User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 13:18   #1
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
How many days?

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4411358.stm

Thats just the latest one i found on the bbc website, obviously the story has been running for some time.

Anyway, what does everyone think about this? There are so many different angles to the situation.

Firstly it can just be seen as how Blair wants us to see it, a neccessary amendment to the law due to the changing international situation. We are told that the police have asked specifically for 90 days, as that is what they think they need to effectively protect us. I'm always sceptical about people reccommending that they are given more power, for obvious reasons.

Then again, I imagine a certain amount of it is just a power struggle within the Labour party. It's the weakest Tony has been since he came to power (to my recollection at least), and the reduced majority means that backbenchers can actually make a difference again. Its nice to see the executive not get it's way for once.

Of course, it's quite probable that this was predicted anyway and they never wanted 90 days in the first place. I certainly don't see how they could have expected it to get through.

Legally, I'm quite confused. Would this bill mean the suspension of Habeus Corpus? I expect I'm wrong as I haven't heard anything about it, but it certainly seems like a major constitutional change in any case.

Anyway... discuss.