User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 17 Feb 2006, 13:41   #1
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
So, PA team?

After PaN was cut to the bone, i've seen little news about what changes r17 will bring. Could the PA team take some time to shed some light on this?

I dont mean to be nosy, just that I would like to see what plans are ready for the new round of PA.

I am also sure that all the new players who are curious about the game would like to know more about what the next round will bring in order for them to decide if they want to play or not.

Unread 17 Feb 2006, 15:15   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: So, PA team?

Kargool's de-retired now, actually. I'd also like to know what form the bastardised PA:N will take.
Unread 17 Feb 2006, 16:09   #3
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

yup same here

edit
what sad git gave me neg rep for that comment ffs

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel

Last edited by gzambo; 19 Feb 2006 at 11:42.
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2006, 20:20   #4
TheBull
Ph33r Us!

TheBull is infamous around these partsTheBull is infamous around these parts

I think they made it clear that when they scraped the PAN that changes would be minimal.
TheBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2006, 20:31   #5
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

The lack of PA team response certainly dont bode well for any major changes:/

Wasn't there mention of that passport system being incorporated?
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2006, 20:44   #6
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

/me watches a tumbleweed pass by..
Unread 18 Feb 2006, 22:18   #7
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Will probably be minimal changes. As long as the same 2400 or so signups flow in every round, I doubt jolt will fish out the proper bucks for a coder. As most of you will play anyway. A stats change is almost garunteed. I look forward to it.
Unread 18 Feb 2006, 22:54   #8
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

I sure hope there will be minor stat changes. They way they change the stats every round is comfusing for new players.
Unread 18 Feb 2006, 23:17   #9
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Actually, two rounds in a row with similar stats is bad. Like, next round with these stats, would see an even more influx of terrans.
Unread 18 Feb 2006, 23:52   #10
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Well, i said similar, not totally the same.
Unread 19 Feb 2006, 15:48   #11
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

After this sucessfull advertising process to make ppl know about the game i bet Jolt will cancel for a while PA:N

Not that i was looking foward tbh

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2006, 20:39   #12
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Isnt half of the current team quitting due to work related stress?
Unread 20 Feb 2006, 13:52   #13
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxi
Isnt half of the current team quitting due to work related stress?
Dont know how many's quitting, but some answers to what possible changes they are considering would be great..
Unread 20 Feb 2006, 15:12   #14
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Give it time. It's still 1 month left of this round and then probably another month before next round.
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 22:17   #15
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I know none of the PA team have replied to this thread yet, and I'll try and justify why and answer the questions made.
I know a lot of the PA team have been stepping down in the last year or two so. It has lead to a bit of uncertainty, and that hasn't helped with the development or anything else.
Also, with Kloopy having so little time and energy left to code, having promised such a high-octane PAN and then having it almost fall down around our ears (as the more cynical of you expected), I now feel bad about saying things are going to happen until they're coded, bug tested and .. well basically already with us. We have got a few coders from the community (who will currently not be named :P) who aim to do some recoding.
We're basically aiming to code the passport* system, and then depending on time left, the combat engine and basically the rest of the game. I'd personally like to see the major changes coming in alliance tools and adding extra features for paid accounts to make the game slightly less 1 dimensional (logging in 3 times a day and XP whr0ing to win).
I can't see the buddy pack rules staying, and the game will be setup to be more defensive than this round (hopefully by stats, if not through other defence-related bonuses like XP). The game will possibly be slightly more galaxy orientated again, although it's not quite decided the best way(s) to do that.
As you can see, this is only slightly more detailed than the announcement on the forums, because tbh I'd prefer not to promise anything until it's done. With a new group of people working together and just being NDAed / who have just been NDAed, a lot will depend on how the setup forums and how the actual final design and implementation goes, not to mention bug testing!

*as this post contains the word passport, all information about the future game abilitys contained within it is void within a day of the post.
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 22:46   #16
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
sounds rubbish :/
well, the other option was making the buttons sparkle on mouseover and having an audible "welcome to planetarion" message.
There'd also optionally be a button fondly labelled "phraktos" for alliances, and the ability to get a date with meaple for the person who sends the most homo-erotic ingame pa mail.
Unfortunately, with the vote at 4vs 3, we went for the idea I mentioned first .
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 23:28   #17
Appocomaster
PA Team

I don't know :/ I'm not very good at flash.
Unread 23 Feb 2006, 02:39   #18
KingAlan

KingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the rough

if you only have time for a few changes, I'd love to see an alliance fund added... (and scanners getting paid out of it)
Round 13- complete n00b, 13:5:19
[Hidden Agenda member from round 14 on out]
Round 14: 11:7 MoD, final rank 1006
Round 15: 11:9:7, Galactic Commander, final rank 724
Round 16: 4:5:7, GC (The Colt 4-5's), final rank 380
Round 17: [forgot my final result]
Round 19: final rank 233
Round 20: 2:7:15, final rank 222
Round 23: bad end rank, crashed too many times
Round 24: am playing Zik

I provided the name for Round 16, "The End of an Era".
KingAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 01:45   #19
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
After PaN was cut to the bone, i've seen little news about what changes r17 will bring. Could the PA team take some time to shed some light on this?

I dont mean to be nosy, just that I would like to see what plans are ready for the new round of PA.

I am also sure that all the new players who are curious about the game would like to know more about what the next round will bring in order for them to decide if they want to play or not.

Ffs, why so impatience? After all, this is basically just a big beta round.
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 01:46   #20
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilatus
Ffs, why so impatience? After all, this is basically just a big beta round.
Beta round eh? This is the same PA we've had for several rounds now, so I fail to see how this can be a beta round for PA:N which is a 'new PA'.