User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 18 May 2006, 22:26   #201
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts
Re: are 1 up playing this rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
That a cocktail?

Mazzheadonaplate..........well could be.
Unread 18 May 2006, 23:44   #202
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
and you base this statement on what 'inside' knowledge exactly??
The question is Mek, do I need insider knowledge to make that statement?
Unread 18 May 2006, 23:53   #203
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

To make a judgement on this round the amount of insider knowledge required could probably fit on the back of a postage stamp.
Unread 19 May 2006, 09:13   #204
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Posting anything is counter productive. It wouldn't matter what any of the 1up command said as people wouldn't alter thier views and we'd just get the whole '1up progagana crew' rubbish again. Getting into any sort of debate is just pointless and a waste of time so we'll carry on doing what we're doing and not giving a monkey's what everyone thinks until they provide some proper evidence which, as I'm sure you're aware, is sadly lacking at this juncture.
Yes, I covered that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Of course, he might not be posting because he has no interest
I'd like to clarify that I was not issuing any sort of challenge by pointing out Sid's silence on the subject. I was simplying putting an actual example to the 'credibility' statement.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2006, 10:21   #205
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Yes our goal is to win every round. We haven't yet, hence we failed. No big deal, there can only be 1 winner and just because you don't win doesn't mean you played bad either.
Sorry to be the one to say this KJ as I do love Angels, but you need to stop aiming for the top spot AND you need to stop claiming thats what your going to do round after round, it's just a pipedream. Angels is a solid alliance yes but it is not a winning alliance in its current state, but why be so bothered about winning, the members obviously love Angels for a reason, you are doing something right to keep them.

All this aiming for #1 posts and so forth are getting you nowhere, Angels just looses its credability time and time again
Unread 19 May 2006, 10:29   #206
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Is anyone who claims that 1up have many people out of tag and are level with or ahead of Omen able to provide any support for these claims? We can take this to PM if necessary, but I'd prefer something that could be discussed on AD. (Does anyone other than me find the whole coords thing to be somewhat backwards these days?)
This claim and conspiracy has me rather bewildered, if you approach it from a statistical p.o.v. say 1up had ~20 members out of tag, that would be 20 odd members they would need to drop from the tag which is around 25mill~. which leaves a 50mill~ gap between omen and 1up. Do 1up really have 20 top 50 planets out of tag that have gone unnoticed?

Obviously this logic is flawed in many areas, no need to point them out, im just discussing options.

Taking that into account i believe its rather impossible, even for 10 planets to go unnoticed and be so big, but hey maybe im wrong.

The only situation i can actually see viable for these theories to be true, is that 1up have several players hiding in other top alliances, which isnt all together impossible.

But when has PA ever been a 'viable' game
Unread 19 May 2006, 11:24   #207
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Yes, I covered that:

I'd like to clarify that I was not issuing any sort of challenge by pointing out Sid's silence on the subject. I was simplying putting an actual example to the 'credibility' statement.
Sorry - I was agreeing with you. Obviously I didn't make that terribly clear.

Whats also interesting is how omen are, for the 4th time this week, up by more roids that the rest of the top 10 (non napped) have lost put together?

Omen +1760
ND -488
Insomnia -758 (minus one member)
F-Crew -302

Are they initiating again or is it indicative of them shifting members in and out of tag?

I wil be the first to admit that my statistical analysis is usually flawed so please enlighten me if it's something straightforward and simple that I'm missing

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2006, 11:49   #208
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Are they initiating again or is it indicative of them shifting members in and out of tag?
I think it's more likely that they attacked fat galaxies, which usually leads to those without (strong?) alliances being hurt most (ie losing most roids). Not only don't they have an alliance to back them, but they generally have worse fleets.
Unread 19 May 2006, 11:57   #209
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

I would rather say that they attack rather small gals.

And they all just cap 50 roids a day.
Unread 19 May 2006, 12:12   #210
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire
I would rather say that they attack rather small gals.

And they all just cap 50 roids a day.
A small galaxy can be fat, just as a big galaxy can be a bad target. There is no contradiction in what I said and you did. I just didn't try to make a moral judgement about their targeting practices.
Unread 19 May 2006, 12:18   #211
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry - I was agreeing with you. Obviously I didn't make that terribly clear.

Whats also interesting is how omen are, for the 4th time this week, up by more roids that the rest of the top 10 (non napped) have lost put together?

Omen +1760
ND -488
Insomnia -758 (minus one member)
F-Crew -302

I wil be the first to admit that my statistical analysis is usually flawed so please enlighten me if it's something straightforward and simple that I'm missing
I'm sure you're more than aware that on the road to losing those roids, NewDawn and Insomnia probably gained some too :| It's not like the only roids up for grabs are the ones lost in that listing.

.. Or maybe they've got them from the untagged super-planets!

Alki the planets they'd remove are scanners, they aren't average score. You certainly wouldn't need twenty untagged top fifty planets to go ahead of Omen! The score gap doesn't matter very much anyway, value does.
Unread 19 May 2006, 12:22   #212
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
The score gap doesn't matter very much anyway, value does.
Yeah, it's all a question of being able to stay out of the spotlight until most of the planets are under the bashlimit. Oh wait, wrong round...
Unread 19 May 2006, 12:54   #213
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:
Alki the planets they'd remove are scanners, they aren't average score. You certainly wouldn't need twenty untagged top fifty planets to go ahead of Omen! The score gap doesn't matter very much anyway, value does.
I know that hence the:

Quote:
Obviously this logic is flawed in many areas
but still the gap as it is, is 20mill~ dropping scanners will still drop there score a good couple of million, on a scale between 10-20 players, dropping upto that many will cause a bigger effect in drop of score as the planets will e getting larger from bottom upwards(duh). It is still alot of 'big planets' to go that unnoticed.

Even dropping 5 scanners for members, it is still an average of a 4mill~ planet and thats not including the drop from scanners score.

Dont get me wrong im not saying its impossible for them to be ahead at this point, that'd be rather silly, but still im just approaching it from the facts at hand, with no evidence to ack either side up.

On regards about the value, you are right value is all that matters, and if it is true that they hae just been roiding 'newbies' sitting on there roids and gaining value and no xp everyday, someone is going to have a helluva hard time, IF the war is brought to them:>
Unread 19 May 2006, 14:04   #214
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
It is still alot of 'big planets' to go that unnoticed.
Well yeah, a lot of big planets have been noticed by NewDawn, Insomnia, Omen & Angels, planets which are none of theirs and have no defensive interactions with other tags. A lot, being more than enough to win the said alliance the round. Edit: I think I'm right in saying they can't fill 58ish 1up spots in their arbiter or have a load of scanners taking up the last ten or so spots too

Forgetting 'intel' about 1up galmates that don't defend outside of their galaxies and the like. The arbiters of those alliances show pretty good evidence and I'm sure they're all capable of finding out the odd bit of information from a member.. i'm not sure if it's even possible to waste your time any more than searching for evidence of tagless players being attributable to a tag.

Isn't this the same alliance that's competed damn hard for first place for six rounds in a row now. You really are wasting your time discussing 1up if you honestly think that after chucking out a lot of dead weight and taking on fresh blood they even could be all of a sudden going for a top ten place and nothing more. Give them some credit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******master
Yeah, it's all a question of being able to stay out of the spotlight until most of the planets are under the bashlimit. Oh wait, wrong round...
Didn't that alliance have over half the top ten and the highest average tag score for most of the round? That's hardly staying out of the spotlight.
Unread 19 May 2006, 14:11   #215
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:
Isn't this the same alliance that's competed damn hard for first place for six rounds in a row now. You really are wasting your time discussing 1up if you honestly think that after chucking out a lot of dead weight and taking on fresh blood they even could be all of a sudden going for a top ten place and nothing more. Give them some credit!
Ah you see this is 'information' that I lack, I was merely discussing 'facts' from information I had at hand. Of course, im not a naive person I dont for one second consider them to not have something up there sleeves, but was merely working from what I had.
Unread 19 May 2006, 15:25   #216
[BA]Apoc
HR-HC (PA Addict)

[BA]Apoc can only hope to improve

What astounds me is that everyone assume that 1up must have something up their sleeve.

Currently 1up have an advantage of about 150-250k in avg VALUE over all the other major alliances. hows about they're just biding their time to strike? theres not a single allaince that 1up can't take on currently. So maybe they dont have xx planets outside Tag? maybe they are trying a different strategy?

BTW aren't theres more interesting topic of convo?

like Omen about to run away with the round?
Angels dropping roids like flies?

So many interesting topics and the one we're focused on is ... Whats 1up up to?

Adios and flame / rant away

Allainces [BA] - [NOS] - [HR]
[BA]Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2006, 16:15   #217
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Would people please stop ending a post flame away. I am going to start hunting people down for this if it continues.

(I say start, that knock on your front door was me.)
Unread 19 May 2006, 17:55   #218
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by [BA]Apoc
Currently 1up have an advantage of about 150-250k in avg VALUE over all the other major alliances. hows about they're just biding their time to strike? theres not a single allaince that 1up can't take on currently.

Quote:
Omen about to run away with the round?

Sort of contradicting urself there? Claiming 1up can beat all but still somehow Omen are about to run away with the round?

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2006, 17:56   #219
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

In this day and age, you have to take quantum superposition into account. While 1up are actually.. whatever rank they are, they're also first at the same time. Omen are first, second and last (the state that they're apparently possibly going to crumble like Phraktos and Absolute). Angels are 4th.
Unread 19 May 2006, 18:01   #220
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
Sort of contradicting urself there? Claiming 1up can beat all but still somehow Omen are about to run away with the round?

Presumably that's why he asked to be flamed
Unread 19 May 2006, 18:29   #221
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Presumably that's why he asked to be flamed
I refrained from flaming though

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 20 May 2006, 08:01   #222
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about

Still waiting for mass shipjumping from alliances to jump to 1up when it's possible for them to get 80 members. Think it should be possible for them now tbh, so it looks like me that my paranoia about 1up doing everything to win were wrong
Unread 20 May 2006, 09:42   #223
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilatus
Still waiting for mass shipjumping from alliances to jump to 1up when it's possible for them to get 80 members. Think it should be possible for them now tbh, so it looks like me that my paranoia about 1up doing everything to win were wrong
They would have been required to have 60 members in tag in order to have increased their limits. So, as far as I know, their limit is - should be - 60, correct me if I'm wrong.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2006, 09:59   #224
Pilatus

Haven't been able to find the answer on that, but if your right that gives me even more respect for F-Crew.
Unread 20 May 2006, 17:10   #225
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
The alliance limit will be as follows:

Until tick 120 (5 days into the round), the maximum limit will be 60 planets.

After tick 120, those alliances not in the top 5 with 60 planets will be able to accept up to another 20 planets (80 planets total) at a rate of one a minimum of every max(1,14-$rank) ticks.
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=190435
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2006, 18:31   #226
Wishmaster
LDK

yeah. Game is flawed if they suddenly get 80.

Though doubt that will happen.

Quote:
Unread 20 May 2006, 18:58   #227
[BA]Apoc
HR-HC (PA Addict)

[BA]Apoc can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster

The first quote was me stating a fact the second quote was me suggesting some random topic wiht no basis in any fact but just opening the way for debate ... apologies for the confusion.

to add another fact 1up's roid count through intel gives them near 50 k in roids.

Allainces [BA] - [NOS] - [HR]

Last edited by [BA]Apoc; 20 May 2006 at 20:40.
[BA]Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2006, 19:53   #228
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

That doesn't happen. One at a time etc. You can't save the spots up
Unread 21 May 2006, 22:30   #229
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Forgetting 'intel' about 1up galmates that don't defend outside of their galaxies and the like. The arbiters of those alliances show pretty good evidence and I'm sure they're all capable of finding out the odd bit of information from a member.. i'm not sure if it's even possible to waste your time any more than searching for evidence of tagless players being attributable to a tag.

To me this is another evasive post on this thread without actually offering anything concrete. There seems to be no actual structure to it, infact it seems more of an attempt for people to believe this 'rumour' when it is quite possibly unfounded and you are asking to people to believe you because it's a 'waste of time' searching for people out of tag which is no reason at all.

To me if it was true, Omen would be hitting 1up like nobody's business because they want to win and if 1up were past them, it would be pointless not to do so as they'd have nothing to lose and the fact is if you want something in PA these days you've got to do yourself - I think Keizari recognises that. Omen's actions do not make sense. If they don't believe it (which by their actions, they clearly don't), I don't see why anyone else should. I'd suggest spending your time persuading Omen HC of the truth of it if I were you.

To me if this rumour is false and Omen are party to it, they're guilty of stagnating the round as to me the rumour serves nothing other than an agenda to divert fire and preserve the mind numbingly dull status quo so Omen can get their roids paid off.
Unread 24 May 2006, 06:05   #230
Robsch

Robsch is on a distinguished road

what ofc no one was expecting *hrhr* just happened

so this thread is kinda obsolete now
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
Robsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2006, 11:23   #231
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

It's surprising, actually. I thought that they'd wait until they had a bigger lead.
Unread 24 May 2006, 11:26   #232
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
It's surprising, actually. I thought that they'd wait until they had a bigger lead.
Due to being targetted slightly more (I'd imagine this would be the reason) I think they actually have a smaller lead now than they did a couple of weeks ago. Emphasis on think heh. Obviously this is different to say, last round as now their effective strength is increased due to being intag.
Unread 24 May 2006, 12:36   #233
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
What astounds me is that everyone assume that 1up must have something up their sleeve.

Currently 1up have an advantage of about 150-250k in avg VALUE over all the other major alliances. hows about they're just biding their time to strike? theres not a single allaince that 1up can't take on currently. So maybe they dont have xx planets outside Tag? maybe they are trying a different strategy?

BTW aren't theres more interesting topic of convo?

like Omen about to run away with the round?
Angels dropping roids like flies?

So many interesting topics and the one we're focused on is ... Whats 1up up to?

