User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 9 Feb 2008, 05:55   #1
Foamball

Foamball is on a distinguished road
Players?

I came back to check PA out. I played it LONG TIME AGO even I forget rounds I was on. lol

Do PA still have over 100,000 players or what? I'm just curious.

FB
Foamball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 08:06   #2
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice
Re: Players?

i only came back last week but from what i hear the game is smaller now
without the big alliances. If only legion still played :-)

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 09:58   #3
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Planets: 1660 according to sandmans.
I think maybe 500-750 actually play pa

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 12:10   #4
Kenny

I'm 845th and I play
Unread 12 Feb 2008, 09:33   #5
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The experience I got with the players I ve brought back after long retirements, is that they find some things to be weird and "shit" but in general like the game.

Get more old players back, thats where we should do our recruitment

I spose we have lost the mail database ages ago? :/

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2008, 13:35   #6
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough

Having come back from a long retirement, I will agree with the weird etc to come back to - but i've found many things that just aren't easy to play as a 'beginner' again. It really is not the sort of thing you can drop into and pick up with ease.

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2008, 16:37   #7
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
The experience I got with the players I ve brought back after long retirements, is that they find some things to be weird and "shit" but in general like the game.

Get more old players back, thats where we should do our recruitment

I spose we have lost the mail database ages ago? :/

I brought back 40 3 rounds back, didnt exactly like the way the game was been lead. But they did enjoy the one round, wouldnt play again though unfortunatly.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2008, 16:53   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You brought back 40 players and none of them wanted to play a second round? Man.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2008, 19:32   #9
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
You brought back 40 players and none of them wanted to play a second round? Man.
3 played a second round. Beleive they were ninja, Ronin and logbat

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2008, 22:23   #10
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

I'd love to be part legion resurgency into planetarion amrked by annihilation of all that stood in the way, but that would only be for selfish reasons as i can't be arsed looking for a decent alliance out of this lot today. Besides as i remember if they were simple to join they just weren't worth it!

Rnd 33 Retired
Unread 13 Feb 2008, 23:27   #11
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

I played r22 with Willzzz and Jenova. It was surely fun. But mostly becouse of my gal (Horus my old r5 gc, Thor the lovable cynical guy, ogami the n00b and not at least BDB the constant source of incomings).
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2008, 11:19   #12
s7n
7ish

s7n is an unknown quantity at this point

I do miss PA, I played through rounds 11-15. Just came back now to see whats happening. Wonder if there is anything we can do to bring the player database back and make the game what it use to be!
Unread 14 Feb 2008, 13:33   #13
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough

Theres lots that can be done to improve the image of the game once again - these things have beeen pointed out in other threads (one discussing the portal)

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2008, 20:00   #14
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to play PA one day again i just dont have the time anymore tbh

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2008, 09:39   #15
Vladel
Retired

You don't have to play hardcore anymore, i just came back a couple of weeks ago and i'm playing casually at the mo. Independant too, haven't looked for an alliance.

Rnd 33 Retired
Unread 16 Feb 2008, 17:19   #16
JaJames
Your-Local-Dealer

JaJames can only hope to improve

shame to see that there are so few people left, i too remember the days of 100.000s of players.. i remember round one which was probably bigger then it now.
Something drastic has to be done to continue the game, its a shame there isnt two versions one a more technical and another a simplified one, games like warbook on facebook damage planetarion with their simplicity.
<De-Syn> you got a problem with my being a cum guzzling fag?

<Pure|fs> clearly JJ being a gh3y wank ****e

i've been here since round 1.. ooo i feel old :/
JaJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2008, 19:17   #17
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaJames
shame to see that there are so few people left, i too remember the days of 100.000s of planets..
Fxed.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2008, 08:07   #18
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
3 played a second round. Beleive they were ninja, Ronin and logbat
Think their round is over a bit earlier than expected. Thanks for injecting life back into the game!
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote