User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 23 Nov 2003, 23:41   #1
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
see.. you CAN have fun with this game

right so i got attacked yesterday and didn't notice til eta 4 (oops)
my gal didn't even try to cover me so i was on my own. (being allianceless it does make things difficult)

anyways.. i did something i haven't done in ages.. i figured out what ships were being sent, 'calced' the battle in my head and went 'oh shite'
i had to run my fleets.. but where? oh i could take the easy way out and send to a galm8.. but their attacks were already covered and no one was being attacked eta5. so i thought i'd have some fun. i went into 3 seperate channels on irc and asked for random numbers. one was between 1 and 47, the other two were between 1 and 10.
i can't tell you which numbers were picked cause that'd be giving away coords, etc.. but funnily enough they all picked the same number!
3 channels that had no contact with each other picked the same number. so anyway.. i send my fleet out to def that planet for comedy value.
this morning i work up and found a galm8 of the random planet pm'd me saying i could recall my def as the attacker had recalled. i was more or less expecting a 'wtf are you doing??' msg.. but this was funny enough.

glad i could help someone completely random
Unread 23 Nov 2003, 23:49   #2
Empress
Inactive as they come

Empress is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: see.. you CAN have fun with this game

Not really suprising the random planet you sent to was under attack tho...the game is so small these days.

Make it a rule of life never to regret and never to look back. Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can't build on it; it's only good for wallowing in.
--Katherine Mansfield
Unread 23 Nov 2003, 23:59   #3
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

lol. nice one
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 00:09   #4
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

It's possible he just clicked the 'send recall messages to defenders' button rather than type a 'wtf?' reply.

Sorry for ruining your happy-ending :((
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 00:44   #5
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtothez
It's possible he just clicked the 'send recall messages to defenders' button rather than type a 'wtf?' reply.

Sorry for ruining your happy-ending (
Nice try to ruin a happy ending, but it were a galm8 that sendt the message
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 02:07   #6
Dreadnought

Aryn this is PD material, surely you know this.

Unread 24 Nov 2003, 02:15   #7
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
my gal didn't even try to cover me so i was on my own. (being allianceless it does make things difficult)

anyways.. i did something i haven't done in ages.. i figured out what ships were being sent, 'calced' the battle in my head and went 'oh shite'
i had to run my fleets.. but where? oh i could take the easy way out and send to a galm8.. but their attacks were already covered and no one was being attacked eta5. so i thought i'd have some fun. i went into 3 seperate channels on irc and asked for random numbers. one was between 1 and 47, the other two were between 1 and 10.
i can't tell you which numbers were picked cause that'd be giving away coords, etc.. but funnily enough they all picked the same number!
3 channels that had no contact with each other picked the same number. so anyway.. i send my fleet out to def that planet for comedy value.
this morning i work up and found a galm8 of the random planet pm'd me saying i could recall my def as the attacker had recalled. i was more or less expecting a 'wtf are you doing??' msg.. but this was funny enough.

considering you have left your alliance before because you retired and stopped defending them i wouldnt call this "haveing fun".
You just showed that you can defend random ppl over the alliance youve been member in while im sure they had at this point (the 3h from eta 4-1) atleast 1-2 calls where they could have used your ships.

On the note of blowing your bubble, prolly the galm8 who mailed you woke up eta 5 and saw there was no attacker on his galaxym8 but a defending fleet so he was nice and mailed you to get your ships home.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 02:36   #8
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

you know
i really thought your intel was better than that focht :\
fact is i've always been more of a defence planet for any alliance i've been in. also i didn't retire, i was requried to quit my alliance as a pateam decision was made that the core pateam members shouldn't be in an alliance. i understood the reason, as it'd cause less bias, and so i left my alliance quietly. my HC knew of this.

anyways, dread's right.. this is more PD :P
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 04:22   #9
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Fun with the game constitutes mocking anyone who attacks you.

But I don't play anymore, so boo
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 04:47   #10
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Fun with the game consists of sitting in #pateam at 3:42 on a Sunday morning and wondering which one of us does any bloody work.

Fun with the game consists of making inane jokes whenever anyone tries to get any work done.

Fun with the game consists of laughing your ass off when people disconnect as they're doing work.

Fun with the game has never consisted of doing work.
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 08:02   #11
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I hope *:4:* is happy.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 14:48   #12
Anakin
Stealth & Shadows

Anakin is on a distinguished road

*smiles* .... randomness is allways fun (-:

Nice to see peeps enjoying the game and having something positive to say for a change
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 18:10   #13
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

i find this boring post drivel at once....

but nice reaction to attack
you could have tho still countered the ass out of your attacker...
just an idea...
Unread 25 Nov 2003, 18:36   #14
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Fun in this game is posting on the wrong forum and getting banned.
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 23:16   #15
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

erm.. fun in this game? where?!?!?
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 23:22   #16
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

hey Dain, post another shit thread, they're funny

Unread 2 Dec 2003, 23:29   #17
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Aryns storry was a sweet and nice story. Can't understand some peoples need to flame for it.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 16:03   #18
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn

Riveting!
Closed Thread