User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 1 Jun 2006, 16:23   #1
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts
MoW and MoC positions.

We really really have to find some uses for those guys.
I dont even have any idea, besides creating some sort of galaxy defence fleet under MoW's control. And i am not even sure how exactly that would work out.

Lets just entertain ideas from people. I really am disappointed to leave PA when ministers barely had anything extra to do as is, and coming back to when they have to do, well, nothing really.

The only thing MoD does is opens and closes fund and uses ti to throw donations at peoples.
Considering that EO is no longer used for fuel for ships, the stargate thingy that used to be under mow's control is utterly useless. and MoC, well, they used to be more usefull with 100.000 different players back in day. now that pretty much at least half of PA community knows eachother, they are also as usefull as speculation about their role.
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2006, 04:47   #2
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
Re: MoW and MoC positions.

there was a time GC and Ministers used to receive extra income for their position, now they got nothing. I think in fact they should pay for it: 5% of their income should go to the gal fund. I've noticed that the biggest players often get the jobs, but seldom donates to the fund, while lowbies are very generous with their meagre income.
OFC positions should be improved.
GC is ok as long as he combines the abilities of all his ministers.
MoD is OK, taking care of the gal fund/donations is fine. Maybe he should be able establish trading treaties with other MoD incluster for a x% extra income to the fund.
MoC's role has lost importance now that cluster alliances are gone, maybe he should be given control of some gal scanning capacities.
MoW is just the red guy atm, nice color but it's time to have him do something. Maybe he could be able to see the fleets (or maybe only the ships that are not travelling) of his gal mates (planets would have the choice to hide their ships - though default would be to show them).
Unread 2 Jun 2006, 10:06   #3
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I'm stronly against PDS, but for this next suggestion forget about that
Let the MOW be able to create a form of PDS using resources from the galfund and that those "PDS" are able to defend gal members, maybe 3 ingal PDS slots in the politics page to control them (for the people that don't like PDS just change the name to "galships" and they wouldn't be normal ships that any race can build.) Also let the MoW be able to scan other gals for the amount of galships they have.

Maybe the MoC should have a "report incomings to alliance" button in the politics page. Either as a mail to the alliance, but seeing most alliances use an ircbot/defchannel maybe we should start thinking about a "galbot" that recieves the galstatus and sends a message to the alliance combine this with an effeciency bot and maybe PBOT and every gal would have a cool addition to their galchannel. Just let it be invited like you invite P or PBOT to your chan. So ministers can still make their own galchannels. (yes, i'm probably dreaming here, but seriously, that would be cool)

Also i feel like the message from the commanders needs an upgrade. It is now (according to me) used most to put up an overview of the members with their defchannel & irc nick. Maybe this should be hardcoded into politics page so there's a list of planets there (like we have now with the wanted/not wanted which is the most useless thing ever) and be able to input the irc nicks & defchannel.

These are just a couple of random ideas i came up with, discuss away :-)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2006, 13:47   #4
Anonymous Hero
I can be your hero!

Anonymous Hero is on a distinguished road

Why not just get rid of them as they are? I'd suggest the following:
  • Galaxies can have a Galaxy Commander as normal, who is voted for.
  • The GC can appoint 2 ministers, neither of which has a specific title - they are just ministers. This is to allow the galaxy to cover all possible timezones with different players if they want to.
  • The GC gets all of the existing roles of all minister positions. The 2 minsters get nearly all roles, apart from galaxy name/banner setting, and start an exile vote (but can vote).
  • GC/Ministers are not visible from outside the galaxy. Enemies should not be able to tell how organised a galaxy is by how well its ministers are doing.
  • Add the option to send messages to GC/ministers of a galaxy - similar to alliance messages. All incoming messages get sent to all 3 planets in the galaxy, outgoing messages appear from "Commanders of X:Y".

Now, if any future things are added for the galaxy (such as a galaxy fleet), then all ministers should be able to control it instead of just one specific person. Instead of trying to give a specific role to a person, allow all the leaders of a galaxy to share the responsibility.
Anonymous Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2006, 16:43   #5
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
I'm stronly against PDS, but for this next suggestion forget about that
Let the MOW be able to create a form of PDS using resources from the galfund and that those "PDS" are able to defend gal members, maybe 3 ingal PDS slots in the politics page to control them (for the people that don't like PDS just change the name to "galships" and they wouldn't be normal ships that any race can build.) Also let the MoW be able to scan other gals for the amount of galships they have.
One note, wouldn't this be GDS (Galactic Defense System) then rather then PDS?

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 12:16   #6
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe
One note, wouldn't this be GDS (Galactic Defense System) then rather then PDS?
Call it like you want to call it, the name doesn't make any difference

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 12:41   #7
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about

Would be nice , if GC, MoW, and MoC were able to watch history of donations to and from galfund. Anything in addition to that, is something i think would only help ppl in active gals, and thereby making the game a bit more newbie-unfriendy.

Don't see much problems in keeping it the way it's now. Keep those slots open for ppl who's willing to put in some extra effort by helping their galm8's. Ppl who's willing to do that, probably dont care to much about position, but it's always nice to have a colour on your planet. Atleast it makes it easier for you to watch your score compared to galm8's when you feel like it

Last edited by Pilatus; 3 Jun 2006 at 12:51.
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 13:09   #8
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I actually like the idea of removing the specific roles, its seems a much better option than constantly trying to find something for each to do and instead they share the duties. Especially as has already been said it allows all galaxies to have a much better coverage for each duty than they currently do.

Also I like the idea of removing the colours off other galaxies so it makes it less obvious which galaxies are unorganised and inactive.

On the GDS fleet im really not sure about this, they did try it before but between coding problems and balance issues it never really took off. The problem is that the bigger the galaxy the more likly they are to be able to build up a good GDS fleet and thus make them harder to attack while the smaller galaxies probally cant afford to as much so become even better targets
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 13:23   #9
Pilatus

Like your idea of removing colours off the other galaxys. Don't like the idea of removing the roles totally, since some gals dephends on their ministers in order to get exiling done.
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 13:36   #10
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilatus
Like your idea of removing colours off the other galaxys. Don't like the idea of removing the roles totally, since some gals dephends on their ministers in order to get exiling done.
I didnt mean removing them completly, but removing the specific roles as someone posted above. So the current moc duties would be available to all ministers, mod duties to all ministers ect ect. Only a few special GC stuff would be locked out from the ministers. That way if your in the states and your mod is in europe and your online times dont overlap you can still get donations or if you need a mass mail sent out and the gc or moc rent on you can still get a message sent out if any minister is on

As it is atm we have minister roles but their duties are so small that they really arent that useful, if they were all just general ministers with all the duties then it makes them alot more useful and gets rid of this constant need to come up with pointless duties for ministers just to bulk them up and instead we can focus on adding duties that are useful
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 14:11   #11
Pilatus

That sounds better. This way it makes it sound to me that we could even make it possible to start an exile without the gc starting it. Do you think it could be a good idea to let a minister start an exile vote without asking the gc, and let it dephend on a certain percentage of minister votes, in addition to a certain percentage of galm8's votes?

Maybe a bit of topic, but won't mind to hear your oppinion about it.
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 01:25   #12
aBnOrMaL

aBnOrMaL is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Would be nice , if GC, MoW, and MoC were able to watch history of donations to and from galfund. Anything in addition to that, is something i think would only help ppl in active gals, and thereby making the game a bit more newbie-unfriendy.
TBH all ministers and Gc can infact se the movements in gal fund

aBnOrMaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 09:30   #13
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
That sounds better. This way it makes it sound to me that we could even make it possible to start an exile without the gc starting it. Do you think it could be a good idea to let a minister start an exile vote without asking the gc, and let it dephend on a certain percentage of minister votes, in addition to a certain percentage of galm8's votes?

Maybe a bit of topic, but won't mind to hear your oppinion about it.
The way I see it and the way it was posted by Anonymous Hero there would be some duties that the GC has which would remain GC only, obviously setting the ministers would be one, as would galaxy name and image and I'd probally include starting an exile vote. After all its the GC you elect and only the GC should be able entitled to decide that your not longer wanted
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 10:15   #14
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

GC, MoD stay the same.

A GC can 'tag' any planet he or she feels can provide help to a new player. The new player upon entering the galaxy could look for anyone with a coloured name and approach them for help. That is, IMO, all that the ministers do - provide help.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 10:26   #15
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Hero
  • The GC can appoint 2 ministers, neither of which has a specific title - they are just ministers. This is to allow the galaxy to cover all possible timezones with different players if they want to.
  • The GC gets all of the existing roles of all minister positions. The 2 minsters get nearly all roles, apart from galaxy name/banner setting, and start an exile vote (but can vote).
  • GC/Ministers are not visible from outside the galaxy. Enemies should not be able to tell how organised a galaxy is by how well its ministers are doing.
  • Add the option to send messages to GC/ministers of a galaxy - similar to alliance messages. All incoming messages get sent to all 3 planets in the galaxy, outgoing messages appear from "Commanders of X:Y".

Now, if any future things are added for the galaxy (such as a galaxy fleet), then all ministers should be able to control it instead of just one specific person. Instead of trying to give a specific role to a person, allow all the leaders of a galaxy to share the responsibility.

I like all these suggestions. They should be implemented
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 12:15   #16
Aragno
xVx techie

Aragno will become famous soon enoughAragno will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
Maybe the MoC should have a "report incomings to alliance" button in the politics page. Either as a mail to the alliance, but seeing most alliances use an ircbot/defchannel maybe we should start thinking about a "galbot" that recieves the galstatus and sends a message to the alliance combine this with an effeciency bot and maybe PBOT and every gal would have a cool addition to their galchannel. Just let it be invited like you invite P or PBOT to your chan. So ministers can still make their own galchannels. (yes, i'm probably dreaming here, but seriously, that would be cool)
Since it is not only the ministers that report incoming I would like to see this option for all players. Nice idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Hero
Nice ideas. Go go go

[xVx]
Aragno is offline   Reply With Quote