User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 31 Aug 2004, 23:52   #1
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point
Let the fun begin

In 10 Minutes time I will officially be working for IBM, I picked up passes, signed forms (lots of goddamn forms) and all the usual crap, as again of 10 minutes time, NTL's tech support will be run by IBM and Manpower, with Manpower being the main Tier 1 Tech and Supervisor Techs and IBM being Senior Support and Internal Systems Support. Now in this one big "revalutionary" open plan office there will be two companies both with managers. The thing is, we know one thing for cetrain

They want to sack our asses, this shit is on the down-low, but it is likely the tier 1 jobs will be outsourced at least to somewhere in India, and my job (Senior Support) may stay, or may not, the thing is it is totally up in the air.

So anyone on NTL expecting better tech support for the next few months will get it, because they can fire anyones goddamn ass and I think they want to. I still have the same level of pay (I legally have to) but this status is going to go away in 6 months time, in which case I cannot at this time afford a pay cut. So I will probably loose my job in the next 12 months and after that there will be no where in this city which I have grown a wierd likening too. Ahh well, we can up-sticks easily I guess but we dont want to.

So anyone looking for a communications engineer in 9 months time?
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 00:20   #2
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts
Re: Let the fun begin

ever worked on gigantic orbiting laser cannons?

Quote:
Originally posted by an anon neg-repper

all your posts are shit. it's like a more accurate turbonegro song
i post on a internet forum!
The General8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 00:28   #3
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

TUPE is guaranteed for two years.
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 00:59   #4
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
TUPE is guaranteed for two years.
heard it was 6 months, oh, thats okay then. I still think they will try and close the place/fire everyone though
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote