User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Dec 2002, 20:17   #51
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Makain
People wouldn't bother posting at all if they didn't think they could change someone's attitude or opinion to some extent. But I think I posted earlier this wasn't made to change people's attitudes, but to inform them that blaming the moderators was a misguided feat. Somewhere along the line I also pointed out that most can't respond to a comment without insulting someone, as Hobbie pointed out for us.
Shouldn't you rather question what pa would be without a forum. Sure ppl flame eachother from time to time, and also critics the creators from time to time, but i hardly doubt thats the reason that they putting pa offline. The reason they're taking down pa atm is because they can't afford to have it online.

Since i started playing pa in r4 there's been ppl that been flaming, and ppl critizing the creators and the game still continued all the way to round 8. There were even one round were many galaxy's named their galaxys with names like "No more piggybacking ffs" or atleast something like that (Round 4). And the creators respond were to make farming illegual and to make roiding ingal impossible.

To blame the community as the reason for pa being put offline, is pretty low. You should rather thank the community that pa's being online as long as it have. So go ahead and thank all of ous who's being spamming, flaming and critizing the creators, that the game has being online for 8 rounds

I don't care to much about all the flaming and spam myself, but it's fun to have arguments like this one.

Btw, Americans know how to spam and flame too. It's not only Europeans that does it. We Europeans are actually nice ppl when you first get to know ous
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 21:46   #52
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Makain is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the basis of my arugement was because the Forums became anti-newbie to a large extent that they haven't bee....oh screw it. I am too tired to taking on.

Doesn't matter anymore, I am just gonna wait for Round 9.
Makain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 04:47   #53
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Makain
I think the basis of my arugement was because the Forums became anti-newbie to a large extent that they haven't bee....
I still fail to see how the forums are 'anti-newbie' when most 'newbie' threads are treated with relative respect and helpful replies - most coming from moderators themselves.

If you mean a vocal sentiment on the forums is negative with regards to the game, Creators, etc. there's little doubt of why. People obviously aren't happy. Does that make it 'anti-newbie'? No, absolutely not, especially when there are threads supporting the game, Creators, etc.

The forums' primary use is for complaining. I'm sure you're quite savvy in that regard.
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 05:21   #54
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Pilatus
There were even one round were many galaxy's named their galaxys with names like "No more piggybacking ffs" or atleast something like that (Round 4).

hahaha. The "Spinner FFS" gal names always brings a smile to my face.
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 05:37   #55
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
I still fail to see how the forums are 'anti-newbie' when most 'newbie' threads are treated with relative respect and helpful replies - most coming from moderators themselves.

If you mean a vocal sentiment on the forums is negative with regards to the game, Creators, etc. there's little doubt of why. People obviously aren't happy. Does that make it 'anti-newbie'? No, absolutely not, especially when there are threads supporting the game, Creators, etc.

The forums' primary use is for complaining. I'm sure you're quite savvy in that regard.
There is a difference between pointing out something and complaining about it, but of course you don't see the difference.
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 05:48   #56
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
Better edit that first post before they start quoting!
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 22:43   #57
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about
I think i realize Manakins problem, even though he didnt mention it pretty well. It seems to me like he thinks we have a bad attitude against noobs. Personally i have felt like a noob since i started to play pa, and i've never managed to get a better ranking then top 1000. Except for the havoc in r7, but ofcause the best players atm didn't give a sh*t about the havoc ( which were something that i liked, because i managed to get on top 250 during hovoc.

I think there's many games that have a community that scares away noobs. Like Q3, CS and UT, but there's always someone who loves the games so much that they continue playing.

Let's take Manakin as an example. He made some unpopular posts that some ppl didn't like (I didn't like he's anti NOS thread) but he's still playing pa. After all the flaming he's gotten after all he's posts, i think it proves that once your an pa-addict then you'll always a pa-addict. Ofcause some ppl like Dreadnaught and Kileman is getting away with making more stupid posts then the awerage player, but that got something to do with thoose ppl have managed to get some respect from other players. And maybe your a little bit right about ppl being a little bit arrogant, but that's usually what happens when ppl starting to feel that they're getting good at a game.

What i think is the biggest challenge in order to keep PA alive, is to make the game simple enough, so that newbies can cope with it, and still make it challenging enough for veterans. And the only reason i were against 4 different races, compared to how the game were before r6, were because it would make it much more complicated for Newbies.
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 23:13   #58
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Quote:
Originally posted by Pilatus
I think i realize Manakins problem, even though he didnt mention it pretty well. It seems to me like he thinks we have a bad attitude against noobs. Personally i have felt like a noob since i started to play pa, and i've never managed to get a better ranking then top 1000. Except for the havoc in r7, but ofcause the best players atm didn't give a sh*t about the havoc ( which were something that i liked, because i managed to get on top 250 during hovoc.

I think there's many games that have a community that scares away noobs. Like Q3, CS and UT, but there's always someone who loves the games so much that they continue playing.

Let's take Manakin as an example. He made some unpopular posts that some ppl didn't like (I didn't like he's anti NOS thread) but he's still playing pa. After all the flaming he's gotten after all he's posts, i think it proves that once your an pa-addict then you'll always a pa-addict. Ofcause some ppl like Dreadnaught and Kileman is getting away with making more stupid posts then the awerage player, but that got something to do with thoose ppl have managed to get some respect from other players. And maybe your a little bit right about ppl being a little bit arrogant, but that's usually what happens when ppl starting to feel that they're getting good at a game.

What i think is the biggest challenge in order to keep PA alive, is to make the game simple enough, so that newbies can cope with it, and still make it challenging enough for veterans. And the only reason i were against 4 different races, compared to how the game were before r6, were because it would make it much more complicated for Newbies.
Thank you
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 23:47   #59
n4m3l355
Mista JZ

n4m3l355 can only hope to improve
american + n00bie.. could it have been any worse :P
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 04:50   #60
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
I still fail to see how the forums are 'anti-newbie'

Quote:
Originally posted by n4m3l355
american + n00bie.. could it have been any worse :P
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 07:25   #61
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Maybe it’s just me but the more of this I read the more it just seems a simple case of Makain feeling he’s still not part "in crowd" despite being here two rounds. A bit of advice, get over it your not “elite” now and I doubt you’ll ever be most other people manage to deal with it although I suspect they face far less hostility than you do because they don’t post threads like this.

Frankly I’m yet to find an Internet community that is newbie friendly which in a lot of ways is good, the whole gaining experience and standing is just a natural part of Internet life and to be honest there’s no way I'd go out of my way to try and help the majority of newbies especially if they displayed the kind of “I WANT IT ALL NOW” attitude that you do.

It's funny you accuse Hobbie of being hostile and just a flamer I don't think he's been that way since our battles with Deus in Round 6. He (Despite being one of the most annoying people on the boards with all his condescending posts) is one of the few people who almost without exception makes quality posts although he was more fun when he flamed Deus with me.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2002, 00:12   #62
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
Maybe it’s just me but the more of this I read the more it just seems a simple case of Makain feeling he’s still not part "in crowd" despite being here two rounds. A bit of advice, get over it your not “elite” now and I doubt you’ll ever be most other people manage to deal with it although I suspect they face far less hostility than you do because they don’t post threads like this.

Frankly I’m yet to find an Internet community that is newbie friendly which in a lot of ways is good, the whole gaining experience and standing is just a natural part of Internet life and to be honest there’s no way I'd go out of my way to try and help the majority of newbies especially if they displayed the kind of “I WANT IT ALL NOW” attitude that you do.

It's funny you accuse Hobbie of being hostile and just a flamer I don't think he's been that way since our battles with Deus in Round 6. He (Despite being one of the most annoying people on the boards with all his condescending posts) is one of the few people who almost without exception makes quality posts although he was more fun when he flamed Deus with me.
Please please fix whatever's wrong with you comp that produces those bloody symbols when you type an apostrophe
Unread 18 Dec 2002, 00:36   #63
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Fakhiri
I agree.. in some ways..with you all.

I've been in minor alliances in r3 and r4 and started a (after a while) rather big/powerfull alliance in the start of r5. This thing got a life of its own, and I didnt like the way PA started to look after this. Bigger and bigger aliances but less and less strategy, gaming and fun.

But maybee the game have lived its lifespan to the end. Started up in a small dark corner of the universe... evolving.. with alliances.... new alliances...BIG alliances..... 4 races....and then decline...
Its "life", its almost an interessting experiment. And it would be,
if i haven't started to feel like a member of this universe and community. I acctually miss some of my enemies.., I miss gettin flak from enemies and help form friends.

I miss the felling when i look on the enemy/friendly screen and galaxy status. However the blinking "enemies" and "allies" of round 5 was the all time high!! Creeeepy feeling when they started to blink... ah the memories... we will always have them.

Some memories :>http://www25.brinkster.com/danidaku/yeh/

To all my friends, I luv YA all! and 5S and the new owners

Rippey and Newt! the best.......

-Odin-
le conspiratore of C52
omg !!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but damn had u down as syn sid .... GRRRRRRRRRRR!

anyway ... hmmmm ... I still have no idea who u r

newt is offline   Reply With Quote