Adios and flame / rant away
did it become any clearer today m8?
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2006, 13:40   #234
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Due to being targetted slightly more (I'd imagine this would be the reason) I think they actually have a smaller lead now than they did a couple of weeks ago. Emphasis on think heh. Obviously this is different to say, last round as now their effective strength is increased due to being intag.
They might not have put everyone inside the tag yet, only the ones who dont have massive massive massive saved res, or who ahve run out by self covering. Just no way to tell.
Unread 24 May 2006, 13:51   #235
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

All but one of our "proper" members are in the tag now. The one not in isn't one of our bigger members - it's someone who only just joined and is waiting out his 72 hour period.
Unread 24 May 2006, 14:02   #236
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Shot down in an attempt to be clever, thanks sid
Unread 29 May 2006, 17:44   #237
Jykke
Estharian

Jykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura about

Exellent work 1up.
Even if i wasnt playing the round, its been a good
show to observe from time to time from "outside"

[Blue Tuba] -> [Fury] -> [Eclipse] -> [1up]
rounds that I have played; 3-10 and 16.
....."Never Defeat,
.....Never Despair,
Welcome To Esthar"
Jykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 04:19   #238
Pilatus

Omg, still don't understand how they did it. Thought it looked kinda fishy that 1up were as low in ranking aslong as they were in this round. Tbh, i hoped that this would be a round that 1up wouldn't win, but as it looks now i think this is 1up's best round ever. Atleast it looks if they win, it will be a victory that will be remembered for awhile.
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 08:47   #239
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Tbh, i hoped that this would be a round that 1up wouldn't win, but as it looks now i think this is 1up's best round ever. Atleast it looks if they win, it will be a victory that will be remembered for awhile.
best round ever ? i would say r12 was the best round ever - followed from r11.

but of course that were the rounds where i was also a member :P.

but just by score/roid lead it was one of these 2 round - in my opinion.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 08:55   #240
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

I think r11 was the best, cant do much better than doubling #2 ally's score and having avg score somewhere in top 100
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 09:36   #241
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshih
I think r11 was the best, cant do much better than doubling #2 ally's score and having avg score somewhere in top 100
round 12 were only 59 members - while the others had like 100 or so and "we" still managed to have nearly double average.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 09:37   #242
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd say Round 11 was 1up's best round in many ways, but this round should go down in history as one where they totally out-played everyone else.
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 10:13   #243
Pilatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshih
Didn't play in round 11. Started playing in r13 again. The reason i said this it why i think it's their best round even, is because i like the way they made themself look like the big loosers for awhile in this round, and then just started climbing all the way to top 1. Not sure what you ppl think, but atleast to me they drained away the attention of being able to be #1 for awhile. Still thought they would do well later for some reasons, but never thought that they would have been this successful at it.
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 10:37   #244
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

well i cant say im that impressed by their tacics really its more how dissapointed i am at the rest of the playfield that got played like a bunch of noobs even after we (all) got decent info about them. so its not cudos to them its a troutslap to us for letting it happen :/
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 12:17   #245
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
its a troutslap to us for letting it happen :/
Isnt that how almost every alliance wins? they are rarely ever unstoppable, and most of the time, its how they interact with the other alliances that determines whether they are successful or not.

And thats not factoring in the fact that most of the time alliances need to co-operate with others to take down potential victors, and that brings its own problems into the mix, distrust being one thing, and then each alliance thats co-operating trying to get out of it better than the others, so they can increase there own shot at winning.

When all those factors are put into account, it is kudos to them, simply because they won not only because they kept themselves out of wars they couldnt win, and they cannot be blamed for the inability of their opposition to see past their own distrust of rival alliances and do what would be needed to be done to take them down.
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 12:19   #246
Pilatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
well i cant say im that impressed by their tacics really its more how dissapointed i am at the rest of the playfield that got played like a bunch of noobs even after we (all) got decent info about them. so its not cudos to them its a troutslap to us for letting it happen :/
Thats actually why i think it's their best round ever.
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 15:41   #247
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:
Thats actually why i think it's their best round ever.
oh far from it, its more a case of 'been there done that'.

Ask Sid yourself he will tell you, this is the worst victory 1up has had of all of them
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 16:43   #248
Pilatus

So he already admit that they won this round?
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 18:43   #249
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

seems to be obvious with none of the other contenders daring to try and stop them (and ofc the typical planet nap - help save my own rank - actions ain't helping that either), it must be getting boring for the 1up members i bet :-).
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 21:51   #250
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

and thats why i laugh my ass off when some pa player/hc says how competent they are compared to other games. before r13 this game had the same winner and alliances didnt do shit about it.

this round is another example, grow balls and try to achieve more then fighting for #2/#3/#99

thats my conclusion: 1up isnt unbeatable, the competition just sux ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
MaxMilliaN is offline   Reply With Quote