User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 28 Nov 2003, 22:51   #1
fbomber

fbomber is an unknown quantity at this point
How to play planetarion part 1

Okay i have only been here for about a week and i have started to see some gameplay aspects and how to suxceed in planetarion if your alone by yourself in 1 little galaxy.

1. If enemy attak RUN LIKE HELL.
This i choose 50% of the time when i get warning like this.
25,000 Enemey ships are about to attack you planet.

So naturaly i take what i can and run, with my 1000 strong fleet as it stands now. I will only defend if some forces are bellow my 1000 feelt or its just not worth loseing all that resources on one battle that your going to lose.

2. Agents do nothing.
3. Its cheaper to lose asteroids than keep them.
eg.. normaly they will take 10 asteroids, that will cost me 250K to replace them, but its cheaper to replace than to lose my main battle fleet.
4. If your in a galaxy with non active accounts, just steal asteroids off the same galaxy, its cheaper .

Well that it for me about now, huge odds, non friendly opposite galaxy that milk off non active accounts. Huge numbers, unbeatable odds.

Still its better than eve-online.
fbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2003, 23:46   #2
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about
Re: How to play planetarion part 1

Seems like it's more chaotic in the free uni then in the paid one
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2003, 01:08   #3
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbomber
Okay i have only been here for about a week and i have started to see some gameplay aspects and how to suxceed in planetarion if your alone by yourself in 1 little galaxy.

1. If enemy attak RUN LIKE HELL.
This i choose 50% of the time when i get warning like this.
25,000 Enemey ships are about to attack you planet.
Sounds weird to me that a guy with 25'000 ships can attack a guy who has only been in the game for one week Either you grow fast or then I'm fckn stupid who can't understand what might be the reason for this
Unread 29 Nov 2003, 09:26   #4
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

IMO, it's far too difficult to stand up for yourself until you get lots of scans, especially fleet analysis!

Once you have fleet analysis and enough amps, you can see what's coming...

You can then work tactics out from there. If he's sent all his anti-CR at you, then retal him with your own CR. He either has to get def from mates, or recall his fleet, or lose roids Also, this should help you decide whether to stand and fight or run away

Really though, you need to either be in an active gal, or in an Alliance. Once you get the hang of the game you'll be sorting out def quite well and will find it a lot easier to grow
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2003, 15:32   #5
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

For small players agents rock Only use them when their status is at least very high. Then find a big (free ofc) planet with a lot of roids, and cov-op him just after the tick. Use 10 agents with "hack resources" option. Normally you should get way more back than you invested in your agents Ofcourse you might fail some times, but it will still be profitable.
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2003, 18:59   #6
Yama
Rockin' a beat.

Yama has a spectacular aura aboutYama has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbomber
Still its better than eve-online.
I strongly disagree.

*bye now!*

Yama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2003, 08:47   #7
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

It IS better than Eve-Online? Oh well, the fascination for the new toy...
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote