User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 Mar 2005, 23:13   #1
HydroMafia

HydroMafia is an unknown quantity at this point
general info

use to play this when it first came out but stopped when they made us pay to play. ANYWAY, came back and realized pay is now an optional method. so i decided to sign up, despite my fustration in not being able to log in as the next round has not started yet. i just wanted to ask some questions that i probably could find my self by searching the forums but i really cba.

Anyway, here it goes.

1. Since im a complete newb does this mean im going to be put in a far away galaxy with other newbs that log in once and never log in again / account farmers with no politics.

2. are there these huge super alliances that noone would dare attack unless they fancied getting raped by 200+ people who most are in the top 10 and were generally unstoppable. think they were called Fury back in the day, i really cant remeber.

3. Since this game is erm, old now does it still have lots of newcomers etc, back in the day i seem to have caught it just before the craze, or is it just filled up with old dogs who roid hunt depending on the amount of allies they have?

4. is this game still strangly addictive and you tend to spend every hour of the day online waiting for the "tick" so you can purchase scanners / what ever collects roids asap.

5. in the case that there are alliances, any chance i can sign up to one of them so i can be taken under somones wing. (basically i just dont want to be easy picking for everyone else in the game.. if possible).

6. When will the next round start aprox?

7. anything else anyone want to add if you see where im coming from. (if any of you actually played this game when it first came out! )
HydroMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2005, 23:25   #2
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough
Re: general info

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroMafia
use to play this when it first came out but stopped when they made us pay to play. ANYWAY, came back and realized pay is now an optional method. so i decided to sign up, despite my fustration in not being able to log in as the next round has not started yet. i just wanted to ask some questions that i probably could find my self by searching the forums but i really cba.

Anyway, here it goes.

1. Since im a complete newb does this mean im going to be put in a far away galaxy with other newbs that log in once and never log in again / account farmers with no politics.
I think you'll have restrictions on your account, but i can't remember what they are. Stop being lazy and search on the forums for them as they're on here.

Quote:
2. are there these huge super alliances that noone would dare attack unless they fancied getting raped by 200+ people who most are in the top 10 and were generally unstoppable. think they were called Fury back in the day, i really cant remeber.
Number of people in an alliance is now limited to 100. Some alliances are viewed as "untouchable" though this is mainly because of the way that the other big alliances act, naming no names here

Quote:
3. Since this game is erm, old now does it still have lots of newcomers etc, back in the day i seem to have caught it just before the craze, or is it just filled up with old dogs who roid hunt depending on the amount of allies they have?
Both

Quote:
4. is this game still strangly addictive and you tend to spend every hour of the day online waiting for the "tick" so you can purchase scanners / what ever collects roids asap.
Yes

Quote:
5. in the case that there are alliances, any chance i can sign up to one of them so i can be taken under somones wing. (basically i just dont want to be easy picking for everyone else in the game.. if possible).
Yes, read the Alliance Recruitment part of the forum

Quote:
Read the announcements section and stop being so lazy
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2005, 23:35   #3
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

just play - upgrading your account is very cheap.. you'll have fun, trust me..

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 00:25   #4
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Galaxy's next round will have 2/3 buddy packs of to at most 3 people, and the rest of gal will be filled up with randoms, so there is a very large chance that the guys from the budy packs will be active alliance people (though payed randoms will be shuffled into buddypacks first)

Quote:
Hehe, Fury and Legion back in the good old days, got raped by them a few time Since alliance limit is now 100 members there can't be memberwise superalliance, and the #1 alliance last round won with 66 members and had twice score/roids as #2 alliance which has 100 members.... Won't go further into this cause this will cause flame war It's long not as bad as it was.

Quote:
Good mix of noobs and experienced players

Quote:
Hehe *thinks back to the last month of r12 where I got most nights at most 5 hrs of sleep, and was on 10+ hrs a day going to bed at 4am, getting back up between 8 and 10* So yes

Quote:
Good number of alliances that would probebly take you, look around on forums and alliance recruitment forum.

Quote:
Announcements.

Quote:
7. anything else anyone want to add if you see where im coming from. (if any of you actually played this game when it first came out! )
Game has changed a lot since you last played, there are 4 different races with each different strengths/weaknesses/special abilities, each ship targets only 1 other shipclas, the maximum number of asteroids you can mine and get recourses from is 8000, and that's if you have all mining researches done (there are a LOT) You can initiate roids if you have the recourses, you no longer have to scan and find them before you can init.

Any more questions just ask Read around a bit on the forums as well to get a bit more up to date.
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 10:37   #5
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I think the way it is now its even more addictive than when I started of in round 2
When I left round 6 (short term memory) and came back in end of rd11 and start of r12 I could'nt sleep with out 1 last check just incase.
And JGP yourself is a habit nowadays (jumpgate probe you will learn )

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 18:27   #6
HydroMafia

HydroMafia is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the informative information. nice to see the community isnt a bitter one (like cs)
HydroMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 21:55   #7
Goafer LX

Goafer LX has a little shameless behaviour in the past

umm. good alliacne to join = "G.O.A.T"
hope to see u there, and btw, the "untouchable" alliance that others pseak of is "1up", as far as i can work out (only played for 2 roudns myself) 1up is "Fury" remade....
have fun mate

[INS]Goafer
Goafer LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 22:00   #8
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
thanks for the informative information. nice to see the community isnt a bitter one (like cs)
Informative Information is a bit redundant, wouldn't you say
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 23:42   #9
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

I think you'd be surprised how many old players are still around, HydroMafia. I for one have played every round. I have to say that, when round 10 started, I wasnt too impressed; but after the small updates made for 10.5 and 11, the game has grown on me and I started to enjoy it again