User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Nov 2002, 10:24   #1
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Rainbow Mars - Niven

During my travel to and from France this week I finished reading Puzzi's The Godfather and L Niven's Rainbow Mars (SF)

Although I enjoyed Niven's older books I have to say Rainbow Mars is probably the most crappest SF book ever published. omg, how can a SF story be so unimaginary, so full of cartoon characters, totally hilarious dialogues.

Several times I wondered during reading it 'Did he write that?!'

Anyone else read it?
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 10:34   #2
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
I did not.

Never will now, too.
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 10:36   #3
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
I just knew I shouldnt start reading a book that involves time travelling, the idea itself is crap.
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 10:37   #4
vampy
bound & gagged

vampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud of
Counter example:

Kurt Vonnegurt - Slaughterhouse 5
vampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 10:53   #5
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Never read anything by Niven myself.
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 12:39   #6
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by W
Never read anything by Niven myself.
Ringworld clearleh 0wns.
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 13:52   #7
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by ELeeming

Ringworld clearleh 0wns.
Legacy of Heorot was good, the second one was trash tho.

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 13:56   #8
Ðiscorporation

Only read the Heorot ones. The second one was, indeed, ****e, but the first one was 'readable'..'
Niven = teh crap (imho)