User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 16 Jun 2005, 03:16   #1
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Gimmick Accounts

I've noticed a recent resurgence in highly suspect new GD members. In truth I find it difficult to believe it that the GD member count would increase given Planetarion's and netgamers continual decline (in users - not quality). Of course I haven't seen the stats on that so maybe the userbase is not declining - but we all know it's not what it once was. Not saying it's impossible that new people might show up, just saying that maybe we need to devise a crucible to which we subject new members in order to gauge their authenticity. Trial by fire, test their mettle, etc.
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 03:23   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Gimmick Accounts

Well, it depends. With certain posters it's credible they stumbled across the forums through a search, or by a link from a friend.

Generally, it's easy to spot a gimmick :
1. They'll be much much more active than a "normal" new user.

2. There posts will be directed towards specific members of the community for no good reason. Use of other forum member's nicks is a bit suspicious. Most new users can't tell one user from another at first.

3. There'll have a specific obsession which will often be reflected in their nick.

4. They'll have the same typing style as Kura

5. They'll be unnecessarily shit / controversial and try to spin out at least one (very active) thread focused on them.

6. They'll ask frankly redundant questions, esp about forum users or history which no-one is really interested in, let alone new users.

I'd say we've not had many lately, not counting the spambots which the mods delete quite quickly.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 03:24   #3
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

it once was, yes but there was an increase during r11 and r12 and there was a bare minimal decline in r13 which has just finished
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 07:08   #4
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've only ever had one gimmick account

Mr. Off-Topic!
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 08:20   #5
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Well, it depends. With certain posters it's credible they stumbled across the forums through a search, or by a link from a friend.

2. There posts will be directed towards specific members of the community for no good reason. Use of other forum member's nicks is a bit suspicious. Most new users can't tell one user from another at first.

3. There'll have a specific obsession which will often be reflected in their nick.

5. They'll be unnecessarily shit / controversial and try to spin out at least one (very active) thread focused on them.

6. They'll ask frankly redundant questions, esp about forum users or history which no-one is really interested in, let alone new users.

I'd say we've not had many lately, not counting the spambots which the mods delete quite quickly.
TBH , I create one off gimmick accounts which have a single specific topic or joke which they relate to. Inevitably, these last less than 24 hours because I dont actually tell my fellow mods its me, as not only would that ruin the effect, itd be a whole lot less funny since they wouldnt argue with the gimmick.

(and i havent created one in months and months and ..... actually, I thought about creating one yesterday, but CBA)
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 08:25   #6
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I haven't seen any gimmick accounts recently

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 09:17   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I've only ever had one gimmick account

Mr. Off-Topic!
You're me?

That explains a lot.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 09:23   #8
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

no - you were that other one - MrPedantic
Mr Off-Topic is MM

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 18:37   #9
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

You could have at least named names.

I have no idea who you are talking about, haven't noticed any insurge of new accounts.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 18:45   #10
Mr. 5001
Mr. Ensign

Mr. 5001 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with MrPeach. Please elaborate on this issue.
Mr. 5001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 18:53   #11
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

I've had a couple of gimmick accounts in the past, but I can't remember what any of them were.

I only ever made one post and got immediately embarassed anyway.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 18:56   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeach
You could have at least named names.

I have no idea who you are talking about, haven't noticed any insurge of new accounts.
Since he's been banging on about DDA in two seperate threads it's not that difficult.

Unless you were being sarcastic in which case I'm sorry.
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 19:05   #13
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: Gimmick Accounts

I'm Tomkat?!
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 19:18   #14
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I wish I was you
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 20:48   #15
onetwothree
4 5 6

onetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to all

omg s|k is a gimmick lolz
onetwothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 21:01   #16
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

Thermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to behold

This supports my brand-new, tastier than ever, improved recipe theory that Sunday was in fact JJ's alter-ego....
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 22:02   #17
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

Actually Mr Thermodynamics i haven't seen you around before and your noob reg date makes me believe you are infact a gimmick, as is onetwothree and alki.

Never trust a foreigner.
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 22:09   #18
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

oh i love this

we all start accusing eachother of being gimmick accounts

It's like going to one of the 'murder mystery weekends' hosted by scope.
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 22:12   #19
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

When you came back to GD after a two year hiatus i thought you were sword incognito.

Edit

I have no idea why sword would be you incognito but thats the level of paranoia now
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 22:19   #20
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

After all this time I am going to have to admit it..................

The Sarina_Joy account is and always has been a gimmick :(((((((((((((((((((((((

The gimmick is based upon the character 'Serena Joy' from the novel 'The Handmaids Tale' by Margaret Atwood. I apologise to those to all those who have chatted with, and grown to love, the gimmickbot known as 'Sarina' on irc.

Signing off.

Account owner: Swissrebel

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 22:21   #21
Offred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
After all this time I am going to have to admit it..................

The Sarina_Joy account is and always has been a gimmick ((((((((((((((((((((((

The gimmick is based upon the character 'Serena Joy' from the novel 'The Handmaids Tale' by Margaret Atwood. I apologise to those to all those who have chatted with, and grown to love, the gimmickbot known as 'Sarina' on irc.

Signing off.

Account owner: Swissrebel
i'm sorry, i'm so sorry
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 22:29   #22
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Give me children, or else I die. Am I in God's stead, who hath withheld from thee the fruit of the womb? Behold my maid Bilhah. She shall bear fruit upon my knees, that I may also have children by her.

Unread 16 Jun 2005, 22:37   #23
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

hi i'm deerbarn
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 22:43   #24
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

Thermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusselt
Actually Mr Thermodynamics i haven't seen you around before and your noob reg date makes me believe you are infact a gimmick, as is onetwothree and alki.

Never trust a foreigner.
A true liar never confesses his crime.
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 22:44   #25
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

How could you accuse me Nusslet *sob*

You know I never would do a thing like that....
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 23:11   #26
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Did you ever consider that maybe everyone is Yahwe and that he just has multiple personalities and is talking to himself?
dda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 23:16   #27
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

No......... but that thought terrifies me.

I shall have nightmares tonight while I'm in bed with one of Yahwe's other alter egos

:eek: :eek:

Unread 16 Jun 2005, 23:24   #28
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Gimmick Accounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
hi i'm deerbarn
Pab needs therapy.
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 23:38   #29
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Did you ever consider that maybe everyone is Yahwe and that he just has multiple personalities and is talking to himself?
yes i did.
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 23:43   #30
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation Re: Gimmick Accounts

I'm not inside Yahwe. How queer!

'ere, where's me washboard?
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 01:36   #31
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

It's all a SHAM.
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 02:31   #32
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Question Re: Gimmick Accounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
It's all a SHAM.
SilverSmoke's supposed hetrosexuality?
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 04:57   #33
Nusselt
share the <3

was/is vermillion a gimmick? dante and others alluded to it but i never figured it out, someone pm me the answer.
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 08:13   #34
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

why pm?!
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 10:43   #35
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
was/is vermillion a gimmick? dante and others alluded to it but i never figured it out, someone pm me the answer.
i don't think so, he seemed too knowledgeable in areas others weren't.

although, to be fair, i never actually checked any of the stuff he posted about, so he could have just been talking complete bollocks.

P.S im Saytan, come to take revenge after my channel four forum was destroyed
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 10:52   #36
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

I've never had a gimmick account, and since a collection of gimmicks seems to be necessary to be a GD poster I suspect I may in fact be a gimmick account myself. Now all I have to do is work out whose imagination I am a figment of.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 17:15   #37
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks

I touched on all 6 of these points when I first came to GD. and I'm not gimmick.*

*Or am I.
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 17:18   #38
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

vermillion wasn't a gimmick i believe
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 17:47   #39
Dante Hicks
Clerk

I never said Vermillion was a gimmick. I said that I would have kept an open mind how true some (and only some) of the things he posted were.

I also said it didn't matter one bit or affect the quality of his posts.
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 17:48   #40
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

sorry, i was answering this post dante... must have missed yours
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 10:09   #41
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah okay so how would someone find their way to GD? Probably by playing PA. I see that as a pretty much the only way into these forums. Any web link to these forums or google searches would probably have been browser game related. At least in America, where Planetarion is all but unknown, especially to legal professionals with twenty years of education and a government billet. Don't be so damned gullible.
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 10:36   #42
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Yeah okay so how would someone find their way to GD? Probably by playing PA. I see that as a pretty much the only way into these forums. Any web link to these forums or google searches would probably have been browser game related. At least in America, where Planetarion is all but unknown, especially to legal professionals with twenty years of education and a government billet. Don't be so damned gullible.
I'm all for suspicion (see my first posts on the subject), but going on about is pretty dull. Especially when you make remarks like "no-one calls them interstates!" only to be disproved by other Americans almost immediately.

But anyway, the Google page rank is a mysterious thing. At one point searching for "Dante Hicks" (a character in a reasonably popular movie and subsequent TV series) brought up my profile before anything else. So someone searching for that would come here before anywhere else. Now, I'm not even on the first page of resuts.
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 10:50   #43
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

s|k, Planetarion is better known than you give it credit for. 5 years is a reasonable time to gain status. It didn't even need that long, I'd rate the first 2 years of it's operation as its most popular.

It's also got a huge demographic of players & visitors. You'd be surprised at just how far the game has spread. When I had the privilige of being a in-game mod I was surprised even at not only the number of players from the same country, but even in my local, middle of no-where and certainly anti-geek own town.

Also, web forums & blogs are immensly popular these days. They draw all crowds, anyone that's been a part of any such community realises this. It's not specific to this board but elsewhere as well, but GD certainly isn't focused around the game in anyway, that was half the point of naming it General Discussion in the first place. It's linked to by popular sites, web blogs, other major forums, and other such communities. You don't have to be googling for Planetarion to stumble upon it.
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 11:55   #44
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
s|k, Planetarion is better known than you give it credit for. 5 years is a reasonable time to gain status. It didn't even need that long, I'd rate the first 2 years of it's operation as its most popular.

It's also got a huge demographic of players & visitors. You'd be surprised at just how far the game has spread. When I had the privilige of being a in-game mod I was surprised even at not only the number of players from the same country, but even in my local, middle of no-where and certainly anti-geek own town.

Also, web forums & blogs are immensly popular these days. They draw all crowds, anyone that's been a part of any such community realises this. It's not specific to this board but elsewhere as well, but GD certainly isn't focused around the game in anyway, that was half the point of naming it General Discussion in the first place. It's linked to by popular sites, web blogs, other major forums, and other such communities. You don't have to be googling for Planetarion to stumble upon it.

Agreed, though I must admit I found my way here after i stopped playing PA for a bit, I'm sure I wasn't the only one.
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 12:20   #45
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Is it important?

Does it matter if the people you are talking to are gimmickaccounts? If the person who created the account actually can keep separate styles, then bravo!

Will it hurt anyones feelings?
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 15:36   #46
Yahwe
I am.

and they say that taking drugs makes you paranoid s|k....
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 16:07   #47
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
The way I found it was I put Annika Deasy into google. I wanted to find out what someone people in Sweden were saying about her situation. However, I don't speak Swedish, or English that well as far as that goes, so I needed to find an English speking blog or forum. I found Battleangel and a blog by Bjorn Hallberg, sounded Swedish to me so I went there and had rather a nice chat with Mr. Hallberg. I also came across Planatarion on about page 9 of results. Connected with this forum was the name Arketrollmannen. Didn't sound like an American name to me so I checked it out. I didn't know that there was any basic annamosity between GD and the RPG sides. I was quickly informed. I enjoyed many of the comments in the 24 years thread and decided to look at other threads. I got hooked. I am sorry if this causes you any distress.Oh god! Now I'm carrying on conversations with s|k! Now he will think I am his gimmick account.
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 15:28   #48
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

I think most people have gotten over the RP-GD hatred thing.
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 20:27   #49
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
I think most people have gotten over the RP-GD hatred thing.
he was talking about PD-GD. keep up, even if just the once
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 22:26   #50
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I didn't know that there was any basic annamosity between GD and the RPG sides. I was quickly informed.
really?