User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 19 Dec 2002, 16:27   #1
RIT

Get Rid of Galaxies!

Galaxies did their bit to build up the community and get the game going, im not saying that with such a low member base we should get rid of galaxys, but perhaps with a higher member base we should. It would mean each player is out on their own, no super 1337 galaxy mates to check your planet at 4:00, more attacks would get through, you would see bigger wars as Alliances fight over the Number 1 Player Position and some other stuff I cant be arsed to think about yet.

What do you think?
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 16:41   #2
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Because the community is what keeps 90% of people in this game, not the gameplay itself.

Removing galaxies would also cause people to retract even further into contact only with their alliances, meaning that virtually no-one will be bothering with newbies yet again, meaning game falls over once all old blood finally leaves.
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 16:41   #3
Galaxian

Galaxian is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Get Rid of Galaxies!

Quote:
Originally posted by RIT
Galaxies did their bit to build up the community and get the game going, im not saying that with such a low member base we should get rid of galaxys, but perhaps with a higher member base we should. It would mean each player is out on their own, no super 1337 galaxy mates to check your planet at 4:00, more attacks would get through, you would see bigger wars as Alliances fight over the Number 1 Player Position and some other stuff I cant be arsed to think about yet.

What do you think?
Less community spirit and communication.

New players would feel alienated and alone and leave.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 17:46   #4
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough
it would take the point out of playing... your supposed to play as a team and meet new ppl and all that ****.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 17:55   #5
Mike

Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Supernova9
Because the community is what keeps 90% of people in this game, not the gameplay itself.

too ****ing right

[EDIT - Oi Mike dont censor evade else i'll have to ban you - Wakey]
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 18:32   #6
RIT

Quote:
Originally posted by Supernova9

Removing galaxies would also cause people to retract even further into contact only with their alliances, meaning that virtually no-one will be bothering with newbies yet again, meaning game falls over once all old blood finally leaves.
I said not with too few a memberbase as there currently is, at 80k players or so there is no need in my eyes for galaxys. Makes it a lot bloody easier for HC's too
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 23:31   #7
Fanta1

the smaller community that galaxies provide ,rit i think keep an air of closeness to proceedings. sure alliances do likewise but the large memberbase isnt as often as snug and current or in your face as galaxy proceedings can be. see its not just defence eta aid galaxies provide, its also the spirit of helpin out and being 1 of 9 special dudes(sorry that sounded naff but its true) and the laff of politics..this last random round my gal declared which alliances they were with at start (well 9/10 and one 'unalligned' with friends) and we had nos helping get defence for elysium and fang and adelante and tfd when they not online and vice versa (their own alliances defence i must hasten to add)...wouldnt have got to meet these folks without the galaxies....
yes it may b priv8 gals this tiime but it will surely help u get to know other alliance m8s better.
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 04:40   #8
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of
ROFLMAO, no galaxies, i can imagine in no problem at all, its such a bad idea its past funny....:deer:
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 04:47   #9
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
With a LARGE memberbase, it could be feasable.

It would have to be supplemented with other measures though.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 13:31   #10
MysticYoshi

Go play earth or utopia if you don't want galaxies :/
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 14:33   #11
RIT

Quote:
Originally posted by MysticYoshi
Go play earth or utopia if you don't want galaxies :/
Utopia has kingdoms last time I played it.

Unpretteh :/
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 15:17   #12
-o|DarkJedi|o-

-o|DarkJedi|o- is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally posted by RIT

What do you think?
i think it should be tried in beta fast tick

sounds a laugh actually

<@JonnyFive> well there you go, dj's ego really is mightier than ships

<@Hevonen> DarkJedi, thank god

[00:02] <Iniluki> self glorfying sigs are ****ing childish
[00:04] <DarkJedi> arrogance is bliss
-o|DarkJedi|o- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 23:01   #13
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by RIT

What do you think?
Don't agree with you there. Maybe more attacks would get through, but where would the fun be. Most of the fun i've gotten from pa is thanks to galaxy's. If it weren't for galaxy's then all that would be left would be alliances, and you'll usually don't get to know alliancemates 's aswell as galmates. Having someone to watch over your planet while your sleeping without doing accountsharing is also something that i appreciate:smiley1:
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2002, 03:24   #14
McNeil

McNeil is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Get Rid of Galaxies!

Quote:
Originally posted by Pilatus
Don't agree with you there. Maybe more attacks would get through, but where would the fun be. Most of the fun i've gotten from pa is thanks to galaxy's. If it weren't for galaxy's then all that would be left would be alliances, and you'll usually don't get to know alliancemates 's aswell as galmates. Having someone to watch over your planet while your sleeping without doing accountsharing is also something that i appreciate:smiley1:
what he said
McNeil is offline   Reply With Quote