User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 May 2006, 16:19   #1
hylands
The beertender

hylands is on a distinguished road
Bash limit adjustment

well basicly i found out today that the current bash limits are great to do by score or value but now i am a 490k value planet getting incs from 1.7 mil value planets while i didn't choose to be an xp whore ( i lost my full cr fleet 1200 total) i jsut had alot of bad luck. but what i wanted to ask i why aint it score + value together so a 2mil value planet with 3mil score can attack a planet thats 700k value and has 1.3 mil score . or even make the bash limit higher then maybe even 55% so rediculous bashing like i faced today can be avoided.

so a value + score = 10 mil planet can hit a value + score = 5.5 mil planet as lower level. will save alot of missery
hylands is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2006, 17:32   #2
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice
Re: Bash limit adjustment

hi hylands.. welcome to the club of the basher's target. i have been fighting to get proper limit or system to avoid such rush and attack from way too powerful planets, for all the little guys, but was always told that the roids had to be able to move around!

maybe someone will listen and put a negative score penalty to attacker that goes below or equal to 50% of their value! with a penalty of 2k to score for each roid taken or each 1k of fleet stolen, small target would be protect from the big guys. but would still be open to medium and small ones.

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked

Last edited by rop1964; 29 May 2006 at 19:21.
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2006, 17:59   #3
Illmaticks
you know you want me

Illmaticks has a spectacular aura aboutIllmaticks has a spectacular aura about

There's an easier solution; just lower the maxcap value when roiding too small targets, that'll deter alot of players from doing so.

Alliances: [Conc] [NRK] [ETY] [Guild] [Reunion] [HR] [Insomnia] [Ascendancy] & others...
Illmaticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2006, 18:16   #4
hylands
The beertender

hylands is on a distinguished road

it's not about max cap. it's about the fact that many of the smaller people get's fleetcatched eventhough the attacker doesn't intend to and still make them lose alot. it's about having a chance to defend yourself. a chance which u now do not get

ps. negrepping and flaming are ignored anyways
hylands is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2006, 22:40   #5
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmaticks
There's an easier solution; just lower the maxcap value when roiding too small targets, that'll deter alot of players from doing so.
This hasnt worked in the past, so i dont imagine it working again in the future.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2006, 23:19   #6
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
This hasnt worked in the past, so i dont imagine it working again in the future.
Has it ever actually been implemented in PaX? A sliding scale of cap going from, say, 15-25%. It would definitely affect my target picking and encourage me to pick bigger targets... Though there is a major issue that needs sorting when multiple people pick the same target. Perhaps mean average of attacking planet values (then again, this could be abused by attacking someone and having a scanner attack with you, nearly halving the avg value of attackers. Hmm. :/ ).

Anyway, I think the XP 'issue' has been solved by appoco's formula. Perhaps changing it back to value only might work?
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 18:28   #7
Dr_Zaius

Dr_Zaius has a spectacular aura aboutDr_Zaius has a spectacular aura about

I agree with this idea of vlule + score, much fairer imo, or a sliding scale would be intresting idea to experiment with!

Dr_Zaius - Planetarion Support Team Member
Dr_Zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 20:43   #8
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I was thinking of raising the bash limit slightly - predominantly for score, so it was far more only "xp whoring planets" that got hit. So say you can't hit anyone below 50% value/ 60% score.

A lot of those attacking smaller planets are Ziks, who attack far more for ships.
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 03:57   #9
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about

Please don't alteast punish ppl for getting good score thanks to xp. If anything make the bash limit a bit higher, and adjust xp for the next round if needed. Don't think the bash limit should be much higher then it's atm, since ziks needs target to. If anything, i think giving more salvage back to the ppl loosing ships would help.

Been attacked alot by ppl with higher value then me this round, but tbh i prefer that then being attacked by ppl with 1/3 of my value, that have been able to gain good score thanks to xp for it. Think this round have been much more fair then earlier rounds, even though i still don't understand the xp-calculations for this round.

If anything i think it shouldn't be possible for ppl to save up as much res as it's been possible this round, but still make value a bit more important then xp. And if possible put a limit on saved resources, and give ppl a bit higher salvage back for their lost ships. Atleast i would prefer changes like that, instead of a higher bash limit.

Last edited by Pilatus; 3 Jun 2006 at 13:28.
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote