User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Mar 2003, 20:32   #1
Perle

Perle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these parts
Rumsfeld threatens Syria

Rumsfeld has accused syria of delivering several weapons to Iraq and bringing the lives of coalition soldiers in danger. He said the Syrian government will have to take responsibility for their actions.

Mankind is ready to enter the solar system
George W. Bush, in his speech about his space program
Perle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 20:49   #2
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
I know that if anyone aid's the enemy surely they will become targets, in any conflict. But this bothers me. I have a feeling that if anything comes of this latest development, we may very well have World War 3 happen. Surely some Arab countries will come to help the Syrians...then, imo, NATO would step up and send some of our troops over to help out, then more countries will step in to back up the Arab's and so on and so forth. This could get very scary over the comming weeks/months.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 21:31   #3
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
I think its about time we had WWIII, too much fear and argy bargy going on in the world, what everyone needs is a good shítkicking.

This is how i think we should line up

Nato Vs Arab League and Russia (with some help from the chinise)

no WMDs allowed, time of play 4 years 276 days, no respawns.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 21:32   #4
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
I think its about time we had WWIII, too much fear and argy bargy going on in the world, what everyone needs is a good shítkicking.

This is how i think we should line up

Nato Vs Arab League and Russia (with some help from the chinise)

no WMDs allowed, time of play 4 years 276 days, no respawns.
anyone got the link handy where the US got beat 3 times in a row in their own gulf war sim, and only won by refusing to let the other side do anything ?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 21:53   #5
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Rumsfeld is just jealous he's not part of Bush and Blair's Endless Love
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 22:00   #6
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
it would be pretty interesting
I world war in my lifetime?:???
sweet
thanks god I am WAAAYYY out of the war theather, wich should be europe, asia, bits of africa and USA

/me goes grab some popkorn
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 22:13   #7
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
oh dear

that's the second arab nation he's threatened seperate from the Iraq crisis. Joy.
Looks like he's spoiling for a 'rumble' that may turn into WW3 :eek:
And i think the chances of there being a WW3 without WMDs is minimal. ICBMs ahoy!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 22:36   #8
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all
There will be no WWIII.

Even in the unbelievably unlikely situation that military violece breaks out between Syria and The United States, the only country that MIGHT back Syeria is Lebanon. The rest of the Middle East will continue taking massive US bribes to stay neutral, and allow these nations to be stepped on.

Most Arab nations have a vested interest in watching Iraq burn as it will:
a) increase the price of oil, thus lining their pockets;
b) remove a leader with a history of causing regional instability
c) result in a leadership void which, odds are , will be eventually replaced by an Islamic leader, likely much more closely allied to their interests.

So they get massive bribes to be quiet ($10 billion USD in the case of Jordan) and watch the fireworks.

The only chance of a major escalation at all is if Iraq somehow drags Israel into the war, and Sharon is in a pissy mood that day and retaliates. THEN the arab states might get a bit upset.

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 22:53   #9
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
hmm

but surely if the US started picking through arab states one by one and replacing their leaders, even the ones who have been taking bribes would get rather worried and assist the one under attack wouldn't they?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 23:45   #10
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts
Re: hmm

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
but surely if the US started picking through arab states one by one and replacing their leaders, even the ones who have been taking bribes would get rather worried and assist the one under attack wouldn't they?
Only we they are the last or maybe next to last country. The Arab countries like to provide their support quietly. Support the United States quietly. Support the terrorists quietly. You get the idea.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 23:56   #11
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about
Re: Re: hmm

Quote:
Originally posted by Texan
Only we they are the last or maybe next to last country. The Arab countries like to provide their support quietly. Support the United States quietly. Support the terrorists quietly. You get the idea.
Which arab coutries are you talking about. Sounds to me like a mix of Kuwait and Irak.
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 00:01   #12
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Vermillion
There will be no WWIII.

Even in the unbelievably unlikely situation that military violece breaks out between Syria and The United States, the only country that MIGHT back Syeria is Lebanon. The rest of the Middle East will continue taking massive US bribes to stay neutral, and allow these nations to be stepped on.

c) result in a leadership void which, odds are , will be eventually replaced by an Islamic leader, likely much more closely allied to their interests.

So they get massive bribes to be quiet ($10 billion USD in the case of Jordan) and watch the fireworks.

The only chance of a major escalation at all is if Iraq somehow drags Israel into the war, and Sharon is in a pissy mood that day and retaliates. THEN the arab states might get a bit upset.
Except in the case where the population overthrow there own government and cause further instability.
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 00:08   #13
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
3 cheers for imperialism!

(And I'm not even sure if I'm sarcastic here or not)

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 00:15   #14
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Re: hmm

Quote:
Originally posted by Pilatus
Which arab coutries are you talking about. Sounds to me like a mix of Kuwait and Irak.
I'm thinking more along the lines of Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt and Yemen. They support the United States but do very little to hinder the terrorists in their own countries.
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 00:34   #15
BuddhistPunk

BuddhistPunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
Rumsfeld is just jealous he's not part of Bush and Blair's Endless Love
That has got to be one of the funniest things I have seen on the net
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 01:08   #16
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by BuddhistPunk
That has got to be one of the funniest things I have seen on the net
You dont get out much do you?
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 01:23   #17
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
There will be no WWIII.

you might be right about the CURRENT goverments in these arab country, but how long do you think they will stay in power after the next muslim country is attacked? i doubt it will be very long. some countries already face some serious trouble because of the iraq war.
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 02:10   #18
Atamur
Ngisne

Atamur is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Rumsfeld threatens Syria

Quote:
Originally posted by Perle
Rumsfeld has accused syria of delivering several weapons to Iraq and bringing the lives of coalition soldiers in danger. He said the Syrian government will have to take responsibility for their actions.
Syria is safe for a while. Since we are taking countries out in alphabetial order, Jordan, Lebanon, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia will go down before we get to Syria. Notice that Iran and Egypt are safe forever.
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 03:25   #19
Anaximander

Anaximander is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
There will be no WWIII.
a) the price for oil dropped with the start of the war.
b) probably true
c) the leadership void is a nightmare for the arab nations.
They don't want a western democracy, as the US tells everybody they would like to see in Iraq - it would be a threat for the autocratic governments.
The "Islamic leader" is not necessarily a moderate one. An extremistic leader would be a threat for the autocratic systems too.

The only nation in this region, that fullhearted agree with the war is Kuwait. The rest is bribed and weak, because they don't manage to achieve a political unity.

If Syria got attacked by the US, I think the arab nations wouldn't join this war. They might try to decrease their oilproduction. About the rest of the world - no idea what will happen. But if the US attacks Syria next, it would remind me somehow of the German history.
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 05:14   #20
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
What's this **** about ww3? Noone capable of creating a world war have any interest in doing so.
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 05:33   #21
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by NEWSBOT3
anyone got the link handy where the US got beat 3 times in a row in their own gulf war sim, and only won by refusing to let the other side do anything ?
http://www.jolt.co.uk/paf/showthread...hreadid=161651
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 05:51   #22
Tron
GalCiv Enthuisiast

Tron is an unknown quantity at this point
(sarcasm)

KILL EM ALL!!!!

(sarcasm)

R3: {141:7:11} Joshua Calvert of Kiint (The Federation)
R4: {9:25:3} Not Without A Delusion of Grandeur (Unity)
R5: {I forget} Cirrhosis of The Liver
Tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 12:53   #23
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
rumsfeld is an idiot anyway, he doesnt want the us to pay anything at all for rebuilding iraq. what kind of policy is that? we blow up your country, but we dont give a damn about how you repair the damage afterwards?
of the 75 billion bush got for the war, 2.5 billion will be used for aid.
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 12:54   #24
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
rumsfeld is an idiot anyway
That sums it up nicely.

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote