User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Oct 2005, 02:38   #1
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about
Few galslots open for low score players

Why not give each gal something like 3-5 slots that's only open for players below a certain score. That way each gal will have some slots open for n00bs with small score, and then they won't be able to exile a small player with 200k score in an attemt to get a 2mil planet. Wouldn't atleast something like this give more n00bs a chance to appreciate the game, before quitting after being bashed for the 200th time.

After all, this game ain't as newbie friendly as it were in r4 when there were tons of us n00bs, so i think something like this could be helpful when it comes to reqruiting more players to the game.

Last edited by Pilatus; 29 Oct 2005 at 02:44.
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2005, 12:35   #2
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Few galslots open for low score players

I've seen a similar idea to this - some planet numbers in a galaxy that can only accept free planets.
It's unfortunately open to abuse - people signing up planets to flick through the galaxies and spy, knowing they can get in any galaxy (even if the exponential gets bigger after quite a few times, keeping a low value/ score ...)
Also, if a planet joins below the certain score, and grow and get bigger, then does that mean that the galaxy again becomes open to another smaller planet?
Unread 29 Oct 2005, 14:39   #3
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about
Re: Few galslots open for low score players

My idea if that if a gal should depend on some of those planets in order to get a better ranking. That way, if they get a planet that seems active enough, it might be a good idea to keep him. I wan't gals to have to compare n00bs against other n00bs for some of the galslots.

Ofcause it could be used by spies, but spies can stil abuse the system. Atleast with the 48 ticks before you can exile them. Even of some of those planets would be spies, i still think it would make more ppl continue playing pa.

However i think it would have to go atleast a couple of hundred ticks before those slots got open, and that the limit should increase if possible later in the round. And maybe even make it possible for planets that have been exiled a certain time to be exiled into one of those slots.

And tbh, with the current system with 48 ticks before a planet can be exilied helps spies. Wouldn't it be better if you could exile someone that obvious a spy sooner, and maybe get an active n00b that might not be a spy instead?
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote