User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 19 May 2006, 09:56   #1
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about
Change salvage please

Find it kinda annoying and unfair the way salvage is now. If your small you hardly ever get any salvage.

Maybe it would be to hard to distribute salvage from something like killed fr fleets distributed according to value of anti-fr only. But i don't see why salvage from damaged ships should be distributed according to value of ships sent. If your small you hardly ever get any salvage, simply because all goes to the ones who's able to send the biggest fleets no matter if they don't have losses or if their fleets ain't useful.
Unread 19 May 2006, 12:52   #2
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Change salvage please

handing it out that way though is probally the fairest and least abusable.

If you risk the most ships you deserve the biggest payback, and if you gave smaller fleets more (or split it equally) then youd get people sending 1 ships on defence missions just to get the salvage
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2006, 17:24   #3
Pilatus

But don't you think it's abusable they way it's now, if ppl can just send more ships just to get bitter piece of the salvage?

Btw, i don't mean ppl should get salvage while sending 1 ship. But that ppl who looses ships, should atleast get 20% of their losses back, instead of most of that salvage going to bigger ships. Salvage from attacking ships killed could still be shared according to value, but there's no point in letting someone sending a big fleet steal salvage from lost ships from the ppl who have actually sacrificed some ships.

I don't really think ppl should gain more on defending, just because they might be able to send something like 300k value in battleships against a fi-fleet. And i wouldn't call something like sending bs against an fi-fleet a big risk, and i don't think ppl should be rewarded for something as silly like that. Sending something like Beetles could be more risky, but still alot more helpful against a fi-fleet. And i think something is wrong if salvage for lost beetles in such a situation should go to the ones not loosing anything because he's sending bs. And when something like that is possible, then it's ofcause very abusable.

Last edited by Pilatus; 19 May 2006 at 18:15.
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2006, 09:35   #4
Pilatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
handing it out that way though is probally the fairest and least abusable.

If you risk the most ships you deserve the biggest payback, and if you gave smaller fleets more (or split it equally) then youd get people sending 1 ships on defence missions just to get the salvage
If some evil dude attacks me and you defend me, and i only keep the ships that are safe at home. Then it wouldn't even matter if your fleet were lot bigger then the fleet i kept at home. If you lost some ships, then i would get some of the salvage from your losses. Think it would be much more fair if you alone got 20% salvage from your losses.

Edited after just noticing a comment i got. It's true that i'm a whiner. However i do try to keep my whining to a minimum, and i only whine when it's something i think can help others getting a fair treatment in the future. If it's something that makes me loss something in this round, then i'm pretty sure it won't be changed before next round. I only whine when on Suggestion Forum when it's something i think should be changed for the next round.

Last edited by Pilatus; 28 May 2006 at 11:53.
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote