User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Nov 2004, 01:01   #1
OrionIII
Force Adept

OrionIII is an unknown quantity at this point
Coven Recruiting Thread

WANNA SPLIT SOME SKULLS IN PA AND BE A HARDCORE POWER GAMER?

If so, then coven probably aint for you.

Greetings All, I am OrionIII. I am a Recruting / Public Relations Officer For Coven. I am here to write yet another recruitment thread. I am going to put out the facts about Coven then ill post some things people have said about coven on other threads. they wont be in quote tags, but they will be in qutations and ill insert the name of the forums account that said them.

Name Of Alliance
Coven

Membership Requirements
Here is the list of requirements, im sure you will find them all very acceptable.

-Be active for a minimum of at least 10 hours a week
-Be able to have at least one fleet spot open for defense
-Be willing to commit your ships to defense, even though you may lose a few
-When you are online, you are on IRC in #coven and our private room
-Respect the HC's, Officers, members, and anyone else in the alliance or in our public room.
-Most important of all .... Have fun

IRC Channel
We can be found in #Coven

Why join Coven you ask?
We dont ask you to be online 20 hours a day and join in militaristic attacks, ive heard a few alliances run things like that but i honestly dont know first hand, however, we like to joke around, we like to play PA, and most of all, Coven is alot like the bar cheers for any of you who remember the show, cos in Coven, Everybody knows your name. Short of the brand spankin new member whose name we need a few minutes to learn. But in general its a fun and relaxed environment to play PA in.

Coven's Rules
Our biggest rule is that you respect the people that work for you, by that I mean the HC's the BC's and the PR Reps, we are there to help you we are there to get you defended, etc. So don't harass us or give us a hard time. We are very democratic in Coven, if the members have issues with an HC or Officer it is dealt with in a respectful, courteous and democratic manner. Show your coven mates the respect they deserve and you shall be shown the same in return.

How to Apply
You can contact one of our HC's in our Public room #Coven or simply apply in game. However speaking to a member of the alliance and getting them to recommend you via the ingame alliance forums is not gonna hurt you. I myself have recommended several new members i met in IRC. By doing that, you will begin the process of joining the family.

Coven HC and Officers
HC's
Supersander (aka SS)
Jackle (aka JKL)
Gen

BC's
Rich
Voldemort_
Melesse (aka Mel)

PR Reps
OrionIII (Me)
Reborn

Coven: A brief History
Coven was started a few rounds back, so we are fairly new, but we know our way around the universe. With little luck Coven progressed into round 10.5 with a mediocre size member base. Nothing really happend that was special, members came and left, officers changed, HC's changed. 422nd had merged into Coven at that time, hopefully to bring some spirit to the alliance. Round 11 started and Coven was on the ball. With dory in command round 11 was going to be awsome for Coven, yes it prooved to be harder than expected. Coven went through some trouble, losing members and officers left and right. Towards the end of the round things started to come together for Coven and things looked promising. Coven Merged with the fledgling return of the Alliance Fusi0n, which doubled Covens memberbase. Coven also merged with DarkAngels alliance, which helped provide an even stronger member base. The alliance progressed through the top20 and ended the round at spot 13 with over 90 members. This Round Coven lost alot of dead weight, and was living off its core of about 30 extremely active and gung ho members until it merged with PT. Round 12 for Coven was a good one. We ended in the top 20 and had around 65 Members. We Expect to have a starting member base of 40 highly dedicated and motivated members at the beginning of round 13.

Covens Beliefs
Remember, these are people who will be your best friend, if your willing to be theirs. We are one big family, if something goes wrong, it will be fixed dont worry. So if your willing to have your HC's remember your name, you want to kick some PA ass, and have fun all at the same time come into #coven and have a talk. Anyone is welcome. We are mostly laid back, and just a cool place to joke around and have fun, as with any alliance we have our serious moments but the Aim of Coven is to more or less prove that an alliance can survive without being facists, or dictators. We like to joke around in our channels and have even been known to occasioanlly have op wars as entertainment, we arent a bunch of stone faced PA freaks, most of us have lives outside of PA, i myself have a wife and child, but the bottom line is that we love the game and hanging out with each other. A few of us have even expanded out into a couple other online games, to further add to the fun we experience from hangin out and being a group.

Website Address
http://thecoven.no-ip.com (no www, it wont work if you try to use www)

Current Member Count
We finished the Round at abut 65 members.

Current Allies/Naps
Currently Coven is allied with several top 20 alliances, however we would prefer to keep the information on specifically who within our memberbase.

-Covens Testimonials-

"thanx for having me last round and i had a great time... i recommend to players to join Coven"
-Mek

"I can very much so recommend playing for this alliance as well. They're great people, with whom you can have lots of fun!"
-Supersander

"They're great fun, and there's nothing like the adrenaline rush of organizing D at 2 AM lol."
-Melesse

"Uhuh, they got my thumbs up, great bunch of guys"
-The Real Arfy

"seam like some good guys was in a speed round gal with a few of them good luck next round guys "
-barney

"well all i can say is that last round i created Tof and althou i will be scoured at for saying this coven seem like a good bunch of lads(and lass's) so all i can say is as the creatour of Tof my views are the guys are going to be tricky and i think it would be safer to be with them then against them"
--=Pathogen=-

"I started with Coven this round and as the guys have said its a great place to have fun while playing pa,with a great group of HC, Officers and Members."
-Turbo
Round 11 - Fusi0n HC / Coven Member / Coven Officer
Round 13 & 14 - Coven Officer
Round 15 - Insomnia

Last edited by OrionIII; 10 Jan 2005 at 05:53.
OrionIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 01:33   #2
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coven Recruiting Thread

Very nice, well thought post, and I mean what I said, they are a fantastic group of players
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 01:57   #3
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

Someone read the sticky yay!! Like The Reay Arfy said, awesome post. Only thing i'd be rather concerned about though is the suicide defence, that could seriously hurt you heh. But, good luck to you guys, you seem a great bunch of lads from what i've seen. Hopefully you'll get a lot of active members from this post as you've put in a lot of effort and have shown everyone who reads it that you're a serious alliance and not a mickey mouse one like most of them on here. Really, i wish you the best of luck for the rest of the round
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 07:33   #4
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

i've heard a lot of good things about coven.. old/present galmates of mine and real world friends who are pa players who are with coven or used to be with coven and just hearing them talk about the alliance gives me this warm atmosphere around these people.. these past few weeks though *whew*!! lots of mass inc's from other alliances.. rumor has it it was alliance related with coven against a couple of 'em big boys- me personally i think the gal was just really unlucky - anyway, goodluck to u guys!

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 19:28   #5
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionIII
When I am through I would like to request for one of the Forums Admins to remove our old recruitment thread as many of the players incharge of Coven have changed and as a result a new thread is in order. If you cant find our old thread, its probably because the Admins have already deleted it, Sorry guys
I've closed your old recruitment thread for you so no-one can post any more replies into it.
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 12:23   #6
Elder
Silver winged Dragon

Elder is an unknown quantity at this point

Coven has a great community, dedicated members and very competent HC.. Supersander knows what he is doing and i believe he will manage to get Coven up among the top alliances.. Good luck to you

Co-founder of Veneratio

#Veneratio
www.veneratiohq.org
Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 04:01   #7
Kattepis
De aroma komt je tegemoet

Kattepis is infamous around these parts

Goodluck you guys. Long but great post!
Kattepis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 04:34   #8
exblade
that one dude

exblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura about

Yay coven! orion still doesnt know how to spell "about" tho
ROCK - DC [ROCK]
The Galactic Vikings - DC [TGV]
Vengeance - DC [VGN]
CareBears - DC [CB]

Rounds 9.5,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,19,26,27,28,38
exblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 18:29   #9
joobles

joobles is an unknown quantity at this point

Join coven. Had a great time in it before rl issues took me away from pa.
joobles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 18:35   #10
exblade
that one dude

exblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura about

i love joobles!!!
ROCK - DC [ROCK]
Vengeance - DC [VGN]
CareBears - DC [CB]

Unread 3 Feb 2005, 06:55   #11
OrionIII
Force Adept

OrionIII is an unknown quantity at this point

JOOBLES!!!

Long time no see girl friend!!!

drop me a line if you are ever in washington , the state, as im moving there... or if you ever decide to return to PA, ill get you into Coven... or hell just for the hell of it.. to talk about old times.. and laugh at idiots.. like Sevrok.... lol Now thats a name im sure alot of forums people havent heard in a while...

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

I check them all... regularly... one of them i will definately get the email
Round 11 - Fusi0n HC / Coven Member / Coven Officer
Round 13 & 14 - Coven Officer
Round 15 - Insomnia
OrionIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 11:17   #12
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Joobles!! omfg

/me hugs

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2005, 16:42   #13
The Master

Alot of old dedicated members will be returning for r13 and we will have me as battle commander with lucrative attacks every night

I strongly recommend to all you fence-sitters and undecided PA players that you seriously consider joining us as this looks like it will be a fun round to be Coven
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 00:06   #14
HydroMafia

HydroMafia is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi can i join? i am new and i cant log into irc because of uni port blocks. But will be active for 2 weeks at easter i can visit you, my knowledge of the game is basic to none. but after summer ill have irc on 24/7 and im sure when i get into the game ill be just as good / active as everyone else.
im 19 and dont fuss about anything.
HydroMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 16:03   #15
Princessa
PA nOOb

Princessa will become famous soon enoughPrincessa will become famous soon enough

Good luck Coven!
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 12:19   #16
SOG

SOG is an unknown quantity at this point

Coven are great and Sander is nearly as fluffy as Arfy gl coven
SOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 12:23   #17
Supersander
'cause sex isn't enough

Supersander has a spectacular aura aboutSupersander has a spectacular aura aboutSupersander has a spectacular aura about

We're just trying to have as much fun as possible

b.t.w. I can always be contacted on [email protected], either by mail or MSN.
Supersander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2005, 07:00   #18
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

GL to Coven in r13

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2005, 06:07   #19
exblade
that one dude

Well the command has changed up a bit since r12, but we're still going strong!
If you are interested in recruitment pm me or reborn in #coven
other wise just hangout and play trivia!
ROCK - DC [ROCK]
Vengeance - DC [VGN]
CareBears - DC [CB]

Last edited by exblade; 31 Mar 2005 at 06:18.