User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Apr 2003, 22:48   #1
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about
Brasil.exe, Brasil.pif and whatever it's called.

Id appreciate it if any of you ppl have defeated this nasty worm, and can give me some help.

I've tried to edit the win.ini file but the worm still comes pupping up from time to time. I could ofcause just reinstall win98, but i'm more interested in how to beat this worm.

I'm also a bit worried that reinstalling win98 migth make me have to reinstall win2k again.
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 23:54   #2
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The good news: Your worm is known about.
The bad news: You need to find out which varient it is.

All of these varients use "brasil" files:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com...rv.e.worm.html
http://securityresponse.symantec.com...rv.g.worm.html
http://securityresponse.symantec.com...rv.h.worm.html

Find out (ie. get a virus scanner) and follow the recommendations.
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 19:59   #3
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Interesting virus-related "league table".

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 08:27   #4
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
1 I-Worm.Klez 37.60%

This babey owned me once :/
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 11:17   #5
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by mbushell
1 I-Worm.Klez 37.60%

This babey owned me once :/
dont feel bad, it got me too
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 11:22   #6
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Norton email scanning is 'teh win'.

Unread 8 Apr 2003, 13:12   #7
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
i've never had a virus
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 16:29   #8
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

I've only ever been infected once by a virus - Manzon. It was once incredibly common and I got it from some disks containing a dodgy copy of a borland C++ compiler (ironically, from the technician at my old secondary school).

I also got sub7'ed once, but that was more a case of social engineering by my mate who was just having a laugh.

Unread 8 Apr 2003, 17:39   #9
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Kumnaa
i've never had a virus
same, or none I've noticed
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 18:15   #10
Pineapple
Banned

Pineapple is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
Interesting virus-related "league table".

M.
they have a league table on our college intranet of viruses found, klez is at the top and they get about 6 infections a week i think.
Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 18:32   #11
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Simply because there's far too many people using Outlook Express with no email virus scanner, i suspect.