User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 May 2006, 09:53   #1
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough
Anti-bash

This round there's something out of place. How can it be that a guy with 3 million value attacks someone at 10% of his value, and about 15% of his roids? (And 40% of his score). I know there are lots of anti-xp whores around, but this is just ridiculous. I don't mind losing roids but there are people bashing with such big fleets that they eliminate most defence. (OK, I got some, but that doesn't happen every time.) I think the score bash limit should be around 60%, or if the attacking planet is over 4 times your value, that he can't attack you no matter how much score you have.

And who is so much of a chicken attacking someone 1/10th his size?
Lοki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2006, 10:10   #2
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about
Re: Anti-bash

Ziks will need good targets, since they often ends up with high value, but without any real good attack-fleets.

And high-score planets will also need to be able to get targets, and to high bash limit could make it a really boring round for them.
Unread 21 May 2006, 10:46   #3
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Well, if you will change the reason why bashing didn't happen in previous rounds
Unread 21 May 2006, 16:00   #4
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilatus
Ziks will need good targets, since they often ends up with high value, but without any real good attack-fleets.

And high-score planets will also need to be able to get targets, and to high bash limit could make it a really boring round for them.
ANYONE with 3 million value could attack someone with value higher than 500k, almost certainly someone with value over 1m and probably someone with 2 million value. If they choose me as a target it is only because of easy roids, not because they couldn't hit someone bigger.

and btw, it was a xan.
Lοki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2006, 01:48   #5
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

that's the way of the game. A player losing roids in a raid will look for an easy way to replace them up to the max he can mine. Above that number he'll be looking for higher XP roids...
Unread 29 May 2006, 19:12   #6
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

so are we promoting the big and powerful to annihilated the weak?
are we to assume it s right and fun for all players to kill noob and small planets?
are we proposing that a 10 million value attacker is right in destroying any planets he want , just because that planet has more than 500 roids?

maybe someone will listen and put a negative score penalty to attacker that goes below or equal to 50% of their value! with a penalty of 2k to score for each roid taken or each 1k of fleet stolen, small target would be protect from the big guys. but would still be open to medium and small ones.

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked

Last edited by rop1964; 29 May 2006 at 19:26.
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2006, 19:30   #7
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop1964
so are we promoting the big and powerful to annihilated the weak?
are we to assume it s right and fun for all players to kill noob and small planets?
are we proposing that a 10 million value attacker is right in destroying any planets he want , just because that planet has more than 500 roids?
Want to know the reason for why that is happening? I'll tell it to you anyway, even if you didn't want it: Because they can.

I'm not saying that it is the right thing to do, but the game allows you to do it, so why not? afterall the xp is useless in this round.
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2006, 00:23   #8
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

XP isnt useless - its just hard to get if you are big.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2006, 06:00   #9
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

I'd prefer to replace the bash limit by negative XP. Negative XP if you launch at a too small planet, negative XP for each tick you keep attacking it and negative XP for any roid you steal and ship you kill/steal.

Another idea would be to allow small planets (below universe average) to 'buy' extra protection ticks.
Unread 30 May 2006, 06:07   #10
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
I'd prefer to replace the bash limit by negative XP. Negative XP if you launch at a too small planet, negative XP for each tick you keep attacking it and negative XP for any roid you steal and ship you kill/steal.
just make the feature with the production bug more usefull

up the salvage a bit so the guys can rebuild faster
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2006, 02:22   #11
Makhil

production bug ? fix it. Implement 1 tick delay before canceling a prod.