User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 27 Jun 2005, 15:10   #1
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Me Vs My Racial Guilt

A week or so ago, I was heading home and was curling down this on ramp onto the freeway. half-way down, I saw this forlorn looking black dude with his car pulled onto the inner shoulder. Red car, hood open. He was standing there, trying to hail someone with his white rag (he was standing right in front of the car). I was doing ~75 on the ramp, and didn't see him until the last second, so I had no real option of stopping until I was way past. But the point is that I must not have stopped because I hate blacks. Somewhere in my head, I knew that if I had stopped, he would have knocked me out with a tire iron or somesuch and taken all my credit cards my racial guilt told me. Obviously my racial guilt had the right of it, and that part of my mind that told me that it would have been physically impossible for me to stop in time was just a clever rationalization. I'm just another white dude who is unwilling to stop and help an old black man because I fear their kind.

Yet despite me knowing that it was just an irrational fear of blacks, when I went down that same ramp yesterday and he was there in front of his car, hailing people with his rag, I just drove right on by without any guilt to speak of.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 15:11   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Me Vs My Racial Guilt

Why was this thread deleted originally?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 15:12   #3
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
word choice.

and the last line (which was removed) was apparently 'over the top for an already borderline thread'

*this message will self destruct in five minutes*

Last edited by acropolis; 27 Jun 2005 at 15:40.
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 15:15   #4
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

because im reading the threads...
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 15:23   #5
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

he was there two days in a row?

he probably WAS going to hit you over the head with a tire iron and take all your CCs
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 15:27   #6
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
because im reading the threads...
Sounds like there're two fascists in this thread now.
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 15:39   #7
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow

he probably WAS going to hit you over the head with a tire iron and take all your CCs
i think on a thursday at like 7Pm and then sunday at like 11AM.

as i said, i didn't see him until the last second because the inner shoulder is pretty secluded at that spot.

n e way.
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 15:47   #8
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Maybe he was really unlucky and his car broke down two times in a short-period of time in exactly the same spot?
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 16:12   #9
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

a funnier theory would be an undercover investigation into the racism in acropolisi's neck of the woods, we'll soon see his face on the screen as someone who failed to help in the 'sting'

ps i would have stopped
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 16:20   #10
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

Interestingly (or not) but im so used to living working and walking around people of all different shades of colour with weird accents/traditions and the like that when i go to a part of the UK that is predominantly or wholly white it actually freaks the **** out of me

I can't explain it but it feels very odd being around only white british people.
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 16:20   #11
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Maybe he was really unlucky and his car broke down two times in a short-period of time in exactly the same spot?
I also considered the possibility that they were taping a movie and didn't get it right on the first take.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusselt
a funnier theory would be an undercover investigation into the racism in acropolisi's neck of the woods, we'll soon see his face on the screen as someone who failed to help in the 'sting'

ps i would have stopped
hidden cameras leading into a "Are White Pittsburghers Closet Racists? Story at 10"?

Happily I think I was driving fast enough that I'd just be a blur. Tho in this case, it'll look even worse that I drove by multiple times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Mabye he was just a psychotic faggot who wanted to rape men and he had no interest in your money.
at least that wouldn't encourage stereotyping
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 16:22   #12
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: Me Vs My Racial Guilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
at least that wouldn't encourage stereotyping
Are you tempted to go back now, and pull over this time?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 16:26   #13
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Once you go black you won't go back.
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 16:27   #14
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Are you tempted to go back now, and pull over this time?
Rape me
Rape me, my friend
Rape me
Rape me, again

I'm not the only one
I'm not the only one
I'm not the only one
I'm not the only one

Hate me
Do it and do it again
Waste me
Rape me, my friend

I'm not the only one
I'm not the only one
I'm not the only one
I'm not the only one

My favorite inside source
I'll kiss your open sores
Appreciate your concern
You'll always stink and burn

Rape me
Rape me, my friend
Rape me
Rape me, again

I'm not the only one
I'm not the only one
I'm not the only one
I'm not the only one

Rape me!
Rape me!
Rape me!
Rape me!
Rape me!
Rape me!
Rape me!
Rape me!
Rape me!
Rape me!
Rape me!
Rape me!
Rape me!
Rape me!
Rape me!
Rape me!
Rape me!
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 16:30   #15
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Me Vs My Racial Guilt

That white rag was probably what he was going to wrap your body in after he'd subjcted you to what I believe is called, by people who deal with these things "a horrific sexual assault."

Say what you like about the chap, he's resourceful.
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 16:32   #16
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I once heard about this white guy in South Africa who drove past a black guy with a flat tyre, I think it was in Johannesburg or some such place. He drove past him cos he thought it was a fix. Once he got round the corner he pulled out his pistol, drove round the block back to where the black guy was standing and shot him in the face.

So at least you're not that racist, just passively racist.
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 16:35   #17
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Acropolis could do the same, only with cum. That would signal his defiance at the black man, but would also be non-lethal.
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 16:38   #18
Nusselt
share the <3

Ah thus the white rag would be symbolic of the prejudice and submissiveness that the black male must face at the hands of the white men of pittsburg. Using it to lure in the white man is not only showing how white is only attracted to white but also how black must wave white and seek to surrender inorder to draw attention to himself. By raping acropolis the black man is setting himself free after luring him in using societal norms (submissivness, 'waving' - seeking to be white). Wrapping up the body in the white cloth is a final demonstration of how white men cover themselves up in the false aura of superitotity, and how black men must set themselves free of it.

Black man broken down as a piece of art is thus a superb allegory of the divisons that still exist in society.
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 16:43   #19
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Mabye he just enjoys going to the same spot everyday and waving his rag about. There needn't neccesarily be any greater meaning to the action.
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 16:45   #20
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
I once heard about this white guy in South Africa who drove past a black guy with a flat tyre, I think it was in Johannesburg or some such place. He drove past him cos he thought it was a fix. Once he got round the corner he pulled out his pistol, drove round the block back to where the black guy was standing and shot him in the face.

So at least you're not that racist, just passively racist.
actually, the line that JJ made me remove was about my ritualistic execution after I had rounded the block. But I don't think that part really changed the important points of the story any.
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 16:47   #21
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Mabye he has actually been stranded for a week. Mabye he's going to die because everybody in Pittsburgh is a ****.
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 23:46   #22
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What comedian did you rip that story off from acropolis?
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 23:49   #23
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
actually, the line that JJ made me remove was about my ritualistic execution after I had rounded the block. But I don't think that part really changed the important points of the story any.
Oh, in that case you're just as racist.

Have you ever lived in South Africa?
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 00:00   #24
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Facking blicks, man
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 00:01   #25
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

I think they're called keffers out there. I don't know if that's the right spelling but it's how they pronounce it.
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 07:51   #26
Dante Hicks
Clerk

I believe it's kaffirs.

And only the Afrikaaners pronounce it "keff". The English descendents there pronounce it "kaff". But they're not as inherently amusing. Or as racist (just).
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 09:58   #27
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

i would alert the police to his continued presence.
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 14:38   #28
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
What comedian did you rip that story off from acropolis?
has anything i've ever posted ever been ripped from anywhere?
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 14:40   #29
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
I believe it's kaffirs.

And only the Afrikaaners pronounce it "keff". The English descendents there pronounce it "kaff". But they're not as inherently amusing. Or as racist (just).
Oh, ok.

All the South Africans in Lethal Weapon 2 are Afrikaans so that's why I thought they all pronounced it that way.
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 15:10   #30
Nusselt
share the <3

btw whats the difference between a boer and an afrikaans? the english desendants are funny but in a middle class kind of way

' i can't stand these arabs and brown people moving into the area, god its horrendus they have no taste i must go to my faux tudor house built with concrete blocks with authentic english garden, whats worse is those horrid yanks, i went to las vegas to see the new venice casino, terrible reproduction so tackty and lacking, the worst thing about this new government is you have to employ the coloureds i get round it by meeting my quota as cleaners and the like, the black people of this nation would get along alot better if they just acted better'

wheras the afrikaans tend to be more like

'HEY JOO'

look of mild bewilderment...'me?'

'YUS joo english, why did you put mah people inside ah concentration caamp, tell me why english? tha bloady ******s are trying to get mah land'

My exposure to them is somewhat limited, the english desecendants prefer to put over an aura of 'english countryness' that is disney like, they're racists but can't bring themselves to admit to it straightout. The afrikaans on the other hand just admit up to it but are funnier in a 'behave OTT' kind of way.

Its only natural really that harry should be attracted to chesly davy when you think about it, ok shes zimbabwian but the same white afro trash nonetheless.
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 15:56   #31
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusselt
btw whats the difference between a boer and an afrikaans? the english desendants are funny but in a middle class kind of way
Boer is just an archaic way of saying Afrikaaner. Basically. I think Boer would probably be viewed as derogatory by the people themselves, which is perhaps a bit rich, but nm.
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 16:52   #32
Nusselt
share the <3

having googled i think its the distinction between farmers/non farmers
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 16:53   #33
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
A week or so ago, I was heading home and was curling down this on ramp onto the freeway. half-way down, I saw this forlorn looking black dude with his car pulled onto the inner shoulder. Red car, hood open. He was standing there, trying to hail someone with his white rag (he was standing right in front of the car). I was doing ~75 on the ramp, and didn't see him until the last second, so I had no real option of stopping until I was way past. But the point is that I must not have stopped because I hate blacks. Somewhere in my head, I knew that if I had stopped, he would have knocked me out with a tire iron or somesuch and taken all my credit cards my racial guilt told me. Obviously my racial guilt had the right of it, and that part of my mind that told me that it would have been physically impossible for me to stop in time was just a clever rationalization. I'm just another white dude who is unwilling to stop and help an old black man because I fear their kind.

Yet despite me knowing that it was just an irrational fear of blacks, when I went down that same ramp yesterday and he was there in front of his car, hailing people with his rag, I just drove right on by without any guilt to speak of.
I believe that even though you may dislike racism there is a cultural biased fed to you from an early age. So even though you may say to yourself 'a man is a man' your cultural bias puts certain thoughts in your head. The bias comes from very natural feelings of fear and threat fueled by ignorance that society has towards foreign things. I believe everyone has this and it is only those seek to get past this will actually help reduce racism.

There is a cruel irony to this though. As ethnic minorities are subjected to this bias their chances of entering mainstream society is reduced. Their chances are getting high-paid jobs are reduced. Their chances of finishing an education system that has these elements in it are reduced. People who do not have these things resort to crime as there is no other real option open to them and become uncontent with the system and often become angry and violent. So the bias that society emmits causes most people, with excepts of the strong, to act in a way that justifies the bias.

To be honest there's a good chance I wouldn't have stopped either, unless I chose to fight the bias I have and thus help society.

Last edited by Weeks; 28 Jun 2005 at 17:01. Reason: Damn this unphonetic language.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 18:22   #34
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

I just don't trust 'em.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 09:01   #35
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow

He certainly wasn't there for 24 hours trying to get someone to help him, thats for sure.

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 15:28   #36
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
i would alert the police to his continued presence.
i considered that.

however, considering my whole case is predicated on the assumption that i, a white dude, can tell two black people apart,

i decided that i'd rather let someone else be robbed and murdered than risk personal embarassment.
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 16:42   #37
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I doubt I would stop for anybody in that situation. On ramps are dangerous enough as it is.

I would--and have--phone the highway patrol and let them know there's a stalled motorist (although they always seem to know about it already). And if he's there repeatedly, then I'd report that too.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote