User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:18   #1
paranoia away

iraq = not smart. North Korea = smart

look at it this way, would you take on a country with nukes? no you wouldnt and not even dubya is dumb enough to do that, so north korea is going to be left alone.

however iraq has stated that they have no WMD and they are even letting americans in to look around, and dontcha just know that dubya bush is gunna say "they lied, lets bomb 'em"

but aint noone gunna take on korea cause they might get their allies nuked. after all if i was kim and i was being attacked i would launch nukes at my enemies, esp if i thought i was in danger.

thats Shai Gars Opinion anyway
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:24   #2
Crackmonkey
monkey on crack

Crackmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Dubya is after the oil. That is why the US is going to war with Iraq.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:25   #3
Nixjim
Commander

Nixjim is an unknown quantity at this point
Not to mention fighting in a desert is much easier than fighting in a jungle.
Nixjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:27   #4
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
nuclear weapons = the anti-

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:29   #5
paranoia away

americans dont fight, they just bomb things.

anyway, if i was saddam i would say, i have nuclear weopans, come on you ****s, attack me, watch me take out israel and ur east coast
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:30   #6
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Nofutcha will become famous soon enoughNofutcha will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Nixjim
and the fact that the US's record in NK isnt great, and that NK and china are chums.

#phnx
Nofutcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:32   #7
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
China's 30-million man standing army = definetly the anti-

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:35   #8
Nixjim
Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
nuclear weapons = the anti-

That actually made me laugh.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:36   #9
Nixjim
Commander

Make not war
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:36   #10
paranoia away

Quote:
China's 30-million man standing army = definetly the anti-
not to mention how many nukes aimed at america?
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:40   #11
Nixjim
Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by paranoia away
not to mention how many nukes aimed at america?

We aren't worried, we have a multi-billion dollar anti-missle defense system.

Oh, wait, that never has actually worked.

Me looks for a cave to hide in.

Come my bunnies, run away.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:42   #12
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Quote:
We aren't worried, we have a multi-billion dollar anti-missle defense system.

We???? lol, you think the american government cares for its citizens when you guys are being bombed?

Im sure George Bush will dip the wings of Airforce one as he flies over the nuclear fallout.

#phnx
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:46   #13
Cochese
Retired

If it gets tense, I'm moving to Tahiti.

Failing that, I shall crash on ShaiGar's couch.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:47   #14
Nixjim
Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by Nofutcha
We???? lol, you think the american government cares for its citizens when you guys are being bombed?

Im sure George Bush will dip the wings of Airforce one as he flies over the nuclear fallout.

Sarcastic humor is lost on some people
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:48   #15
Nixjim
Commander

Quote:
If it gets tense, I'm moving to Tahiti.

Failing that, I shall crash on ShaiGar's couch.

(I would put tropical music here if I could)
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:49   #16
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Quote:
Sarcastic humor is lost on some people
i didnt quote the sarcastic part, i quoted the part i could use for my anti american rants.

ZING

#phnx
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:52   #17
Nixjim
Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by Nofutcha
i didnt quote the sarcastic part, i quoted the part i could use for my anti american rants.

ZING

Sarcasm RULES!!. Even if I'm to tired to care.

Night all, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 09:14   #18
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Korea has a temperate--not tropical--climate.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 09:32   #19
paranoia away

indeed, the point was korea has nukes, and wont be nuked, saddam should say he has nukes too.

thats Shai Gar's Opinion anyway
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 10:33   #20
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
personally.. I don't really see a problem with any of the asian countries.. why the hell everyone wants to bomb Korea, China etc all the time is beyond me. America just doesn't like anyone that's not whistling the same tune.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 10:57   #21
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
Re: iraq = not smart. North Korea = smart

Quote:
Originally posted by paranoia away
look at it this way, would you take on a country with nukes? no you wouldnt and not even dubya is dumb enough to do that, so north korea is going to be left alone.

however iraq has stated that they have no WMD and they are even letting americans in to look around, and dontcha just know that dubya bush is gunna say "they lied, lets bomb 'em"

but aint noone gunna take on korea cause they might get their allies nuked. after all if i was kim and i was being attacked i would launch nukes at my enemies, esp if i thought i was in danger.

thats Shai Gars Opinion anyway
I totally disagree with this statement.

Firstly the Iraqi government has had over 5 years to hide there weapons of Mass destruction, either in neighbouring countries that are sympathetic secretly to Saddam.

Or he has them hidden in secret areas of Iraq, one does not know, but there has not been U.N inspectors in Iraq, until now, 5 years is a long time to hide something that you do not want the world to know about.

As for Korea, i dont think they are that smart in what they are doing, you dont threaten to take on the whole world, because they will cut of your fuel supplies.

Japan tried this caper and look what happened to them in world war two.

You have to remember that there are troops stationed in South korea that are allied troops, and also these are allied troops.

Plus the fact that write now as i am typing this there is probably a ballistic missile submarine sitting right off the coast of North Korea right now as i am typing this, Korea does not have much of a navy so they would not know this fact at all.

There is a huge U.S base in Japan, where there are warships stationed there, that is not too far from Korea, not to mention the Pacific Islands where there's the strategic bomber core of the U.S

There is too many targets for Nth Korea to aim at, where as the U.S has enough Nukes to cause Korea significant worry and grief.

Plus if Korea fired a nuke, well that would not go down well with the neighbour and bring condemnation of the world upon it.

This is not a U.S Korea issue, this is a Korea, U.N issue....

The U.S just placed sanctions on Korea that is all.

China maybe communist and the Russian states or the former soviet Union are also former communists, but the Russians and the Japanese and other nations have been trying to solve this peacefully.

Korea is flouting with world opinion here, and the fact that the Chinese have not really said anything of this issue other than there diplomat going to Korea, more than states that this is a global issue, rather than a nation vs nation issue.

You dont threaten countries or the world, with Nuclear weapons for placing an embargo on fuel, that is by no means something to be taken lightly, and the fact that the Koreans have threatened Japan and other nations with war is testament to this, tough stance taken by the Koreans.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 11:14   #22
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: iraq = not smart. North Korea = smart

Quote:
Originally posted by Terra Australis
Japan tried this caper and look what happened to them in world war two.
They bombed Pearl Harbour, as I recall.

Quote:
Plus the fact that write now as i am typing this there is probably a ballistic missile submarine sitting right off the coast of North Korea right now as i am typing this, Korea does not have much of a navy so they would not know this fact at all.
If you've guessed it, I'm fairly sure they'll have too. What if they read that post and gleaned secret military operations information!

Quote:
There is too many targets for Nth Korea to aim at, where as the U.S has enough Nukes to cause Korea significant worry and grief.
It doesn't have to take them all on, just one or two to cause significant damage. And the US won't be using nukes just because of the threat of them from another country, for a start the UN wouldn't allow it, and if the US ended up going alone it would be them facing world condemnation.

Hello Cold War scenario #315

Quote:
China maybe communist and the Russian states or the former soviet Union are also former communists, but the Russians and the Japanese and other nations have been trying to solve this peacefully.
This reads very much like 'communism == evil'
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 11:48   #23
Terra Australis

In reply to your post....

Firstly Japan Bombed Pearl Harbour, but they eventually lost the war if my memory of the history of world war II serves me correctly, The Admiral that planned the attack on Pearl Harbour studied in the U.S and warned his counterparts against it.

Yamato said that if you choose to go through with this, i can only give you 18 months of Military victories, and then the superior U.S industry will allow more weapons to be produced, blus the audacity of the raid will galvanise the people.

Yamato actually studied in the U.S and was hesitant of comitting to a war with the U.S, as he knew of there industrial capablity..... and also of the resource rich nature of the land.

The fact that the raid on Pearl Harbour became before the declaration of war by Japan, enraged the U.S people and inspired the armed forces to fight hard, and the people get right behind the country.

The fact that Yamato said in his speech when the other admirals were toasting Yamato, he said "All i fear we have done is awaken a sleeping Giant" This was after hearing about the fact as mentioned above the attack started before the formal delcaration of war.

Secondly i would hardly say that a public forum is hardly classified military information, you have to remember that nuclear submarines are always on sorties unseen, that is there job to remain unseen, that is why you do not see a sub doing the wave the flag visits like aircraft carriers and other warships do.

That is why the Submarine service is called the "Silent Service", as everything that they do is mysterious and secret...

Point Three, Korea threatened any country that places sanctions on it, the Koreans view this as a declaration of war.
If korea launched a nuke first well they would be seen as the agressor, and the emphasis, would be on the target nation, and Sympathy would go to that nation.
World opinion would be against Korea...... for doing such an action.

Besides Korea would not have the launch vehicles to launch more than a few nukes, the U.S has 100's of the things remember.
1 Ballistic Missile submarine that the U.S has enough fire power on it to destroy every major city of the former Soviet Union, that is a fact........

Point Four

Doesnt the fact that China has kept quiete about this say something.

Also the fact that neighbouring nations surrounding Korea have been trying to solve this peacfully, some of the nations are communist, but other such as the former Soviet Union and Japan are not communist, by the way since when has Japan ever been a communist nation, they abhor the idea, that is why they tried so hard to wipe the Chinese out, besides the fact that they also wanted the land as well.

Thus the fact that South Korea, Japan and also the Russian Federation has tried to sort this out, along with envoys from the U.S and also the united nations is a testament that this is a world issue.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 13:38   #24
Fungi
Reincarnated PA Player

Fungi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
In reply to your post....

*snip*

I take it you don't like Korea that much?

Besides, the only reason why Korea got dragged into this is because of dubya's warmongering around the world. 'Oooh you got bigger guns than me; come on, let's threaten them cos we are so much bigger, ner ner ner ner ner'

Isn't that what this is all about? An overblown playground bullying scenario? 'Give up your dinner money or I kick the **** out of you'.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 13:50   #25
MOS

MOS is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Firstly the Iraqi government has had over 5 years to hide there weapons of Mass destruction, either in neighbouring countries that are sympathetic secretly to Saddam.

Or he has them hidden in secret areas of Iraq, one does not know, but there has not been U.N inspectors in Iraq, until now, 5 years is a long time to hide something that you do not want the world to know about.
You bought the propaganda

The americans say the Iraqies have to prove they dont have WMD. How, how do they do this - its imposible. In American law it is the prosecution that has to prove quilt and so it should be with Iraq - if America is the worlds police force then its their resposabilty to provide the evidence of quilt on the part of Iraq.

What about pakistan, what about india, what about NKorea, what about Israel, and others, what about AMERICA they all have WMD but we dont attack them.

I declare the US of A is a rogue state and see how they feel - ofcause they would laugh but that doesnt change the fact of who they are the worlds largest and most powerful rogue state.

Demand Regime change starting with George W Bush.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 14:15   #26
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
-- Snip --
When I referred to Pearl Harbour I was in fact referring to Japan having made a significant attack against a complacent USA, so when 'Japan tried it' they started off rather well.

Second, about the 'classified military information' bit? I was taking the piss. You seemed to be of the impression that with respect to subs being on the North Korean coastline, that

Quote:
they would not know this fact at all.
Come on.

Third, you misinterpreted me as saying 'Korea could 'av the US', when I in fact said that the US will not use nukes against a country just because they have them too and fear attack, they know it'd never get past the UN, and that Korea doesn't have to have lots of launch vehicles/platforms because as I said in the post to which you're apparently replying, because it only needs one or two strikes to make a lasting impression.

Read, then reply.
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 08:33   #27
Terra Australis

Quote:
Originally posted by Fungi
I take it you don't like Korea that much?

Besides, the only reason why Korea got dragged into this is because of dubya's warmongering around the world. 'Oooh you got bigger guns than me; come on, let's threaten them cos we are so much bigger, ner ner ner ner ner'

Isn't that what this is all about? An overblown playground bullying scenario? 'Give up your dinner money or I kick the **** out of you'.
Actually i dont have a problem with North Korea, and the fact that Australia, co-incidently is the first Western nation to send diplomats to try and help diffuse the situation has to count for something.

As for the bigger guns statement North Korea currently has a standing army of 1 million troops, and that is not counting the reserves that they could muster up...

The fact that as shown in News reports in 2001 they fired a dummy nuclear missile that actually passed over Japan, that can be regarded in itself as a provocative act.

You have to remember that the Koreans expelled the Nuclear inspectors from the Atomic agency and also removed the cameras from the reactor that they have just recently started.

These cameras were installed by a treaty agreement.
The Koreans broke that agreement simple as that, you cannot have nations flouting United Nations agreements, otherwise what would that show to other wannabe nations of the world, that would pursue other copy cat incidents, if the United Nations let North Korea get away with the actions that they have done so far.

This is not an issue against North Koreas people, but a deeper issue of breaking a treaty that the Koreans signed and now they are breaking there part of the bargain.....

So the world is right in wanting to put sanctions on Korea, but the Koreans stated that any nation that does this, this action will eb viewed as an act of war... you just cant have such threats being passed around like that, especially from a nuclear capable nation, even though this capability is estimated to be small, it is still a nuclear capability none the less.
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 08:47   #28
Terra Australis

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
When I referred to Pearl Harbour I was in fact referring to Japan having made a significant attack against a complacent USA, so when 'Japan tried it' they started off rather well.

Second, about the 'classified military information' bit? I was taking the piss. You seemed to be of the impression that with respect to subs being on the North Korean coastline, that

Come on.

Third, you misinterpreted me as saying 'Korea could 'av the US', when I in fact said that the US will not use nukes against a country just because they have them too and fear attack, they know it'd never get past the UN, and that Korea doesn't have to have lots of launch vehicles/platforms because as I said in the post to which you're apparently replying, because it only needs one or two strikes to make a lasting impression.

Read, then reply.

Point 1 Yes the Japanese did o.k in there attack on Pearl Harbour i use the term O.K as they missed there primary target of hitting the aircraft carriers.... of all the ships that were sunk in Peral Harbour all were refloated and deployed for war other than the Battleship Arizona which overturned and capsized.

The fact that the ships were able to be refloated was due to the fact of the shallow nature of the harbour.

The Doolittle raid by American Mitchell bombers from carriers, while doing little material damage to Japans wartime production, was a huge shock to them, especially when several bombers flew over the emeprors palace, of whom the Japanese regarded as a living god.

This was also a huge boost to American Morale.....

Point 2, Kind of assumed that you were taking the piss, so to speak, but you never know some people have made statements as you made, and actually believed that posting such things, as though you are revealing secret information.

Point Three i know exactly what you meant, but if North Korea felt that its back was against the wall, and they launched a nuke, at any target well that would cause a knee jerk reaction, and it woule be extremely hard for any nation not to fire a "nuke back as a retaliation.

I know that the U.S would not seek to willingly launch a nuke against Korea, as there are other avenues to achieve peace.

That is why there is so much effort being put into achieving a peaceful resolution to this standoff.

Korea has a very large army like 1 million men as i said in my other post, not counting reserve troops etc...... thus in conventonal terms they could do alot with this army.

The fact that know one would willingly fire a nuke off is due to the fact of a term called Mutually assured destruction.

Korea would get whatever nukes they had off, then what?????

This would either bring about a nuclear responce, or worse consequences such as invasion etc????

As for your comment about 1 or 2 strikes making a lasting impression, that's why Japan surrendered after being bombed in Hiroshima, and Nagasaki...... as there was no point to keep on fighting, against a force that they could not beat!
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 08:57   #29
Terra Australis

Re: Re: Re: iraq = not smart. North Korea = smart

Quote:
Originally posted by MOS
You bought the propaganda

The americans say the Iraqies have to prove they dont have WMD. How, how do they do this - its imposible. In American law it is the prosecution that has to prove quilt and so it should be with Iraq - if America is the worlds police force then its their resposabilty to provide the evidence of quilt on the part of Iraq.

What about pakistan, what about india, what about NKorea, what about Israel, and others, what about AMERICA they all have WMD but we dont attack them.

I declare the US of A is a rogue state and see how they feel - ofcause they would laugh but that doesnt change the fact of who they are the worlds largest and most powerful rogue state.

Demand Regime change starting with George W Bush.
The fact that the Iraqi political leaders have long flouted the United Nations is a testament to there defiance.

All them nations do have weapons of mass destruction, but they do not use it against there own people.

You do not see the Americans putting down a demostration in downtown Kentucky using poisonous gas, as the Iraqi's did against the Kurds in the North of there country.

It is widely documented that the Iraqis have willingly used chemical weapons against there own populace who do not agree to the policies of the ruling government of Iraq.

The fact that the United nations have also stated that the dossier that Iraq put forward about the weapons programs that they have had in the past, contained no real new evidence, or any new information, this has got to stand for something.

I have not bought the propaganda, but given Iraq's past record in there dealings with the U.N and the flouting of imposed sanctions, one cannot help to be a little cynical about Iraq and there intentions, they have proven be decietful in the past, what makes anyone think that they have changed in there ways?????
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 11:20   #30
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
As for your comment about 1 or 2 strikes making a lasting impression, that's why Japan surrendered after being bombed in Hiroshima, and Nagasaki...... as there was no point to keep on fighting, against a force that they could not beat!
'Yes'. Am I being agreed with? Ace.
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 14:09   #31
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Excuse me?
Havn't you heard what happens to all our (the UK's) equpment in the presence of sand?
For some odd reason all of our tanks/helicopters/automated weapons only operate reliably in a cleanroom.

Unread 14 Jan 2003, 14:19   #32
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Most of you seem to be under the impression that you know whats actually going on.
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 15:40   #33
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
They could make new episodes of M*A*S*H tho...
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 15:49   #34
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Re: Re: Re: iraq = not smart. North Korea = smart

Quote:
The fact that the Iraqi political leaders have long flouted the United Nations is a testament to there defiance.
Well, more precisely, Saddam.

Quote:
All them nations do have weapons of mass destruction, but they do not use it against there own people.
That is, unfortunately, irrelevant for the purposes of this.

The stated problem with Iraq is that it could act, or will act as a threat to it's neighbours - whether it gases Kurds is not the issue.

This is, supposedly why we are looking for said weapons.

Incresingly, I hear the 'Iraq is bad, mkay.' argument though, from both unofficial and official sources, which is probably symptomatic of the complete inabiltiy of The US or Britian to yet make a solid case that Iraq is a threat to it's neighbours.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 16:03   #35
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumnaa
Most of you seem to be under the impression that you know whats actually going on.
Quiet, you.
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 10:34   #36
Terra Australis

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
'Yes'. Am I being agreed with? Ace.
I didnt say i was not disagreeing with you, all i stated was that Nth Korea know that it is a numbers game with the Nukes.

The fact that the Americans have invested in the ballistic missile defence program, and infact could have had this "Ballistic Missile Shield" running for a long time, and infact are adding further improvements to this, which they could be stating that they have only just began to build the thing.... of course this is all speculation.

But my point is even if the Koreans got a few Nukes off at say the U.S, the U.S has alot more nukes, a nuke can be fitted to a Tomahawk cruise missile you know, so if say a city was hit, the U.S could strike at Military targets or key installations with a Nuke.... and therefore i think the Koreans are smart enough to realise that they are outgunned here.

The Koreans are just sabre rattling that is all...... trying to play the game of bluff.... i think this thing can be sorted with diplomacy, that is why the world is investing such an effort into the diplomacy!
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 10:39   #37
Terra Australis

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: iraq = not smart. North Korea = smart

Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
Well, more precisely, Saddam.

That is, unfortunately, irrelevant for the purposes of this.

The stated problem with Iraq is that it could act, or will act as a threat to it's neighbours - whether it gases Kurds is not the issue.

This is, supposedly why we are looking for said weapons.

Incresingly, I hear the 'Iraq is bad, mkay.' argument though, from both unofficial and official sources, which is probably symptomatic of the complete inabiltiy of The US or Britian to yet make a solid case that Iraq is a threat to it's neighbours.
Point 1 agreed, but Saddam has the backing of the Military, and also alot of his family members are in the Iraqi poiltical system.

Point 2 This is not just an issue of the British or the U.S even though those two nations have contributed the bulk of the Military forces to that region.....

That is why there are United nations inspectors present in Iraq to prevent bias, also the fact that today the U.N inspectors found "questionable material" in Iraq, does get ones suspicions aroused here.

I knew it would be a matter of time before something was found, and the fact that the U.N inspectors have asked for more time, has stated that there could be more materials that have been deemed Illegal by the U.N present.
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 16:39   #38
Confraria
Tusa Lusa

Confraria is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Crackmonkey
Dubya is after the oil. That is why the US is going to war with Iraq.

Because of that and because of the million familys in US who depend of the Army industry... Thats the main reason for US to be at war every 10 fk years..

useless bunch of paranoid ppl. die already!

Ascendancy: Anarchy. Elitism. And no f*cking crashing
Confraria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 16:55   #39
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
i was curious about the earlier statement that Japan abhors Communism and that is why they tried to wipe out the Chinese

when did this happen? I thought the last time Japan and China were at war was before and during world war 2... BEFORE China was a Communist nation. Our history course was fairly clear about how the war was for economic reasons, too. The Depression hit Japan harder than most other nations, as most of their economy was based on the export of luxury products - during the depression, demand for these products plummeted. China was in the middle of a civil war and rich in natural resources, hence a bloody good target for a desperate Japan...
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 08:02   #40
Terra Australis

Quote:
Originally posted by Neferti
i was curious about the earlier statement that Japan abhors Communism and that is why they tried to wipe out the Chinese

when did this happen? I thought the last time Japan and China were at war was before and during world war 2... BEFORE China was a Communist nation. Our history course was fairly clear about how the war was for economic reasons, too. The Depression hit Japan harder than most other nations, as most of their economy was based on the export of luxury products - during the depression, demand for these products plummeted. China was in the middle of a civil war and rich in natural resources, hence a bloody good target for a desperate Japan...
In responce to your statement about the Japanese and there attacks on the Chinese.

At the time of world war II there were two factions in China, democratic supporters and communist forces, they were in a limited war when Japan attacked, but made a pact to defend there homeland against the Japanese agressor.

The reason that Japan attacked Asia and consequently China in the first place, was because the U.S imposed sanctions against the Japanese for there taking of a small portion of China, and there thrusts into other parts of Asia.

The Japanese responce was to go to all out war to get the resources necessary to support the military machine.

The Japanese attacked the Soviet Union but were pushed back, this caused the Russians and the Japanese to sign a non agression pact, that was not broken till Russia declared war on the Japanese at the end of World War II.

That is pretty much the way that it happened........
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 08:05   #41
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Re: iraq = not smart. North Korea = smart

The only reason we aren't sending troops into north korea is because they have howitzers aimed at seol. There is no other reason.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 08:09   #42
Terra Australis

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
The only reason we aren't sending troops into north korea is because they have howitzers aimed at seol. There is no other reason.
There are troops sationed on both sides of the border, Communist forces to the North of the Demilitarized zone, and Democratic forces to the South of the Demilitarized zone, with U.N troops stationed in Between.....

There are alot of guns from each side pointing at each other.......

The fact that there is and has been always U.S troops stationed in Korea since the Korean war!
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 08:23   #43
Mirai

Quote:
There are troops sationed on both sides of the border, Communist forces to the North of the Demilitarized zone, and Democratic forces to the South of the Demilitarized zone, with U.N troops stationed in Between.....

There are alot of guns from each side pointing at each other.......

The fact that there is and has been always U.S troops stationed in Korea since the Korean war!
I did say NORTH Korea.

And there aren't any UN forces in between them. But my point and reason is correct. Otherwise we would already of bombed the living christ out of their nuclear plant.

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Unread 17 Jan 2003, 07:16   #44
Terra Australis

Re: Re: Re: Re: iraq = not smart. North Korea = smart

Quote:
I did say NORTH Korea.

And there aren't any UN forces in between them. But my point and reason is correct. Otherwise we would already of bombed the living christ out of their nuclear plant.
Well there used to be U.N forces between both of the factions.

There is a demilitarised zone bewteen both of them though.

And as for your point about guns being pointed at Seol, there is also alot of guns pointing to the North......
Unread 17 Jan 2003, 07:26   #45
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Dunno where they get those howitzers you're talking about, but they must have some seriously long range.

The reason we don't send any troops to korea is there is a whole division there already (has been for the last 50 years) and one USMC expeditionary force in Japan, and another US Army division in Hawaii. We could put approximately 20,000 troops on the ground in under 24 hours, with the main force coming over the next 3 days.

Battle plan Korea:
NK attacks, US forces in country hold for 24 hours.
25th ID(Light) arrives with marines, hold 3 days.
US/Allies main effort stages and prepares main assault and begins move north in just under 5 days.

I used to be a member of that 3 day speed bump...not my idea of a good time.
Unread 17 Jan 2003, 07:49   #46
Mirai

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
Dunno where they get those howitzers you're talking about, but they must have some seriously long range.
SS, please don't make posts like this.

Even if there aren't any howitzers there NOW, that doesn't mean they can't be there within about an hour. If you don't believe they have any, I don't think China would give them too much trouble while purchasing them. If you don't believe china has any howitzers, and that somehow it's impossible to hit a target however far from the demilitarized zone, then change 'Howitzer' to 'SCUD Missile' Because we all know they seem to like producing those and selling them to nations like Yemen. You you can bet your ass there are at least 400 more of those pointing directly at Seol. The fact that they have previously fired one directly over Japan is somewhat worrying, don't you think?

Unread 17 Jan 2003, 07:59   #47
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
They're not worried about howitzers in the slightest. The artillery would be moved into range of the DMZ, launching chemical rounds on the forward US bases while troops moved south. This is a concern, but not reason enough to stop troop movements into the region. Chemical or even conventional artillery isn't all that effective against a prepared force. Nevermind that seoul is simply not in range of any effective attack that doesn't require rolling through the DMZ in force.

The reason they're not moving troops into the area is the fact that there are two entire divisions within 12 hours of the region, an entire navy battle group constantly nearby (the entire 7th fleet could be there in a matter of days), and a situation that would be greatly hampered by such maneuvers.

The situation is nowhere near critical, and troops will only move into the region when hostilities are all but certain.
Unread 17 Jan 2003, 08:04   #48
Terra Australis

Like i have ben saying all along there are the naval assets such as Submarines that could launch cruise missiles, for strategic targets.

There is also the fact that Stealth bombers could be launched from bases in Japan, B1B bombers could also be launched from Japan.

B52 Bombers from Guam could be launched that fire them new SLAM missiles that have been developed for the airforce, or cruise missiles could be launched from them.

A B52 would only have to come about 300 kilometres or so from Korea to launch its missiles, there could be aircraft doing combat patrols to protect these aircraft from attacks by fighters.

Fact there is also ground attack aircraft in South Korea, and also fighter aircraft, both U.S and Korean.

Not to mention that the fact South Korea has an army also.

Any missile that would be launched on Seol, i am sure that there would be Patriot anti Missile systems installed, around the perimter of Seol to stop such attacks, or make them harder to go through.

Scuds aint exactly that accurate remember, the 1991 Gulfwar showed that one, they would be just used as a terror weapon to attack cities, and this would only make the populace and the army want to figh harder.

Though North Korea has a big army, there would be alot of airpower called upon, that would come from a multi front attack, that would make an attack difficult as many targets would be hit at once, such as command and control centres, and other buildings ect necessary for the efficient running of a campaign.

The U.S also has Apache Gunships stationed in South Korea, that are specialists in ground attack, that would make it hard for an invading army...... as the defender would be able to trade land for time, and slow down the enemy with skillfull defence, while making the agressor extend there lines of supply, which would be under attack from the air as previosuly stated.

This is what happened in the first Korean war!
Unread 17 Jan 2003, 08:06   #49
Mirai

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
The reason they're not moving troops into the area is the fact that there are two entire divisions within 12 hours of the region, an entire navy battle group constantly nearby (the entire 7th fleet could be there in a matter of days), and a situation that would be greatly hampered by such maneuvers.
I didn't say 'The Region' I said 'North Korea'. I know full well that there are enough troops there to take on NK sucessfully. We just aren't preparing to attack NK like we are Iraq. And the reason for that, is because they have missles (or howitzers) that will fire on Seol if anyone crosses the DMZ.

Unread 17 Jan 2003, 08:08   #50
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

oh, and to give credit where it's due, the entire australian army isn't that far away either, and they're some tough buggers. Also, as Terra pointed out, the ROK army is present and if you've ever studied them, they're not exactly a joke either.