User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 14 Sep 2003, 22:31   #1
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future
the riaa are getting clever

their strategy of spamming p2p progs with bad copies of songs is actually working quite well.

im getting so damn pissed off.

Zar
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 22:33   #2
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
It's only happened to me once so far. I guess I'm just lucky
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 22:44   #3
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
it has happened to me a couple of times, its annoying as hell
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 23:37   #4
Haer
Aquafresh

Haer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura about
Ive had a few on Kazaa, noone else though.
Haer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 23:43   #5
I Am Grimble
lol

I Am Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
I've never gotten one of those, and I never will :ninja:

Remember to think happy thoughts
I Am Grimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 23:57   #6
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
lolz0r @ u
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 02:47   #7
huh
WHY DID YOU PUSH GRANDMA

huh is an unknown quantity at this point
Does that mean they'll have to sue themselves for sharing music?
huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 04:20   #8
KaosTrigX
Less than three

KaosTrigX will become famous soon enoughKaosTrigX will become famous soon enough
I've gotten 5-6 of those. It's ****.

I'm just another lonely broken hero......
Picking up the pieces of my mind.........

"I don't want to exist. I want to be the existence."
-Becky
KaosTrigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 04:36   #9
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
The only times I've had it happen to me was with Wierd Al songs. If you just pick the version that gets 30 hits rather than 2 you should be fine.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 07:24   #10
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Scoot951
The only times I've had it happen to me was with Wierd Al songs. If you just pick the version that gets 30 hits rather than 2 you should be fine.
and as long as you don't download music from popular pop artists.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 08:50   #11
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Scoot951
you see the problem with the popular songs is that just as tehy are releasd the riaa flood these p2p progs with bad copies. Not just one bad copy but multiple ones with different file names and descriptions. people download them, but are often too stupid to delete them, when they find out that they dont work. Because these bad songs are released first, often they end up having the highest number (in kazaa etc..), so quite often you'll find yourself having to look for a song with say 2 users, instead of a 100 for the real one.

that is where it starts to get annoying

Zar
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 09:46   #12
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by huh
Does that mean they'll have to sue themselves for sharing music?

i was thinking about this the other day, i mean, what if the RIAA issued a subpoena to an employee of one of the music companies, cos he was sharing music, as surely they cannot tell just by checking downloads what the download actually is, wouldnt it be funny
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 10:42   #13
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
If the RIAA sues you for using Kazaa, just say that you were trying to help them out by sharing the bad copies of songs.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 11:30   #14
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by I Am Grimble
I've never gotten one of those, and I never will :ninja:
me neither :ninja:
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 12:44   #15
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus
If the RIAA sues you for using Kazaa, just say that you were trying to help them out by sharing the bad copies of songs.

flawless victory
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 13:28   #16
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
[cynicism]i thought ALL the riaa's music was terrible anyway ?[/cynicism]
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 14:07   #17
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point
Am I the only one who gets most of his shared music by actual physical exchange of CDs/HDD etc?
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 14:35   #18
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by G_frog
Am I the only one who gets most of his shared music by actual physical exchange of CDs/HDD etc?
it all has to come from somewhere.

use Direct Connect... it is far less tainted. not tainted at all in fact as far as I can see, since most hubs ban you if you are sharing partial downloads, which means that you have to move full downloads into a new directory and... work the rest out yourselves.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 14:48   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
use Direct Connect...
I do, now!
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 15:31   #20
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
it all has to come from somewhere.

use Direct Connect... it is far less tainted. not tainted at all in fact as far as I can see, since most hubs ban you if you are sharing partial downloads, which means that you have to move full downloads into a new directory and... work the rest out yourselves.
its not always partial downloads. They are quite often full downloads.

dc++ is good for movies, games and software. I prefer Kazaa for mp3's tho

Zar
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 15:32   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
KL++ has a feature to ignore IPs that are connected to the RIAA
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 17:01   #22
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I've never gotten a bad download, exept for a few movies that turned out to be pr0n, but i guess that was just kids having fun.

Anyways, Kazaa is too risky for me nowadays, when im out doing my communist buisniess. And i've never quite figured out DC yet, so i guess im stuck whit buying cd's* :duh:

*may or may not be true.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 17:05   #23
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
they only do it to britney spears songs probably

i've never had a problem
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 17:23   #24
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
I have a hard enough time finding the music I actually want to download anyway. If I wanted the music RIAA are actually trying to stop people sharing I'd probably buy it, but on the whole I wouldnt because its not what Im after. And as a DJ cutting MP3's to Vinyl isnt that cost effective yet.