If you've seen 8-mile, you'll know what I mean.

If you haven't, essentially it's when people take turns to "freestyle rap" (so rap without any preparation, just find words that go well together that are on-topic and relevant to whatever the person before has just rapped about).

When I was at school we played "Stuck in the mud". Slightly different.

jumpers for goalposts?

He then went on to tell me he was going to set them some homework where they had to make up a rap, as he's finished this half-term syllabus already so there isn't as much pressure on him.

I asked what they'd have to rap about.

He does RE.

He replied "The divination of Christ".

I can smell a #1 hit.

I want you kids to battle rap with each other. It's a tall order (i'll give you some hints, "orange" doesn't rhyme with anything) but just reply to each other's posts with a rap.

"GD Rap"
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 12:04   #2
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Battle RAP!

Load of Crap

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 12:06   #3
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

we're all sitting here reading threads from Dace
writing replies like "lol" and "ace"
thinking how to disappear girls without trace
we learn a lot from this forum place
boom tsh boom boom tsh
yo yo yo yo

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 12:08   #4
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

***** ***** * **** to ****** some *****
***** my ***** to my ***** and all my ******go 'yeaah *********'
so I **** to her ***** and I slip my ****** in her *****
**** to **** but my ***** is blunt
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 14:05   #5
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute

Diamonds Are Foreeeever
Arachnidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 14:24   #6
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

your teacher friend Ray sounds like an utter wanker
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 15:06   #7
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X

and i can't help reading this without a shiver running down my spine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I was chatting to one of my teacher friends, Ray, in the staffroom on Friday.
The staffroom was the place of upmost evil, the mordor of our school. It was full of 'them'. Doesn't it feel odd sitting in the staffroom?!?!?

Oh and battle rap is hardly a new phenomenan, back in the day (verylate 80s early 90s) when gangsta rap was in, there were loads of kids doing it. Well in my school anyway. Look on the bright side, as was recently pointed out to me, at least they're being innovative and thoughtful in their lyrics, they aren't just repeating parrot fashion the latest pophit of the day or immitating a manufactured band from x-factor.
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 15:22   #8
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

dnt try to rap, all ur lyrix wil b wahck, make a reply n il take u back... back 2 da future, it'll giv u a seizure, yea ok i hear ya but i dnt care bout u'a!
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 15:31   #9
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
Why?
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 15:42   #10
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Why?
Surely Ray should distance himself from such things and not try to get in with the kids as the joke trendy teacher...

Also the idea of having rap, especially R.E. rap, set as homework is just terrible, and it must be painful for those kids who see rap as ridiculous to have to comply.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 15:44   #11
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Why?
don't worry about it. you just go and polish your sandals for monday.
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 15:45   #12
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
Surely Ray should distance himself from such things and not try to get in with the kids as the joke trendy teacher...

Also the idea of having rap, especially R.E. rap, set as homework is just terrible, and it must be painful for those kids who see rap as ridiculous to have to comply.
He isn't trying to get in as the joke trendy teacher - this is a serious homework. It's very similar to just getting them to write poetry about it.

RE can be a very very dull subject at school. I applaud him for trying to make kids more interested in it.

It sure beats "Page 13, questions 1-5" as homework. Encourages creativeness.
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 15:47   #13
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
don't worry about it. you just go and polish your sandals for monday.
Done! I just need to iron my corduroy trousers and hang up my jacket-with-patches-in-the-elbows!
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 16:18   #14
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

how old are these kids? I'd suspect they are 14-16?
This also happens in my school the commonly used word is "clash" and the rappers have to insult each other, I find it pretty dumb. This is pretty rare as all the other times they just freestyle about anything just to make a nice tune, it can sound decent sometimes.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2005, 11:54   #15
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Pub I was at Friday said they were having some 'hip-hop' thingy going on in the basement for £free. I'm open minded so me and a mate wandered down. Ended up being a bunch of whiteboys freestyling - but they were actually impressive
Still not my first preference music-wise but was good entertainment for a few hours.

Freestylin' yo!
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2005, 12:06   #16
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

I smell a p45 coming along.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2005, 12:32   #17
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnidman
Diamonds Are Foreeeever
I lol'ed

oh, and y'all terrible rappers, can't rhyme for shit!