User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Aug 2005, 23:22   #1
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Donnie Darko...

t'was on BBC1.

I still don't get it.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 23:32   #2
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Donnie Darko...

It was BBC2
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 23:33   #3
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

On a serious note:

"It's a wonderful life" is about how bad things would be if the main character died.

"Donnie Darko" is about how bad things would be if the main character lived.

Or something *shrug*

The secular society we live in atm replaced the Angels in the first film with various sciency stuff as a vehicle for explaining the "alternative reality".
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 23:38   #4
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
It was BBC2
Doh!
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 23:48   #5
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
t'was on BBC1.

I still don't get it.
It makes perfect sense if you think about it a bit. Admittedly the chances are it wont make sense to you in the way Richard Kelly wants it to make sense but thats half the fun of movies like this, it should challenge you to make your own interpritations of the work rather than what most movies do where they guide you along by the hand and simplify every theme of the movie by shoving it in your face iver and over again. If however you like movies to explain everything to you I suggest you get hold of the directors cut which turns a smart, throught provoking movie into a dumb, traditional 'hollywood'' affair
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 23:59   #6
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

i saw it for the first time, i went to the site and tried to learn from the web what the director thought of it all, i came back here and went through past threads and saw jakiri say that the director should be ignored at all costs and just make it what you want

im waiting for a portal to prevent me reading the shite that the director said.

ok i know disbelief was obviously a part of it all but the water-4th-dimension crap was just ott. Even if we go by the directors thing, surely the 'artifact' is still thrown into the past? the only difference i can see between the begining and end of the movie is that darko dies, there is still a time illogicality or what ever you want to call it, theres still an engine in the past with no good reason, how has this prevented collapse?
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 00:01   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Dace said what I put forward as my favourite interpretation, Nusselt said the rest of the stuff I usually say.

I'm obsolete.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 00:01   #8
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
It makes perfect sense if you think about it a bit. Admittedly the chances are it wont make sense to you in the way Richard Kelly wants it to make sense but thats half the fun of movies like this, it should challenge you to make your own interpritations of the work rather than what most movies do where they guide you along by the hand and simplify every theme of the movie by shoving it in your face iver and over again. If however you like movies to explain everything to you I suggest you get hold of the directors cut which turns a smart, throught provoking movie into a dumb, traditional 'hollywood'' affair

I explained it much better.
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 00:05   #9
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The first time i saw it i was blown away by how well constructed and beautiful it was, and i would have been moved to tears were i not in a room of men.

However.

Subsequent watchings of it have "shown it up" a bit to me. People who say "get the special features and read them then it all makes sense!!!!!!" are complete faggots. No, its still bollocks. your trying to explain time travel to me in DVD Extra form. Get it round you, i dont care.

Its a lovely film if you just sit back, enjoy, laugh, smile, cry, and dont try and make anything of it, a nice breath of fresh air from reality. It doesnt mean ANYTHING (not in the "films dont mean anything" way. This film, does not mean anything)

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 00:11   #10
Dace
so f*cking zen

Deffeh, like i pointed out earlier in this thread, it does have a point/meaning.
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 00:13   #11
RiXX
pr0nman

RiXX can only hope to improve

Donnie Darko will always be one of those films that I'm not sure whether I quite like, or violently dislike :/

r7 - noob | r12 - VsN | r13 - VsN | r14 - NewDawn | r15 - InSomnia | r16 - SiN | r17 - InSomnia
RiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 00:17   #12
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXX
Donnie Darko will always be one of those films that I'm not sure whether I quite like, or violently dislike :/

And that's why everyone respects you and your opinion.
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 15:35   #13
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Posting in the monthly Donnie Darko thread.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 22:00   #14
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts

Posting so I can be like Weeks