User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 1 Dec 2002, 06:55   #1
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Makain is an unknown quantity at this point
You deserve it!

All of you deserve this, all of you. This bickering community is nothing but a selfish ego-centeric piece of crap. You treat newbies like trash, and complain about anything and everything. You people even had the nerve to practically scream "LET IT DIE" and "I HATE WHAT PA HAS BECOME" on threads created to save PA, even when asked politely not to.

I came to PA mid-late Round 7, and despite the waves of anti-american sentinment, newbie-bashing (on the forums and alliance recruitment alike), and general bickering between alliance veterans (if I read one more thing about Killmark, or NoS, or Xanadu, or Fury god help me I don't know what I will do) I enjoyed and saw the potential of the game. People who might have helped save this game from its current predicament whined when a certain feature was added or taken away, their minds already made up if it would be a horrible thing even though they had never tried it before.

You people think it was the creator's fault for every little thing that went wrong with PA, and some of it I think (wasn't here all 7 3/4 rounds) might have been, especially in the finacial district. But sometimes I think PA wouldn't have failed if you people would stop blaming someone else, whether it be Fury, the creators, or NoS and take responsibility for your own problems. PA has become a convient excuse for real life problems, suddenly Spinner taking out Daggers or something led to you failing your finals, or the death of your dog from starvation. Get a grip people. You had your chance to save this game, most of you spit in the face of people trying to save it. I just got back from Brooklyn so I don't know if people here are cheering or crying, but stop throwing ideas and mailing Zeus about your pathetic little opinions. The time to make a difference has long past and now you have no one to blame but yourselves.

- Alerick of Rechs, Makain of Majakian
Makain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 07:41   #2
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
ok........
________
BUY MAGIC FLIGHT LAUNCH BOX

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:14.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 07:48   #3
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Re: You deserve it!

Quote:
Originally posted by Makain
This bickering community is nothing but a selfish ego-centeric piece of crap. [...] and complain about anything and everything.
welcome to planet earth

Quote:
[...] threads created to save PA [...]
why haven't ppl thought about creating threads to save the whales ?

Quote:
I came to PA mid-late Round 7
and u think u can comment about what pa once was, where it's coming from and who made which mistakes ?

Quote:
and despite the waves of anti-american sentinment
1. the drivel on GD doesn't reflect the opinion of this community
2. u shouldn't mix the terms "american ppl", "american country", "american politics" and "american leaders" into one word

Quote:
(if I read one more thing about Killmark, or NoS, or Xanadu, or Fury god help me I don't know what I will do)
luckily noone forces you to read the forums

Quote:
People who might have helped save this game from its current predicament whined when a certain feature was added or taken away, their minds already made up if it would be a horrible thing even though they had never tried it before.
of course the ability to predict the effect of a newly added feature didn't play into it

Quote:
You people think it was the creator's fault for every little thing that went wrong with PA, and some of it I think (wasn't here all 7 3/4 rounds) might have been, especially in the finacial district. But sometimes I think PA wouldn't have failed if you people would stop blaming someone else, whether it be Fury, the creators, or NoS and take responsibility for your own problems.
the creators are responsible for failing on the market, the creators are responsible for adding new features to the game and they are responsible for keeping their word.
the players and alliances are responsible to enjoy themselves the best they can and in whatever way they desire.

Quote:
PA has become a convient excuse for real life problems, suddenly Spinner taking out Daggers or something led to you failing your finals, or the death of your dog from starvation.
yah right. i see ppl stating such things every day on irc and the boards

Quote:
[b]You had your chance to save this game, most of you spit in the face of people trying to save it.[b]
i don't see how anyone but the creators could have decided measures to stop PA's financial downfall.

Quote:
your pathetic little opinions.
seems like we can agree for once...

Quote:
and now you have no one to blame but yourselves.
seems like you have noone to blame but the rest of this community.
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 07:59   #4
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
I blame Spinner for the fall of communism, it was just starting to look good to
________
EXTREME Q VAPORIZERS

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:14.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 08:21   #5
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Re: Re: You deserve it!

Quote:
Originally posted by at0mic.c0w
welcome to planet earth

A) why haven't ppl thought about creating threads to save the whales ?

B) luckily noone forces you to read the forums

C) of course the ability to predict the effect of a newly added feature didn't play into it

D)seems like you have noone to blame but the rest of this community.
Point taken on the comments not labeled.

A) Goto www.webcrawler.com and type in: save the whales

B) I tried to stay open minded to everyone's opinion, instead of posting criticism to every little thing I did not agree with.

C) One does not truly know until they try, it wasn't like an eco-system, mixing somethings around isn't potentially irreversible and can't injure the players physically.

D) I am not the one who was going from 'Save PA' thread to S'ave PA' thread spamming them with "PLANETARION SUCKS", or "LET PLANETARION DIE".
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 10:34   #6
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Quote:
All of you deserve this, all of you. This bickering community is nothing but a selfish ego-centeric piece of crap.
Quote:
D) I am not the one who was going from 'Save PA' thread to S'ave PA' thread spamming them with "PLANETARION SUCKS", or "LET PLANETARION DIE".
You can't accuse everyone who uses this forum of things like that, when the said actions were performed by a minority of one or two users.

Quote:
B) I tried to stay open minded to everyone's opinion, instead of posting criticism to every little thing I did not agree with.
If no1 posted criticism of the game, nothing would have ever got done because the creators would have thought that everyone was happy, which they weren't. Constructive criticism is a good thing.

Basically, if you don't like the forums - don't use them.
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 15:27   #7
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Baco is an unknown quantity at this point
/me sends Makain to the corner!

And plz stay there!

r4 - 133:25:?? PTA
r5 - 35:7:?? MI/ViruS/NoS/PTA
r6 - 21:7:4 NoS/PTA
r7 - 21:4:12 NoS/PTA
r8 - 25:5:9 NoS / Titans & Plush / PTA
r9 - 24:2:7 Olympians / PTA
WC4 - 1:6:4 winner gal
r9.5 - 42:7:8 & 11:2:25 & 19:2:16 Olympians / PTA / Plush
r10 - XX:YY:ZZ RaH!
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 16:20   #8
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

you have more planets then the one in my gal ? .
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 17:16   #9
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkAngel
you have more planets then the one in my gal ? .
Or maybe that was his round 7 planet name?
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 19:15   #10
Makain
Macintosh Defender

This was my way of flaming everyone who spammed un-constructive messages in every save-PA related thread, even when asked not to. And its my way of shaming those usually reasonable people who stood up for the spammers because they were temporarily the underdogs.

Whether you think I am a retard, agree with me, or don't agree with me is irrelevent and non-withstanding under my doctrine that you all are prejudice against Americans and deserve everything bad that comes your way. Thus any arugements you make aren't valid. Oh how it feels good to wrap myself in the long cast-aside shield of American-ignorance.
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 19:31   #11
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
lol...shamed? Nah. I find the entire situation rather amusing tbh

Ω
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 19:54   #12
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Makain, i think u should change nick & delete your pa forums account, u will be flamed all over i belive!!! stupid fecker!
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 19:58   #13
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: You deserve it!

Quote:

Oh god

Look Makain, you are an idiot. A retarded rhesus monkey can make better threads and have better opinions than you. You, in this thread, almost offended all of the PD and AD community. Look kid, sorry to tell you this, but your home-schooled mentality of "I can fit in" doesn't work here. Some of us are pissed at PA. You haven't been playing for a year, having your grades dip from a 3.83 GPA to a 2.79, after staying up till 3am to recall your fleet or covering defense calls. You haven't been bashed umpteen times and still came back for the community. In fact, ever since you've been here, you've been rather, to put it politely, "displeased", with our community. You think you can change us? Please. You're not the king of the world. You're not the only one here. We have our collective opinion. You're an American. Americans believe in the voice of the majority, and you here are blatantly going against it, yet citing the forums to be "anti-American". Well, hypocrisy have never gotten anyone respect beyond the ones given inspired by pity.

Now let's talk about your anger about GD. Because they criticize America, does not mean you get the right to criticize them. Freedom of speech is one of the founding principles of "The American Way" and is featured as the first amendment in the Bill of Rights. Yet you, in an attempt to "glorify America", is trying to surpress it. Your actions are very Unamerican yourself, don't you see?

And we deserve this because we're all anti-America? Please. With people like you living in MY country, I feel ashamed. Please, Makain, you suck at the internet. And I believe I speak for all of my European brethrens when I can say, you're a grade A hestkuk, a klootoog, a puderdose , and please, go back to the redneck hick hilbilly shotgun-wielding hellhole you crawled out of. Thank you.

Auro

The City of Cerritos, Los Angeles County, California, The United States of America
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 20:35   #14
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
All of you deserve this, all of you. This bickering community is nothing but a selfish ego-centeric piece of crap. You treat newbies like trash, and complain about anything and everything. You people even had the nerve to practically scream "LET IT DIE" and "I HATE WHAT PA HAS BECOME" on threads created to save PA, even when asked politely not to.

I came to PA mid-late Round 7, and despite the waves of anti-american sentinment, newbie-bashing (on the forums and alliance recruitment alike), and general bickering between alliance veterans (if I read one more thing about Killmark, or NoS, or Xanadu, or Fury god help me I don't know what I will do) I enjoyed and saw the potential of the game. People who might have helped save this game from its current predicament whined when a certain feature was added or taken away, their minds already made up if it would be a horrible thing even though they had never tried it before.

You people think it was the creator's fault for every little thing that went wrong with PA, and some of it I think (wasn't here all 7 3/4 rounds) might have been, especially in the finacial district. But sometimes I think PA wouldn't have failed if you people would stop blaming someone else, whether it be Fury, the creators, or NoS and take responsibility for your own problems. PA has become a convient excuse for real life problems, suddenly Spinner taking out Daggers or something led to you failing your finals, or the death of your dog from starvation. Get a grip people. You had your chance to save this game, most of you spit in the face of people trying to save it. I just got back from Brooklyn so I don't know if people here are cheering or crying, but stop throwing ideas and mailing Zeus about your pathetic little opinions. The time to make a difference has long past and now you have no one to blame but yourselves.

This man speaks the truth! Finally someone who has left a bit of sense!

And no one sees it, because all of you retards have been here for wày too long.

This is for everyone who regularly comes to PD or AD
Get a life
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 20:39   #15
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Nice speach Auro

Mankian: A tip, go find urself a rope, tie it around ur neck, fasten it to a tree and then jump! u s*ck
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 20:42   #16
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Hey hes probally right about the forums generally being anti americain after all we live in a world that is generally anti americain due to you being the strongest nation in the world which in turn gives you the ability to be so single minded in world politics. This single mindedness means you often make decisions that go against what the rest of the world want and while your only doing these to ensure the best possible situation for the people of the USA it cant help but cause a hatred by people in other countries who dont agree with your actions.

If you cant live with this Makain I suggest you lock yourself in a small room with no windows and no way to communicate with the outside world because thats just human nature and you cant get away from it

(PS. Hollywood dont do you many favours either by rewritting other countries history all the time )
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 21:30   #17
iain50

iain50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Makain, you are right

if it was not for the self righteous attitude of so many 'experienced gamers' on these forums, and within the game itself, then far fewer 'newbies' (which we all, except those who were born with a keyboard under their arms, were)would have left and the community would have continued to expand, not shrink to a few hardcore [...] who take delight in flaming the newest members until they decide there are better things to do with their time than take abuse from some [censor evasion bad, don't do it again -Leshy] who assumes that if you dont know the initiative of a phoenix then you are a clueless n00b.

the people reading this are the ones who killed the game

Last edited by Leshy; 2 Dec 2002 at 09:53.
iain50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 21:42   #18
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Quote:
Originally posted by iain50
Makain, you are right

if it was not for the self righteous attitude of so many 'experienced gamers' on these forums, and within the game itself, then far fewer 'newbies' (which we all, except those who were born with a keyboard under their arms, were)would have left and the community would have continued to expand, not shrink to a few hardcore [...] who take delight in flaming the newest members until they decide there are better things to do with their time than take abuse from some [censor evasion bad, don't do it again -Leshy] who assumes that if you dont know the initiative of a phoenix then you are a clueless n00b.

the people reading this are the ones who killed the game

You obviously don't know what Makain said and did in the past on these boards.

Click on his profile, click on search all posts from this user, and look at page 2 and 3

Last edited by Leshy; 2 Dec 2002 at 09:53.
Auro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 21:50   #19
iain50

iain50 is an unknown quantity at this point
or better idea,

see a bunch of people, who flame and whine, then whine and flame, until there are only a fraction of the origonal numbers left

(blame p2p, but the pa numbers were falling way before that came up)

you are, in general, a sweet bunch of people, but the most vocal ones are those who shoot people down. If i was not here from about rd 2, and say, joined in rd 5, i would have taken one look at the ********s who moan on here and said 'next'

you all killed the game with your eliteist attitudes, so, as Makain said,

reap what you sow

and with regards to what the chap said before, or did before on these boards, i dont care, his point in this instance was accurate, and concise. so you my good man, need to take an arguement at face value, this is the topic, not his past ideals.

kind regards
iain50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 22:18   #20
Blue Geezer

Quote:

excuse me?

correct me if i am wrong but didnt pa peak at 180k users just be4 p2p was introduced and collapsed to like 30k after it you may be refering to the slight dip in ppl you get every round were they leave cos they got bashed but otherwise i believe that statement is bs
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 22:22   #21
Dizzyness

Dizzyness is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry

Makian, plz quit making americans look bad, ta
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 22:28   #22
Plastic-Wrap
Guilty of being White

Plastic-Wrap is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dizzyness
Makian, plz quit making americans look bad, ta

Maybe you should listen to your own words!!! muhahaha

smelleh dizzy
<ckx> and they get all bitchy
<ckx> "I"M ONLY 13, I'M ONLY 13!!!"
Plastic-Wrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 22:34   #23
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
blame p2p, but the pa numbers were falling way before that came up
Numbers were actually going up throughout Round 4 (Right before Pay to Play) peaking at 180 000 planets.

Makain it's people like you who make me glad that I'll never have to come online and read your whiney self-important opinions again. Do yourself a favour and read “Welcome to the Internet”.

Auro that made me smile
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 22:36   #24
Dizzyness

Dizzyness is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Plastic-Wrap
Maybe you should listen to your own words!!! muhahaha

smelleh dizzy
beleive it or not, you were the inspiration for my planet name this round
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 22:58   #25
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Re: Re: Re: Re: You deserve it!

Quote:
Originally posted by Auro
Oh god

Look Makain, you are an idiot. A retarded rhesus monkey can make better threads and have better opinions than you. You, in this thread, almost offended all of the PD and AD community. Look kid, sorry to tell you this, but your home-schooled mentality of "I can fit in" doesn't work here. Some of us are pissed at PA. You haven't been playing for a year, having your grades dip from a 3.83 GPA to a 2.79, after staying up till 3am to recall your fleet or covering defense calls. You haven't been bashed umpteen times and still came back for the community. In fact, ever since you've been here, you've been rather, to put it politely, "displeased", with our community. You think you can change us? Please. You're not the king of the world. You're not the only one here. We have our collective opinion. You're an American. Americans believe in the voice of the majority, and you here are blatantly going against it, yet citing the forums to be "anti-American". Well, hypocrisy have never gotten anyone respect beyond the ones given inspired by pity.

Now let's talk about your anger about GD. Because they criticize America, does not mean you get the right to criticize them. Freedom of speech is one of the founding principles of "The American Way" and is featured as the first amendment in the Bill of Rights. Yet you, in an attempt to "glorify America", is trying to surpress it. Your actions are very Unamerican yourself, don't you see?

And we deserve this because we're all anti-America? Please. With people like you living in MY country, I feel ashamed. Please, Makain, you suck at the internet. And I believe I speak for all of my European brethrens when I can say, you're a grade A hestkuk, a klootoog, a puderdose , and please, go back to the redneck hick hilbilly shotgun-wielding hellhole you crawled out of. Thank you.

Auro

The City of Cerritos, Los Angeles County, California, The United States of America
Hush everyone before you make bigger fools of yourselves,

People like you Auro, its always the people like you. The game is great, a lot of people willing to fork out $10 or even $20 for a round. Its your attitude and other 'veterans' (who make up this so called 'community') that have stalled and ultimately reversed any growth this game would of had under pay to play. I am showing you whats newbies see when they come to these boards, and (as I should of guessed I suppose) its only the newbies who actually see the truth in it. I only offended those who are responsible for the downfall of Planetarion, and that just happens to be everyone PD and AD (as I hinted in my original post) for their intolerance of general ideas. Of course the idea of responding to a post without demeaning someone's background, culture, and ideas is a virtue that seems lost on you Auro, and the rest of the veterans. As for playing a year, I have been playing since the start of the semester, and the fact that you continue to blame PA for your drop in grades just reinforces the general idea that no one here can take responsibility for their actions or lack of self-displine.

Last edited by Makain; 1 Dec 2002 at 23:05.
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 23:11   #26
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Geezer
excuse me?

correct me if i am wrong but didnt pa peak at 180k users just be4 p2p was introduced and collapsed to like 30k after it you may be refering to the slight dip in ppl you get every round were they leave cos they got bashed but otherwise i believe that statement is bs
Yep your right r4 saw the hight of playing numbers and if signups hadnt been closed due to hardware limitations we would have seen PA easierly break the 200k mark before the end of r4
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 01:01   #27
Athila

Quote:
or better idea,

see a bunch of people, who flame and whine, then whine and flame, until there are only a fraction of the origonal numbers left

Total bs, p2p is/was the reason the numbers dropped if you believe otherwise then you sir are an idiot

Quote:
you are, in general, a sweet bunch of people, but the most vocal ones are those who shoot people down. If i was not here from about rd 2, and say, joined in rd 5, i would have taken one look at the ********s who moan on here and said 'next'

you all killed the game with your eliteist attitudes, so, as Makain said,

reap what you sow
Quote:
i would just like to thank spinner, for taking my cash, and not finishing the round. what a coont, i wonder how much it would cost him if we all sued to get our round fees back.
hmmm, iain50 if you are blaming the "veterans" and their "elitest" ways for the downfall of PA and not Spinner and the creators, then why would you want to sue the person who brought you the game, if you agree with makain then you agree that the creators are not to blame for the downfall of the game. If they are not to blame for the games death then why sue spinner, knowing that the creators haven't been paid in months, etc and invested all the cash for the round in the day to day running of it.
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 01:01   #28
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You deserve it!

Quote:

People like you Auro, its always the people like you. The game is great, a lot of people willing to fork out $10 or even $20 for a round. Its your attitude and other 'veterans' (who make up this so called 'community') that have stalled and ultimately reversed any growth this game would of had under pay to play. I am showing you whats newbies see when they come to these boards, and (as I should of guessed I suppose) its only the newbies who actually see the truth in it. I only offended those who are responsible for the downfall of Planetarion, and that just happens to be everyone PD and AD (as I hinted in my original post) for their intolerance of general ideas. Of course the idea of responding to a post without demeaning someone's background, culture, and ideas is a virtue that seems lost on you Auro, and the rest of the veterans. As for playing a year, I have been playing since the start of the semester, and the fact that you continue to blame PA for your drop in grades just reinforces the general idea that no one here can take responsibility for their actions or lack of self-displine.
I paid for 5 accounts this round, and gave 4 of them to my friends, alliancemates, and a friend who I convinced to play PA again after a 3 round hiatus. Don't you dare call me not helping the community.

You came onto the boards making a complete ass out of yourself. You accused without an accurate understanding of what you were talking about. You criticized things before you knew what we were talking about. Do you have a single idea what happened in R4, R5, R6? Why do you criticize the over-attention received by Fury, Killmark, NoS, and other alliances without knowing their background, culture, and ideas? Seems awfully hypocritical, ce n'est pas?

We'll be glad to help newbies if they don't make themselves complete asses and trolls, something you failed. I had a first-rounder last round in my gal, just like you. Except he never made an ass out of himself. When he doesn't understand a game function, he asked us, his galmates and guiding figures. When he doesn't understand a politics situation, he asked, instead of opening his mouth to make him sound like a dumbass. He ended with a good score and this round was playing well, and you can't even tell that he's a newbie. Why couldn't you be like that? And for "our lack of self-discipline", keep in mind that an average American school is easy and unchallenging. Try stepping in the shoes of these European folks for a change. Also, I have 11 hours of school a day. Try that.

Ignorance doesn't mean stupidity, but you made it seems so. You are the one who made the biggest fool of yourself here. Why don't you ask an admin to delete your forums account? You don't have to be here.

Auro
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 01:50   #29
Fakhiri

Fakhiri is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree.. in some ways..with you all.

I've been in minor alliances in r3 and r4 and started a (after a while) rather big/powerfull alliance in the start of r5. This thing got a life of its own, and I didnt like the way PA started to look after this. Bigger and bigger aliances but less and less strategy, gaming and fun.

But maybee the game have lived its lifespan to the end. Started up in a small dark corner of the universe... evolving.. with alliances.... new alliances...BIG alliances..... 4 races....and then decline...
Its "life", its almost an interessting experiment. And it would be,
if i haven't started to feel like a member of this universe and community. I acctually miss some of my enemies.., I miss gettin flak from enemies and help form friends.

I miss the felling when i look on the enemy/friendly screen and galaxy status. However the blinking "enemies" and "allies" of round 5 was the all time high!! Creeeepy feeling when they started to blink... ah the memories... we will always have them.

Some memories :>http://www25.brinkster.com/danidaku/yeh/

To all my friends, I luv YA all! and 5S and the new owners

Rippey and Newt! the best.......

-Odin-
le conspiratore of C52

Last edited by Fakhiri; 2 Dec 2002 at 01:57.
Fakhiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 02:10   #30
SubZero

oooohh mid round 7 stand back everyone this is a person that knows alot about the game I wish I had your insight I have only been here sence round 1

so stfu
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 03:10   #31
Makain
Macintosh Defender

You deserve it!

Quote:
I paid for 5 accounts this round, and gave 4 of them to my friends, alliancemates, and a friend who I convinced to play PA again after a 3 round hiatus. Don't you dare call me not helping the community.

You came onto the boards making a complete ass out of yourself. You accused without an accurate understanding of what you were talking about. You criticized things before you knew what we were talking about. Do you have a single idea what happened in R4, R5, R6? Why do you criticize the over-attention received by Fury, Killmark, NoS, and other alliances without knowing their background, culture, and ideas? Seems awfully hypocritical, ce n'est pas?

We'll be glad to help newbies if they don't make themselves complete asses and trolls, something you failed. I had a first-rounder last round in my gal, just like you. Except he never made an ass out of himself. When he doesn't understand a game function, he asked us, his galmates and guiding figures. When he doesn't understand a politics situation, he asked, instead of opening his mouth to make him sound like a dumbass. He ended with a good score and this round was playing well, and you can't even tell that he's a newbie. Why couldn't you be like that? And for "our lack of self-discipline", keep in mind that an average American school is easy and unchallenging. Try stepping in the shoes of these European folks for a change. Also, I have 11 hours of school a day. Try that.

Ignorance doesn't mean stupidity, but you made it seems so. You are the one who made the biggest fool of yourself here. Why don't you ask an admin to delete your forums account? You don't have to be here.

Auro
Once again it seems the standard in Europe is the inability to respond to something without insulting them. Its a shame, since I agree with Europeans on so many issues, but it looks like the need to flame someone's background and personality in almost every post is un-yielding pillar in your personality Auro. It also seems your having trouble grasping the point of the conversation. My quarrel is with the way this 'community' receives, treats, and deals with newbies, not with your assistance to the community, though I see how it can be misinterpted. You see your good will was never in question, just the way your superior attitude to almost every newcomer on the board. Although, I am sure it becomes easy to pretend newbies to boards means newbies to the general common sense of life, even though the ettique on each board differs severely. And yes, I do have a many ideas on what happened, I have posted many threads in relevence to the history of this game, yet you seem to have ignored those while detailing (or failing to) my criticisms of community organizations.

Every insulting response you post just punctuates my point that you people are bias, undisciplined, jerks whose demise is your own doing.
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 04:08   #32
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Every insulting response you post just punctuates my point that you people are bias, undisciplined, jerks whose demise is your own doing.
For every 1 person who cares about this game enough to pay and play it, there are about 36 who do not - quite simply based on the 5000 players this round and 180K players at peak.

And not even everyone who pays to play actually cares.

You, my friend, have no point. The number of people who actually care about playing this game are a vast minority, and they can easily move over to other games of this sort. There are several good clones out there. The major pull for most people is this intolerable community that you hate so much - but you haven't had the rounds of building friendships and rivalries that a vast majority of us have.

If you want to continue belittling us for "deserving" the fate of this game...you're quite certainly preaching to the wrong crowd.

&Omega;
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 05:18   #33
Hosie
Look its a useless rank.
Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion

Hosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to all
Makain is Gayle28uk's other account.
Hosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 05:20   #34
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Quote:
Originally posted by Hosie
Makain is Gayle28uk's other account.
I am suprised she hasn't commented yet.
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 05:43   #35
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Quote:
Once again it seems the standard in Europe is the inability to respond to something without insulting them. Its a shame, since I agree with Europeans on so many issues, but it looks like the need to flame someone's background and personality in almost every post is un-yielding pillar in your personality Auro. It also seems your having trouble grasping the point of the conversation. My quarrel is with the way this 'community' receives, treats, and deals with newbies, not with your assistance to the community, though I see how it can be misinterpted. You see your good will was never in question, just the way your superior attitude to almost every newcomer on the board. Although, I am sure it becomes easy to pretend newbies to boards means newbies to the general common sense of life, even though the ettique on each board differs severely. And yes, I do have a many ideas on what happened, I have posted many threads in relevence to the history of this game, yet you seem to have ignored those while detailing (or failing to) my criticisms of community organizations.

Well, your superior attitude was also something more or less of a buggery and idiocy, right? Your attitude of "I'm sick and tired of all of you you all suck" that has been oh-so-everpresent in each and every one of your posts. The fact is, most newbies do not go so far as being asses of themselves like you. Go find another newbie we've tortured and flamed and beaten down into the ground as much as we did to you.

Your last quote also applies. Why call us something that you are yourself? Get off your high horse. I seriously suspect that you're the alter-ego of Jerry Falwell. Your self-proclaimed unfailingness in morals certainly look like it.

And I find it interesting that you have been the only one in your crusade against the community. We see threads praising the creators, cursing the creators, and showing indifference to the creators. All in all, they made the difference on the game. Yet you aim your gripes at us. You must realize: without us, there is no PA community, and we have spoken

Auro
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 05:48   #36
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Also may I recommend you a good read of "Notes from Underground" by Fyodor Dostoevsky. The whole section one devotes to behavior not unlike yours.
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 06:51   #37
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Quote:
Well, your superior attitude was also something more or less of a buggery and idiocy, right? Your attitude of "I'm sick and tired of all of you you all suck" that has been oh-so-everpresent in each and every one of your posts. The fact is, most newbies do not go so far as being asses of themselves like you. Go find another newbie we've tortured and flamed and beaten down into the ground as much as we did to you.

Your last quote also applies. Why call us something that you are yourself? Get off your high horse. I seriously suspect that you're the alter-ego of Jerry Falwell. Your self-proclaimed unfailingness in morals certainly look like it.

And I find it interesting that you have been the only one in your crusade against the community. We see threads praising the creators, cursing the creators, and showing indifference to the creators. All in all, they made the difference on the game. Yet you aim your gripes at us. You must realize: without us, there is no PA community, and we have spoken

Auro
My "I'm sick and tired of all of you [and] you all suck" attitude was incorporated after members of these boards persisted to spam, flame, and criticize creators and policies in two threads in which I proposed ideas to help increase the playerbase. The sad thing is that they didn't attack my ideas, but that it was just general whining and spamming about how PA was doomed and they don't want to see another round of PA. This brought up the same attitude you seem to feel about me "No ones forcing you to read the forums, or play PA, why the hell are you whining?". Thats not even the worse of it. The people I respected in these forums as having balanced, well-thought out ideas supported these spammers because of minor issues they may have had with the game, my idea, or with a certain alliance or creator. This is why I aim my gripes at the community, because of this community's attitude the game is failing. The inability to incorporate large number of casual newbies into the community (which play a bigger part then you think in a p2p atmosphere, I ended up in cluster 40 in Round 7 with 17 inactives, and 7 people who didn't really care and thus I relied on the forums for answers) is the reason why it has grown so small. Indeed, the community has spoken, and I don't think its possible it will change in the few weeks we have left, but just the same you have no one to look to but yourselves for this stillborn entity.

-Alerick
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 11:07   #38
wakey
Hamster

Quote:

Ok lets start with the drop of grades thing. PA is responsable for alot of people seeing their grades drop, people's relationships breaking up, people loseing their jobs and theres no denying that fact. This doesnt mean thats a bad thing in fact its really what they set out to do when creating a game and people moaning about this fact is actually a compliment to the creators as they created a game that totally got people hooked.

Also moaning about the big alliances comes down to two simple reasons 1) People like having someone to hate...every round there was moaning about the strongest alliance and in any game with such alliances/guilds ect your find the weaker moaning about them and 2) The long time players not in these 'l33t' alliances can see how much power recent changes gave to these groups which hindered the game play for the masses and allowed these l33t alliances to do whatever they wanted. The only thing the players had as a weapon agaisnt these groups is words which is why you see the complaints because any attempt to make a statemnet in the game was doomed to fail and just gives these alliances bigger egos.

Now you claim its the 'hardcore' players who have killed the game however its these people who have kept it going as long as it has been. These are the players who clicked banners during the free rounds, there the ones who bought items from the PA Shop, there the ones who bought people who could afford it accounts when it went p2p. Without the income these people brought the finacial situation would be much worse. The people you should really be looking at to balme for this are part time players who didnt click their banners forcing PA to go p2p and the theives who committed mass CC fraud agaisnt them. These were the people who first forced the game to be p2p destroying a community that was big and strong and then were the people who then wiped out the profits that could have saved FS and have improved the game so the community could regrow to what it once was

As for your comments on people saying "let the game die" the people who are saying this are the long time gamers who love PA but have watched the steady decline in numbers due to game mechanic changes and the lowering numbers after p2p making the game less rewarding to play and they really didnt want PA just to end witha wimper but to go out with some pride still remaining. Without huge budgets to spend on advertising p2p models on things like this just arent particularly successful as it becomes a catch 22 sitution with less players causing more to leave which hence lowers numbers causing more to then leave ect and no matter what ideas were put forward NOTHING but going free again would have reversed this trend
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 11:25   #39
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about
Before you accuse me, take a look at yourself
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 22:09   #40
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Cool thread guys
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 22:23   #41
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Makain is quite crap.
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 23:00   #42
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
(if I read one more thing about Killmark, or NoS, or Xanadu, or Fury god help me I don't know what I will do)
Did you know Fury was using the same bots xanadu and Killmark were using, and that NoS allways tried getting those bots from them but despite begging never got em?

What did you do?

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Salomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 23:14   #43
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Baco is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Salomo
Did you know Fury was using the same bots xanadu and Killmark were using, and that NoS allways tried getting those bots from them but despite begging never got em?

What did you do?
AHAHHA!

r4 - 133:25:?? PTA
r5 - 35:7:?? MI/ViruS/NoS/PTA
r6 - 21:7:4 NoS/PTA
r7 - 21:4:12 NoS/PTA
r8 - 25:5:9 NoS / Titans & Plush / PTA
r9 - 24:2:7 Olympians / PTA
WC4 - 1:6:4 winner gal
r9.5 - 42:7:8 & 11:2:25 & 19:2:16 Olympians / PTA / Plush
r10 - XX:YY:ZZ RaH!
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 23:40   #44
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
Makain is quite crap.
What could we expect, no substance, just flame. True insight from a former moderator.
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 23:44   #45
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute
you actually bothered to read GD? With topics such as:

What's the deal with the word limit thingy?
Black people
Hot or not ?
M&Ms or Smarties?
What's your favourite kind of soup?
The campaign to make Vermillion's rank 'Top History Bod'
Fatty Fatty Fat Fat McBlubber
This isn't very funny
I am going for a walk in the rain

how can you possibly be assed to actually read the threads in the first place?

I'm not going to lose sleep about anti-American threads made by the same people that brought you "Black People" and "Whats your favourite kind of soup?"....and you shouldn't either.
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 04:05   #46
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Wakey put it nicely. Makain, despite what you think, we don't hate this game. Our lives have been so entangled with the community of this game that it's almost a part of us. In R4 I had a click bot (and a cookie remover, no less) so I can generate some income for 5S. But the creators have failed us in generating income. Lack of publicity, good advertisments, and the fee all contributed to the downfall. The community is probably the biggest supporter of PA and 5S. We don't deserve this. Despite all our gripings, you never knew how much time and energy we put into this game. Not as much as the Creators, but much nonetheless.
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 06:13   #47
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Quote:
Wakey put it nicely. Makain, despite what you think, we don't hate this game. Our lives have been so entangled with the community of this game that it's almost a part of us. In R4 I had a click bot (and a cookie remover, no less) so I can generate some income for 5S. But the creators have failed us in generating income. Lack of publicity, good advertisments, and the fee all contributed to the downfall. The community is probably the biggest supporter of PA and 5S. We don't deserve this. Despite all our gripings, you never knew how much time and energy we put into this game. Not as much as the Creators, but much nonetheless.
I am not saying you hate the game, just saying the boards dont encourage the community to grow. And without the incentive of free access, it becomes essential that the boards become more assimilating.
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 15:15   #48
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about
I personally hope that someone will make it possible for ous to continue playing pa. But personally i cant see that Makain have made any effort at all in saving planetarion.

I'm also playing a beta test of a online game that is similar to pa, but it seems like the community is almost as bad there as pa. But it seems like the community is not a factor that hurting the game, and the only thing i can think of that might hurt that game is economy.

So my question is how does a player like Makain think he could save pa with changing the attitude of players is going to save pa?
To me it seems like the community in other online games are just as bad(good) as it is in planetarion, and it don't seem to effect the games much. I've heard alot of ppl complaining about f.eks quake3, but they still make pathces for it and the game is still fun to play. Does he really think that he's of a special breed that are able to change ppl in order to make the world a special place(like Hitler's attemt in changing ppl), or is he just a person with a big mouth that ain't got a clue about anything?

Atleast plz tell Makain tell ous how you think that you could save Planetarion if you got the chance ?
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 16:48   #49
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Quote:
Originally posted by Pilatus
I personally hope that someone will make it possible for ous to continue playing pa. But personally i cant see that Makain have made any effort at all in saving planetarion.

I'm also playing a beta test of a online game that is similar to pa, but it seems like the community is almost as bad there as pa. But it seems like the community is not a factor that hurting the game, and the only thing i can think of that might hurt that game is economy.

So my question is how does a player like Makain think he could save pa with changing the attitude of players is going to save pa?
To me it seems like the community in other online games are just as bad(good) as it is in planetarion, and it don't seem to effect the games much. I've heard alot of ppl complaining about f.eks quake3, but they still make pathces for it and the game is still fun to play. Does he really think that he's of a special breed that are able to change ppl in order to make the world a special place(like Hitler's attemt in changing ppl), or is he just a person with a big mouth that ain't got a clue about anything?

Atleast plz tell Makain tell ous how you think that you could save Planetarion if you got the chance ?
People wouldn't bother posting at all if they didn't think they could change someone's attitude or opinion to some extent. But I think I posted earlier this wasn't made to change people's attitudes, but to inform them that blaming the moderators was a misguided feat. Somewhere along the line I also pointed out that most can't respond to a comment without insulting someone, as Hobbie pointed out for us.
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 17:01   #50
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: You deserve it!

Quote:
Originally posted by Supernova9
Or maybe that was his round 7 planet name?
maybe so, but he has annoyed the hell out of me all round, stealing from gal chan, generally algging cray off as gc, and his choice of ministers (which would include me) aswell as accusing me of piggybacking his attack, i was 10 mil at the time i think and he 1.1 .. attackin a 4mil or so planet .. i didnt even land the same ticks as him .. lol .. i think if u ask any of the november rain crew what they regret most it would be makain :s .. you are damn lucky i couldnt roid in gal else id have cnuted u myself :s

to be honest though perhaps im biased as we never really hit it off .. but then what do u expect as within 3 hours of the new round u called me an egotistical *******, who had no clue as 2 how pa worked, or something of that sort.