User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 25 Jan 2003, 23:46   #1
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about
Resolution in RH 7.2

I've just installed RH 7.2 on my sisters comp, and i need to know how to adjust the resolution. I'm using 800x600 res now, but that makes my gtali window to small so some help would be nice.
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 00:58   #2
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about
Plz, this ain't a joke. I have installed Linux before, but's only been Suse, Debian, RH and Mandrake. If it weren't for school i would have only cared for Suse, and maybe Debian, but i wouldn't given a **** about RH or MDK. Actually i can understand that ppl like Debian better then Suse, for when it comes to MDK or RH i can't understand it:-(
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 01:44   #3
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
edit /etc/X11/XF86Config, and change the bit under your desired colour depth.

Eg

Subsection
"Display"
Depth 16
Modes "1024x768"
EndSubsection
Depth 24
Modes "1024x768"
EndSubsection

or whatever

I think control-+ cycles through all the resolutions you have listed, if you listed more than one
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 16:23   #4
Pariah

its control + alt + keypad_plus/keypad_minus.

And you may add several resolutions, but first will be the default.