User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Aug 2005, 20:29   #51
Che
Lifelong Student

Che is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Unionism in Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephor
The area in which I grew up, Ardoyne, is still almost completely segregated. ... if you wish to be involved with your community you have to play their game.
I've lived in Ardoyne all of me life, but never socialize there. I never really feel at ease in the area anymore, because you are afraid to say the wrong thing to the wrong person. Once I get me degree finished, I'm gonna be outta there, cause I can't see it changing anytime soon
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 21:42   #52
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Unionism in Northern Ireland

In the UK unionists and protestants have a tendency (though this is a generalising) to be seen as hard line nationalists, that may sound obvious but the types of people that seem to be popular in current unionist politics seem well rather strange to the people on the mainland.

How are sinn fein, gerry adams etc viewed in the republic? is SF a 'powerful' party there?