User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 5 Apr 2006, 21:16   #1
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Suicide planet

In another game Im playing you have the suicide player option.

Now this might sound lame for some, but this is actually a quite okay option.

If you are unhappy with the race you picked, or just want to play something else, you can click on suicide planet button, and all research, and all race and all your fleet/score points etc get reset to 0. Then you can start over again with a new planet.

The option must ofc be put so that you can not suicide while under attack etc. But I think its an okay option if you grow tired of your planet and want to start with something else.

So, vote yes for voulunteer suiciding.
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 22:12   #2
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about
Re: Suicide planet

Would you also get autoexiled, so galm8's wouldn't have to spend any res or time on getting you the hell out of the gal after you used it?
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 22:25   #3
Graham
Colax

Graham is an unknown quantity at this point

I think thats a great idea, how many of us have actually got so board with our planet and just abandoned it?

Vote = Yes!

R15 - Member - Heroes R16 - BC - Heroic R17 - HC - Heroic R18 - HC Advisor - Heroic R19 - HC - Heroic - Left and became a Viking! R19 - Member - TGV R20 - DC - TGV R21 - Member - TGV/ToF/SubH R22 - Member TGV R23 - Founded ASS - Alamo Space Smurfs with the HC team R24 - HC ASS - Alamo Space Smurfs
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 22:27   #4
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilatus
Would you also get autoexiled, so galm8's wouldn't have to spend any res or time on getting you the hell out of the gal after you used it?

Well, maybe. But I dont really think so.
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 22:28   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

An option to reset the planet without having to contact us has been planned for a couple of rounds, actually. We just haven't coded it
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 22:39   #6
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
An option to reset the planet without having to contact us has been planned for a couple of rounds, actually. We just haven't coded it
Yeah, but it *is* an option! Just come by #support and we'll direct you to get your planet reset

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 22:47   #7
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham
I think thats a great idea, how many of us have actually got so board with our planet and just abandoned it?
Not me!

But I generally like persevering and seeing how well I can do. I think it's worth adding, but an autoexile isn't a good idea. If you're an active & good player, even a small planet can benefit a gal quite substantially. Especially if they like you & you like them.

As to reset to zero, perhaps a reset to somehting more in line with the round in terms of research, so that you don't have to go through the boredom of re learning how to mine so many roids etc.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 23:00   #8
Pilatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Well, maybe. But I dont really think so.
Ok, probably would be best if autoexile didn't happen when i think about it.

Don't think i would like such an option though. Would hate to wake with a bad hangover, and then checking into pa and just to find it been reset. Not to unlikely that i could do such a thing and regret it afterwards. Atleast if i had to goto #support, there's a chance that they wouldn't have done it if they had notice i've been drunk and wouldn't do it at the time(i hope).

Probably a little selfish of me, but prefer options that aren't to dangerous for me
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 23:01   #9
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:

Don't think i would like such an option though. Would hate to wake with a bad hangover, and then checking into pa and find my planet reset. Not to unlikely that i could do such a thing and regret it afterwards. Atleast if i had to goto #support to get it done, there's a chance that they wouldn't have done it if they had notice i've been drunk and wouldn't do it at the time(i hope).

Probably a little selfish of me, but prefer options that aren't to dangerous for me
We'd have a 24-48 hour delay.
The same for any future delete planet option - if it were there, it'd wouldn't be instantaneous.
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 23:20   #10
Pilatus

Ok, the option sounds a bit safer to me now
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 11:41   #11
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

Cut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to all

Quote:

Don't think i would like such an option though. Would hate to wake with a bad hangover, and then checking into pa and just to find it been reset. Not to unlikely that i could do such a thing and regret it afterwards. Atleast if i had to goto #support, there's a chance that they wouldn't have done it if they had notice i've been drunk and wouldn't do it at the time(i hope).

lmao
presumably this has to be mainstream news not 'omg 2 penguins were killed by an eskimo last night at 2am. local police chief Iwakoa Sanjo has said that the brutal murderers will be brought to justice snow style'.
Cut Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 13:00   #12
Razgriz
Retired FCHC

Razgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the rough

I'm actually not too keen on the idea. Sure one day your planet and fleets may get driven into the ground but i feel that persaverance is an important part of the game.

So you've lost 70% of your fleet because you didn't check a jumpgate scan before you landed or you didn't run your fleet when you saw incomings and couldn't organise any defence. What do you do about it? Waste half a round and click a 'reset' button? Or do you suck it up, point out where you went wrong and learn from your mistakes while carrying on to the best of your ability?

Sorry, don't like the idea, it's the easy way out.
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
---------------------------------------------------
[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]ucked

join our public chan #f-crew
Razgriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 14:08   #13
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz
Sorry, don't like the idea, it's the easy way out.
Can be pretty boring if you've decided you hate the race you've picked, or your planet has just stagnated.

Sure, it's an easy way out and I doubt the vast majority of players (especially those who affect the overall flow of the game) would use it, but if anything, it should help keep players. Which can only be a good thing!
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 15:05   #14
Razgriz
Retired FCHC

Razgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Sure, it's an easy way out and I doubt the vast majority of players (especially those who affect the overall flow of the game) would use it, but if anything, it should help keep players. Which can only be a good thing!
Yes, i agree; keeping players is a good thing however i doubt that they will have an enjoyable round if they are having to reset their planets all the time, starting from scratch with little chance of making much progress in the rankings. I don't think that there's any need for such a function in the game. We already have exile and auto-exile for inactives - it's just the same as a reset, you start a-fresh in a new galaxy but your progress isn't hindered.

Unread 6 Apr 2006, 15:16   #15
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Yes, i agree; keeping players is a good thing however i doubt that they will have an enjoyable round if they are having to reset their planets all the time, starting from scratch with little chance of making much progress in the rankings. I don't think that there's any need for such a function in the game. We already have exile and auto-exile for inactives - it's just the same as a reset, you start a-fresh in a new galaxy but your progress isn't hindered.

More players will maybe want to actually decide for themselves?

I am pretty sure that 90%+ of the ones who will suicide their planet will actually want to suicide their planet after having the 24-48 hour "rethinking" time.

The more options the players get, the more you will feel that you are the one taking the decisions on your planet

Im guessing that around 10-15% of the planets that goes inactive goes inactive because they dont like the start they've had, and while a reset of the planet might not be a very rank good choice, maybe it will make that player enjoy his round more if he's able to restart with a new race.
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 15:21   #16
Razgriz
Retired FCHC

Quote:
More players will maybe want to actually decide for themselves?

I am pretty sure that 90%+ of the ones who will suicide their planet will actually want to suicide their planet after having the 24-48 hour "rethinking" time.

The more options the players get, the more you will feel that you are the one taking the decisions on your planet

Im guessing that around 10-15% of the planets that goes inactive goes inactive because they dont like the start they've had, and while a reset of the planet might not be a very rank good choice, maybe it will make that player enjoy his round more if he's able to restart with a new race.
I see your point, however - i still think it's the easy way out. There should be some kind of restriction on the reset. ie - you can only do it once or you're only able to do it if your score/value drops by over 50% in a one week period.

Unread 6 Apr 2006, 15:41   #17
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
I see your point, however - i still think it's the easy way out. There should be some kind of restriction on the reset. ie - you can only do it once or you're only able to do it if your score/value drops by over 50% in a one week period.
Easy way out? I fail to see what's the easy way out with resetting your planet and starting from 0.
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 15:57   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I literally cannot believe it but I agree with kargool. Oh dear guys looks like we've doomed another universe
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 16:05   #19
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In another game Im playing you have the suicide player option.

Now this might sound lame for some, but this is actually a quite okay option.

If you are unhappy with the race you picked, or just want to play something else, you can click on suicide planet button, and all research, and all race and all your fleet/score points etc get reset to 0. Then you can start over again with a new planet.

The option must ofc be put so that you can not suicide while under attack etc. But I think its an okay option if you grow tired of your planet and want to start with something else.

So, vote yes for voulunteer suiciding.
Well, Alki could have used it last round rather then asking the PA-Team to reset his planet. So yes, it'd be a nice option for those that want to try over again.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 16:40   #20
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It seems an ok feature but it really does need a resonable cooling off period as people do make rash decisions when playing this game.

For example with F-Crew theres been a number of times that people to decide to quit the game after somethings happened so have left the alliance so as not to waste a space only to clam down over the next few days and realise they have been rash where they then get back to playing and reapply to the alliance. This kind of rash decision is damaging enough and thats only leaving them allianceless for a few days, this idea will set them back so your going to have to make sure its an informed decision by giving them a cooling off period
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote