User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Dec 2005, 20:17   #1
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of
Resources unspent not to count as value

What about not counting resources held in the value calculations.

Ive noticed a lot of inactive planets with large values due to an entire round of not spending.

It'd eliminate some whoring and manipulation, and at the same time encourage it. I'm just putting the idea out there for some discussion.

I understand big players will say 'it impacts me more' but it won't because everyone will have the same issue, relatively speaking.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2005, 07:54   #2
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

Ron7684 can only hope to improve
Re: Resources unspent not to count as value

Its not a good idea because the larger planets already stockpile resources to half their value, if res was valueless, their bash limit would be EXTREMELY low and you'd be hit by huge planets without even knowing it.
Unread 15 Dec 2005, 09:11   #3
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I would hate to see what a top player does when he spends that 200m resources that has been valueless
Be see who can build ships to the top during the end of the round.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 02:07   #4
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Say what noah?

Resources arent worth THAT much ron - not enough to see a huge planet bashing a tiny one.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2005, 04:46   #5
KingAlan

KingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the rough

inactives that haven't spent all round are fun to hit with 'Hacking: Resource Transfers'.

Value formula includes-
Ship value/100
Spare resource count/150

So they don't count quite as much as 'spent' resources as is. it's a decent system, I don't see any problems with it, although maybe the factor could be reduced?

Spare resource count/200 maybe?
Round 13- complete n00b, 13:5:19
[Hidden Agenda member from round 14 on out]
Round 14: 11:7 MoD, final rank 1006
Round 15: 11:9:7, Galactic Commander, final rank 724
Round 16: 4:5:7, GC (The Colt 4-5's), final rank 380
Round 17: [forgot my final result]
Round 19: final rank 233
Round 20: 2:7:15, final rank 222
Round 23: bad end rank, crashed too many times
Round 24: am playing Zik

I provided the name for Round 16, "The End of an Era".
KingAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2005, 16:37   #6
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I would go the other way and make them equal.
Unread 17 Dec 2005, 17:58   #7
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about

Would be nice for xp-whores though. I think i would consider xp-whoring if res became valueless

Last edited by Pilatus; 17 Dec 2005 at 18:06.
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote